Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Addition for the better

THis is one that even the purist might support. It is not QoL or true balance change but content addition. I would love for the developers to finish the rest of the class weapons and questlines attached to them. Through vanilla until mid-AQ40 when Blizzard killed the idea there was always talk about what the class weapons should be and how they should be added to the game. Now with Classic comnig back blizzad has a chance to correct their mistake and add class weapon quests back into the game for all the classes.
    There could be a weapon that represents all the class and their specs
    Druids: A feral with good Feral AP on it and defence, balance with MP5 and spell power, healing with MP5 and heal power
    Pali: The only need a heal weapon....who are we kidding......joking they could have a 2H weapon for Ret with STR and Spellpower, and then a 1h for prot and holy
    and so on and so on.

Deleted
    We're talking things like Lok'delar and Benediction?

Quote Originally Posted by Sollioswoop View Post
    We're talking things like Lok'delar and Benediction?
    Exactly(10chars)

Lets not forget about Quel'serar. Also druids, paladins, shaman, and warlocks etc..didn't get weapons but had unique quests for mounts and things.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

It was only talked about (if it was, citation?). Content was added without such changes. Any such changes inplemented in todays Classic would nerf Vanilla difficulty, and thus require dungeons / raids to be reworked to reflect this. Which would not be Vanilla.

No thanks. Please stop trying to alter history. Make current retail change, not Classic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HavokHeart View Post
    Lets not forget about Quel'serar. Also druids, paladins, shaman, and warlocks etc..didn't get weapons but had unique quests for mounts and things.
    dont forget legendaries.
    there was no legendary bow, or legendary preist staff (there was aetish but as i reemmber it was "meh" for healers?)
    however there was thunderfury, sulfuras, aetish, and the neck ;3
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    It's a cool idea, I would like it. The problem is if we allow this change suddenly some people will want LFG/LFG finder, transmorph, sharding, new models, etc. And then it's not classic WoW anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    THis is one that even the purist might support. It is not QoL or true balance change but content addition. I would love for the developers to finish the rest of the class weapons and questlines attached to them. Through vanilla until mid-AQ40 when Blizzard killed the idea there was always talk about what the class weapons should be and how they should be added to the game. Now with Classic comnig back blizzad has a chance to correct their mistake and add class weapon quests back into the game for all the classes.
    There could be a weapon that represents all the class and their specs
    Druids: A feral with good Feral AP on it and defence, balance with MP5 and spell power, healing with MP5 and heal power
    Pali: The only need a heal weapon....who are we kidding......joking they could have a 2H weapon for Ret with STR and Spellpower, and then a 1h for prot and holy
    and so on and so on.
    Play retail. You got a weapon for each spec there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    It was only talked about (if it was, citation?). Content was added without such changes. Any such changes inplemented in todays Classic would nerf Vanilla difficulty, and thus require dungeons / raids to be reworked to reflect this. Which would not be Vanilla.

No thanks. Please stop trying to alter history. Make current retail change, not Classic.
    Well, were things like Lok'delar BiS? I think it's possible to make these new items without making them BiS.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Exactly. They literally did exactly what the OP is suggesting in Legion.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Played vanilla and currently and clearly remember there was a thread on every forum weekly asking when and providing descriptions for what the weapon could be and the questline.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HavokHeart View Post
    Exactly. They literally did exactly what the OP is suggesting in Legion.
    The framework was laid in Vanilla except the quests actually took ability to play the game and we not face roll like they currently are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant008 View Post
    It's a cool idea, I would like it. The problem is if we allow this change suddenly some people will want LFG/LFG finder, transmorph, sharding, new models, etc. And then it's not classic WoW anymore.
    You know that it WILL not be exactly classic no matter how hard you throw your temper tantrum. There will likely be new models, sharding on a server by server basis at launch(only way to handle the influx of players), some QoL changes, etc. and there is currently no definition for what Classic WoW is, all they have said that it will be a vanilla LIKE experience.

