Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    PSA: Just because you have gripes does not mean that the game is dying or some other absurd bullshit. If the general approach to problems wasn't "GAME'S FUCKING TERRIBLE, M8" and rather more like "I think there's a problem here, guys, let me explain. What do you think?" we might get somewhere.
    This x 9,001. No constructive feedback can ever be heard in full echo chamber mode like this forum tends to get stuck in. Not against OP specifically, just the general group who tends to argue these topics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Have that discussion over official forums and your moaning might actually serve a purpose.
    What are you talking about?

Official forums being constructive? Even MMO-Champion has a better track record.
    Serves a purpose? Blues don't acknowledge anything said there until it makes it's way to Reddit's front page. It's one of the biggest criticisms of that forum.

Yeah, and also being a dick doesn't mean it's productive criticism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Did I say you can't enjoy it?
    Why are you putting words in my mouth?
    I didn't put words in your mouth on that line. I pointed merely out that we all have grievances, some small, some big. Not worth making a 'PSA' for where there is so many ongoing topics of various subjects.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2018-09-14 at 05:17 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe I actually have to say this.

Just because you enjoy A, B & C does not mean there are no problems like X, Y & Z.

Can we stop these idiotic debates between these two groups of people and actually come together as a community to see what improvements can be made?
    This is not a competition to see who is right.

I personally do not like the narrative at all this expansion.
    Things are conveniently forgotten or happen.
    Faction leaders behaving in idiotic manners.
    stereotypical results as we have come to expect from blizzard regarding these two factions.
    Or how irritatingly Kultiras looks like the size of Northrend on the map but is probably half its size at best.
    Or how we are TOLD more than actually SHOWN. Horde has control of Kalimdor and warring with the NEs in a guerrilla war?! Amazing. Let me see that! Oh... its still cataclysm zones...

But.

Does that mean I did not enjoy the stories told in Kultiras or Zanadalar? Absolutely not. I found them perfectly enjoyable.
    Does that negate what I mentioned earlier? Any sane person would say no.
    You can also say "Just because there are many issues does not mean you can't enjoy BFA" as well and it would hold true.

I am all for the community coming together to discuss issues, whether opinion or not, to find a way to improve.
    Like the HoA stuff floating around.
    I want Azerite traits to not unlock with HoA levels but rather unlock fully by default as soon as you loot it, then each trait scale up with each neck level.
    That would, in my opinion, be light-years ahead of current implementation as getting an ilvl upgrade, but not having "enough" HoA levels wouldn't make that item a wash or even a downgrade; that feels bad to many people.
    Do I still enjoy the game? Yeah.
    Will I stop enjoying it because of this? Nah.
    Would I be stoked if they actually changed the system? You betcha.

But, when threads devolve into "worst xpac ever" then it's just people trading shit, they go nowhere fast and ultimately end up being pointless, holding very little to nothing of value.

Your points about the story, the faction leaders actions/behavior, the size of continents, those are all personal gripes, and that's totally fine.
    Everyone should be able to have an opinion on anything they want, and they can also choose to look past some/all of them and enjoy themselves, it's all good.
    Should someone disagree, fair enough, go for it, but it seems some forum users here like to claim people are wrong when they simply hold a difference of opinion.

This is exactly how I feel. I am definitely enjoying the game, but I see some major problems that should be addressed. I can continue to play the game, and hope that those problems are dealt with in the near future.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Every single expansion comes with dozens of thread and hundreds/thousands of posts from people complaining about how the current expansion is the absolute worst expansion ever. And it comes with lists of gripes about how Blizzard doesn't know what it's doing and how could they possibly screw up this bad. Every. Single. Expansion.

And in all of those threads, we have people who are tired of hearing people complain. So they speak up.

It's the circle of life here on the MMO-C forums. It isn't going to change.

♫ It's the circle.. the circle of life♫
    I'm a crazy taco.

7+ Year Old Account
    And just because I'm enjoying it, doesn't mean I'm not acknowledging that there are issues. :^) There certainly are. But it doesn't stop me from enjoying it. If I didn't, I wouldn't have renewed my sub once more few days ago.

deviantART
    Simple Armory EU
    Simple Armory US
    Lodestone

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe I actually have to say this.

Just because you enjoy A, B & C does not mean there are no problems like X, Y & Z.

Can we stop these idiotic debates between these two groups of people and actually come together as a community to see what improvements can be made?

I personally do not like the narrative at all this expansion.
    Things are conveniently forgotten or happen.
    Faction leaders behaving in idiotic manners.
    stereotypical results as we have come to expect from blizzard regarding these two factions.
    Or how irritatingly Kultiras looks like the size of Northrend on the map but is probably half its size at best.
    Or how we are TOLD more than actually SHOWN. Horde has control of Kalimdor and warring with the NEs in a guerrilla war?! Amazing. Let me see that! Oh... its still cataclysm zones...

