Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Ok lets go through this.

This group are called the Michigan Liberty Militia https://www.facebook.com/MLMmichiganlibertymilitia/

The leader is Phil robinson who likes to be called Phil Odinson (using norse shit is a big wink wink to white supremacy but we will get into that later)

They seem to do what the 3 percenters and oathkeepers do. ('we are just keeping the peace so people can protest'). Aka we are there to scare dissent.

If you go look at phils facebook page https://www.facebook.com/people/Phil...00010073290052 you might notice subtle little clues like the picture of the boogaloo patch. What is boogaloo? https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-...nized-n1138461

That article leaves out some details (like why they wear hawiaan shirts) etc. But its pretty good.

If you go through his personal account you will find multiple examples of him calling for the violent overthrow of the government.

This is his youtube, where hes being a mad cunt
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2l41YfvwPY

America failing to identify these people for what they are because its uncomfortable to admit you have armed and organised terrorist groups waiting for someone to fire the first shot to activate who share a broad ideology with neo-nazis, christian identity and 2nd amendment folks is a big problem. I suspect if i go through your posting history I can confirm what I already guess your politics are..
    Doesn't matter if we agree with their ideas or not. As long as they are being peaceful and within the law (which they were), then they have the right to protest. Even if you disagree with them...which is kind of the point.

You're the one coming off as fascist.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Doesn't matter if we agree with their ideas or not. As long as they are being peaceful and within the law (which they were), then they have the right to protest. Even if you disagree with them...which is kind of the point.

You're the one coming off as fascist.
    thier ideas like violent revolution, murdering liberals and leftists, minorities and journalists but as long as the shooting doesnt start today its not a problem! ok buddy.

They took over a state capitol building by force by the way.
    Last edited by jonnysensible; 2020-04-30 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    According to worldometers, Florida currently is listed as 10th in the rank of total COVID-19 deaths. I am, however, suspicious of their reporting and wouldn't put it past their "leaders" to have fudged some numbers. I'd be interested in seeing if elderly deaths have skyrocketed the past month there for "unknown" reasons, for example...
    Well yes, this is what the article is inferring. So thanks for the info and while many things are factored into covid death rate, Florida once again being 5th in population and large elderly population and 10th seems fishy.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    thier ideas like violent revolution, murdering liberals and leftists, minorities and journalists but as long as the shooting doesnt start today its not a problem! ok buddy.

They took over a state capitol building by force by the way.
    They didn't "take over" anything. Just stop.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/us-...71d643aba02ed0

"Michigan State Police says claims that Gov. Gretchen Whitmer was trapped inside the Capitol building by demonstrators protesting against her stay-at-home order are false.

Roughly 400 to 700 people descended on the state Capitol today, according to Michigan State Police.

The capitol was open to the public today, but due to social distancing rules in place, only 275 individuals were allowed inside at a time, with certain sections of the building being closed off, according to Lt. Brian Oleksyk.

Oleksyk said it was a very peaceful protest, “they were chanting peacefully and that was it.”

State Police made one arrest, which took place outside of the Capitol, where one protester had assaulted another, Oleksyk said.

All protesters had dispersed by 5 p.m., as had most of the police detail that was there to assist with the crowd."

LOL sorry your fearmongering didn't work.
    Last edited by Somewhatconcerned; 2020-04-30 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Well yes, this is what the article is inferring. So thanks for the info and while many things are factored into covid death rate, Florida once again being 5th in population and large elderly population and 10th seems fishy.
    I know. I was supporting your (and their) argument.

Unless humidity kills COVID-19 more efficiently than we realize, in which case it's no surprise since it's pretty much ALWAYS humid as fuck in Florida.

They didn't "take over" anything. Just stop.
    2nD AmEnDmEnT RiGhTs and FrEeDoM just ignore the boogaloo shirts, white power militia insignia, and QAnon signs.

Why does this make you want to stop talking?

I know. I was supporting your (and their) argument.

Unless humidity kills COVID-19 more efficiently than we realize, in which case it's no surprise since it's pretty much ALWAYS humid as fuck in Florida.
    Yes, no doubt. No argument here also. It will be something if this is a planned cover-up
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

As long as they are being peaceful and within the law (which they were), then they have the right to protest.
    If you need a gun to protest you are not peaceful.

