Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Cool, this thread is about the United States.

French law is only relevant insofar as it provides a cautionary tale in terms of rampant antisemitism or of generating a chronic terrorism problem by being imperialist and then brutalising the people you import.
    My initial comment was about someone mentioning a French Law and a incident that occured in France. You would know if you read the precedent post. Talking about clueless...

And spare me you rambling, do not make more a fool of yourself as you already are.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Cool, this thread is about the United States.

French law is only relevant insofar as it provides a cautionary tale in terms of rampant antisemitism or of generating a chronic terrorism problem by being imperialist and then brutalising the people you import.
    posting the big YIKES

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    My initial comment was about someone mentioning a French Law and a incident that occured in France. You would know if you read the precedent post. Talking about clueless...

And spare me you rambling, do not make more a fool of yourself as you already are.
    Says the guy that posted outright lies that people have known about for months about Breonna Taylor and George Floyd. You couldn't even do basic research to check it out before you posted lies. I don't make a claim without posting a source first.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Says the guy that posted outright lies that people have known about for months about Breonna Taylor and George Floyd. You couldn't even do basic research to check it out before you posted lies. I don't make a claim without posting a source first.
    Yeah, being misinformed or misunderstood is spouting lies now. How low can you fall ?

Yeah, being misinformed or misunderstood is spouting lies now. How low can you fall ?
    Don't make claims without looking them up first. I don't. Maybe you should always check your claims before you make them. Especially considering that was a good portion of this fucking thread. And it isn't me that is falling, it is still you, because you were being willfully ignorant and tried to argue that you were right so many times in the last few pages.

Don't make claims without looking them up first. I don't. Maybe you should always check your claims before you make them. Especially considering that was a good portion of this fucking thread. And it isn't me that is falling, it is still you, because you were being willfully ignorant and tried to argue that you were right so many times in the last few pages.
    It is not like I rectified my mistake afterwards. And you can't have a discussion without resorting to slander and insults anyway. I wonder when you will hit the bottom about this.

It is not like I rectified my mistake afterwards. And you can't have a discussion without resorting to slander and insults anyway. I wonder when you will hit the bottom about this.
    Considering you lost the conversation and were adamantly arguing that you were right, and spent PAGES AND PAGES trying to say you were right? Yeah, I am not the one that is going to hit bottom, and I didn't insult or slander you, I was fucking LAUGHING at you for posting bullshit that has been known in this fucking thread for literally hundreds of pages.

Considering you lost the conversation and were adamantly arguing that you were right, and spent PAGES AND PAGES trying to say you were right? Yeah, I am not the one that is going to hit bottom, and I didn't insult or slander you, I was fucking LAUGHING at you for posting bullshit that has been known in this fucking thread for literally hundreds of pages.
    I lost only in your head, because as far as I know, this is not a competition.

I lost only in your head, because as far as I know, this is not a competition.
    LOL, so sad.

It is not like I rectified my mistake afterwards.
    Yup. You never do.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

https://theintercept.com/2020/11/30/...ltural-events/

And law enforcement continues to spy on folks.

The surveillance in Austin this summer follows years of similar monitoring by federal law enforcement agencies in other parts of the U.S. Documents obtained by The Intercept through a Freedom of Information Act request in 2015 show that the Department of Homeland Security collected similar information on social events in historically Black neighborhoods, at one point circulating details about a funk music parade. Later reporting by Foreign Policy and The Intercept shows that the FBI devoted significant resources to monitoring people it labeled “black separatist extremists.” In the early days of the George Floyd protests, a woman in Tennessee who created a Facebook event for a Black Lives Matter rally said she received a visit from FBI agents who questioned her about her knowledge of antifa, suggesting that the monitoring of activists had continued. In late June, the release of 19 gigabytes of data hacked from fusion centers around the country — a trove of documents known as BlueLeaks — confirmed it.

https://www.ketv.com/article/authori...lican/34850847

Authorities in Lancaster County have tied a viral "protesters needed" Craigslist ad to a registered Republican.

Back in June, as Black Lives Matter protests were seen in Omaha and Lincoln, someone claiming to be affiliated with antifa posted "protesters needed" on Craigslist. The author offered to pay as much as $25 per hour for those willing to protest. The person said he would pay the bond for anyone arrested. The ad is seen below:

"Basically we want to cause as much chaos and destruction as possible," the ad reads. "We want chaos to further our agenda."

The posting went viral on social media.

Lancaster County investigators say they tracked the ad down to a Lincoln man in his 30s who also happened to be a registered Republican.

The man has not been identified as no charges were filed.

He told authorities he "wasn't serious," and claimed the ad didn't cause any "commotion."

Officials say the man was told that it "was not funny."
    Reminder that a lot of the "violent antifa/blm!" nonsense is just Republicans lying about shit.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-g...-idUSKBN28D2CM

Lawyers for Rittenhouse tried to get lesser charges of his illegally possessing a gun and endangering the safety of the Daily Caller journalist dismissed. They were not successful and both charges will go to court.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.vice.com/en/article/qjpj...o-space-aliens

The new California monolith was torn down overnight by a group of right-wing young men who livestreamed their vandalism in a grainy video posted on the blockchain streaming site DLive.

