Poll: What new class for Dracthyr would you want?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb If/when Dracthyr get more classes added, which are you most looking forward too?

Its doubtful that Blizz will never add new classes to the available options for Dracthyr, there are already hints at Hunters and Warriors. And in interviews they've spoken as much.

So which ones are you most looking forward too? The Dragons have touched nearly all aspects of life and lore of Azeroth and beyond.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Warrior with Drakonid body type.

Shaman doesn't make sense as Dracthyr revere the Dragons and the Titans. They do not worship the Elements.

Rogue makes no sense as Dracthyr are loyal, valiant soldiers of the Dragonflights. They do desert the army to become thieves. If the Dragonflights need an enemy position infiltrated then that's what mages and shapeshifting is for.

The Dragonflights fought against the demons during the War of the Ancients. They would abhor fel magic. Obviously no Warlocks or Demon Hunters.

The Dragonflights do not worship the Light. No Priests or Paladins. Only evil NPC Villain Dracthyr tampered with the Void and they all died in the same patch they were introduced so no shadow priests either.

No Dracthyr Death Knights as they were all in stasis when the Scourge happened. The BFA Death Knight thing is lorebreaking. In Wrath, the Ebon Blade viewed their undeath as a misfortune and wouldn't wish that upon anybody. They shouldn't be raising more people.

Druidism does not felt Dracthyr aesthetically. They are already strong dragons and wield powerful magics, no need to waste time bothering with shapeshifting.

Likewise, Dracthyr monks and hunters are weird aesthetically. A Dracthyr's strongest weapon is their claws and their magics. Forgoing that to use their palms or to draw a bow or shoot a gun would be silly.

Warriors are really the only other class that would make sense for Dracthyr and would not look dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    The Dragons have touched nearly all aspects of life and lore of Azeroth and beyond.
    Could add a spec around Nether Dragon powers, phase shifting in and out of reality. Translucent appearance.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2023-05-24 at 06:11 AM.

Poll up.
    /10char

All classes should be available to all races.

Warrior cause I would play that. Shaman, Paladin, Druid, not because I especially believe they'll be a thing, but because I'm curious about the mount, totems, animal forms they'd come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Shaman doesn't make sense as Dracthyr revere the Dragons and the Titans. They do not worship the Elements.
    I feel like you've missed the whole Sundered Flame faction existing, and the multiple drakonids who joined the Primalists overall. Really not that much of a stretch to have Dracthyr who weren't extreme and still worship the elements. Hell there's already been multiple Sundered Flame Dracthyr who turned back to Emberthal's side.

The easy ones would be shaman, warrior, mage, rogue, hunter, and monk probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladins, because the dragonborn archetype very often includes paladins. Past that Druids, Mages, Warriors, Hunters, and Rogues for me I guess. Maybe Shaman, though honestly to me at least shaman feels like it is just a worse evoker so.... ehh...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Its doubtful that Blizz will never add new classes to the available options for Dracthyr, there are already hints at Hunters and Warriors. And in interviews they've spoken as much.

So which ones are you most looking forward too? The Dragons have touched nearly all aspects of life and lore of Azeroth and beyond.
    I really wish we wouldn't give all races all classes.

Though, for Dracthyr, they should've had Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, and Priest as well from the start, but alas. I'll look forward to Warrior, Hunter, and Rogue.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Demon Hunter is the only thing I would see viable among all other classes. Nothing else really fits them.

Quote Originally Posted by Forbear View Post
    Probably a very unpopular opinion, but..........i actually agree. Ten years ago, no, i wouldnt have agreed - class and race fantasy and all that jazz. But wows world isnt exactly related to early wow. What i mean is almost everything else has changed 180 degrees, why not just throw caution to the wind and embrace the silliness that is modern retail wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

1+ Year Old Account
    All of that. But we gotta be realistic, some classes don't make sense.

DK, pala, priest and warlock make no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    You want justifications based upon culture and history, i.e. lore-based reasons. Not going to happen. Most of those players are long gone. Blizz has to cater to those that don't care for lore beyond a few lines in the current expansion.

Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, Monk, Priest, Mage, and Warlock are all a given since those are now available to every playable race.

Druid, Shaman, and Paladin are likely to become available at some point as well, but Death Knight and Demon Hunter will take some work to get the lore flexible enough to allow Dracthyr DKs and DHs.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post

Though, for Dracthyr, they should've had Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, and Priest as well from the start, but alas. I'll look forward to Warrior, Hunter, and Rogue.
    I agree with this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post

Lock makes complete sense with Deathwings corruption, manlipuation, and lust for power.
    Void and corrupted Earthen powers to be sure, but still, Locks domination of others makes sense. Add in Zuluhead the Whacked and the Demon Soul, and that not all Lock power comes from Fel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully none. Keep them Evoker exclusive.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post

I mean blizzard doesn’t really care about that anymore, especially with Lightforged Warlocks.

Though on the topic of Paladin/Priests, it’s been a thing since before Legion for Dragons/Draconic races being part of the Army of the Light (via Velen’s visions)

During the Thaldrazzus quests we even hear Timewalkers speak about Dracthyr being infused with/wielding the light.

DKs wouldn’t make sense though unless blizzard either brings in a other Lich King or remembers wotlk lore where necromancers could raise Death Knights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

None.

I'd rather have Drakonids that can be other classes (and transmog).

Keep Dracthyr their own thinng.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    DKs wouldn’t make sense though unless blizzard either brings in a other Lich King or remembers wotlk lore where necromancers could raise Death Knights.
    Mograine in Legion raised a new Four Horsemen and he's the reason allied races can be death knights.

Warrior, Mage, and Rogue. They should've had these from the start at bare minimum since there are already plenty of NPC examples in both gameplay and cinematics.

Evokers were only the best of the best that mastered the magic of all 5 flights, so Mages would represent the ones that didn't quite hit that level. Dracthyr were also designed to be an army, and you can't make an army out of just spellcasters. They need frontline fighters, like the ones wielding halberds in Nozdormu's visions. Those are the Warriors. There are also Sundered Flame Rogues that attack you during one of the quests, and any army needs spies/scouts to gather intelligence so they're another logical fit.

Beyond those I think only Demon Hunter and Death Knight are off the table since they have specific origins that are incompatible with the Dracthyr(not that blizzard cares about that, sadly...). All the other classes are just a matter of them getting a chance to go explore Azeroth and see what it has to offer. Their culture is pretty much a blank slate after leaving Neltharion's legacy behind, so they're one of the only races where cultural reasons wouldn't get in the way of becoming just about any class. At most I think they'd steer well clear of shadow priest or any void class if we get one in the future, after seeing what it did to Sarkareth.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbear View Post
    Yeah but some combos are really hard to swallow. Goblin paladin? Lightforged Draenei warlock?