Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Sounds to me like you would prefer to just stay on Classic Vanilla servers, which is fine. Don't try to ruin Classic TBC for those of us who liked it, and I promise not to recommend they ruin Classic Vanilla.
    I'm asking for Classic+, reusing tBC content for the purpose.

Although I have to admit I liked tBC. Thought it was a lot of fun. Certainly better than a lot of what we have these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    Releasing tBC's content is fine.

Updating the systems and design philosophy to tBC is not.

That means:
    Every single thing added except the landmass itself should be kept out - including increased level.
    - No arenas
    - No new abilities
    - No core class changes
    - No flying (that's a big one!)
    - No heroic dungeons (retune existing dungeons to be harder - they are now extending level 60 content)
    - 40-man and 20-man raids instead
    The content will have to be retuned for Classic.
    Ensure that the old world is still completely relevant and viable, that is do not make Outland give excessive amounts of XP per hour and do not let the gear completely eclipse anything from Azeroth.
    Make adjustments to keep the game philosophically in line with Classic:
    - Remove the portals from Shattrath and add an Auction House that is separate from the others. (No portals! Important aspect of Classic)
    - Make sure it's possible to get to all instances and content without a flying mount. Use gnomish/goblin teleporters
    - Remove flying mounts, and Netherwing Ledge, Shagri'la, Elemental Plateau, etc. with it.
    - Remove dailies
    - Merge dungeon wings together (to the extent it is possible)
    - Remove dungeon lockouts
    - Karazhan on a 3 day lockout

Etc.
    Basically, take all the systems advancements and just drop them. Retune the content to the systems of Classic. Remove content that won't fit.
    Total nonsense.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    In Retail you can grind non stop yes,

in classic you will eventually hit that Plateu,

but still it will take years,

you have 40-45 people to gear off of 20-30 items a week, if your lucky
    Many People were near or fully BiS in Naxx before TBC dropped and that was less than a Year. Once the Naxx patch drops Classic has about 4-8months before it becomes dead content for anyone that raids regularly.

- - - Updated - - -

That means:
    Every single thing added except the landmass itself should be kept out - including increased level.
    - No arenas
    - No new abilities
    - No core class changes
    - No heroic dungeons (retune existing dungeons to be harder - they are now extending level 60 content)
    Ensure that the old world is still completely relevant and viable, that is do not make Outland give excessive amounts of XP per hour and do not let the gear completely eclipse anything from Azeroth.
    - Remove the portals from Shattrath and add an Auction House that is separate from the others. (No portals! Important aspect of Classic)
    - Make sure it's possible to get to all instances and content without a flying mount. Use gnomish/goblin teleporters
    - Remove flying mounts, and Netherwing Ledge, Shagri'la, Elemental Plateau, etc. with it.
    - Remove dailies

Etc.
    Basically, take all the systems advancements and just drop them. Retune the content to the systems of Classic. Remove content that won't fit.
    Why would you want to bring something good like TBC down to the trash game mechanics of Classic.

10+ Year Old Account

That means:
    - No arenas
    - No new abilities
    - No core class changes
    - Remove dailies

Etc.
    Reading this makes me cringe. Classics atrocious rotations, class tuning, garbage hybrid specs, kept? I think TBC improved upon these aspects totally and completely. Plus it's nice seeing more tanks than just warriors, y'know?

I also enjoyed arenas as did many. Its an extra form of gameplay. If you don't like arena, rather than removing it outright, think of how it can be adjusted to have less impact on other content.

Also the new talents and abilities are among my favourite things about TBC and wotlk. It contains some of the most iconic and fun abilities like AS, CS, UA, SF, VT, and so on

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    It will really be dependent and what the population of classic is in a year. If it is still healthy then you may see another release. If it is tanks in a year and servers are only mediocre and population is struggling then it is not worth the money.
    False. Its worth the money even if it tanks after a few months. They make way more in resubscribers then they lose in a small skeleton development team. They already admitted most of the work is done now so BC would be a lot easier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HoodKazekage View Post
    IMO ALOT of people do want Classic+ kinda how they did OSRS. I think it's just the small vocal minority from private servers that just want it to stay classic.
    I would love for them to go the OSRS route and update the game while keeping the classic ideals of vanilla.
    And a lot (not alot, that's not a real word) of people also would prefer TBC. The thing is, many of those advocates aren't even playing classic yet because they are more interested in TBC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Classic+ is the best route to take, TBC will divide the player base too much and introduces elements such as flying which killed the game.
    The advantage of Classic+ is the world can stay within Azeroth which will make the World continue to feel like a World.

Once TBC is introduced everything In Azeroth becomes obsolete.

- - - Updated - - -

You forgot that Classic+ will come 10 months after Naxx opens.
    1. Can we please stop it with this flying killed the game shit already? We've talked about this.

2. Low level shit becomes obsolete anyway even when you outlevel it in classic so how is this an issue specific to Outland?

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post

And a lot (not alot, that's not a real word) of people also would prefer TBC. The thing is, many of those advocates aren't even playing classic yet because they are more interested in TBC.
    Well those people don't matter. I'm sure Blizzard would rather listen to paying customers. Anyways this is all subjective, you like TBC some people don't. That's it.
    If you want to spend your free time roaming the MMO champion forms to preach your opinion and correct peoples spelling then hey keep it up

Ah, how i wish i had WotLK instead. I just came from Legion, i want other themed that is not fel

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    That may have been possible if we still had the same talent level designers that we had back in those days but we have a lawyer running retail and "you think you do but you don't" J. Allen Bricksforbrains running Blizzard now. Re-releasing BC then WotLK makes the most sense and gives Blizzard time to figure out how to fix the mess that retail has become.
    Blizzard needs to devote 100% of their energy and resources into saving/salvaging the Live/Retail game. Anything that they do beyond what they've already done for Classic is at the expense of retail development.

Classic is the game with time on its side. They already have multiple phases of content to release without touching anything beyond Vanilla.

If Blizzard can shore up retail/live, then there might be space for TBC/Wrath servers.