In the video, a group of three men are seen pushing the statue over and chanting "America First" and "Christ is King." The men, one of whom was wearing a "Make America Great Again" headband, called part of the monolith's construction "gay" then replaced it monolith with a wooden cross. It is a decidedly bleak turn in the ongoing monolith saga that has generally been a delightful distraction for a world wracked by a pandemic.
    Won't the police do anything about this violent antif...er...Trump supporters violently doing property damage?!

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.peoplesworld.org/article...w-enforcement/

As the California state Senate and Assembly prepare to launch their 2021 legislative session on Dec. 7, state Senator Nancy Skinner, D-Berkeley, announced on Monday she will reintroduce a measure she introduced early in 2020, to open public access to records of law enforcement officers who have engaged in biased or discriminatory behavior, conducted unlawful arrests or searches, or used excessive or unreasonable force.

The measure, last year listed as Senate Bill 776, passed the Assembly 53-17 with bipartisan support on Aug. 31. But in a legislative session curtailed by COVID-19, the state Senate could not vote on it before the constitutional deadline.

The bill would also ensure that officers with a history of misconduct could not just resign, keep their records secret, move to another jurisdiction and continue their misconduct. Jurisdictions failing to release records in a timely fashion would face civil penalties, and agencies could only charge for the cost of duplicating records, barring a tactic used by some agencies to delay or avoid releasing records.

“Communities deserve tools to hold law enforcement accountable,” Skinner, who chairs the Senate’s Public Safety Committee, said in announcing the pending reintroduction. “This legislation also shines a light on officers who have a history of racist, discriminatory or abusive behavior.”

The new bill expands and strengthens Skinner’s earlier SB 1421, to open to the public investigations of officer shootings and other major uses of force, confirmed cases of sexual assault or making false statements while on duty. That bill entered into force in January 2019, lifting the veil of complete secrecy that had shrouded officer conduct in California for more than 40 years.

While a landmark bill, SB 1421 only made publicly available a limited set of police records on use of deadly force, on-the-job sexual assault, and some types of dishonest acts. Even then, many agencies slowed down the process or refused to release records, and departments and officers could evade SB 1421 if an officer accused of misconduct quit before a disciplinary investigation was completed, and thus kept the record secret.

Though a number of significant bills relating to law enforcement did pass the California legislature in the 2020 session, were signed by Governor Gavin Newsom and will become law on Jan. 1, others including SB 776 stalled amid a combination of resistance from law enforcement agencies and the significantly truncated schedule of the 2020 legislative session during the COVID-19 epidemic. Authors of those bills, including Sen. Skinner, all vowed to renew their efforts in the new session.

Another legislator in that group is state Sen. Steven Bradford, D-Gardena, whose SB 731, the Kenneth Ross Jr. Police Decertification Act to create a statewide process to revoke certification of a law enforcement officer after conviction of certain serious crimes or termination due to misconduct, was not brought up for a vote in the Assembly before the constitutional deadline.

Bradford and Senate President Pro Tem Toni Atkins, D-San Diego, pledged in a joint statement that they would continue to pursue legislation to restrict officers from returning to duty after firing or discipline for serious misconduct.

In October, Bradford told Spectrum News/In Focus he plans to reintroduce the bill in the new session. He said SB 731 would allow California “to join 45 other states in having a process of decertifying bad officers, officers that have committed felonies, who have tampered with evidence, who have committed murder, who have committed sexual assault.” Without a decertification process, he said, officers can be fired or resign before an investigation is completed and join another police department.

That this has indeed occurred repeatedly in California was noted in an investigative series led by UC Berkeley’s Investigative Reporting Project and involving over 30 newsrooms around California, launched in 2019.

In late September, Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon, D-Lakewood, announced that a 10-member bipartisan Select Committee on Police Reform has been established to provide a “public forum to discuss measures to keep our communities safe and continue California’s leadership in police reform” in the 2021 legislative session. Among its members is Legislative Black Caucus Chair Shirley Weber, D-San Diego.
    As there was discussion in another thread about federal action on this, the feds don't have the authority to do this. Police reform and oversight needs to happen at the state/local level, and that's what CA is doing when they relaunch the effort to pass SB776 and expand/improve upon SB1421, which has already faced considerable legal challenges from law enforcement groups who hate transparency. And SB731 to make sure that officers convicted of serious crimes or fired due to misconduct aren't hired again.

This is good shit. It's not perfect, but it's steps in the right direction.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2020-12-02 at 08:06 PM.

https://twitter.com/GeoRebekah/statu...65787900145665

Looks like DeSantis sent the state gestapo after the scientist who is still providing Florida covid data.

Cops walked in. Guns were drawn for...some reason despite there being no threat and her telling them it's her husband and children home. Guns are then pointed at the children as they come down the stairs.

