Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    unlike some people on this forum you have time to do the same repetitive task over and over for minimal accomplishment rather than something you enjoy.
    If people can't handle doing the same repetitive tasks over and over, they shouldn't make alts in the first place.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=311625/...-wide-essences

Rejoice! They heard the feedback and actually made it happen in good time.
    Good to hear, these are actually great news. Maybe I will try getting some alts up to speed instead of unsubbing now
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    The expansion is not done until 9.0 goes live
    No, it's done when the last content patch goes live, and it has.

even when you get your way.
    yeah, sure, "get our way", when the expansion is finished and people will slowly start to quit for the content drought, "yay"...

BFA needed this feature almost a year ago, not after it's final content patch went live.

Too little, too late.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-03-13 at 05:01 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Yeah, and legendaries have never had grindable levels.
    "Legendaries have never had grindable levels"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    No, it's done when the last content patch goes live, and it has.

yeah, sure, "get our way", when the expansion is finished and people will slowly start to quit for the content drought, "yay"...

BFA needed this feature half a year ago, not after it's final content patch went live.

Too little, too late.
    Except how do you know that? we thought 3.3 would be the final content patch.
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

Except how do you know that? we thought 3.3 would be the final content patch.
    Because Ion said they weren't planning on doing one? Until someone at Blizzard says otherwise, that's the way it is.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I will wait and see until we know for certain how much this actually costs before I rejoice. From experience this will take a few iterations triggered through complaints until this reaches a workable state. It's good that they finally listened, but if the grind for the new currency is equal to that of the task before then it won't be much of an option sadly or will at best help some while others still won't get much out of it. Though I can definitely see how it will be appreciated by people who absolutely don't want to grind out the damn pvp essences.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Apparently it is good, as it's getting implemented.

Let us not pretend it's because they listen, as opposed to it being because that now, after several time of the feature being active and consumed by a good portion of the playerbase, it's time to stretch it out a bit further by squeezing those who were waiting to focus on alts.

We are truly blessed for having a benevolent company like Blizzard looking after us.
    People asked to be able to buy rank 3 on alts, now you can, try and spin it how ever you like but they did listen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Because Ion said they weren't planning on doing one? Until someone at Blizzard says otherwise, that's the way it is.
    So... like how they said they wouldnt do account wide essences.. or classic... or ever return flying... ort...
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    People asked to be able to buy rank 3 on alts, now you can, try and spin it how ever you like but they did listen.
    That's not what 'Listening' means. They had time to listen after the initial testing feedback.

This is a case of Better Late Than Never and a simple business strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "Legendaries have never had grindable levels"

Ok, but idea of mandatory legendaries is bad anyway. And at that point any long term (that is comparable with length of "season", so player just can't do it on alts) grind should be account-wide. Because "endless main progression grind" vs "play on alts for fun" problem should finally be solved. And you should understand, that I won't buy Shadowlands, if it won't be solved. 100% at this time, because unfortunately since BFA there is no hope, that game will improve by the end of xpack, so there is no reason to buy xpack even around x.2, when flying becomes available.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Except essences haven't been a part of the whole expansion the way Legendaries were in Legion. They were added in 8.2, not 8.0.

So your argument that its legendaries all over again is kind of stupid.
    You're being willfully ignorant if you think they're not treating essences exactly like they did legendaries.

I mean, come on, how can you not see the trends? They do the same shit every patch. Introduce a horrible fucking grind, people suffer through it at first to stay relevant. Later, after everyone that cares about keeping their character up to date has finished their grinds they reduce the requirements so that people that are already tired of the grind will keep grinding because it's just a little bit less bad than it was previously and the casuals can still keep up somewhat.

Why do you think vessels and coalescing visions were capped at first? Why do you think they're just now allowing items from visions to always be corrupted? It's not like they didn't have the ability to do so before. They just didn't because then they couldn't stretch out their engagement metrics so that it's not as obvious to the investors how much of a dumpster fire this expansion has been.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm happy that they're making the change regardless. I'm just not going to ignore the shitty business practices that Blizzard employs these days.

It's too late though. The expansion is already over.
    This should've been something that was already a part of the base experience of BFA.
    I don't understand why they hate alts so much?
    Just let us get the most grindy shit as account wide...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer Morningstar View Post
    please please please please don't make me farm a whole week for 1 essence
    pleeeeeease
    If it's a whole week I'll be happy. I'm worried it'll be several weeks for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    You're being willfully ignorant if you think they're not treating essences exactly like they did legendaries.

I mean, come on, how can you not see the trends? They do the same shit every patch. Introduce a horrible fucking grind, people suffer through it at first to stay relevant. Later, after everyone that cares about keeping their character up to date has finished their grinds they reduce the requirements so that people that are already tired of the grind will keep grinding because it's just a little bit less bad than it was previously and the casuals can still keep up somewhat.

