Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Subfactions you want to see implemented and playable.

I will start:

• Amani trolls
    • the remaining Ogre clans
    • outcast Arakkoa
    • Drakkari/ice trolls
    • Jinyu
    • Ho-Zen
    • Vrykul(Tideskorn preferably)

you can add anything else you like. I am eager to see your takes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thin-Humans
    Thin-humans/Kul Tiran model for Worgen Humans
    Tuskarr
    Grummle
    Ogre
    Mok'nathal
    Dragonkin
    Dragonid
    Gnolls
    Sethrak
    All Tauren Versions
    Centaur
    Saberon
    Ethereals
    Broken

Could carry on..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I think that not every race in Azeroth should become playable. You need to have cool bad guys to fight against. The Dark Iron dwarves were a cool faction to fight against. Now they're on the player's side. The Zandalari were a cool faction to fight against. Now they're on the player's side. There aren't many cool enemy factions left. The Quillboar are cool (evil pigmen who worship a zombie boar god). The Nerubians are cool (Egyptian spiders/beetles that build underground kingdoms). It'd be cool to play as them, but then you would be left increasingly fewer cool factions to fight against. The factions that NuBlizzard pulls out of thin air like Void or evil Light or the Jailer's forces or the Primalists or rothide gnolls aren't anywhere near as compelling.

- - - Updated - - -

That being said, Jinyu really should have been an allied race. Would've been so easy given that they use the male Night Elf rig.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I think that not every race in Azeroth should become playable. You need to have cool bad guys to fight against. The Dark Iron dwarves were a cool faction to fight against. Now they're on the player's side. The Zandalari were a cool faction to fight against. Now they're on the player's side. There aren't many cool enemy factions left. The Quillboar are cool (evil pigmen who worship a zombie boar god). The Nerubians are cool (Egyptian spiders/beetles that build underground kingdoms). It'd be cool to play as them, but then you would be left increasingly fewer cool factions to fight against. The factions that NuBlizzard pulls out of thin air like Void or evil Light or the Jailer's forces or the Primalists or rothide gnolls aren't anywhere near as compelling.

- - - Updated - - -

That being said, Jinyu really should have been an allied race. Would've been so easy given that they use the male Night Elf rig.
    I don't want everyone to be playable. Just those with humanoid models on two legs.

Ones that are actually part of the Alliance and Horde first
    + Stillpine Furbolg (Alliance)
    + Stonemaul / Dunemaul Ogres (Horde)
    + Wildhammer Dwarves (Alliance)
    + Revantusk Trolls (Horde)
    + Frostborne Dwarves (Alliance)
    + Taunka (Horde)
    + Jinyu (Alliance)
    + Hozen (Horde)

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree.

Not every faction needs to be the representation of their entire race. Look at the Primalists, and Twilight's Hammer, and Scourge, and all of these evil factions made up of many races.

Or look at the Steamwheedle Cartel compared to the Bilgewater and all the other goblin cartels.

We would still be able to fight the Man'ari even if a splinter group of them joined the Horde.

Jinyu and Hozen are a given.
    The Unshackled and Ankoian, please !
    The Wildhammer and Dragonmaw.
    The Broken and the Outland Mag'har (What do you mean it's pointless now that we have the AU Mag'har ? Tell that to the High elves fans !)
    The Sethrak (sorry Alliance, I have nothing to keep the symmetry here)

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Jinyu and Hozen are a given.
    The Unshackled and Ankoian, please !
    The Wildhammer and Dragonmaw.
    The Broken and the Outland Mag'har (What do you mean it's pointless now that we have the AU Mag'har ? Tell that to the High elves fans !)
    The Sethrak (sorry Alliance, I have nothing to keep the symmetry here)
    Considering the Horde PC saved Sethraliss Vorrik owes us something now.

Just give us Tuskarr already. We are so close!
    Would love to see Mok’nathal too.

Blizzard are just going to troll us with Ogres until the end of days so no hope there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Naga
    Ogres
    Satyr
    Vrykul
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Considering the Horde PC saved Sethraliss Vorrik owes us something now.
    Ok he owes them something. But does he owe them EVERYTHING ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Vrykul
    Mogu
    Sethrak
    Arakkoa

All of these have male/female or are gender neutral and seem to be able to wear some sort of armor so I don't see why we couldn't use them as playable races.

WC2 classics

Ogres
    Wildhammer Dwarf
    Amani Trolls
    More Human Kingdoms with unique twists
    Blackrock Orcs

And some WC3 classics as well.

Burly Night Elves to represent Druid of the Claw
    Satyr customizations for NE Warlocks
    Eredar customizations for Draenei Warlocks
    Fel Orc customizations for Orc Warlocks
    Dark Trolls
    Mok'nathal
    Broken Draenei

Well:

1. High elves off course
    2. Highborne
    3. Worgen Elves - with [were bear, wolf, cat and bird forms - think bear form druid artifact mage tower, or the cat form saberon like they did aw hile back, and bird men a bit similar to arrokoa] as their beast man form.
    4. Naga elves - also dual form , naga is one form, and sea elf is another
    5. Sun-touched elves - these are wretched who developed slightly differnetly after usnwell was restored
    6. Fel elves - think the ones in TBC
    7. Darkfallen undead elves
    8. Farondis ghost elves
    9. Fal''dorei - spider elvves

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Well:

1. High elves off course
    2. Highborne
    3. Worgen Elves - with [were bear, wolf, cat and bird forms - think bear form druid artifact mage tower, or the cat form saberon like they did aw hile back, and bird men a bit similar to arrokoa] as their beast man form.
    4. Naga elves - also dual form , naga is one form, and sea elf is another
    5. Sun-touched elves - these are wretched who developed slightly differnetly after usnwell was restored
    6. Fel elves - think the ones in TBC
    7. Darkfallen undead elves
    8. Farondis ghost elves
    9. Fal''dorei - spider elvves
    Seems boring. The game has enough elves already.

I see nothing here to make me think "subfaction" such as "Earthen Ring," but yet another race thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I see nothing here to make me think "subfaction" such as "Earthen Ring," but yet another race thread.
    Most of these races have their own factions. For Jinyu it's the pearlfin tribe.

[*]Amani trolls
    especialy if they are bulkier, something like Kazra'jin from ToT

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    especialy if they are bulkier, something like Kazra'jin from ToT
    Yes the mob model needs a rework.

5+ Year Old Account
    I will start:

• Amani trolls
    • the remaining Ogre clans
    • outcast Arakkoa
    • Drakkari/ice trolls
    • Jinyu
    • Ho-Zen
    • Vrykul(Tideskorn preferably)

you can add anything else you like. I am eager to see your takes.
    I would rather have some more intra-racial diversity, in order to have races a bit more fleshed out. A few examples:

• Blood Knights/Magisters (heavy magic users) vs. Farstriders (who used to distrust magic).
    • Deathguards (more traditional military) vs RAS (focused on WMDs and going through quite a hard time).
    • Lightforged (religious zealots) vs "normal" Draenei (moderates).
    • Tyrande followers (isolationists) vs Shandris' ones (Anduinists).
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.