Poll: What problem will happen?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    There's always some issue(s), always have been. Even though this is technically 'old content', there's been a lot of updates and modernizations done to TBC, as well as trying to get it to run on a different infrastructure than wasn't present over a decade ago. If I had the option, I would've have selected All of the Above, as the chances of one or more of the polled items occurring is very high.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Just typical blizzard, cant even get something right they have already done before LOL. LOVE how they keep changing the time washout any word as to why. I will guarantee many people will think that's the time it always said.
    Then they are stupid since the post clearly says extended, which means there was a time before it was originally set at

https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/statu...96943403065347
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Then they are stupid since the post clearly says extended, which means there was a time before it was originally set at

https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/statu...96943403065347
    I mean they will not realize its been extended twice now, for a total of 6 hours. It will not surprise me if its still down tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    I mean they will not realize its been extended twice now, for a total of 6 hours. It will not surprise me if its still down tomorrow.
    Exteneded 7 hours, not 6.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Whelp servers won't be up until 1AM EST now.

So much for playing it today, Something major must have happen for it to be this bad.
    I reckon it's the AH. I can't remember whether or not they paused the AH before previous expansions prepatches but I know they definitely have not done it recently (last few expansions)

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I reckon it's the AH. I can't remember whether or not they paused the AH before previous expansions prepatches but I know they definitely have not done it recently (last few expansions)
    It could be a lot of things.

They are snapshotting the entire server data when servers went down. New servers are coming up if people select remain on classic era their data will move to those new servers which now are also going to be connected with other servers, those who select progress to TBC will stay on their current server.

And to do any clone / transfer of a character players mailboxes need to be empty I believe which is why I'm assuming they didn't want AH items going to the mail and closed it days before pre-patch where this choice had to be made, stay, progress or clone.

Looks like an extra day of gametime will be added
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Theeyyyyy were nottttt preeeepaaaaared
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

cant wait for the tbc launch to be this fucked

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Looks like an extra day of gametime will be added
    is there a precedent for them doing that? would be cool but yeah if they haven't before in a similar situation they won't now

and just like that, another push back. Lol

is there a precedent for them doing that? would be cool but yeah if they haven't before in a similar situation they won't now
    They used to give gametime days back in 2006/2007 because these type of extended maintenance happened a bit, but that was denial of game service to a singular game back then. They may not do it now because frankly Shadowlands is still their flagship current MMO which service is available.
    Last edited by AidanJLowe; 2021-05-19 at 12:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol 4 more hours.

I'm saying it's because of the in-game purchases. It's the only thing NOT tested in beta. Come on. Lets admit it. It was the fact I can't buy the deluxe edition right now. It's because I can't buy the boost.

It's the store that's causing the delay.

they did this a fair amount in the old days of vanilla/tbc/wotlk

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Might see server queues but pretty much no other issues, as always.
    This attempt at butt licking aged well...

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    yeah, was 3pm, then 6pm, now 10pm.

I mean, this is entirely new territory for them, probably some issue with the clone system. Oh well, we can always jump on Retail and hate ourselves even more
    dunno how the cloning would be an issue,likely far more people make ptr copies every few months...

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    This attempt at butt licking aged well...
    How is it butt licking?

10+ Year Old Account
    Current contenders:

Clone issues
    Connection issues between Classic Era servers
    Auction House issues
    Store (Deluxe Edition, Clone, and Dark Portal Edition) issues
    Snapshot issues

the store actually seems to be the most logical because, as Scelero said, there was NO public testing of it at all. But at the same time it seems the absolute stupidest thing to delay the servers coming up.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Current contenders:

Clone issues
    Connection issues between Classic Era servers
    Auction House issues
    Store (Deluxe Edition, Clone, and Dark Portal Edition) issues
    Snapshot issues

the store actually seems to be the most logical because, as Scelero said, there was NO public testing of it at all. But at the same time it seems the absolute stupidest thing to delay the servers coming up.
    Korea and Taiwan are already up and running... guess N.America got the window licker devs?