View Poll Results: Lockboxes - should rogues be allowed to roll "need" in a PUG dungeon group?

Voters
585. This poll is closed
  • Yes

132 22.56%
  • No

453 77.44%
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    because i can say that my skill is not high enough and then open the chest alone when dungeon is over
    lmao actually true

- - - Updated - - -

Lemme ask... are blacksmith allowed to roll need on patterns when they drop?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    If you expect Warlocks to give our healthstones
    If you expect Mages to give out food and/or water
    If you expect Paladins to give you the appropriate buff

Then you really should expect a Rogue to open the chest and share the loot.
    I second this statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

The whole group deserves a share of the loot even from locked containers
    If the rogue isn't going to whine about it,I'm even enclined to let them have a bigger share of what's found in locked stuff

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    A group can't unlock the chest w/o the Rogue, but...

...the Rogue couldn't have gotten to the chest w/o the group!
    Exactly,everyone got there thanks to everyone else in the group

10+ Year Old Account
    You just say you dont have the skill for it and then come back for it later.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    Lemme ask... are blacksmith allowed to roll need on patterns when they drop?
    I would. BoE gear could be sold by anyone, but if it's an upgrade you're well within your rights to roll on it. No reason that the same shouldn't apply to professions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadwhisper View Post
    Locked chests are absolutely rogue property, you can't unlock them, they can, its a perk of that class. You aren't entitled to their skills.

Lock boxes however, are rollable loot.
    Blacksmiths Skeleton keys say hi
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

10+ Year Old Account
    just say your lock picking isnt high enough and when everyone leaves at the end go open it.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it's locked and you otherwise wouldn't have been able to open it anyway, It's the Rogues. It's the Perk of their class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    If you expect Warlocks to give our healthstones
    If you expect Mages to give out food and/or water
    If you expect Paladins to give you the appropriate buff

Then you really should expect a Rogue to open the chest and share the loot.

Sure thing, as soon as those Buffs are worth a monetary gain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Those are not equatable examples.
    How so? They all lead to Monetary gain for the said character from a skill they have worked on.

Do you have any idea what effort it takes to level lockpicking? Comparing that to mage food is beyond dumb. So yeah, the rogue should do what he wants with locked chests.

If only one party member can open the thing, I don't see why anyone else should have any beef with it.
    They're just portable locked chests, and you're the one that trained your profession to reap the rewards of them.

"But I have any alt that can use it" can be said about literally anything.

I can't wait for the resurrection of the Hide of the Beast arguments.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

The acquisition of lock boxes and chests in dungeons is a group effort, therefore the group should roll greed for the lock box and "/roll" for the chest. The fact that a Rogue can unlock it is just a convenience and does not entitle them to it. Same goes for Blacksmiths that carry keys.

IF a rogue wants to view a random chest as 'their' property solely because they trained lockpicking... they're in for a surprise cause my blacksmith actually carries keys.

group roll for them, and if the rogue REALLY feels upset about that, then they can just say they haven't trained their lock picking and come back later but that's some seriously petty bullshit.

If the rogue can reach that position by themselves they are more than entitled to any loot they secure on their own. But in the group setting, they shouldn't be trying to argue that lock boxes are their's by reason of Lock Picking.

I've never really understood the status quo/logic behind all greeding on lockboxes, technically nobody can actually "need" a lockbox, so why not take a pug rogue being a self entitled lootyw**** out of the equation and all need on lockboxes?
    Last edited by diarx; 2019-09-09 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Sure thing, as soon as those Buffs are worth a monetary gain.
    Why is that relevant? Those classes have perks associated with having them in your group. This is the perk to having the Rogue in your group.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Explain why.
    Same logic as to why a mining node is a miner's property ?

Does a non miner get to roll greed on a mining node ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Mind you my post was referring to anyone that can open them, not just rogues.
    If multiple people can open it In the immediate party then they get to roll against each other.

Does the rest of the party that can't unlock things feel entitled to the stationary locked chests too?
    Apparently blizz doesn't think so, otherwise it would bring up the roll prompt on rares inside them.
    The person opening it had to train a profession to open it.
    You don't see people rolling in herbs or mining nodes either.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Do you have any idea what effort it takes to level lockpicking? Comparing that to mage food is beyond dumb. So yeah, the rogue should do what he wants with locked chests.
    doing a dungeon is group effort, and it really aint that bad.. leveling from the start to end all at once sure, but constantly while leveling?> nah super easy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Same logic as to why a mining node is a miner's property ?

Does a non miner get to roll greed on a mining node ?
    mining nodes are not gear, or items for other professions.
    and again, lockboxes dont need to be opened by that rogue, everyone can take them, then get another rogue to open them.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Lockboxes = group loot, everyone (including Rogue) greeds.
    Locked chest = Rogue loot.

Lockboxes are all greed. I don't mind that since I get tips and skill ups for opening them. Locked chests though? If you've brought a key I'll happily roll against you for the loot. If not then you just don't have access to it sorry.

Mage food/water or warlock health stone aren't really comparable. I don't expect those in dungeons.