Would love to see an internal investigation into why the officers needed weapons drawn and were pointing them at people in the home despite there being no threat present and, by the looks of it, them knowing that there would be no threat when the door was opened and Rebekah immediately surrendered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    As there was discussion in another thread about federal action on this, the feds don't have the authority to do this. Police reform and oversight needs to happen at the state/local level
    So it won't happen.

Cecil Price and friends weren't dealt with through "state and local reform".

Though IMO, they weren't actually dealt with at all, leading to the current situation as their ideology metastasized through pretty much the entirety of your country.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/GeoRebekah/statu...65787900145665

Looks like DeSantis sent the state gestapo after the scientist who is still providing Florida covid data.

Cops walked in. Guns were drawn for...some reason despite there being no threat and her telling them it's her husband and children home. Guns are then pointed at the children as they come down the stairs.

Would love to see an internal investigation into why the officers needed weapons drawn and were pointing them at people in the home despite there being no threat present and, by the looks of it, them knowing that there would be no threat when the door was opened and Rebekah immediately surrendered.
    I read through the Twitter, read her account, how a gun was pointed in her face, and at her kids. I then watched the video. It's an odd place to have a camera, but maybe they have a home security system, and that's where it was. Then I see that neither of the police officers who initially answer the door had their guns at the ready. Both of them had their hands at their sides. Only one officer eventually has their gun at the ready, after they walk in, pointed upstairs. At this point, she is outside and the camera does not show any kids on screen. Video ends before anyone comes downstairs or revealing where the husband or kids actually were.

Then I do a quick search to try to find any other story about this, and there is this:
    FDLE said that when agents arrived, “they knocked on the door and called Ms. Jones in an attempt to minimize disruption to the family. Ms. Jones refused to come to the door for 20 minutes and hung up on agents. After several attempts and verbal notifications that law enforcement officers were there to serve a legal search warrant, Ms. Jones eventually came to the door and allowed agents to enter.”
    So based on that, there is an important question which definitely shifts the tone of the interaction.

Did the police actually contact her 20 minutes prior to what was shown on the video, and what did that attempt look like (single call, multiple calls, door knocks, etc)?

If the answer is no, it looks really bad on the police
    If the answer is yes, it looks really bad on her.

It's hard to tell as the video is dark, but it seems like the police were wearing body cameras. They should also be able to verify fairly easily if phone calls were made.

Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post

Did the police actually contact her 20 minutes prior to what was shown on the video, and what did that attempt look like (single call, multiple calls, door knocks, etc)?

If the answer is no, it looks really bad on the police
    If the answer is yes, it looks really bad on her.
    If the answer is yes, I hope she used those 20 minutes to backup her COVID files somewhere, before they get disappeared.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    If the answer is yes, I hope she used those 20 minutes to backup her COVID files somewhere, before they get disappeared.
    Has she mentioned how they wanted her to alter the files?

I could maybe see them pressuring her to not include deaths where covid was fatal by weakening the body to a preexisting condition or illness?

I'm not really sure how else you would play with the numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Has she mentioned how they wanted her to alter the files?
    That’s actually easy to figure out... Could you Google the official numbers for Florida?

I can tell you, but if you Google, it’s not me telling you what to think.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/membe...-and-advocates

Talking about right-wing extremism, looks like neo-nazi's just got sentenced for threatening journalists working to expose antisemitism.

Protecting our communities from terrorism, both domestic and international, is a top priority for the FBI,” said FBI Seattle Acting Special Agent in Charge Earl Camp. “Mr. Garza, along with his conspirators, targeted and intimidated journalists from minority groups with communications threatening violence. We are proud of the collaborative nationwide efforts of the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Forces and other law enforcement partners to hold these individuals accountable for their actions.”
    Because these fucks are domestic terrorists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feds to investigate after a sheriff's deputy killed a Black man entering his own home in Columbus, Ohio

Casey Goodson, 23, was fatally shot on Friday by a 17-year veteran of the Franklin County Sheriff's Office, identified as deputy Jason Meade. Meade was working for the US Marshal's fugitive task force looking for violent offenders at the time, but Goodson was not the person being sought by the task force, Columbus Police said.

Goodson had put his keys into his door before he was shot and fell into the kitchen, where his 5-year-old brother and his 72-year-old grandmother saw him lying on the ground with a Subway sandwich, family attorney Sean Walton told CNN.

Goodson, an Ohio concealed carry permit holder, was legally armed at the time of the shooting, according to the Columbus Division of Police. Goodson was not alleged to have committed any crimes, has no criminal background and was not the target of any investigation, Walton told CNN.

During the US Marshal's task force operation in Columbus, Meade reported seeing a man with a gun and was investigating the situation when there was reportedly a verbal exchange prior to the shooting, the Columbus Division of Police said.

According to police, no other officers witnessed the shooting, no civilian eyewitnesses have been identified and there is no body camera footage of the actual shooting because Franklin County Sheriff's task force officers aren't issued body cameras.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/08/us/oh...son/index.html