Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    well the only content in WoD were raids and pvp, which is still present and enjoyable in bfa...
    Strongly disagree. AP taints everything it touches.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Nobody believes WoD is better than anything, no-one in their right mind at least. (quote me for ignore list, no time for delusional WoD fanbois)

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Agreed. AP and current class design just make everything unfun.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    Nobody believes WoD is better than anything, no-one in their right mind at least. (quote me for ignore list, no time for delusional WoD fanbois)
    Rather be a WoD "fanboi" than a BfA "fanboi".
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

WoD was better in the sense it gave me a ton of gold and gave me plenty of time to go farm old raids for mounts.

It was very much not better in the sense that there was nothing to do outside of raiding and horrible vanilla-style rep grinding once you were done leveling for most of the expansion.

BfA may have disappointing systems but one of my main complaints with it is there's too much to do, as a collector, which is a better option to have than not - though I would have liked another Legion end of expansion situation where I 'finished' the current expansion and could spend a few months just doing old stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    you are right, grinding apexis and mats for legendary ring was sooooo much better...

you are right, grinding apexis and mats for legendary ring was sooooo much better...
    Considering grinding apexis was entirely optional, except the 5k for the ring, which really wasn't bad, and most importantly once you did that you were done(something both Legion and BfA sorely lacked). And most of the legendary mats came from raiding, so yeah, that's much better than AP.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

The last patch will likely determine the real outcome of how we will view WoD later on.

Right now, BFA is worse than WoD in my eyes.

I don't really remember much from WoD besides legendary ring questline (which sucked sooooooo much with the shitty drop rate) and farming garrisons.

Like it or not, there's more to do in BfA. What you did in WoD you can basically do in BfA too + BfA has more. Now, if you like it or not is your personal opinion, but saying there was more to do in WoD is just mathematically impossible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Rather be a WoD "fanboi" than a BfA "fanboi".
    Ah, the typical "black and white" or "my way of the highway" which taints the current society.

I'll englighten you. It's possible to dislike WoD without being BfA fanboy. It's also possible to think WoD was the worst expansion, while also thinking BfA is right behind it at second last place.

But I guess you won't understand this mystical philosophy.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Yes, I would absolutely prefer to worry about legendary ring questline components for the first month after a release of a raid tier rather than be on an AP treadmill for the entire expansion.

Even if you're looking at Apexis gear, compare that shit to Benthic gear; you have to roll for right stats, WF/TF, gemslot, etc etc all this bullshit. Apexis gear's only sin was being a bit too expensive.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    I don't really remember much from WoD besides legendary ring questline (which sucked sooooooo much with the shitty drop rate) and farming garrisons.

Like it or not, there's more to do in BfA. What you did in WoD you can basically do in BfA too + BfA has more. Now, if you like it or not is your personal opinion, but saying there was more to do in WoD is just mathematically impossible.
    So it's a good thing that's not an argument people are making. The "pro-WoD" arguments are basically entirely focused around quality rather than quantity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post

Ah, the typical "black and white" or "my way of the highway" which taints the current society.

I'll englighten you. It's possible to dislike WoD without being BfA fanboy. It's also possible to think WoD was the worst expansion, while also thinking BfA is right behind it at second last place.

But I guess you won't understand this mystical philosophy.
    Not sure why you're quoting me there, I'm not the one blocking people for their preference on expansions or calling people delusional fanbois. I completely agree that WoD had less content than BfA, that just isn't my primary criteria for what's good or bad.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    So it's a good thing that's not an argument people are making. The arguments are basically entirely focused around quality rather than quantity.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure why you're quoting me there, I'm not the one blocking people for their preference on expansions or calling people delusional fanbois.
    No but he answered for me perfectly and got it right.

7+ Year Old Account
    I still using my Garrison...
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Gearing and PvP was a lot better, also my class still feelt smooth and good to play compared to today. Those are the only things that was better in my mind but also the things that matterd the most so for me it was a better and more fun experiense than what i currently play.

WoD was one of my favorite expansions because I barely had to play outside of raids to stay "competitive". If I want a soul crushing grind, I'll go play some Korean MMO, keep that nonsense out of WoW.

I think WoD was ok after Tanaan came out (which was supposed to be out a lot earlier) and had a lot more to do than the end game we have now in comparison since they have not really innovated any of the end game content in any meaningful way in like a decade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    WoD was one of my favorite expansions because I barely had to play outside of raids to stay "competitive". If I want a soul crushing grind, I'll go play some Korean MMO, keep that nonsense out of WoW.
    This is the winner here.

I enjoy the pre BIS grind, then I raid log for raids, and I'll farm consumes if needed.

I don't want to feel like I'm forced to login daily the entire expansion to keep my power relevant with others. Island Expeditions and Warfronts are some of the worst content ever released. I liked the design of daily quests at the start of legion, BFA didn't improve them at all, if not worse.

From raider point of view, WoD was better for sure. BFA raids aren't bad tho.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    WoD was better. Classes were great, remember pre-nerf survival and demonology?

I think BFA's content has been decent regardless, where as WoD outright lacked content. 6.0 had a lot to do, then came the long drought that didn't end till the final patch (which I think was pretty good). I don't consider either outright terrible expansions, just not up to standard.

Storywise I liked the potential of BFA up to the point Blizz shot it down with the duel cinematic. It rendered all the build up and possibilities moot and went with the obvious choice of "yeah, Sylv was bad, the rebels were right, let's hug and make up with the Alliance". So it was a, excuse me for using the term loosely, "good" story until it wasn't. WoD's story was just bad. Defeat the tech orcs, then defeat the Legion. I liked the Legendary questline with Khadgar, and the smaller leveling stories, but otherwise WoD's story never rose to much prominence and felt like it was missing some stuff that would've made the transition from Iron Horde to Legion more palatable.

I'm also biased towards Azeroth being the main course, Draenor feeling like a side-project. It wasn't our land any more than Argus was, but Argus worked because it was the culmination of a long campaign first fought on our land. All the Iron Horde managed to do in Azeroth was pre-patch stuff in a zone as relevant as Blasted Lands. Well, I guess the Blackrock dungeon as well. How much Draenor means to us is fittingly suggested by the Maghar recruitment scenario: Things fell apart and the land is now occupied by Light-nazis, and we're like whatevs, just gimme the savage orcs.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?