But.

Does that mean I did not enjoy the stories told in Kultiras or Zanadalar? Absolutely not. I found them perfectly enjoyable.
    Does that negate what I mentioned earlier? Any sane person would say no.
    PSA: Just because you are a whiny bitch doesn't mean the expansion is bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    PSA: Just because you are a whiny bitch doesn't mean the expansion is bad
    This is starting to get ridiculous. My entire post was saying exactly this. People have different opinions and does not demean yours in any way.
    Jesus christ.

PSA: Just because you are not enjoying BFA does not mean it does have many issues.

A lot of issues WoW players complain about are either near irrelevant, misunderstood (i.e. actually a positive aspect but they aren't seeing or don't care about the upside), or without a better alternative. Players usually only care about their own advantage and view everything that helps them personally as good for the game while ignoring all other stuff. Also, a lot of players who don't see the whole picture because they aren't playing all the content and don't know about all different systems in the game, yet seeing the whole picture is necessary to truly understand the implications of one change.
    Last edited by TaurenNinja; 2018-09-14 at 05:37 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I'm pretty sure the people who don't think it has problems are under the impression that if other people disagree, Blizzard will start crying and take the game away from everyone... Because that's the only thing that can really explain the hostility they show to people who are criticizing it.
    I'm certain that the people who complain so much look down their noses as the peons who actually enjoy playing the game. Because that's the only thing that can explain the condescension and bad attitudes of the complainers.

P.S. It would be hard pressed to find more than a few people who think there are no problems.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Deleted
    People probably said this in WoD too.

Sad.
    There was nothing wrong with WoD, correction, there was nothing wrong with what WoD was supposed to have been.

Imagine if WoD got the Legion treatment, the same timeframe to push things and polish things? WoD was planned to last a year, but it was clearly designed to last 2 from the start. If we had gotten Tanaan as our suramar with Faranor and Goria as added zones in patches, if the garrison system had been more like its original iteration and planning etc....

Garrisons were the first hope of instanced player housing, something I still think should be added. Garrisons work, do the same for a house or a guild hall ffs.

The only plague that befell WoD was that it wasnt allowed a full 2 years, they tried to rush out yearly expansions only to realise that well... that idea sucks for everyone.

I will judge BFA after a year of release, same as I did legion. If it's still terribad after most major things have been put in place, fine, I will probably add it to my steamin Cata/WoD pile. Neither of those expansions were bad by the way, I just didnt personally enjoy them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    People probably said this in WoD too.

Sad.
    The "doesn't mean the expansion is bad" part is correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Neither of those expansions were bad by the way, I just didnt personally enjoy them.
    There -are- a lot of people around here who seem to think that because they don't enjoy something that it's bad.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Quote Originally Posted by DoopDeDoo View Post
    To people complaining about the story, where can I get an advance copy of the entirety of the BfA story that you all seem to have? I too want to vent about a story that has only had a small fraction presented to the players, but is surely the worst thing ever written in an MMO. You know, because MMO’s have for years had amazing storylines that 99% of the playerbase cares about.
    What are you talking about? Blizzard has put all these resources into the story telling ever since Cata and we are simply pointing out all the issues with the current storyline as it has already unfolded not the entire expansion. Take yourself out of the salt pit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if we can stop the more prominent idiot debates of "I have this one, single problem with one thing, and thus this game is utter trash (that I will continue to play)"

Those are far more common than the rest of what you speak of.

I enjoy the game. And yeah, there's problems. Every game has problems. But I dont flip out over them. I just enjoy the game. Direct your ire to the vocal people who DONT enjoy the game, and do nothing but bitch (and continue to play).
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Only if we can stop the more prominent idiot debates of "I have this one, single problem with one thing, and thus this game is utter trash (that I will continue to play)"

Those are far more common than the rest of what you speak of.

I enjoy the game. And yeah, there's problems. Every game has problems. But I dont flip out over them. I just enjoy the game. Direct your ire to the vocal people who DONT enjoy the game, and do nothing but bitch (and continue to play).
    Thats a lot of assumptions there.

Thats a lot of assumptions there.
    Everything on this forum is assumption, save for a handful of items that are undeniably fact, yet are still challenged by special folks.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Despite you having a good time, here's why you're not actually."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomeWarlock View Post
    Everything on this forum is assumption, save for a handful of items that are undeniably fact, yet are still challenged by special folks.
    Not everything. A lot of it is personal opinions.
    Assumptions only come up when people make claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    "Despite you having a good time, here's why you're not actually."
    Jesus I am have to deflect trolls than actually having a constructive discussion.
    Maybe that's just your own insecurities? If you enjoy something does not mean others do as well.
    And when they voice it, its not a personal attack towards you.
    Last edited by Toho; 2018-09-14 at 05:53 PM.