I vote yes. Make it so we can attain them through LFR

I am happy for Blizzard to add content if they feel its feasible and worthwhile, as long as it doesn't get added immediately and ruin the progression of gear. I'm also happy to play the game it's been so long since I played again to see if nostalgia can carry me through.

snip

The framework was laid in Vanilla except the quests actually took ability to play the game and we not face roll like they currently are.

snip
    Quests in Vanilla weren't particullarly challenging... almost nothing in Vanilla was particularly challenging. Getting 40 people online to raid was a challenge, having more than 20 of them carrying their weight felt almost impossible, but comments like this just sound so... unnecessarily bitter. I'm all for people preferring Vanilla over live, I understand what people miss from the game, but outside of having to drink/eat between mobs and them being a pain to pull in packs, it wasn't very hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post

First of all there was no true difficulty in vanilla. a few gear checks, yes but one mechanic bosses are not hard. The most difficult bosses in Vanilla were C' Thun which once you figured out the entrance to the room it is a joke add fight, Thadius which involved knowing your left from your right(real tough guys) and 4 horseman which was one difficult for the 6-8 tanks depending on strat used. Every other fight was do I have the..... DPS, Resists, to kill this and It is not like these weapons would be defacto BIS. Look Rok was passed quickly by the Chromag X-bow, Huhu's bow and anything from Naxx. The priest staff was passed by the mace, staffs and dagger out of BWL and anything from AQ40/Naxx almost. This would be more to add story and content to "Classic" (not Vanilla) to keep players interested for a bit longer. Classic servers are not Vanilla Servers...... I repeat CLASSIC SERVERS are not Vanilla Servers and even Blizzard has stated that it will be a Vanilla like experience. They even know that they are not taking a Vanilla server and shoveling it down your throat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TommiTMX View Post
    I am happy for Blizzard to add content if they feel its feasible and worthwhile, as long as it doesn't get added immediately and ruin the progression of gear. I'm also happy to play the game it's been so long since I played again to see if nostalgia can carry me through.

Quests in Vanilla weren't particullarly challenging... almost nothing in Vanilla was particularly challenging. Getting 40 people online to raid was a challenge, having more than 20 of them carrying their weight felt almost impossible, but comments like this just sound so... unnecessarily bitter. I'm all for people preferring Vanilla over live, I understand what people miss from the game, but outside of having to drink/eat between mobs and them being a pain to pull in packs, it wasn't very hard.
    I am talking about the current weapon quests in Legion. They are very simple and there is minimal risk to completing them.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, were things like Lok'delar BiS? I think it's possible to make these new items without making them BiS.
    They were BiS for when they were received. Molten Core but were quickly out paced.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ... and the neck ;3
    If they bring back whatever patch it was before that was removed from the game, I am so going to farm it. Alternatively, I expect Blizzard to sit and watch until 1 person exactly has it, then remove it from the game.

To do otherwise would make it not Vanilla.

I feel like nobody knew what BiS was... but it was probably the best weapon for a while at least. I remember most hunters still using it in BWL.. Can't remember what the bow options were in BWL honestly.

Deleted
    I think stuff like the mount quest for paladins and warlocks were pretty cool, you got to go on this unique adventure for your class. I think the same can be said for Lok'delar and Benediction. It's a nice dynamic that makes you feel like you've settled into your role as that class, and like the game has acknowledged you've progressed and improved. As long as it doesn't upset the balance, I think it's a nice touch to have this type of content.

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    I feel like nobody knew what BiS was... but it was probably the best weapon for a while at least. I remember most hunters still using it in BWL.. Can't remember what the bow options were in BWL honestly.
    Lots of people knew what BiS was. In Vanilla there were already theory crafting excel spreadsheets that figured out damage for many classes. Most of them were limited to a handful of the cookie cutter specs but they were around. I had found one on an old harddrive I had for Warlocks before X-mas. It had SM/Ruin, DS/Ruin and Conflag build. As stated above Chromagux Xbow was better, Huhu Bow was better, the GM.HW pvp xbow and gun were better, Ouru gun Larvae of the Great Worm was signifcantly better, Soulstring and Nerubian Slavemaker from Naxx took a giant dumps on it and some would debate that Polished Ironwood xbow was better due to it's 3.1 speed and tighter damage range.
    Issue with Rhok was it's 2.9 attack speed. 3.0+ was more desirable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    dont forget legendaries.
    there was no legendary bow, or legendary preist staff (there was aetish but as i reemmber it was "meh" for healers?)
    however there was thunderfury, sulfuras, aetish, and the neck ;3
    Legendaries are it's own monster and the neck is likely the most rare item in the game as it was only available pre 1.4 when only a select number of crazies were entering MC.
    Last edited by Chaelexi; 2018-03-09 at 07:19 PM.

Played vanilla and currently and clearly remember there was a thread on every forum weekly asking when and providing descriptions for what the weapon could be and the questline.
    People asked for all kinds of things. Blizzard added many of them in the expansions over the years. Classic is about the version of WoW we had in the beginning, not some new, odd mix of Legion-vanilla-whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Adding more weapons than what was available in vanilla is what they did in retail and look how that turned out!