Poll: Mankind vs Orcish Horde

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    If Medivh were on Earth, the Dark Portal came about and the Orcish Horde invaded, how do you think we would fare?
    In any period of time: Earth wouldn't even notice. Magic doesn't exist. The portal would never form on our end, and even if it did on theirs, they'd be fucked like a Stargate that had its iris closed. Just splat-splat-splat-splat-splat as they arrive to nothingness.

Even if it did form, they'd have no magic when they arrived. Since there's no reason to believe Warcraft is set in the past, that'd also mean they'd be arriving right now, which also means that after the initial arrival and the local militaries were alerted to what was going on and could respond, the majority of the orcs would be fucking obliterated through simple air strikes, since they'd have nothing that could counter that. What was left would be "collected" and experience some truly horrific shit under medical investigations just as if they were aliens--because they are. And with zero legal protections, any country on the planet could pretty much do whatever they wanted to them without any repercussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Sargeras can move through space unaided and doesn't need to breathe. We don't even have to infer that from stories anymore we see it in the final legion cinematic.
    He's basically the only thing the legion has we have absolutely no counter too.
    So physics would stop working? Space in Azeroth isn't exactly the same as space in the real world. Players can breathe there too and somehow still fall down instead of floating. Also I've seen hes sword in Silithus. It's.. not that big. Best he could do with that is scratch hes initials into mount Everest or something.

In any case, even if we'd ignore everything else and assume he can move and can cleave the planet in two, he'd kill himself by doing that as the material Earth is made of is most definitely normal matter and not magic, so him being the closest source of gravity would pull all the molten lava, rock, debris etc. to him and be cooked alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was an anime that explored the idea of a high magic fantasy setting that invaded Earth. It's called GATE and the humans' sheer technological advantage steamrolled the fantasy army. Plate mail isn't very effective against sustained artillery barrages and 30mm miniguns firing rounds meant to pierce a tank.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    They had relatively very few spell casters and most of them weren't all that powerful... Meanwhile we have plenty of what would, to them, seem like magic as well... And is plenty capable of completely anhilating them without contest.

We would win, hilariously easily... We would win hilariously easily using nothing but infantry small arms, not to mention armored fighting vehicles, tanks, attack helicopters, ground attack fixed-wing aircraft (BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT), and artillery...

If we located a concentration of their forces and dropped artillery or an airstrike on it, what few survivors remained would probably think that some angry god was responsible for their obliteration.

Not to mention snipers, with silenced weapons, taking out those orcs which are obviously spellcasters (Kill the one in the dress!) from a mile away, they wouldn't know who or what did it, at those ranges they wouldn't even hear the shot, they'd just see a gushing wound open up in them and they'd fall over dead... Again, angry god.

It would be no contest, at all. The sheer power of the weapons our militaries have available to them would trigger the primitive Orc's supersititions so effectively that they would likely flee back through the dark portal of their own volition long before we actually wiped them out.
    You play too many video games to be commenting on real military equipment.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    The Orcs managed to drive the Draenei to near extinction, and they were much more technologically advanced than us. My money is on the orcs.
    A big difference is that the Draenei were in a terrible tactical position, and they were primarily pastoral with few real defenses. The Orcs came up on them from all directions in a blitzkrieg with assistance from the Burning Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    You play too many video games to be commenting on real military equipment.
    Playing videogames doesn't preclude someone from knowing how real weapons work. If you think I'm wrong on some point then please do elaborate.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-05-31 at 05:35 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure.. Sargeras is a big planetsized human. So what would happen is, the moment he came through, he would be crushed into a ball by hes own gravity. Even if that didn't happen and hes made of some kind of super durable alien material.. he'd suffocate to death. And even if that didn't happen, he has no way of moving in space, being humanoid and all. He'd just float there.. and would probably just get pulled into an orbit around the sun. In a few years, NASA might even send a probe or a rover there.
    Sargeras is not a human and never was. He is a titan and by everything we've seen their bodies/avatars are glorified golems made from some kind of stone or rock material. Sargeras is one that is casually burning all the time as well. He certainly needs no air and won't be crushed by his own weight, since he probably doesn't even have conventional biological functions, let alone a conventional organs. Either way he is clearly capable of magic (otherwise he couldn't exist - in this theoreticial scenario) and propulsion is probably the least of his challenges compared to controlling the shattered pieces of his avatar.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Honestly only thing orchiss horde could do is try a magic which would blow up the planet in how ner'zhul did it to draenor or illidan did to nathreza otherwise earth would win most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    The Orcs managed to drive the Draenei to near extinction, and they were much more technologically advanced than us. My money is on the orcs.
    Because Draenei are just incredibly stupid, using blades and the like, despite having extremely advanced technology. Just create firearms and then gun the orcs down from a distance, create aircraft and bomb them into oblivion. Heck a draenei child should have been able to kill hundreds of orc warriors without a problem, if these idiots would have used technology properly, they could have steamrolled the orcs in so many ways

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Would probably be similar to the anime Gate.
    nothing is funnier than a bunch of plebs with swords, bows and arrows getting rekt by tanks, machine guns and attack helis
    Last edited by valky94; 2020-05-31 at 06:00 PM.

i would love to see the horde in large groups vs a A10-warthog with the gau8 avenger, a 30 mm hydraulically driven seven-barrel Gatling-style autocannon, almost 4000 rounds per minute.

