Page 8 of 338 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It was a redirect from here;
    https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards...craft/79111796
    Maybe they were wrong. I suppose everyone will find out soon enough. And likely be disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    For some reason their link worked but yours didn't. But yeah I feel like we would have been swamped in threads about a new class if this were true especially since nobody has been able to test it for balancing.
    I confess I hope this "hell knight" class is real. It'll get away from the idea of turning the game into EQ or FF.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    You say there's no reason to go through each class/subclass, but that's like, just your opinion man.

I think it's pretty interesting to look at the factors that make classes more or less likely to happen. You think that it's just down to appeal/story/requests, but I think there's a little bit more going on, and appeal is a pretty complicated one that deserves to be looked at more, particularly. Blizzard are, to a significant degree, able to influence what appeals to people.

I wasn't around much just before MoP, because I quit in the first half of Cataclysm. But certainly in earlier discussions of future WoW classes, I didn't see a Monk-type class being dismissed for the reasons you suggested (though a couple of people did say similar things, they were not persuasive).

I was around for the DH discussions, and hardly anyone bought the "it's just a rogue and a lock" argument, and I certainly didn't.
    The Dh discussion is not one discussion it was just used everytime and the most common argument against the dh class always was just that, rogue and lock combined. The Dh class was requested for a long time and yet they still happened regardless of those arguments. I even remember something where before wrath people argued over the abillity Death coil, since locks already had that. I think this was an argument against the dk class. They even changed the name eventually which was unthinkable years ago.

Monks just had similar discussions and ofc people who were dismissive of the idea and the one I brought up I have seen alot before mop. The people who were against those classes always go silent aftherwards so thats wht you never see them again aftherwards.

Its fun going through multiple class ideas, but some things that were mentioned just feel like they dont matter. I am talking about reasons why certaint options are bad or w/e. It's not like we have 100 of options or 50 even, there are realy a select few that get the most attention.

That is an opinion and I believe that even an unlikely option such as Dark Ranger or spellbreaker can still happen if the story lends itself to them. That is always the awnser they give when they get questions like that. Thats why it feels pointless to put them side by side and which has more to pull from, Dhs you can argue also didn't have alot to pull from, but they still realy wanted to put in the Dh class and also fanservice. So with that said it's just a matter of time before more options like my examples are added imo.

For example if they add in a super cool looking spellbreaker they know the spellbreaket hype would increase. So yes they can realy influence players for sure. But this game is 16+ years old and we had warcraft rts stories before that , so people had time to root for the certain archtype available. Examples are Illidan, arthas, but also Sylvanas. Two of the three are playable now. It just fuels those discussion for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-11-17 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    We need a Bard!
    I know it will probably never happen, but Bard is my favorite generic fantasy class archetype and its a shame its not in WoW.

tinker. wears mail. has 4 specs (tank, Mdps, Rdps, and healer.)
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

ALWAYS wanted a geomancer.
    I dont understand why the earth-element is som badly represented om shaman and druid.

Throw boulders, pebbles, sand, put up walls, tunneling underground, construct a Minions.
    Perhaps add inn more plant-stuff with poison,trees and vines

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    I dont understand why the earth-element is som badly represented om shaman and druid.

Throw boulders, pebbles, sand, put up walls, tunneling underground, construct a Minions.
    Sand storms and sand bolt should be a must!
    I like this

Could add in Avatar logic with metal binding to Geomancer, have it be the Tank spec.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account

all your ideas remind me of avatar. literally all your ideas

Grandmaster Tidestout
    <Stand Tall>US-Stormrage

Bard I would love for a true support class, with 3 spec. One spec for solo just plain melee class, second one hybrid for 5man can do damage and buff others and third spec that they only play on these instrument to buff other players. Can't neither do damage or heal, in that spec. Think it could be a fun spec to play around timing when to use specific buffs and perhaps debuff on boss.

No bards!
    Go back to EQ dammit.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think the tinker is the class that fits best into the current set of classes/themes we have playable, obviously it won't happen durring the shadowlands, and if blizz really wanted to add them they would've done so in conjunction with mechagon. So i doubt we'll get them.

i do think the dragonsworn would require a lot of setup to work, as a lot of players don't know what they're about (aside from dragons).

since i've seen a few mentions about a 4th spec for classes: that will never happen instead of a new class! +1 spec would be +12 spec's to balance (instead of 2-3 on a new class)

The most likely thing to happen is class skins. Want a Necromancer? Skin your Demo warlock to summon undead instead of demons with some changed (maybe even only recolored) ability effects. Done!
    Dark ranger? MM hunter with some shadowy animations, and red glowing eyes.
    you could achieve many requested themes this way!
    Last edited by Arabus80; 2020-11-18 at 01:02 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Classes I like are Shadow Hunter and Tinker
    necromancer by popular demand I guess

Another one i'd like to see is something akin to a Bard or a Final Fantasy Red Mage

Of course, implementing these bring their own set of problems
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Necromancer would be my first pick, with bard coming a close second.

