Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    Also I'd expect this Alpha to be a small start to our adventures. Banking on Blizzcon zone to be playable (maybe fully) with it's dungeon. Since leveling will be zone by zone first time around. Also they definitely want to test the new player experience early so expect that as well. Tower seems to be out of the question unless some miracle of development ensues. People expect Alpha to be like the full game sometimes so I'm just setting some expectations.
    Blizzcon was more of a demo running the zone on 8.3 PTR than proper Alpha build.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Georg Von Vitzthum View Post
    we saw it, we didn't saw how it worked in a gameplay level
    I would consider it just as shallow then. Especially since what they previewed did not turn into the reality (Warfronts were not like playing a W3 mini-game in WoW, like how Pet Battles are mini-game Pokemon in WoW).
    the problem is there is nothing to talk about, few things, im not complaining they are working on "fundamental level" but what they showed in blizzcon to me was shallow. And since there is this big gap of ino the hype already is gone
    If we get datamineable models, especially of character customizations then there will be loads of people talking about it. But yeah we barely had anything to discuss from Blizzcon comparably to previous expansions.

I hope it is because they want to be more open to feedback from players testing the game rather than trying keep very red-taped about it as previously.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't think all the zones have ever been from the beginning in any Expansion alpha/testing phase.
    Well that would be lame, but hopefully they quickly put it out in following weeks. Main thing is getting content into players' hands earlier for testing/feedback.

We should not have another BFA Azerite testing situation for expansion long features/content.

I don't hate Towelliee but I sure as fuck do despise his fans. It will never cease to amaze me the number of people who will give a streamer inordinate amounts of money to "support" them without realizing that all they're doing is paying for an early "retirement."

Quote Originally Posted by Factsbeforefeelings View Post
    I don't hate Towelliee but I sure as fuck do despise his fans. It will never cease to amaze me the number of people who will give a streamer inordinate amounts of money to "support" them without realizing that all they're doing is paying for an early "retirement."
    It's called paying for entertainment.

Just as with everything else, a few whales don't represent the entirety. Same as with WoW.
    Harboring hatred over people merely supporting entertainment they enjoy seems redundant unless said entertainment features animal cruelty, human suffering or other crimes.

Cute concept art. Doesn't show anything concrete about the Maw or the Tower though.

Do I have to become a mod to tell y'all to stop rehashing the streamer discussion over and over? Focus up on the stuff that matters, come on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    You know, when they do release the alpha it's gonna be like a single day of exciting news and then the wait will begin again. Hyping up something way too much will get you dissapointed.
    It's going to be an incredibly exciting few days of models art story etc, with tons of stuff to speculate about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Do I have to become a mod to tell y'all to stop rehashing the streamer discussion over and over? Focus up on the stuff that matters, come on.
    I'm tired of hearing about it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    You know, when they do release the alpha it's gonna be like a single day of exciting news and then the wait will begin again. Hyping up something way too much will get you dissapointed.
    Once Alpha starts there are updates to come, shit to see, things to speculate about.

I'm perfectly comfortable with my hype level.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    I would consider it just as shallow then. Especially since what they previewed did not turn into the reality (Warfronts were not like playing a W3 mini-game in WoW, like how Pet Battles are mini-game Pokemon in WoW).
    yet it seems like more info was showed in both legion and bfa, more stuff was show or talked about, that youl could expect some things and theorize

with shadowlands we are, ironic, in the dark

If we get datamineable models, especially of character customizations then there will be loads of people talking about it. But yeah we barely had anything to discuss from Blizzcon comparably to previous expansions.