3+ Year Old Account
    It's interesting that everyone so uniformly underestimates the capabilities of the Horde.

Gul'dan "...the Skull of Gul'dan remained an incredibly powerful focus of warlock magic for decades after the orc's death, and was shown to have retained his knowledge, and personality, allowing Gul'dan to manipulate others, such as Ner'zhul, from beyond the grave. Its power was enough to fully transform Illidan Stormrage into a demon, and passed on all of Gul'dan's knowledge to him. He also was responsible for raising the gigantic fel volcano known as the Hand of Gul'dan after severing the orcs' ties to the elemental spirits of Draenor. He was so powerful, he was able to raise the Broken Shore from the bottom of the ocean during the Second War in a great display of power, though he was overcome by the sheer number of vile, mad demons found within the Tomb. Gul'dan was also able to wipe out the Sketh'lon arakkoa with a single spell that not only destroyed their camps, but twisted their spirits too." Source

Warlocks are capable of terrifying things and whether you guys want to accept this or not, the Horde's Shadow Council had some of the most powerful Warlocks to ever exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    It's interesting that everyone so uniformly underestimates the capabilities of the Horde.

Gul'dan "...the Skull of Gul'dan remained an incredibly powerful focus of warlock magic for decades after the orc's death, and was shown to have retained his knowledge, and personality, allowing Gul'dan to manipulate others, such as Ner'zhul, from beyond the grave. Its power was enough to fully transform Illidan Stormrage into a demon, and passed on all of Gul'dan's knowledge to him. He also was responsible for raising the gigantic fel volcano known as the Hand of Gul'dan after severing the orcs' ties to the elemental spirits of Draenor. He was so powerful, he was able to raise the Broken Shore from the bottom of the ocean during the Second War in a great display of power, though he was overcome by the sheer number of vile, mad demons found within the Tomb. Gul'dan was also able to wipe out the Sketh'lon arakkoa with a single spell that not only destroyed their camps, but twisted their spirits too." Source

Warlocks are capable of terrifying things and whether you guys want to accept this or not, the Horde's Shadow Council had some of the most powerful Warlocks to ever exist.
    I really don't feel like that's particularly relevant when you consider that we have weapons that we can kill them with from which they wouldn't even know where we fired them.

As soon as we figured out where they were, it would be over.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Because Draenei are just incredibly stupid, using blades and the like, despite having extremely advanced technology. Just create firearms and then gun the orcs down from a distance, create aircraft and bomb them into oblivion. Heck a draenei child should have been able to kill hundreds of orc warriors without a problem, if these idiots would have used technology properly, they could have steamrolled the orcs in so many ways
    I mean.. just look at the siege of lordaeron. They showed up with an oversized crystal arbalest .. instead of space ship death beams. It's obvious why they were wiped out.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-05-31 at 06:09 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I mean.. just look at the siege of lordaeron. They showed up with a crystal catapult.. instead of space ship death beams. It's obvious why they were wiped out.
    To be fair if you look at any wow race and how they operate, they are all downright retarded, but the Draenei are still a special kind of braindead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It wouldn't be fair at all. It would end like this:

Errrr the orcs would get minced by machine gunfire, aerial gunships, drone strikes, carpet bombardment. It would be horrifically onesided....

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Errrr the orcs would get minced by machine gunfire, aerial gunships, drone strikes, carpet bombardment. It would be horrifically onesided....
    I know.

/10chars
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saichou View Post
    Initially, I thought the horde would win quite easily, with warlocks and all.
    But I guess we would be vastly superior in numbers. Still I'm inclined to believe that they would put up a fair fight.
    Also it depends on where they would land and how involved the rest of the world would get.
    You haven't read up on modern military weaponry and tactics have you? The orcs only hope is warlocks but they would die easy to a random snipers

I am going to counter that its not just us wiping them out because we have to take into effect what would happen if an interstellar portal opened up in earths atmosphere. The magnetic field of another planet would be pouring through and conflicting with earths. Radio communication would be devastated and satellites might not work at all. Suddenly our modern aircraft is useless and our true big advantage of instant communication is lost.

The horde would pour through and begin guerilla warfare. They would likely start stealing guns once the legion figures out what we had. Then it would be a long bloody war.

I don't know if we could even detonate a nuke in those circumstances.

N u k e t h e d a r k p o r t a l!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.