Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmid View Post
    Would be fun to see what people desire the most for the game if limited to only 5 changes.

These are my top 5, and I completely understand that these are MY wishes, and yours may be completely different.

1. Removal of external powers like Power Infusion etc
    Always nice to see someone ask to remove one of the things you enjoy most about your class.
    Being able to directly assist allies besides just keeping them alive should be more common (and not through indirect crap like "nearby allies gain X crit" from soulbinds).

Maybe the problem is not with the ability, but with you taking part in a climate/culture that supports paying for buffs. I play with a group of not morons who know I will buff whatever gets us the highest net gain in DPS.

My list:

1. Removal of borrowed power systems that last for a single expansion.

2. Pet Battle events no longer prevent other events from taking place (weekly bonus events).

3. Tank spec for shamans that focusses on Earth abilities. (uses shield and mace obviously).

4. Discipline back to a spec that isn't a gutted. It feels really bad to spend over half the time doing a dps rotation and still fall behind Paladins, Shamans and druids in DPS. Just put us back to the old shielding spec since we're OP pre-shielders anyways, just with a stupid 1 min rotation of homework that's harder to balance.

5. Reputations account wide.

Your Points 1, 2, 3 and 4 are.. well excluding imo.

You want an even field and no grinds but forging?

Soloqueue arena - yes
    Soloqueue RBG - no

* When we get something like covenants, make them just cosmetic. I don't mind grinding one up for power over the addon but playing more than one content? Well, have fun farming em all and switching every damn boss.

* Some degree of alt-friendliness like when you get exalted on one toon, the important stuff is BoA or a +X% rep-boost for every toon with exalted.
    ** Or make exalted only for tabard, mounts, pets, mogs and the storyline brings you always to revered if you do everything

* Reforging need a revive

* something, something, housing (where you can get stuff from classic up to the newest addon)

* more puzzle-y solocontent

1. New talent system. The MoP one is trash.

2. New alternative progression system that is kept over the expansions (Champion Point system from ESO).

3. Make professions relevant again (back to TBC or Cataclysm state).

4. Build upon Archeology - it's by far one of the coolest side things to do, yet incredibly boring and neglected.

5. More class customization options.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

1. Just copy FF14s systems design and pair it with WoW's content design.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

1. Remove mythic difficulty. Normal and heroic was just fine for all content
    2. Earn tokens for gear upgrades in dungeons
    3. Remove world quests and bring back dailys
    4. Change talent trees - bring back old style dual spec
    5. No more borrowed power

So basically change the game back to what it once was in TBC/WotLK/Cata

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    ive been saying this FOR YEARS NOW. they leave their old world to die for no reason when it can be used just like this
    It's literally free real estate. The assets are all there, and since Cataclysm all the quests are up to a decent standard. A few grinding objectives are fine as well.

And the best thing is that they don't need to overhaul the entire game system in one go. Legion, BfA and Shadowlands already scale into the end-game so that's already a done deal. Then they can just assign one team that grabs a handful of zones from various expansions to refurbish. Add them to the next patch, rinse repeat. The game slowly accumulates its end-game.

And they can do the same to dungeons. Take a handful of old instances and turn them into mythic+ content. Add them all to the current cycle of mythic+ and suddenly it becomes a whole lot more interesting to group for one.

Blizzard underestimates how much good will players have towards their old content. They like being in these areas. They like visiting Pandaria, Northrend and even Draenor for even the most basic end-game chores. The travel itself is already a big part of the experience.

Doesn't even have to be mandatory either. Just give the player the option to 'uncheck' zones that they don't like from the list and the emissaries won't require them to visit these places. Meanwhile the hardcore casual will gladly visit everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    It's literally free real estate. The assets are all there, and since Cataclysm all the quests are up to a decent standard. A few grinding objectives are fine as well.

And the best thing is that they don't need to overhaul the entire game system in one go. Legion, BfA and Shadowlands already scale into the end-game so that's already a done deal. Then they can just assign one team that grabs a handful of zones from various expansions to refurbish. Add them to the next patch, rinse repeat. The game slowly accumulates its end-game.

And they can do the same to dungeons. Take a handful of old instances and turn them into mythic+ content. Add them all to the current cycle of mythic+ and suddenly it becomes a whole lot more interesting to group for one.

Blizzard underestimates how much good will players have towards their old content. They like being in these areas. They like visiting Pandaria, Northrend and even Draenor for even the most basic end-game chores. The travel itself is already a big part of the experience.

Doesn't even have to be mandatory either. Just give the player the option to 'uncheck' zones that they don't like from the list and the emissaries won't require them to visit these places. Meanwhile the hardcore casual will gladly visit everything.
    it can be done in many ways but yes to everything lol another thing i hate is how they do timewalking...why even have it seperated by so much time. it could always be available. they could make all that shit viable too if they just added a new badge system with vendors....but noooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    People want to play different races, it has always been a choice, that choice is always more meaningful when it impacts gameplay than when it doesn't. It just seems to me they don't want to make difficult choices or only want their choices to be cosmetic, but i don't think that's a good thing or rather as good a thing as it is hen it affects gameplay.