I hope it is because they want to be more open to feedback from players testing the game rather than trying keep very red-taped about it as previously.
    they are prob hiding stuff so people don't complain in the forums, but they will say they are "keep the surprise" or whatever, i think the harsh complaints of bfa made then be mor

7+ Year Old Account
    The forum color would go well with your current aesthetic

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    The forum color would go well with your current aesthetic
    And don't think for a second thats by chance! It's all carefully set up for sure

Tbh if a mod would take action here, they would have to include towelie's "teehee I was right", too. Until we know more, it's nothing but baseless baiting only backed up by maybe having inside contacts, and even if the Alpha/Beta starts next week, we can never be sure he actually knew more than we did.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    I think you are being harsh and not thinking like some other logical posters on this thread. Reason it has been week after week is because we should have already been in the Alpha. I don't know if you notice what's going on in the world but a lot has happened that has dampened A LOT of plans. Also I have never actually predicted Alpha is going to be week after week. As a matter of fact and VODS will show I was reinforcing since the first week of March there would be NO alpha in March as well as NO Alpha on 4/1 and 4/2 since people saw Asmongolds return as the Alpha date. I think it is a matter maybe not fabricating falsified information toward me or other content creators. You guys create our own hype. I have been letting people know when it is NOT happening as to not set their expectations high.
    If I sound harsh, it's probably because I let facts sway me since I'm a mechanical engineer, which means a lot of numbers, physics, and otherwise.

Experimental probability still says you might pull a jericho, so I apologize if I do sound a tad wary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this threads about to die until Monday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Well this threads about to die until Monday morning.
    But monday will be glorious.

10+ Year Old Account
    A blast from the past, i can feel it!

[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Yeah, BfA and Legion = both "barebones" if going by the Blizzcon Demo.

Tbf, this is the same debate every expansion. Every expansion there's people going by the Blizzcon demo to claim "It's a barebones expansion!" and the next expansion it starts over again.
    Bring the Shadowlands demo was more complete in terms of class play because you got all classes available with the first covenant ability

- - - Updated - - -

we did got dungeons from shadowlands?

class info is almost nonexistent

islands and warfronts were conceptual but we did get a good look on then, maw, covenant, is rly shallow
    We got a full list of dungeons some looks at each one and the info that we got for the Maw and for the covenants is much more than we got for the armor for islands and for war fronts

In terms of class play style people got to play every single class with the new covenant ability they are still going to do some iterations but we at least know some abilities that are coming back which again is more than the last two reveals at the convention

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    If I sound harsh, it's probably because I let facts sway me since I'm a mechanical engineer, which means a lot of numbers, physics, and otherwise.

Experimental probability still says you might pull a jericho, so I apologize if I do sound a tad wary.
    The facts are that this sky has correctly predicted a lot in the past and unlike he who shall not be named he did it for more than one expansion

- - - Updated - - -

So I have been toying with the idea of why they might have a class hidden and my only thought is that it is extremely tied to the story and they did not want to spoil it

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Tbf, this is the same debate every expansion. Every expansion there's people going by the Blizzcon demo to claim "It's a barebones expansion!" and the next expansion it starts over again.
    People have to remember that, yes, the features discussion for Shadowlands was pretty sparce, but that's also because Blizzard admits it's biggest mistake was detailing the mechanics of Azerite Armor too early in BFA's production & by the time players were exposed to it they were locked in. So Shadowlands intentionally has a more fluid approach.

That being said, the fact the installer listing two alpha client worries me. It points to them encrypting more content in the alpha for the sake of "spoilers" but honestly, encrypting the war campaign finale made it so much more disappointing. Encrypting it hyped it up more & was just more of the same. I'm against encrypting any spoilers besides raid cinematics. Just let the people who want to be spoiled be spoiled.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    I know it's cool to hate on any content creator besides maybe Preach, but Bellular CLEARLY puts a ton of effort into editing and scripting and making long substantive videos about either mechanics or the lore.

As for when Alpha comes, I am gonna hope next week that way there is still a possibility for a November release with ~7 months of testing.
    his content is 90% clickbait
    5% restating what we know
    5% restating speculation from smaller youtubers
    and an extra 20% of trying to work around his ego

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    his content is 90% clickbait
    5% restating what we know
    5% restating speculation from smaller youtubers
    and an extra 20% of trying to work around his ego
    This is absolutely true, but I do give a pass to the bad speculating all wow youtubers have been doing lately when we've been absolutely bereft of wow content to talk about for an extended amount of time now