Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Im curious how people can actually like legion

From my perspective;

1)They destroyed litterly every class and then fixed them through a silly artifact weapon(jeej) they said they would get rid of them end of expansion, so how will they fix our broken classes?

2) offspeccs were litterly not a thing for most the expansion cycle

3) alts pretty much a no go for most of the duration

4) class halls; lackluster concept

5) raids, nighthold realy good, rest were pretty boring and most bosses mechanicly felt the same and the layout was all so fel and shit it felt realy moody

6) dungeons, well that was the good part.

7) mage tower, pretty bad and sad for tanks, kite challenge was to easy. Imp melee one was cool, healer just lol.

8) introduction of m+ neither a good or bad concept

9) wq, we all love them.

10) to many rewards which felt any item you get mend nothing, as their was always a better one pretty much.

11) legendaries were rhe worst thing EVER

Overall legion was a D at best lol

Legion paved the way of the future of wow and it looks silly,

Bfa tried to fix alot, and broke other things in the process sadly. But i dindt expect them to fix so many silly mechanics legion brought

Bfa and legion is by far the best exspansions you cant even compare them to the rest simply cause mythic+ system makes soooo much better then anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Dommie530 View Post

From my perspective;

1)They destroyed litterly every class and then fixed them through a silly artifact weapon(jeej) they said they would get rid of them end of expansion, so how will they fix our broken classes?

2) offspeccs were litterly not a thing for most the expansion cycle

3) alts pretty much a no go for most of the duration

4) class halls; lackluster concept

5) raids, nighthold realy good, rest were pretty boring and most bosses mechanicly felt the same and the layout was all so fel and shit it felt realy moody

6) dungeons, well that was the good part.

7) mage tower, pretty bad and sad for tanks, kite challenge was to easy. Imp melee one was cool, healer just lol.

8) introduction of m+ neither a good or bad concept

9) wq, we all love them.

10) to many rewards which felt any item you get mend nothing, as their was always a better one pretty much.

11) legendaries were rhe worst thing EVER

Overall legion was a D at best lol

Legion paved the way of the future of wow and it looks silly,

Bfa tried to fix alot, and broke other things in the process sadly. But i dindt expect them to fix so many silly mechanics legion brought
    This is just an unfortunate consequence of titanforging. In order to support that abomination of a system they had to flood us with loot, none of which matters individually.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Dommie530 View Post

From my perspective;
    Rose tinted glasses. Anything people complain about BfA was worse in legion. First expansion that made me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Rose tinted glasses. Anything people complain about BfA was worse in legion. First expansion that made me quit.
    Yeah exacly; legion was the first time in 15 years I quit, came back in 8.2 in bfa and sure as hell like it more then i did then. Luckly im not the only one that notices it lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    This is just an unfortunate consequence of titanforging. In order to support that abomination of a system they had to flood us with loot, none of which matters individually.
    Sadly so yeah, i dindt mind the mop valor version, neither do i hate the corruption we have now, simply because its a patch type of thing. Same time dont love it to much either

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD vs BFA in my opinion:

Leveling: WoD had the best leveling ever. The quests were slightly better but more importantly, leveling alts was fast and smooth due to 300% xp pot and Bonus Objective zones. Clear winner WoD!

Dungeons: WoD had the best dungeons we have seen so far. Not too long, not too much trash and interesting sceneries. Grimrail Depot might be the coolest dungeon yet. Also Challenge Modes was the best thing this game had. Perfect for speedruns and a great challenge for those who just went for regular gold. BFA dungeons are too long and there is WAY too much trash. Mythic+ is insanely boring and just breed an elitistic envoirment. M+ has nothing on CM. Clear winner WoD!

Raids: Sure, WoD had few raids but what we got was quite good. Highmaul and HFC are both decent raids with some amazing encounters in HFC. But what WoD had is BRF, possibly the best designed raid the game has ever seen, with the train-boss as possibly the best encounter ever. BFA has decent raids but no encounters have the same "wow, this is amazing-factor". Fairly close here, but still WoD wins.

Class Design: Neither of these expansion had perfect class design, but BFA made everything such a mess with RNG elements due to Azerite gear, neck powers etc. WoD was cleaner. Winner is WoD.

PvP: In WoD, PvP was yet not ruined. I don't know exactly how the system works in BFA, but I've almost been killed by low levels when I had really good gear, due to some kind of scaling. A level 120 should basically oneshot a level 119 but this is not the case here, since Blizzard ruined it. Also, WoD had Ashran, which is one of the most fun and amazing PvP zones ever. World PvP is just a huge mess in BFA. Clear winner WoD!

Grinding: WoD was a very alt friendly and time-friendly expansion. If you wanted to do stuff, you could but you were never forced to put in more time and effort than you needed. People could be raidloggers and even us achievement grinders didn't have anxiety every time we logged in cause there was a 100000 things to collect. BFA is just a mess cause there is so much to grind and this sucks. And it's both RNG and grinds involved. Enjoy Islands? Sure, a little? But do you wanna farm the what, 3000 dubloons you need to buy all cosmetic rewards? NO. And even worse, after that, there is what, 5 mounts with low RNG drop rates to farm... jesus... Same with everything, every single thing has something to grind and it's exhausting. This is a false sense of content. Not to mention Azerite and Honor grinds. Legion was even worse. Clear winner WoD!

Story: Simply don't care. Tie I guess.

