Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I think most people also weren't expecting such a hard pivot away from what had previously been shown so close to the release date. Any project where you change direction so abruptly is going to be a disaster. It doesn't matter what it is.
    That is true. Regardless of how bad or good the end product is there's going to be a portion of players who feel they were betrayed over the product they were expecting.

One of the arpgs I played has this problem, they redesigned the game during EA and a lot of people who liked the original aren't happy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I wonder what Chris Metzen thinks about this. No wonder he couldn't handle the mess at Blizzard anymore. He really was the soul of Blizzard. I am so glad I got to see him in person at 2018 Blizzcon albeit a little far away. But I was in the same room!
    Chris Metzen Net Worth: Chris Metzen is an American game designer, artist, voice actor and author who has a net worth of $10 million.
    Pretty sure he doesn't care. Everyone starts out with passion, but there's nothing better than cashing out. That's how you know your hard work was a success. Once it's out of your hands, you have little to grieve over if you have enough money to buy enough coke to sniff off 300 hookers' belly buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Pretty sure he doesn't care. Everyone starts out with passion, but there's nothing better than cashing out. That's how you know your hard work was a success. Once it's out of your hands, you have little to grieve over if you have enough money to buy enough coke to sniff off 300 hookers' belly buttons.
    Warcraft, Starcraft, Overwatch, and Diablo were all his babies he basically created. Of course he cares about them even though he isn't directly involved anymore. He is still a player of those games although casually.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Warcraft, Starcraft, Overwatch, and Diablo were all his babies he basically created. Of course he cares about them even though he isn't directly involved anymore. He is still a player of those games although casually.
    Chris had nothing to do with creating Diablo. That was entirely from the mind of David Brevik. (Except 3 obviously, but that was just based off the first games and no one really says the story of 3 is overally great)

10+ Year Old Account
    only $10? Shit, That wont even get 1/2 of a G550.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    This sorta crap is never useful. Review-bombing will just make anyone in development who might've cared to not even bother in the future. Resorting to earth-scorching tactics from the get-go never helps anyone.
    In this particular case, they deserve every single one of the negative reviews they get.

Fucking with copies of the old version is scummy as all hell, even people who didn't buy the new one are impacted by this shitshow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Good lord, hyperbole much? Does the old game need some functionality returned? Yes. Has it been deleted? Hell no, working just fine for me, they just broke a few aspects of it the majority is working fine.
    yes the pre reforged version doesn't exist anymore. SO YES IT HAS BEEN EFFECTIVELY DELETED. you seem to be taking great issue with my post. i don't care if you enjoy reforged. but you seem to be getting up in arms every time someone posts something negative about the game like its a personal attack.

- - - Updated - - -

didn't chris metzen leave the company back in 2013?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    only $10? Shit, That wont even get 1/2 of a G550.
    point is he won't have to work for the rest of his life and can retire comfortably. not many people can claim that.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    In this particular case, they deserve every single one of the negative reviews they get.

Fucking with copies of the old version is scummy as all hell, even people who didn't buy the new one are impacted by this shitshow.
    That's the point though. There's plenty of negative reviews and feedback on its own. Review bombing only detracts from that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    point is he won't have to work for the rest of his life and can retire comfortably. not many people can claim that.
    I guess if he's gonna die in the next 4 years and 'comfortable' means living in a refrigerator box on the Streets of San Francisco.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    That's the point though. There's plenty of negative reviews and feedback on its own. Review bombing only detracts from that.
    ^^^^ This guy gets it.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    yes the pre reforged version doesn't exist anymore. SO YES IT HAS BEEN EFFECTIVELY DELETED. you seem to be taking great issue with my post. i don't care if you enjoy reforged. but you seem to be getting up in arms every time someone posts something negative about the game like its a personal attack.
    I don't have reforged. I'm playing the old game, old models, etc. There's some issues yes (some functionality that is being address and the color/lighting bug), but the game is still there and playable.

It's extreme hyperbole to say it's deleted.

So i beat the campaign and i am refunding it, And it worked lol.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    So i beat the campaign and i am refunding it, And it worked lol.
    Isn't that the equivalent of getting a full refund for a meal you consumed? lol.

Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Isn't that the equivalent of getting a full refund for a meal you consumed? lol.

Whatever floats your boat I guess.
    Yeah but usually you get a fish when you order a fish and not a turd sandwich.

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Just because they say something, doesn't make it a promise. This is a lesson you should have learned many years ago with how many games lack shown feature or are even downgraded. You never take anything they say for fact, always assume the lowest quality you could get, and maybe you will be surprised. Does it suck? Sure, but even the best games have it (with Witcher 3 apparently being downgraded).
    You are outright advocating lying here!

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Yeah but usually you get a fish when you order a fish and not a turd sandwich.
    Usually though you ask for a refund before you consume the whole turd and have to ask with shit on your teeth :P

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Just because they say something, doesn't make it a promise. This is a lesson you should have learned many years ago with how many games lack shown feature or are even downgraded. You never take anything they say for fact, always assume the lowest quality you could get, and maybe you will be surprised. Does it suck? Sure, but even the best games have it (with Witcher 3 apparently being downgraded).
    Imagine buying a car from you with that logic.

"Heyyyy tough luck there champ, looks like I forgot to mention the head gaskets blown. Life eh!!! Now beat it"
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Imagine buying a car from you with that logic.

"Heyyyy tough luck there champ, looks like I forgot to mention the head gaskets blown. Life eh!!! Now beat it"
    Well, this situation is more like, you ordered a car with X features 1 year before it came out, then at Car-con they said they would be unable to deliver those features, and when you receive the car and see it doesn't have those features you bitch.

But in this case they took features from your old car... which is the main shitty part of the whole thing.

Well, this situation is more like, you ordered a car with X features 1 year before it came out, then at Car-con they said they would be unable to deliver those features, and when you receive the car and see it doesn't have those features you bitch.

But in this case they took features from your old car... which is the main shitty part of the whole thing.
    Yeah yeah.

That would be great if activision actually made it easy to refund the game.

Looks like they have improved on that now because the outrage is so big.

But please dont pretend like backing out of sales with activision is some easy thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Yeah yeah.

That would be great if activision actually made it easy to refund the game.

Looks like they have improved on that now because the outrage is so big.

But please dont pretend like backing out of sales with activision is some easy thing.
    I mean, don't preorder a game with little to no info and only "this is what we plan to do"s?

You literally would lose out nothing having waited for it.

I mean, don't preorder a game with little to no info and only "this is what we plan to do"s?
    ok thanks? I didnt pre-order the game but cheers for the helpful hint.

Are only people that pre-ordered the game allowed to comment on shitty business practices?