Wielding a sign and shouting is protest, why exactly did they need a gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://www.newsweek.com/florida-sto...report-1501090

"Lists from the medical examiners had shown a higher number of deaths than the official count from the Florida Department of Health (FDH), according to reporting from the Tampa Bay Times."

you mean something fishy like this...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...101_story.html

“These notes raise questions about the investigation, and it is not surprising that Flynn’s defense team is pressing the defense of entrapment,” said Robert Mintz, a former federal prosecutor now in private practice. “But entrapment is a high bar. It is not enough simply to show that government agencies solicited a criminal act from a defendant. The critical issue for the defense is proving that investigators induced the defendant to engage in criminal conduct that the defendant would not otherwise have committed.”

“In order to succeed here,” Mintz continued, “the defense will have to prove not merely that the FBI anticipated that Flynn might lie during the interview, but that the FBI encouraged him to lie and induced him to commit a crime that he otherwise would not have committed.”

Chuck Rosenberg, a former U.S. attorney who also served as Comey’s chief of staff, said the notes do not make a case for entrapment.

“It is not a close call,” said Rosenberg. “In this situation, Flynn had three options: tell the truth, lie, or refuse to talk. The FBI did not plant a lie, urge him to repeat the lie, record him in the lie, and then prosecute him for lying. That might be entrapment. Here, Flynn was predisposed to lie, chose to talk, and then lied. That’s not entrapment.”

Gregory A. Brower, a former Republican U.S. attorney and FBI official under Comey, said the entrapment argument seems aimed primarily at Attorney General William P. Barr and Trump.

“I can’t think of a case in the past where a defendant has been able to get any traction at all with the Justice Department to undo his guilty plea — that’s a very unusual thing,” said Brower.
    Some cold water for the Flynn exoneration cheerleaders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    If you need a gun to protest you are not peaceful.

Wielding a sign and shouting is protest, why exactly did they need a gun?
    Arming yourself like this may be a right you have, but it's also 100% pure intimidation. The only reason to bring this type of weaponry to this event is either 1) you think your life is in danger and you need to protect yourself or 2) you want to cause fear in others and be an intimidating force to try to get your way.

This wasn't even a 2nd amendment demonstration so there is zero reason to bring guns like this.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    Entrapment is when the police get you to commit a crime to charge you with, not when you already committed the crime and they pressure you to confess.
    Related, a perjury trap is when they trick you into lying about something unrelated to add on another charge, not asking you a question about the thing they're investigating you for and expecting you to lie.
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2020-05-01 at 12:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Some cold water for the Flynn exoneration cheerleaders.
    This is all based on one unsigned note with an unknown date and author, right?

US Intelligence agencies: There is no evidence the coronavirus was manufactured or came from a lab.

Hours later...

Trump: The virus came from a lab!

When asked for proof, this was his response -

"I can't tell you that. I'm not allowed to tell you that,"

10+ Year Old Account
    US Intelligence agencies: There is no evidence the coronavirus was manufactured or came from a lab.

Hours later...

Trump: The virus came from a lab!

"I can't tell you that. I'm not allowed to tell you that,"
    well you're not allowed to show your asshole in public

10+ Year Old Account
    Why didn’t any journalist ask him for proof about drinking bleach... useless...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This is all based on one unsigned note with an unknown date and author, right?
    It is initialed, and confirmed by two anonymous sources as to who wrote it.

But like those lawyers said, and how I mentioned earlier, it's just prosecutorial shop talk, and it's not anywhere close to entrapment.

Things continue to suck.

63,865 deaths, 2,201 deaths for the 30th. (I've neglected to mention that worldometers usually starts and stops their days at midnight GMT, so daily numbers may vary from other sites, but total deaths is accurate.)

Also, 30,825 new confirmed cases making this the third straight day of increases, bringing us pretty much back to the weekly straight-line average we've had the entire past month. Still only about 6.3 million tests for the entirety of this pandemic when we NEED 5 million tests PER DAY to reopen safely. Good luck tomorrow, those in states that are reopening against all reason.

Good luck tomorrow, those in states that are reopening against all reason.
    Seriously. I know plenty of folks in those states will do everything they can to stay safe, but the reckless behavior of others isn't going to be making that easy.

But hey, at least you can get a cut and color! FREEDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Yikes: https://twitter.com/XHNews/status/1255734356728922113

China Xinhua News
    @XHNews

"China: We discovered a new virus.
    America: So what?

China: It's Dangerous
    America: It's only a Flu

China: Wear a Mask
    America: Don't wear a Mask"

- - - Updated - - -

You'll appreciate the video in the tweet from China's official state news service.
    Who is that jacked chinese lego guy?