Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Of course man. Keep up the good work man. Thoughts on the city so far?

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder what the city looks like at night.

Also, the fact that this city is still a bit early in development regarding detail in some areas proves to me that this may be one of the best cities in the game. Sucks Karabor and Bladespire from WoD still aren't cities, but areas like this more than make up for it.
    I think the city looks great. Just a general observation on my part even though we have had only one week of testing. Everything feels much more like warcraft than shadowlands did. I remember logging into the shadowlands beta and just feeling put off. This I'm looking forward to new things. It feels like it belongs in the world.

Obviously this is preference on my part because I know what I like, but if I feel this way during alpha I'm excited to see whats coming in the next few weeks.

Should have a new build tomorrow.

Do you guys think we're going to see more class/spec trees this week? I really want to see the warlock tree.

I also love how magical and enchanting the city feels. The Titan architecture, the life, the colors, this city doesn't feel "ok". It feeds FANTASTICAL!!! HUGE! It literally makes Oribos look like dogshit, and it shows that Blizzard CAN make a full fledged city with care and effort when they want to.

Poor Karabor and Bladespire are prime examples of wasted potential on that part
    We knew that already. The entire game was made by thrm. Oribos was suppose to be simple.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by Speedblast View Post
    Do you guys think we're going to see more class/spec trees this week? I really want to see the warlock tree.
    Up in the air. I hope so. Theres a chance for more classes and maybe dungeons every week we get a new build. We just know what zones they are focusing on ultimately week to week via a community manager post. Just depends if they are ready or not.

someone take the darkmoon dark sky vial to valdrakken for the love of god
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by BigHeroSixy View Post
    From what I've noticed it said different things for Friday and Saturday(Idk why it swapped I think it was related to reset time). Different party sizes for it. Might be related to the tea party those dragons were having.
    Even something similar to the Ember court, with weekly or even daily replay value, would be amazing.

Oh by the way. Where exactly on the map is this city located? Any idea how one gets to it early in the expansion, since I doubt it’s for (or hope it’s not for) level 70s only?

Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    Even something similar to the Ember court, with weekly or even daily replay value, would be amazing.

Oh by the way. Where exactly on the map is this city located? Any idea how one gets to it early in the expansion, since I doubt it’s for (or hope it’s not for) level 70s only?

Not sure if you see it earlier but you get sent there after azure span and I was level 68 then. You probably do it seems to be a place you will go to a few times in the process. For the continent the city is on the right side in Thaldraszus. In that zone its on the left side directly across from the first raid entrance which is to the east.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedblast View Post
    i mean i would hope so but this next build is also supposed to have the evoker starter area so idk if there will be anything else

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Also, I understand it makes sense for the story, but I'm surprised that the final boss of Vault of the Incarnates is just one of the Incarnates, aka a fancy Protodrake.
    They're supposed to be the elemental equivalent of the Aspects, and it looks like he's going to be set up throughout the leveling experience, so he seems to be a big enough villain.

Though I was kind of expecting to fight all four of them in the first tier, not just one. With three of them unfought so far, I think they'll be the major expansion-spanning threat now, with their leader Galakrond returning somehow as the final boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldryth View Post
    They're supposed to be the elemental equivalent of the Aspects, and it looks like he's going to be set up throughout the leveling experience, so he seems to be a big enough villain.

Though I was kind of expecting to fight all four of them in the first tier, not just one. With three of them unfought so far, I think they'll be the major expansion-spanning threat now, with their leader Galakrond returning somehow as the final boss.
    The thing is, they were supposed to be the elemental equivalent of the Aspects and a at a similar power level that the Aspects had when they left the Dragon Isles so BEFORE the creation of the Dragon Soul. THus they should be FAR stronger than the Aspects we've met. Pre-Dragon Soul Aspects were strong enough to completely turn the tides in the War of the Ancients. So the primals should be close to the level of Azshara and just below KJ.

7+ Year Old Account
    Jesus, the cloth pvp sets look amazing.

Significantly better than the jumbo shoulders priest tier set.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2022-07-19 at 07:24 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Well the thing is, Blizzard agrees with us and disagrees with you. The Nessingwary quests were a remnant of the old team and the new team literally retired him and changed his point of view about hunting animals for fun. Which is a good change =)
    So portraits of women were also problematic and a remnant of the old team and the new team had to change them to fruit bowls because reasons. I guess you think that was a good change as well, amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

My only fear once again is that all these wonderful color variations on the tier and PvP sets will be wasted by making only one color Mythic and one Elite, and downgrading the rest by removing ornaments and glows. I remember Shadowlands alpha and being excited for the Nathria gear until a later build removed the glows for everything below Mythic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    So portraits of women were also problematic and a remnant of the old team and the new team had to change them to fruit bowls because reasons. I guess you think that was a good change as well, amirite?
    I don't care for old gameboy graphics portraits that got changed. But yeah, stuff like the black temple or karazhan changes were indeed awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Interestingly enough, we have 5 different recolours for pvp, together with a BfA/Shadowlands style "one set per armour class" which honestly fits pvp better anyways (as it's quite hard to get all your pvp elite sets compared to mythic stuff that you can just farm the next expansion). Wonder how they will distribute them - different colours for different classes, or for different rating, or for different kind of pvp content (solo q, 2v2, 3v3, rbg, elite?).

Also let's hope they also do M+ elite sets this time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post
    My only fear once again is that all these wonderful color variations on the tier and PvP sets will be wasted by making only one color Mythic and one Elite, and downgrading the rest by removing ornaments and glows. I remember Shadowlands alpha and being excited for the Nathria gear until a later build removed the glows for everything below Mythic.

Yeah they need to stop with the removing of cool glow effects just to gimp lower difficulties. Such a waste of good art. Atleast with Sepulcher it seems they dialed back on that a bit as all the recolours look great.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

That city video, the Dragonriding customization menu.

The model in the customization screen is way different than the live model, in more ways than just the tail shape. It should put to rest of of the playdoh complaints if the customization screen is how they are supposed to look.

10+ Year Old Account

I just know that's gonna be the Elite version and the normal one will not be nearly as cool.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt it's a hint to anything tbh

- - - Updated - - -

Oooooo

- - - Updated - - -

This City looks nice!
    Funny how the guards the ones we all wanted to play, actually DO look better then the drakthyr.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Funny how the guards the ones we all wanted to play, actually DON'T look better then the drakthyr.
    Fixed that for you

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    I'm glad that they decided to allow Dracthyr to ride on their dragon form, the enormity of the ridiculous enforced disguise for riding was honestly my biggest gripe with the entire race/class.
    I hope they keep also the option to turn visage after combat, I would hate to lose that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Funny how the guards the ones we all wanted to play, actually DO look better then the drakthyr.
    The Dracthyr look fine.
    Last edited by Kiria; 2022-07-19 at 08:33 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Also I'm totally in love with the blue tints both from pve and pvp. This looks like a propper "Sindragosa Frostwyrm Visage Form Set"

Really hoping the blue one isn't the elite one haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    I hope they keep also the option to turn visage after combat, I would hate to lose that.
    It seems like you can do that with the toggle (lets hope they also implement it for our Worgen friends!).

In the next build, Dracthyr will no longer switch to Visage when getting on a mount, flight path, etc. Additionally, they will have a new racial ability called Chosen Identity that you can “Activate to automatically assume your Visage when you leave combat or after Soaring.” Chosen Identity will stay toggled on until manually deactivated. As a note, existing Alpha characters may not have Chosen Identity learned.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eldryth View Post

So you say, somehow, Galakrond returned?

#TEAMGIRAFFE