10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Yeah except that's not true at all.
    Which part?

You set up withholding on your paychecks; a chunk of your pay is taken out and given to the government, to cover your taxes. You do this so it's taken out on each check rather than owed in a lump sum at the end of the year.

At the end of the year, when you calculate your taxes owed, it usually (if you set up withholding properly) comes out to somewhat under your withheld amount; this means the "extra" money that was withheld is returned to you, as a tax return.

You don't earn any interest on withheld income.

A perfectly-set-up withholding will result in a tax return and a tax owed of $0, ensuring you keep as much of your money in your bank where you can make use of it immediately; you would have paid exactly what you would owe at end-of-year.

Bigger tax returns mean your withholding is set too high. That's all it ever means.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    If a small percentage of the population is unhappy because of leftist hysterics, it is safe to say that overall, things are pretty fantastic. The taste of leftist tears is just the icing on the cake.

By the way, I learned from the mods that putting "mentally ill" in a list of possible reasons is the same as calling someone mentally ill and is really, really, REALLY bad. Please learn from me and don't do this.....

- - - Updated - - -

There is a huge difference between trying to put a company out of business and not wanting my tax dollars help them kill babies. Stop with the hysterics.
    Are you trying to make the moral equivalence between 300,000 babies murdered and some arbitrary number of medical procedures? That is really sick.
    Whataboutisms really aren't going to help you justify murdering unborn babies, but ok, whatever helps you sleep at night.
    There is no “Whataboutisms” in my post. Anti-abortionists don’t like to talk about it, but the CDC has tons of data which show the devastating consequences of defunding or restricting the one single entity responsible for the majority of reproductive health care and education in the USA.

We can start with maternal mortality rate. As you can see from the CDC map below, the anti-abortion states have the highest maternal mortality rate. BTW, dark blue is bad. The difference between the best performing state (CA at 4.5 deaths per 100,000 live births) and the worst (GA at 46) is huge. US rate is 15 if you include CA. Without CA it jumps up to 22.

How about infant mortality rate? Same pattern. Crimson is bad. Worst performing states have more than twice the mortality rate of best performing states.

Teen pregnancy rate? Again same pattern. In case you have not catched on, dark blue is bad.

How about repeat teen pregnancy rate? The same pattern repeats. Remember when I said that one entity is primarily responsible for reducing unwanted pregnancy in the US, thus reducing abortions. Currently, once a teen has an infant, there is a 1 in 5 chance that she will have a repeat pregnancy. However, for teen mothers enrolled in Planned Parenthood “Teen Success” program, the rate dropped from 20% to less than 1%.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You say, after making an overtly hysterical statement yourself (in bold) immediately preceding the call for reason.

Anyone who argues that abortion is "killing babies" is not interested in discussion; you're using emotional and factually false arguments to mislead and derail. It is abusive and dishonest. Take your religious extremism and keep it to yourself; we don't need your version of Shariah forced upon everyone else.
    Not sure how religion figures into the fact that a baby is a baby. A 9-month old baby inside the womb the day before its birth is the same exact baby the day it passes through the birth canal. Letting an abortion doctor administer a lethal injection to kill that baby is murder. This has nothing to do with women's rights.

This is sentient life based on science Endus not religion. I love how you then go all hyperbolic and bring in Shariah and religious extremism.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Which part?

You set up withholding on your paychecks; a chunk of your pay is taken out and given to the government, to cover your taxes. You do this so it's taken out on each check rather than owed in a lump sum at the end of the year.

At the end of the year, when you calculate your taxes owed, it usually (if you set up withholding properly) comes out to somewhat under your withheld amount; this means the "extra" money that was withheld is returned to you, as a tax return.

You don't earn any interest on withheld income.

A perfectly-set-up withholding will result in a tax return and a tax owed of $0, ensuring you keep as much of your money in your bank where you can make use of it immediately; you would have paid exactly what you would owe at end-of-year.

Bigger tax returns mean your withholding is set too high. That's all it ever means.
    To be a bit nerdy about it a really a well set up tax return has you owing as much money to the government as you legally are able to, that way you're the one getting the interest free loan. The real min/maxers defer paying their taxes for years to earn as much as they possibly can. Which is just to further support your main point that a well set up tax strategy doesn't involve 4k refunds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how religion figures into the fact that a baby is a baby.
    Because what you've stated is not a "fact". It's factually incorrect.