Why do you think vessels and coalescing visions were capped at first? Why do you think they're just now allowing items from visions to always be corrupted? It's not like they didn't have the ability to do so before. They just didn't because then they couldn't stretch out their engagement metrics so that it's not as obvious to the investors how much of a dumpster fire this expansion has been.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm happy that they're making the change regardless. I'm just not going to ignore the shitty business practices that Blizzard employs these days.
    You are being awfully ignorant. People complained about legendaries because their acquisition was random, yet somehow when we were given a FUCKING 100% DETERMINISTIC essences people now bitch about not being able to get them for free for alts. That is absolutely stupid. What else now? BOA gear?
    Maybe you expect leathers automatically changing to clothes when sending it to mage alt?

Horrible grind was legiondaries. Essences are not a grind if you can do it in like 15 fukken days doing 3 quests per day. That is not a damn grind.
    And don't expect for your alt to become as powerful as your main without putting an effort.
    You want easy way? Just grab a fukken easy essences, nobody is forcing you to actually grind every single essence on your alt, get easy ones.

Vessels and coalescing visions being capped almost did not change anything. Just by doing quests and upgrading cloak with that quest easily did not allow you be "overflowing" with keys or currency.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    That's not what 'Listening' means. They had time to listen after the initial testing feedback.

This is a case of Better Late Than Never and a simple business strategy.
    Doesnt matter the reason why they implement it and when, players asked for it, players got it, therefore Blizzard listened.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Doesnt matter the reason why they implement it and when, players asked for it, players got it, therefore Blizzard listened.
    "Don't ask questions just consume product" - oof.
    But yeah, agree to disagree, I guess!

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    But didn't like it....

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=311625/...-wide-essences

Rejoice! They heard the feedback and actually made it happen in good time.

Edit: Haha, what a shocker. Mostly negativity from the usual suspects.
    Oh well, don't utilize the update then. For those of us still wanting to play, this is pretty sweet.

Why do that when they can just let their mind-authorities tell them what REALLY went down...?
    Seriously. If they don't listen, it's bad. If they do listen, it's bad anyway and they didn't really listen to feedback so "don't accept teh mediocrity!!"...

Utterly hopeless. At least they're happy on other forums.

From official channel: "Building on a great deal of feedback and discussion, we’re working on an update to the game."
    Activision Blizzard didn't "listen to you" LOL who are you?

A certain billionaire decided to play his alt in his bunker during the coronavirus outbreak, then he realized he has to grind for essences. So his son casually gave 55 million dollars to activision to "get it done so my dad can raid with his alts".

True story!

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post

They were capped because Blizzard figured everyone would keep doing it on their alts. Only problem is that people didn't even bother to do the cloak quest on alts. Then the next problem was nobody was bothering with the dailies so those got buffed. Then nobody was even bothering with Horrific Visions, just doing the 1 required and saving stuff til the following week and because people were capped on vessels and visions and sittin on chests from the invasions they removed the vessel cap, then the visions caps. Now Visions are nerfed, requirements were nerfed while upgrades were buffed.

It seems like Blizzard expected the player base to do 1 thing, and the player base did the exact opposite and now Blizzard is scrambling.

Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    Maybe it's because when they actually didn't do that (WoD), everyone stopped playing because "there's nothing to do".
    Horrible fucking grinds are the bread and butter of classic MMORPG content.
    A horrible shallow grind vs an expansion bailed on during Closed Beta, seems like a fair comparison..

If people can't handle doing the same repetitive tasks over and over, they shouldn't make alts in the first place.
    Yes and no.

Since Vanilla, my alts have always been a source of variety in group content after progressions over. Back when player power came solely from gear, you could keep an alt up to speed without much tedium (Keys and attunements being the exception back in the day).

Since Legion, a certain amount of player power has been obtained via daily/weekly chores rather than simply gear drops. Without this additional power, alts limited in terms of how far they can progress (without being carried).

Ultimately, the game has changed making alts far more time consuming and (in my opion), far more tedious. Some think this is a good thing, but I disagree. Alts are what keep the game interesting for me in between tiers, but I don’t find the essence grind (for example) interesting the first time let alone multiple times, so my alts get parked and my sub cancelled until the next Tier/Xpac. Many players are the same.

If Blizzard want to move away from alts and focus on “mains” they need to make the content more engaging and last longer. Tedious rep grinds and time gates that artificially draw out content aren’t the solution either.

The other Major flaw with essences is returning players. Account wide (however it’s done) won’t solve the problem for people who don’t have them at all. Lots of people quit due to the essence grind and they won’t come back so long as it still exists.