Added content: By this I mean not just adding new raids but things to do. Taanan Jungle was quite enjoyable but not nearly as good as Argus was in Legion. However, Nazjatar and Mechagon, as well as revamped Uldum/Vale is actually even worse. Benthic system was crazy lame in comparison to what Argus had in catch up system and the quests in these zones felt uncompleted. Uldum and Vale felt like such a chore and took way too long to do for it to be worth it. Close here, but I still think I prefer Tanaan over what BFA had. Winner WoD.

Other: WoD had Garrisons and while most people dislike it, I actually quite enjoyed it, had I only had the gold to grind for the AH module. I've always prioritized convinience over immersion and it was quite convinient to have most things nearby at all times. BFA's special features are Islands and Warfront, two things that had potential but turned out to be a mess. Warfronts weren't at all epic, they were a way to long chore. And Islands were just plain awful, does anyone disagree? Winner WoD!

As you can see, WoD was in my opinion FAR superior since it won every category.

Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    This was the last patch, there is no 8.3.5.
    Yeah, that's what I meant. Give it some time to settle.

Time will tell how we all feel about it in around half a year or so.

I knew this kind of retarded post would appear, now wait 2 to 3 expansions and we will have "Anybody else honestly believe BfA was better?" threads. You people are way too predictable. Old thing good, new thing bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nask View Post
    I knew this kind of retarded post would appear, now wait 2 to 3 expansions and we will have "Anybody else honestly believe BfA was better?" threads. You people are way too predictable. Old thing good, new thing bad.
    Hopefully not, Blizzard can still fix the downwards trend if they stop stubbornly defending shit systems and start acting on feedback during beta/PTR instead of months into live. If they don't fix it then yeah, obviously people will say BfA was better than whatever 10.0 ended up being.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2020-02-11 at 12:03 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Hopefully not, Blizzard can still fix the downwards trend. If they don't fix it then yeah, obviously people will say BfA was better than whatever 10.0 ended up being.
    Yep, just like WotLK was the worst thing in WoW history. Maybe you haven't played that long, but this same thing has been said about EVERY expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nask View Post
    Yep, just like WotLK was the worst thing in WoW history. Maybe you haven't played that long, but this same thing has been said about EVERY expansion.
    I started playing in late TBC/early Wrath. I know there's always been people complaining, that's what happens when you have millions of people playing. For me there's been a very clear trend if the game getting better each expansion, peaking in MoP and then declining(small drop with WoD, big drop with Legion and then another small drop with BfA)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    well i thought when you talk about "ap grind" you talk about, you know, ap, not other things, but i see you run out of arguments in that field so you changed it...
    At the end of the day it's hardly an argument. I liked WoD's progression mechanics more than I liked BFA's or Legion's and you're not really going to convince me otherwise. That you call it an argument kinda tips the hand.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

WOD gets too much flack. The story was nothing like we wanted. They treated the Iconic Orcs like they were nothing most of the time. However, the biggest thing was that players were stuck on the final patch for way too long. IMO, the first half of Legion was worse. BFA is just slightly better than the first half of Legion. Im surprised Blizz didnt do Account Wide Essences. They should have just done Account Wide Cloak too. Right now, the worst thing that you can do in BFA is try to create a new alt. Have fun grinding out C&S, BotE if your class uses them. Have fun going back and doing EP. If you started right now, youre also a bit of ways behind in the Rep Grind for the new Essences which are BIS minors for most classes.

Actually, now that I think about it. I think WOD was better. My main gripe about WOD was the final patch lasting too long. Other than that, the story could have been a lot better, but Ive never played WOW for the story/Lore. Gameplay, Raids, Dungeons, PVP, questing, leveling and playing Alts were better in WOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime92 View Post
    WoD was much better. BfA feels like a dumb RNG driven mobile game.
    People said the exact same about WoD lol

- - - Updated - - -

While I loathe WoD, what little content it had was at least doable. BFA's content is just an atrocity. I just could not suffer through any of it. Not to mention the "progression".

I booted up 8.3, collected all the new quests, and completed two of them before abandoning because they were very clearly time wasters with absolutely zero substance and story. I did one whole run through rehashed Uldum before closing the game and submitting my request to get my Blizzard account deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You must be drunk if you think WoD was better than BfA.
    Everyone knows that the casual raiding scene was far superior in WoD. The rest of the game is where it was let down. There wasn't much more to do apart from raiding. 6.1 was just a huge fucking slap in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

From my hardcore raider perspective, wod was among the top 3 BC>WOTLK>WOD.
    The expansion had Godlike Raids and not mutch to mindlessly grind like in legion and bfa.
    I.O BFA Season 3

Mostly becouse of LFR. My main motivation to push raiding was to experience content what kinda disapeared in moment LFR was released. Even tho doing mythic is more fun i just cant justifi all that effort put into mythic raiding just to see exact same bosses as i do in lfr which takes just pressing of 1 button.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    From my hardcore raider perspective, wod was among the top 3 BC>WOTLK>WOD.
    The expansion had Godlike Raids and not mutch to mindlessly grind like in legion and bfa.
    Yes but outside of raiding there was nothing. And even in terms of raiding it was a whole raid short than most expansions on average with only 3.

As a mythic raider, WoD >>>>> BFA. The classes were for the most part in a significantly better state than they are now which is the most important part of the game. The BRF and HFC were also fantastic raids. So while there was basically nothing to do outside of raids, i got a lot of mileage out of the game by learning and then playing multiple classes through the mythic raids.

BFA has trash class design and is the most alt unfriendly the game has ever been. Two massive fails for me. The story was also severely mismanaged but that's a less significant issue.

At least the main feature in WoD was used - albeit way overboard. Garrisons

Can't say the same with Island Expeditions.