Basically asking for their to be no consequence or impact for picking a race in the game environment - it makes race meaningless what what the prime reason for having a game is all about- having a game, if it doesn't affect gameplay, then it's not important to game, it's just like the environment but a moving piece you control.

I'm not saying cosmetics don't matter, they're a perhaps the most important visual aspect to the game, but affecting gameplay makes them meaningful to playing the game.

Re-phrase it this way, if his undead racials were more powerful than the orc, he won't be making this argument, Frankly it is short sighted not ot see the importance of race affecting gameplay, he should rather argue for better tuning.
    When one class ALWAYS deals 1-2% more damage than the other. There is no real choice for many tbh. Do you want to do more or less damage, the choice is obvious. Talking PvE here. PvP is completely different again so it's hard to please everyone. Probably impossible. But yeah, some tuning would be cool. Maybe one expansion undeads would be better, orcs the next. And they would make alot of money on race changes too, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreatNameForSmurfingExTee View Post
    Your Points 1, 2, 3 and 4 are.. well excluding imo.

You want an even field and no grinds but forging?
    I see your point, but yes. That's the game I want.

Its in my signature but i'll repost!!!

TO FIX WOW:

1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others.
    2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc.
    3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others.
    4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI)
    5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

1. Solid account-wide systems; bank, gold, reputation, etc. should all be integrated fully into an account-wide progression system.

2. All-in on cosmetics. No more xmog restrictions, tons of new cosmetic options that aren't just "One Item, Ten Colors", go wild

3. Leave character power to character-bound systems; no more borrowed power beyond gear, let items and talents take care of things; revamp the talent system if that's what's holding things back, revise gear if that's the issue (or both)

4. Add tons of new races/subraces; move racial bonuses entirely towards QoL and cosmetic instead of power; open all classes to all races, fuck the lore barriers

5. Add a parallel progression system with zero character power; rewards should only be cosmetics, entertainment, or enjoyment; possibly some general QoL - perhaps tied into account-wide progression to allow things like earlier mounts for alt characters and perks of that nature

1. Bad luck protection on drops (doesn't need to be huge, but someone shouldn't have to kill Sha 7k+ times to get the mount)
    - And really after that Seven Thousandth kill... they shouldn't have the same chance as the first... its just cruel....
    2. Account wide Rep (at the least, probably more)
    3. Flying everywhere (I'm fine if we need to complete an achievement, but come on... why cant I fly in the Molten Front by now?)
    4. Stop with the costly out of game mounts (Spectral Tiger, Blizzcon Mounts)
    5. Every race for every class... why can my druids only be Cows and Trolls?

1. Rethink the mission table. Instead of passive follower tasks, instead these NPC's should work like the Withered Army training from Legion, following you into various scenarios. You can buff / improve them over time, etc.

2. Mythic dungeons utilize a Torghast style dungeon approach with a wider variety of mob densities, etc. Non-mythic dungeons can be reserved for longer, more in-depth adventures along the lines of mega-dungeons.

3. Outdoor zone level scaling, and adjusted loot tables on older encounters so that they're worth pursuing at max level (rare crafting mats, etc)

4. Rethink of how prevalent / powerful gear is through the life of an expansion. Not only is there always an incredible power gap between a fresh max level and their end of expansion version, but the fact is that many classes don't play at an enjoyable level until they reach certain haste levels, for example. There's a better way to do this.

5. Crafting needs to be much more in-depth and worthwhile.

1. No more borrowed power -or- make the borrowed power an expansion feature you earn while levelling and not a max level grind fest.

2. Make LFD worthwhile again, like it was in Wrath/CATA. It was fun for playing Alts and getting them some gear (IMO).

3. Matchmaking system for M+ and Rated PVP. If you don’t like it, don’t use it.

4. Raiding needs a revamp/re-think from the ground up. It’s slowly becoming a dying niche, and clearing the raid more than once (I.e. farming after prog is done) has become even more niche.

5. Fix the damn story!

1. Fix whatever bureaucratic crap is handcuffing their capacity to crank out content so we can go back to Legion-paced (or better) content

2. Reduce the health of all mobs by like 75% and increase their damage by like 100-500% - combat needs to be faster. (not easier, maybe slightly harder - but faster)

3. Make literally everything that isn't leveling account-wide (including gear, let all gear be tradable between your characters like in Diablo)

4. Replace LFR and Normal/Heroic mode dungeons which a Torghast/Visions/Mage Tower like solo-able mode that scales to the number of players (1-5? 1-10?)

