Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    If I lose my job here I'm kinda fucked.
    Still less fucked than the dead guy.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how that's being a fucking idiot. If I'd tell my boss that I'm late to work because someone blocked my drive they wouldn't believe me and think I'm making up excuses. Could have consequences for the person whose drive was blocked off.
    A picture would solve that problem. ^_^
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Still less fucked than the dead guy.
    Might as well be dead if I lost my job here at this time.

Might as well be dead if I lost my job here at this time.
    Again, it's a lot easier to get a new job than it is to rise from the fucking dead.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Again, it's a lot easier to get a new job than it is to rise from the fucking dead.
    I don't give a shit if someone dies if it's going to result in severe troubles for me.

I don't give a shit if someone dies if it's going to result in severe troubles for me.
    And I don't give a shit that you might lose your job if I'm going to die waiting for the ambulance to find a space to park that's more convenient for you. And neither would you if you were the guy that needed the ambulance.

And I don't give a shit that you might lose your job if I'm going to die waiting for the ambulance to find a space to park that's more convenient for you. And neither would you if you were the guy that needed the ambulance.
    It's not just losing my job, in my case it could mean deportation.

I don't see how that's being a fucking idiot. If I'd tell my boss that I'm late to work because someone blocked my drive they wouldn't believe me and think I'm making up excuses. Could have consequences for the person whose drive was blocked off.
    He could take a picture with his phone as evidence.

It's not just losing my job, in my case it could mean deportation.
    I don't give a shit about you maybe getting deported if I'm going to die waiting for the ambulance. And you wouldn't give a shit about your neighbour getting deported either in that situation.

I don't give a shit about you maybe getting deported if I'm going to die waiting for the ambulance.
    If they're going to fuck me over why would I care if they die?

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Then the problem lies with the person not finding a better job.
    such an european response. only a fuckhead would say something like this.

If they're going to fuck me over why would I care if they die?
    You should care because, if you were in the same situation, you'd want the paramedics to prioritize saving your life over finding a parking spot.

Also, they are not "fucking you over". I would say it's your apparent asshole boss that's fucking you over. Or your inability to take a photo of the ambulance blocking your driveway as evidence. Your neighbour just wants to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    I mean if you have somewhere to be and are suddenly blocked in that could be a tad annoying, though given he had to walk out and passively aggressively stick a note to the ambulance I'd doubt it.
    Unless the somewhere you had to be was also a dire matter of health, you'll survive, I'm sure wherever will understand. He can be annoyed all he wants though, he's just being unreasonable about it.

You should care because
    No, I don't give a shit about the well-being of someone if I'm going to be fucked over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    My girlfriend just told me about this earlier, what a fucking idiot.

On another note, why is this in the wow general forum?
    Why are you here? Why don't aliens talk to us? Why are mac n cheese and tacos so damn good?

Take a photo. If not, ask for a letter from the Ambulance service. I mean sometimes life happens, better your neighbour keeps his than your boss thinks you're telling porkies you can just prove later anyway. I'm not implying you necessarily are, but people can't be this self-absorbed can they?

If you live in a place with no employment protection at all, then my sympathies. But I do distinctly remember you specifically in another thread saying even chronically disabled people should be able to find a job as long as they have the internet and a computer.
    Last edited by RapBreon; 2017-11-12 at 09:01 AM.

No, I don't give a shit about the well-being of someone if I'm going to be fucked over.
    I like how you cut out the part that clearly explains why you should care.

I like how you cut out the part that clearly explains why you should care.
    It's just you saying your reasons why you think I should care.

It's just you saying your reasons why you think I should care.
    So are you saying you'd rather die than have the ambulance that could save your life temporarily block your neighbours driveway, potentially costing him his job and setting up a chain of events that might possibly lead to him being deported?

Quote Originally Posted by RapBreon View Post
    If you live in a place with no employment protection at all, then my sympathies.
    Fuck if I know all the regulations or laws around it here in Singapore, I'm here working as a foreigner. If I lose my job, I lose my permit and have to go back home.

Quote Originally Posted by RapBreon View Post
    But I do distinctly remember you specifically in another thread saying even chronically disabled people should be able to find a job as long as they have the internet and a computer.
    I don't quite see what that has to do with this.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-11-12 at 09:15 AM.