Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Makeup is ok as long as you dont over do it and end up looking like coco the clown!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll just drop this here and slowly back away: https://edition.cnn.com/2018/03/14/h...ntl/index.html

Almost half of UK men used facial skincare products as part of their daily routine, and 59% agreed that appearance is very important, according to a 2016 survey by consultancy group Mintel.
    The growth of men's beauty and fashion products has been outpacing those of women's since 2010, says market research company Euromonitor, suggesting that men are increasingly becoming interested in shaping their own appearance.
    "Regardless of generation or age, these days, men are invested in their appearance to some degree," said Brendan Gough, professor of social psychology at Leeds Beckett University. He has been researching the behavior of men in the UK for over two decades and says attitudes toward appearance have changed dramatically.
    "Not so many years ago, moisturizer was taboo, and it's now commonplace," Gough explained. "Makeup is one of the last bastions of femininity that men are encroaching upon," alongside other areas traditionally dominated by women, such as cooking and child care.
    Yet the way in which men talk about using cosmetic products is very different. "They make it very distinct from how women use makeup," Gough said.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really up to the person wearing it. While it certainly does improve the appearance of some, just keep in mind that if you're a 5 without makeup, you're still just a 5 with it.

Deleted
    I do not like makeup, thankfully my wife feels the same

10+ Year Old Account
    People should do whatever they feel like with their appearances. If they like it, then cool.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, is it time for this thread again?

Makeup is fine. It's not all that different from hair gel - it's an appearance enhancer. Some girls go crazy with makeup but, well, some guys go crazy with hair gel.

A little is fine, just to enhance features slightly. Use it to the point where you need a moment to realize who the person is, that's a problem.

I'd rather prefer no makeup and leave it for when you actually need to look different, like for cosplay, body art, theater, etc.

Au natural for the win, or something like that.

I enjoy the gothic and emo looks, so I tend to like it.

I dislike makeup on anyone outside Halloween and cosplay. My girlfriend is of the same opinion and never uses it. I also automatically find someone less attractive that has painted or god forbid fake nails. The only thing I don't mind at all is a tiny bit of mascara. And yes sometimes I get fooled by very well done make up on camera or at a distance. Close up it's noticeable most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    It's not all that different from hair gel - it's an appearance enhancer.
    I like touching my hair from time to time without feeling like a kid that's gotten into the jam. Gel just makes hair untouchable.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    I'll just drop this here and slowly back away: https://edition.cnn.com/2018/03/14/h...ntl/index.html
    As a man, with a fairly blotched face, I've seriously been considering using some sort of skin toner (or something) to even things out a bit.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I don't like makeup and that's the end of the topic for me. I don't care about your freedom, your rights, your tastes, your principles, ideals, your religion, your desire to look prettier or anything of that sort. Let girls wear whatever kind of shit they want on their faces. I will find myself a girl that doesn't wear makeup, like my first girlfriend. And if she decides to start wearing afterwards - bye bye (I mean, if you don't wear makeup, get a BF who doesn't like it and then suddenly start wearing, then it's quite suspicious isn't it?).

Smoking and makeup are some of the biggest turnoffs for me. The girl I am currently dating does wear makeup, though she isn't overdoing it. And I can see how it can change things drastically and so on. But to me it's not just about looks, it is about principles. And both factors scream "no makeup" in my head. And this girl just had that good a body which I could not turn down, but once she leaves for Tokyo in 10 days, it's all over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing against it. A lot of guys don't understand girls do it not just to look better. But to make themselves feel better. And anything that makes a person feel more confident is great.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    I don't like makeup and that's the end of the topic for me. I don't care about your freedom, your rights, your tastes, your principles, ideals, your religion, your desire to look prettier or anything of that sort. Let girls wear whatever kind of shit they want on their faces. I will find myself a girl that doesn't wear makeup, like my first girlfriend. And if she decides to start wearing afterwards - bye bye (I mean, if you don't wear makeup, get a BF who doesn't like it and then suddenly start wearing, then it's quite suspicious isn't it?).

Smoking and makeup are some of the biggest turnoffs for me. The girl I am currently dating does wear makeup, though she isn't overdoing it. And I can see how it can change things drastically and so on. But to me it's not just about looks, it is about principles. And both factors scream "no makeup" in my head. And this girl just had that good a body which I could not turn down, but once she leaves for Tokyo in 10 days, it's all over.
    Well, aren't you a wonderfully shallow person. I hope you find love.

OT: I don't care. I don't wear it myself, mainly because my mom never did and I never learned to apply it and now it just feels unpleasant when I try it (apparently I touch my face a lot, so I get makeup in my eyes and smear it everywhere), but if someone wants to use it; more power to them. I do think it's bad for your skin, but again, their choice. Many men (ah, guyliner *swoon*) and women do look stunning with good makeup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post

Who hurt you? You sound like someone with issues.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    People should wear whatever they want imo.

I've had a few occations where i've talked to someone about their makeup being a tad over the top though.

Went to school with a girl with eyelashes that went beyond the side of her head by like 5-10 centimeters(depending on how bold she felt).
    Not only did it look retarded it was borderline disgusting because she would sometimes hit people with them.

Also i think the full on emo style makeup and clothes thing is a cry for help and attention

Deleted
    If women knows how to put good make-up without overdoing it, it probably means she's honest with herself about her look. It's a good sign - if she can be honest in such 'frontal' issue, she's even more likely to be honest with 'less-frontal' issues too. If you look at it in such way, you should know what to think about those who overdo it or don't care about it at all (having in mind rare exceptions).

No idea what to think about men using it though - saying just in case and for the glory of gender equality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte
    As a man, with a fairly blotched face, I've seriously been considering using some sort of skin toner (or something) to even things out a bit.
    From the article, it sounds like you'd be one of a growing number, and as I usually note in these threads -- politicians and others have been doing this for ages. Take heart, you'll spend less than say Macron.

As for me, Pink is in the health and beauty business. That makes me her default crash test dummy for new treatments and new products.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Deleted
    When it comes to women with make-up: less is more!

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    When it comes to women with make-up: less is more!
    I second that, although it requries a woman to be a natural cutie to pull that off
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    do u think its ok to use makeup or do u prefer people to not use it? do u think those who use it are lying to people who have interest in them because they think they look good with makeup?
    I don't mind, I believe that if people wish to use it, they should be allowed to.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..