Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mecha druids for both gnomes.
    Rusty druids with TNT for Goblins.

Or go full on and give us tinkers as sub-class for that 3 races.

Pandaren druids - because pandas makes everything better!

Dwarf Druid ftw.

Extra hairy bear, knotted beard and such guardian form
    Proper mohawked beefy cat form (think Kimbul)
    Mountain Goat travel form
    a mini hippogryph for flight form (bit of a stretch, but hey zandalari pterodactyls)
    Eagle/hippogryph focused boomkin form
    chonky aquatic form, manatee idk.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Orcs
    I kept the idea of the Draenor animals for mag'har, because one of the main theme of the green orcs is how they make home in Azeroth and how they had to learn or relearn a few things from the other races. Aside from that, there are lynxes in Outland in BC. I don't know where they were in Draenor and I don't really care, but they're here. I dig the zhevra, hawk and croco travel forms for Orcs though. The hippo for Mag'har too. I didn't think of a harpy moonkin form, but since they are all females, that'd make gender fluid orc druids and that's funny.
    Yes, but they are Orcs, after all. They've brought their culture and heritage from Draenor. Wolves for example. A lynx just doesn't feel Orcish. You think they should share a form with the Blood elves?

Forsaken
    Like I said, I like the visual of skeleton forms better, but the plagued animals would probably make more sense. The crow moonkin, yeah that would look fine.
    Well, everything being skeletal would be pretty boring. They are zombies after all, not skeletons.

Goblins
    I feel like there's no need to give away so much crows. Goblins and vultures feel like a good mix too. A donkey travel form, why not. I'd find it funny if it was a stag wearing a tire as a collar. Like they just completely wrecked a car on a goblin road !
    How many vultures do you see in the city? You need a flying animal that is suited for urban life and is also kind of scruffy. The donkey is because of its usually bad looks.

Pandarens
    I didn't think about the peacock, although I like the crane enough to see it both in the flight and moonkin form. I didn't think about the koi fish either but that's neat.
    Reusing is usually off-putting, so i suggested the peacock. Could be the other way around. The koi fish, or Jinyu, is an obvious form.

Humans
    Dolphin would be nice actually !
    I couldn't come up with anything for them. I tried to imagine what aquatic creatures exist in Stormwind's canals or the sea near its port and i couldn't picture anything. So, if you have anything in mind, that'd be great.

Dwarves
    Actually, scratch that part on the gryphon moonkin. There are moonkin in the Hinterlands already, they could fit well enough ? But aqua turtles are neat !
    Yea, but these Moonkins use a rehashed model, no? They could spice it up with a gryphon touch. As for turtles, it's the only creature i remember on Hinterland's shores.

Gnomes
    Guess it all boils down to what's funnier. Gnomes piloting mecha animals or gnomes with animal forms but smol. But I agree gnomes could take steps into truly learning shapeshifting.
    Leave the mechanical ones for the Tinker. Let Gnome Druids come from a scientific point of view.

Draenei
    Talbuk travel form is a nobrainer. Rays and sporebats as aquatic forms would be a reminder that they are based on aquatic animals, yeah.
    And the fact that they look alien.

Nightborne
    Unicorn. Sounds great. Why did I not come up with that ?
    Thought about that for the Blood elves because of how fancy they are. But, they're not native to Quel'thalas.

Vulpera
    A cactus treant would be pretty funny. But you'd still keep the fox tail on the various animal forms, right ?
    It has to be prickly to endure the harsh desert environment. I don't know if i'd keep their tail. Maybe i should go for smaller forms due to their stature. There are feral cats in the desert the size of a house cat. I don't know how much a bear fits such an environment. Maybe a honey badger form.

Dark Iron
    Just put the tree on fire, it would be terrifying to have that as your healer lmao. I didn't think about the aquatic form, but how about that super old species that is seen as a "living fossil" ? And coincidentally looks like a fish made of rock ?
    It's not meant to be a burning bush. But, i guess i could see a treant form burning from the inside of the trunk. Can you post a picture? I can't recall that living fossil.

Mechagnomes
    Okay but consider this : the Mechagnomes have replaced most living species in their environment with robots. Even though the point of the mechagnomes is that they are looking for balance between flesh and machine nowadays, it would make sense for them to have completely mechanized animal forms, since they don't truly have an ecosystem anymore.
    Fair enough, but i'm not too excited for a transformers Druid race. I'd like to keep their rusty, junkyard aesthetics, mechanizing themselves with what they can find lying around, but not fully covering themselves with mechanical parts.

LF
    All this talk made me think that Moonkins don't necessarily have to be different species. We have the proto-moonkin with the Zandalari and the scarecrow moonkin with the KT. But other races can simply have moonkins with different colors and ornaments. Considering Elune is a universal being and the moonkin are closely tied to her, would it make sense for several worlds to have moonkins of their own ?
    Reusing models, for me, is very off-putting. I'd like the different races to keep their uniqueness.

Also, I dig most of your treant form. I mostly skipped them, since they are an optional cosmetic form now, but good job on tying them to each race's environment !
    Thank you. Didn't know i'd come with so many. The most difficult form for me was the aquatic one because of the scarce aquatic creatures in the game, especially in starting zones.