5. Remove the cloth / leather / mail / plate distinction. Let anyone wear, use, and (most importantly) transmog all gear. (You can keep the gameplay of "Heavy" classes like warriors and "Light" classes distinct in the same way by making each point of armor provide a different level of protection depending on your class)

There's other things I'd want - but these are my top five. Honestly, the story is beyond saving for me - they'd have to completely reboot the IP for it to be "fixed" in my eyes.

7+ Year Old Account

It's hard to say something special in current circumstances, but alright:
    -(1)- Khm-m, well, either they remake new models/make new ones (success of which is unlikely, given level of understanding of word "same, with extra" by current designers), or they allow full use of old ones (which is more believable) through customization system (in full original volume). I won't play something that doesn't suit me aesthetically, at least "on my" part/stuff. I can tolerate other choices, but only if they tolerate of mine "full value" one.
    -(2)- Return to a logical, complete and non-conflicting organization hierarchy of RPG's customization/progress. It's about subordination of race ← class ← build ← characteristics.
    -(3)- As a continuation of previous one, organization of system of characteristics and items (including system of content loot's distributing). I could mention professions here (since it belongs to this area to a greater extent), but I don't have any message describing situation separately (only a mention within described characteristics).
    -(4)- ...talking about distribution. Adequate organization of content together with progress, as a single full-fledged and consistent system, instead of layered cake trying to please tastes of every "guest", but in fact - an inedible mess.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    there is shadow area/general interaction zone between points (4) and (5), which relates to organization of quests and presentation of story, minimum of scripted, gentlemen, and you don’t need to distort virtual space for this, system itself must be equally universal and simple, player is the one who has to make choices/write own story within framework of general non-detailed narrative, you're doing goofy/senseless job
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

-(5)- System of social interaction, including organization of servers (types, internal organization), all systems of management and automation/scaling also go straight into this most objectionable trash can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    A lot of factors interfere with full implementation of such design: from itemization (organization of characteristics, approach to distribution of loot, progress organizaton, catch-up stuff, scaling everything with everything/everyone), content design (dungeon difficulty system, again scaling), class organization (secondary parasitic systems and chaos inside already existing hierarchy), banal greed (yes, these same tokens and other methods/motives) ~ if we add to this all regulation of social and server parts (inter-server mechanisms of interaction, including CRZ and search, phasing and WM), then picture of game's state will become complete for analysis and understanding (if add stuff about work of graphic designers and my complete rejection of appearance and animation of "new" models, their current style, then it can pinpointed a broad understanding of my personal attitude to game and about any desire to somehow associate myself with project, interest to it).

Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    5. About dungeons&requirements also M+/modes (+RNG+g.tokens+t/wf) +/+(+/+/+/+)+(+/+/+/+)+(+/+/+/+)+(+)+(+/+/+)
    6. Bad
    world+ (and not only) scaling +(+/+)+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+
    7. Little
    about loot policy +(+/+/+)
    Servers+ type/org (WM&MMO+changes'soc.psycho.res+auto/subscr) +(+/+/+/+/+)+(+)+(+/+/+/+/+)+(+/+/+/+)
    Quests(also rewards)/leveling (&levels) +(+/+/+)+(+)

ps. Something like this. Yeap. Seems like didn't forget anything
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2022-04-26 at 08:35 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    it can be done in many ways but yes to everything lol another thing i hate is how they do timewalking...why even have it seperated by so much time. it could always be available. they could make all that shit viable too if they just added a new badge system with vendors....but noooooo
    And it could be done all at the same time. All instances, all available at the same time. The stack of dungeons is so enormous that its novelty becomes self-replenishing.

That's what Blizzard is missing here. They try to keep the players contained within this narrow bandwith of content while they're sitting on more unique and diverse content than any other game. There's no other game that has this much development resources invested into it and yet Blizzard would rather have the player forget it ever existed.

And all the "back end" technology already exists. Blizzard knows how to scale mobs, quests and items already. Why innovate in all of that if it still only ends up being used for a single expansion or a quick Chromie levelling course?

1. Remove questhelper integration (things marked on the map etc.)
    2. Remove scaling, return things to the level ranges that they used to be
    3. Make dungeons big and exploratory again
    4. Remove LFR and LFG
    5. Heavily reduce the amount of portals in the game

1-5 is literally just different ways of firing that piece of shit Ion. Everything else is balance tweaks that don't matter to anyone on these forums since you're all pve nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    And it could be done all at the same time. All instances, all available at the same time. The stack of dungeons is so enormous that its novelty becomes self-replenishing.

That's what Blizzard is missing here. They try to keep the players contained within this narrow bandwith of content while they're sitting on more unique and diverse content than any other game. There's no other game that has this much development resources invested into it and yet Blizzard would rather have the player forget it ever existed.

And all the "back end" technology already exists. Blizzard knows how to scale mobs, quests and items already. Why innovate in all of that if it still only ends up being used for a single expansion or a quick Chromie levelling course?
    facttttsssssssss. its really annoying that they dont do this