A 9-month old baby inside the womb the day before its birth is the same exact baby the day it passes through the birth canal. Letting an abortion doctor administer a lethal injection to kill that baby is murder. This has nothing to do with women's rights.
    There is no developed nation on the planet that agrees with you on this. Not a single one.

This is sentient life based on science Endus not religion.
    It isn't scientific at all. You have no scientific basis for this of any kind whatsoever.

I love how you then go all hyperbolic and bring in Shariah and religious extremism.
    It's an argument only presented by Christian anti-abortion extremists, often to justify their terrorist attacks on medical professionals. That's the only people who claim that abortion is akin to murder.

It's religious extremism.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    To be a bit nerdy about it a really a well set up tax return has you owing as much money to the government as you legally are able to, that way you're the one getting the interest free loan. The real min/maxers defer paying their taxes for years to earn as much as they possibly can. Which is just to further support your main point that a well set up tax strategy doesn't involve 4k refunds.
    When I first got married I tried explaining this to my wife, she didn't get it, she insisted that I was doing something wrong by not getting a huge refund...

Why does everyone insist on giving the government an interest free loan and then get excited when they finally get the loan paid back?
    Last edited by Hilhen7; 2019-03-26 at 05:56 PM.

"I just like getting that big amount to use on whatever I want" is something I've heard several times. /facepalm
    IMPOTUS Donald Trump's presidency summarized:
    -- as he blamed others for the crisis, basked in self-congratulation and xenophobia, and misled the country about his actions so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I'm not quite sure why but, I have some niggling doubts...

Maybe they're going to implement the same era of Healthcare they implement on everything else?

It's been awhile since blood-letting and leeches were a thing.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

If you support Trump's stance of separating families of illegal immigrants, please kindly shut your hypocritical mouth about the sanctity of a child's life.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    When I first got married I tried explaining this to my wife, she didn't get it, she insisted that I was doing something wrong by not getting a huge refund...

Why does everyone insist on giving the government an interest free loan and then get excited when they finally get the loan paid back?
    Heh, for some people it's the only way they can "save" money
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    If you support Trump's stance of separating families of illegal immigrants, please kindly shut your hypocritical mouth about the sanctity of a child's life.
    they only care about the embryo, not actual human life. once it's actually out of the mother, than fuck em.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Damn, girl.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not quite sure why but, I have some niggling doubts...

Well, with Trump trying to kill the ACA, it's a perfect chance for the Democrats to call Trumps bluff on his 'cheaper and better' healthcare plan he promised during the campaign.

After all, he's had two years to put together a serious proposal. It's not like he was just lying out his wrinkled orange ass like he always does because he knows his base is stupid/gullible enough to believe everything he says!
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not quite sure why but, I have some niggling doubts
    For more information, consult this thread. Trump's current view on "The Party of Healthcare!" is to stop enforcing the laws that require health care providers to provide health care.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Well, with Trump trying to kill the ACA, it's a perfect chance for the Democrats to call Trumps bluff on his 'cheaper and better' healthcare plan he promised during the campaign.

After all, he's had two years to put together a serious proposal. It's not like he was just lying out his wrinkled orange ass like he always does because he knows his base is stupid/gullible enough to believe everything he says!
    No, 2020-2022 is the perfect chance to go single payer when the dems have both houses and the WH, if Trump further destroys ACA. It is what we should have done in 2008-2010 anyway.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I just realized that the mod on this forum is a leftist twit, so I will happily discontinue to post. I hadn't realized some of those sweet leftist tears were his.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I just realized that the mod on this forum is a leftist twit, so I will happily discontinue to post. I hadn't realized some of those sweet leftist tears were his.
    Hahaha run. Your ideological forebears did the same, and were beaten down and marginalized.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

r/thedonald might be more your speed.

Let's refrain from moderation discussion. Keep the thread on track.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    r/thedonald might be more your speed.
    I don’t know... I have a feeling the smell of the collective circle jerking in there would give off a real world aruma of spunk.