Truly I imagine them being very close to the zandalari forms, but with dragon heads as a variation. Why not make their travel form a four-legged drakonid though ?
    Hmm... didn't think of that. Great suggestion.
    Last edited by username993720; 2023-06-02 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Yes, but they are Orcs, after all. They've brought their culture and heritage from Draenor. Wolves for example. A lynx just doesn't feel Orcish. You think they should share a form with the Blood elves?
    I wouldn't mind too much. Taurens and Worgen both share a lion and what matters is not just the species but also the ornaments and colors. There's a lot of possibilities to differentiate a Blood elves Lynx and an Orc lynx. The BE could have glowing eyes that the orc doesn't have. The Orc could have a mohawk and the BE a long mane. BE colors could range from red to gold, while the Orc goes from greenish to grey. Things like that.

How many vultures do you see in the city? You need a flying animal that is suited for urban life and is also kind of scruffy. The donkey is because of its usually bad looks.
    Right. Forget what I said about the flight form. The storm crow is the default animal for this form, so obviously you can give it to every race, with a little twist when needed.

Yea, but these Moonkins use a rehashed model, no? They could spice it up with a gryphon touch.
    Oh yeah, absolutely.

Leave the mechanical ones for the Tinker. Let Gnome Druids come from a scientific point of view.
    When coming up with these ideas, I was assuming this was a timeline without a Tinker class released.

Can you post a picture? I can't recall that living fossil.
    That's the Coelacanth. It has hard scales, but talking about rocks was an overstatement on my part. I was mistaking it with the Relicanth pokemon inspired from it. Anyway, Dragonflight introduced us with lava-swimming sharks and other fish so... There are possibilities.

Fair enough, but i'm not too excited for a transformers Druid race. I'd like to keep their rusty, junkyard aesthetics, mechanizing themselves with what they can find lying around, but not fully covering themselves with mechanical parts.
    Honestly, I see both as decent solutions.

Thank you. Didn't know i'd come with so many. The most difficult form for me was the aquatic one because of the scarce aquatic creatures in the game, especially in starting zones.
    When in doubt, the sea lion is decent enough I would say.

You know, there's actually only the zandalari and KT who truly have different moonkin and aquatic forms. The rest of the druid races go on with the basic sea lion and a recolor of the moonkin (and different antlers for the HM). Although it would be cool for diversity, I don't expect that much effort on every race.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Imo they still could have mechanical forms and a tinker class.

Even if their moonkin form is just one of those Mechagon robots I think they could pull it off.

Just as long as Tinkers are still mechanically different from Druids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post

Even if their moonkin form is just one of those Mechagon robots I think they could pull it off.

I hadn't seen that before, that's actually a pretty cool design. I can see that working for Moonkin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    It certainly would, but unlike with every other class, the Evokers and DH's are the most race specific on account of the lore.

Everything else I can absolutely see being open to the rest provided within reason.
    I do feel that DHs should be spread to Nightborne and Void Elves.

That should be it though.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    I wouldn't mind too much. Taurens and Worgen both share a lion and what matters is not just the species but also the ornaments and colors. There's a lot of possibilities to differentiate a Blood elves Lynx and an Orc lynx. The BE could have glowing eyes that the orc doesn't have. The Orc could have a mohawk and the BE a long mane. BE colors could range from red to gold, while the Orc goes from greenish to grey. Things like that.
    Orcs are a savage race. A lynx doesn't embody that kind of ferocity. You want a Goldrinn-like savagery.

Right. Forget what I said about the flight form. The storm crow is the default animal for this form, so obviously you can give it to every race, with a little twist when needed.
    Perhaps there are other city-wise birds i'm not thinking of.

When coming up with these ideas, I was assuming this was a timeline without a Tinker class released.
    A druid is no replacement for a Tinker. Two different classes and themes entirely.

Honestly, I see both as decent solutions.
    It's just that i don't want to lose the Druid aspect entirely. It's a very biology-based class and the complete opposite of a Tinker.

When in doubt, the sea lion is decent enough I would say.

You know, there's actually only the zandalari and KT who truly have different moonkin and aquatic forms. The rest of the druid races go on with the basic sea lion and a recolor of the moonkin (and different antlers for the HM). Although it would be cool for diversity, I don't expect that much effort on every race.
    Yes, but i like the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post

I don't believe so. You don't want to ruin the Druid fantasy. You have to distinguish between engineering and, say, botany and zoology.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Mechagnomes just so I can irritate everyone around me with a macro of "Mechabots, roll out" every time I transfer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Green lions? We already have the clown-looking darkspear forms, we don't need more ridiculous colored animal forms.
    Pink and Purple cats, are fine to you, but a green lion is going to far?