You have no idea how "unique" the tinker class' gameplay is because the class does not exist. No one does. It's fine if you personally prefer a class over all the other options, but let's not make up falsehoods.
    We've been thru this already, no matter how you spin it, tinker will be unique because there isn't a single class that deals with "mechanisms". And it does exists on island expeditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    Tinkerer like most said is the only class that I feel would make the most sense in terms of not 'feeling' like any other class while still being in the wow universe.

Also I agree that they have way too many classes at this point. I also believe the allied races were a bad idea as well, but that's just me. Too much bloat in terms of who can be what and what there is to choose from. If only they would have introduced them instead of monks

I am glad you aren't making the game. I have a feeling it would be boring as hell. Not EVERYONE wants this game to keep going and not have new classes for flavor or keep having their most fun abilities be pruned away. Diversity isn't for everyone.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Obviously it is Tinker, until we get it...then it is the worst thing ever and Blizzard just listening to shills and fanbois...

....or something

Why the mail obsession and "we only have 2 mail classes"? With personal loot and all?
    More armour appearances. The other armour types have a wide range of themes, but hunter/shaman often have similar themes, so they have a much more limited lot of appearances to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    i hope they don't come up with a new class ebfore they fix the current ones which are even with borrowed powers a shallow self of what they used to be in MoP and even in WoD if theey somewhat fix current classes they can come up with whatever they want

NEWS FLASH-----Blizzard will never fix the classes that are currently out. Why???? Because Blizzard sucks fat ass when it comes to balancing this game. They will never ever be able to balance this game.....Like Never. So waiting for the classes to be fixed just won't happen.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Blizzard can't make all current specs and classes balanced AND fun, surv hunter as an example so before we get a new class, let's fix the ones we have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Void Knight

As it stands now, the Void is the ONLY cosmic force that does not have its own unique class. Meanwhile...

Death: Death Knight
    Fel: Warlock, Demon Hunter
    Light: Paladin, Priest (2 specs)
    Life: Druid, possibly Shaman and Hunter (as they are both connected to the elements and/or the animal life)
    Arcane: Mage (all 3 specs are derived from the Arcane)

Void? It has no unique class. It only has Shadow Priest, which is ONE SPEC of the Priest class.

Lorewise, we already have examples of Paladin-esque figures serving in the Twilight's Hammer, the apocalyptic cult that worships the Old Gods, who are beings of pure Void. These individuals are known as Twilight Vindicators.

Logically, 10.0 will be about the Void Lords. A Void-based class would therefore be the perfect tie-in, and it would be introduced to the Alliance and Horde by the Ren'dorei and Shadowmoon Mag'har respectively.

As well, marketing-wise, the trope of "Black Knight" tends to be massively popular and attract A LOT of people. One only needs to look at the massive hype that Death Knight, another class that fits this trope, generated.
    While Warlocks do use Fel Fire they are also versed in Shadow which is Void... hence Shadowbolt and Voidwalkers. Likewise Death Knights are trained in Death, Frost and Shadow in the form of Blood Leaching. Death Knights also fill the "Black Knight" trope hence too much overlap.

No, a new class will probably be Tinkerer (one who tinkers).
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    While Warlocks do use Fel Fire they are also versed in Shadow which is Void... hence Shadowbolt and Voidwalkers. Likewise Death Knights are trained in Death, Frost and Shadow in the form of Blood Leaching. Death Knights also fill the "Black Knight" trope hence too much overlap.

No, a new class will probably be Tinkerer (one who tinkers).
    Shadow is not necessarily Void ("Shadow" as a term has been used to refer to both the Lich King and the Legion in the past). Voidwalker is ONE ability that they have, that's it. If that's your argument for "A Void class is already in the game", then we need 2 Void classes, since the Light has 2 classes. As for the Death Knights, their energies all come from the domain of Death.

If Void Knights overlap with Death Knights, then Warlocks overlap with Demon Hunters...
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-11-18 at 02:43 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    I am glad you aren't making the game. I have a feeling it would be boring as hell. Not EVERYONE wants this game to keep going and not have new classes for flavor or keep having their most fun abilities be pruned away. Diversity isn't for everyone.
    You are totally right, we should just keep going until we run out of ideas as well as subs

Ever heard of the saying "kiss"?