It would be something like this:

Why Draenor? Because this is where they hail from, especially the Mag'har. Green Orcs i can understand because they've been on Azeroth for a long time. This is why i've given them several different forms from the Mag'har. But, you also have to base your forms on their culture and surroundings. While lions exist in the barrens, there are no cats in Durotar (not considering the darkspear isles) and don't play a major role in their society. Copying forms from their allies is the most boring, uninspired thing i can think of and would totally ruin their uniqueness.
    "they are from draenor so their form should be from draenor" its too much simple/naive and ignores that the druid, at least the four specializations, take the form of an already existing spirit animal or wild god/Loa, thats why everyone but the zandalari turns into a bear and a cat, because they assume the form of shirvalah, ashmane or ursoc, while the zandalari take the form of the dino loas.

Lions were also, not part of the guilnean terrain neither their culture, nor bears to be honest, and they turn in the same cat and bear aspect, because of the same wild gods;

Draenor was not know for their wild gods, while people speculate that rukmar and the others like anzu are ones, only Goldrin is someone mentioned in Draenor folklore by orcs, so they would need to take the quirks of the races they learn from, trolls and druids, therefore, they would assume form of bears and cats as well.

"tottally ruin the uniqueness" what are you expecting then to be?
    they will hardly make an unique animal form for every <cat> and <bear> form.

- - - Updated - - -

I do feel that DHs should be spread to Nightborne and Void Elves.

That should be it though.
    Its nonsense to open up DH and restrict to elves once again just because elves

cause there is no lore excuse for that

10+ Year Old Account
    A druid is no replacement for a Tinker. Two different classes and themes entirely.

It's just that i don't want to lose the Druid aspect entirely. It's a very biology-based class and the complete opposite of a Tinker.

I don't believe so. You don't want to ruin the Druid fantasy. You have to distinguish between engineering and, say, botany and zoology.
    Yep, you can always tell when this crap goes too far when people start saying that Tinkers are Gnome/Goblin Druids….

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Its nonsense to open up DH and restrict to elves once again just because elves

cause there is no lore excuse for that
    I’m pretty sure there’s lore stating that only elves can survive the DH training.

7+ Year Old Account
    I’m pretty sure there’s lore stating that only elves can survive the DH training.
    No there isn't, zandalari demoniacs(?) were close to what a DH is as well

only elves survived because Ilidan as all elves, was xenophobic and only trained elves, duh
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2023-06-02 at 07:07 PM.

If they're ever giving Druids to all races they will certainly be last as they're the most work with all their different shapeshift forms.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Mecha forms for Gnome, Goblin and Mechagnome
    Crypt Lord, Crypt Fiend and Nerubian Vizier forms for Forsaken (Alternative to Undead bear/cat/boomkin)
    Corehound, Darkhound, Flamewalker forms for Dark Iron
    how absolutely badass would it be for mechagnomes to get a catform that looks like the fox demon robot from love death and robots episode good hunting? dude id actually buy df and play something other than wrath if they pulled that off just to be a druid.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=...AAAAAdAAAAABAJ

- - - Updated - - -

images for the fox robot are in the images of imdb in the link. im sorry i dont know how to link images here lol
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    No there isn't, zandalari demoniacs(?) were close to what a DH is as well
    But they weren’t DHs. Anyway, we’ll see if Blizzard expands the class to other races. I sincerely doubt it though.

Orcs are a savage race. A lynx doesn't embody that kind of ferocity. You want a Goldrinn-like savagery.
    Well you're the one who suggested they share the lynx with the blood elves. I only mentioned it because it's the one Outland feline I could think of. I would imagine them being Barrens lions, to maybe show that the taurens are teaching them ? Besides, I remember an art of a dwarf lynx form, and it was a very thick lynx. But I know there's not much margin for the ingame models, so I don't expect very buff catforms.

Just don't look at the moonkin toes.

Perhaps there are other city-wise birds i'm not thinking of.
    I'm thinking of seagulls. They are the bane of seaside cities.

I understand the idea. I simply don't think giving it to two races in the game would impair a hypothetical Tinker class thematically. And the Tinker class is so hypothetical I'm not considering it an hindrance to my thought process.

Yes, but i like the challenge.
    I respect that.

7+ Year Old Account
    But they weren’t DHs.
    Just like Zandalari were not paladins, but "prelates" or whatever druids people used to talk

Belf probably, not because of the forms, there I will just use the artifact forms since they are shinier than everything else. Nah, just so that I can have glyph of stars and actually enjoy all of the armor on horde side for once without orb of deception/etc. You know helmets without tusks sticking through them, shoes and gloves that aren't mutilated to hell. Though I will not believe they actually do it until I see it announced. The whole druid form thing is alot of work and Blizzard are lazy cunts.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Mecha forms for Gnome, Goblin and Mechagnome
    Crypt Lord, Crypt Fiend and Nerubian Vizier forms for Forsaken (Alternative to Undead bear/cat/boomkin)
    Corehound, Darkhound, Flamewalker forms for Dark Iron
    The Forsaken fought against the Nerubian empire. I don’t see why they would take those forms.
    I think Mechagnomes would be awesome if they just became transformers. Gnomes and Goblins are slightly different since they aren’t mechanical themselves, so no clue what they’d have them morph into.
    DI turning into core hounds would be good.
    Draenai travel form becoming an actual goat would be a laugh.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2023-06-02 at 08:42 PM.