Page 24 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Tohono payed Annya another smile and patted her on shoulder. She then proceeded to put her helmet on again and slammed the empty mug on the bar counter.

"Until next time then, Annya. Stay safe."

Tohono quickly left the bar with a new-found determination. She was actually looking forward to the next evening and meeting the elf again.

Sora found the idea of a highborn Lady like Annya learning the combat arts from a cow distasteful to say the least, "I last saw our fair city when I left with Prince Kael'thas on his expedition to the Outlands. It has been many long years. I see you are interested in the arts martial. If you wish to learn the Sin'dorei way, I am a blademaster and well capable of assisting your training in longer blades than the cow seems able to. I would be honored to act as your instructor in these matters."
    Death is the only true release, the only real freedom.

Sora Dawnblade Bio. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...94#post8142294

Shaza'Kiel Bio. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...69#post8342969

Arcturis turned his gaze to Valea and with a smile that exposed his unnaturaly sharp canines he answered, while also contributing to the speech with hand gestures, amplifying the effect:

" Well, ye' , I am of Gilnean descent. When the Shattering occured and the forsaken invaded my home I was forced to flee and after a long, exciting journey filled with heroic deeds like drinking, visiting brothels and the like I found myself in the biggest goblin town of the Eastern Kingdoms. I came here, first because it tends to rain alot, which reminds me of my home, second because I like running through an endless, green jungle and the reasons keep on coming, as I love painting nature and the locals are nothing but savages, easy to steal from... I make my living through undertaking numerous requests... as an example, 2 days ago, a man was challenged to a duel to the death by a much stronger foe. Since I couldn't show up as a replacement for my client, I had to use a mind-numbing poison on my client's oponent, which allowed him to defeat his opponent, but NOT kill him.

I specially mentioned this in the contract...I may sometimes be a thief" and with an angelic smile:"but I am not a murderer."

Deleted
    "Hrmph. Elves." Korya stretched her legs and left the establishment. Still, this should be fun to watch. But what would a savage know?

Dusk decided he would perform a small experiment, get intoxicated and then see how people regarded him. He was a little nervous, he told his mother that he would never do drugs, he had never even had a cup of coffee since he left Stormwind. He went up to the barkeep.

"I'll have a Kaja-Cola and Rumsey-Rum, in a tall glass with a lime wedge" Dusk says.
    Last edited by Helljumper; 2011-07-10 at 02:20 PM.

Hector was still sitting in a corner of the Bar, but as it seemed no one of interest was here at the moment. He sighed, yanked the dagger that held his sign out of the table and picked up the paper. He walked out of the Bar and nearly ran into a huge troll on his way out. The troll had to duck to fit into the tavern door. He was clad only in leather pants and had his feet bound with white cloth straps. He carried a greatsword that would be too much to lift for many, and impossible to fight with for even more. Roho approached the Bar and set down on a stool. he leaned his weapon against the counter and turned to face into the room. He took a close look at the more outstanding patrons and then turned back to the Barkeeper that approached him.

"Beer."

Roho picked a small coin from his pocket and handed it to the barkeep.
    Last edited by Khorianas; 2011-07-10 at 02:35 PM.

Deleted
    Annya had considered going to bed, it had been a long and exciting day afterall. She was just moving towards the staircase of the tavern, the innkeeper had promised her one of his finest rooms on the top floor, when she spotted the troll entering the tavern. She froze in place, terrified, stories her father had told her of Trolls sacrifing children and eating their remains during feasts spinning through her head.
    Instinctively, she gripped her bludgeon so hard her knuckles hurt as they turned white and her breath quickened. The Troll however, simply moved to the Bar and seemed to be purchasing a drink just like everyone else...

Annya tried to fight her curiousity.. "I've allready spoken to a Tauren today... I might aswell go all in and approach a Troll too... Light! If Father could see me now he would turn in his grave." She thought to herself.

Slowly she moved back towards the bar, eyeing the Troll nervously, and took a stool two paces from him. She sat there fumbling her jeweled ring while trying to think of a way to start a conversation with a Troll!

Roho took a sip of his beer as it was delivered and took a look around. The place was not half as bad. No graveyards that near and the spirits were not anxious about anyone in here now. As his gaze hit Annya he felt some kind of unrest in her. He saw her nervous fumbling and smiled at her, trying not to bare his teeth too much. He roe his glass at her and bowed his head slightly.

Deleted
    Valea realized that she had spent a long time reading her book, She considered going to the room she had rented by the Barkeep, there she could continue her study and rest until she was supposed to meet her.... Contact.

She got up and pushed her chair in under the table, packed up her stuff and kindly scratched the bunny behind its ears.

She looked around the friendly and mild crowded bar, while she thought for herself, What a nice day it has been, not like that day I spent in Rachet while traveling here.

She walked towards the bar, for a last drink before descending to her room.

Another Northshire Honey ale, Mr. Barkeep.

She look towards Annya with a smile on her lips. Funny elf. Wonder what business brought her here, and what adventures might meet her on her way. She thought to herself.

She inspected the troll with a stern look, wondering who he might be and why he was here.

The tavern door opened gently, as a tall blood elf silently entered. "Hmph. Savages that never read a book. " He had golden eyes and long, blonde hair. He lacked any facial hair and wore red, flame-patterned robes http://www.wowpedia.org/images/9/9a/Supernova.jpg

He walked to the bar and sat between the troll and the blood elf, and said with a warm, calm voice: " A glass of cold, Eversong wine "

Thalarian then pulled a book out of nowhere, and began reading it, but not before inspecting his stool neighbours with the corner of his eye.

10+ Year Old Account
    "One glass ah cold Eversong drink comin right up me matey." After the bartender poured the drink he handed it to the elf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Darieu walked into the bar slowly. Panting a little labored, as if coming from a fresh fight. Clad mostly in plate armor from the waist down and his arms. His chest was bare save for the leather harness and the embersilk bandages around his chest, some in need of changing. The warrior simply grinned behind some of his newly acquired gear. The Skull Piercer pauldrons were dented and scratched while blood splattered along the roaring helm of Bethekk. He slowly strapped Jeklik's smasher to his back and walked to one of the more secluded tables, deciding to lean back in the chair and rest the back of it against the wall as he rested. Shocking this massive orc was running around in Zul'gurub picking fights and seeming to come back alive from them with armor and weaponry. His large hand went to his helm to pull it off and rest the helm on the table. He chuckles to himself as the battle trance comes to a slow halt, bringing him from that adrenaline fueled euphoria down to reality. He made it to a tavern, yes.. civilization where food and drink could be smelled easily. He chuckles to himself and wipes his blood and sweat smeared face.
    "You might as well stand and fight because if you run, you will only die tired" - Vern Jocque - Sei Shin Kan.

Darieu Rp Profile

As Darieu entered the room, many heads turned towards his massive figure. So did Roho's. The warrior inside the troll respected the orc. The whole aura of pride and combat experience surrounding him appealed to the warrior in him, but to the esthetician the whole concept was a bit repelling. Carrying your opponents blood around as a trophy, rotting on your skin, that was not of his liking. Even if fighting was everyones daily work now in Azeroth, it ended lives. And in the end all spirits had to be respected. As these thoughts crossed his mind he inspected the orc closely but then turned away again, shortly gripping the pommel of his weapon. He visibly calmed down when he touched the weapon. The expression on his face seemed content.

Thalarian couldn't help but shudder at the unmistakable stench of clogged blood and sweat.

He put downhis book and gazed at the orc that just entered the crowded tavern.

" Yet another bloodthirsty savage. Surely there must be some kind of cultured person in this port." Thalarian thought.

He then turned around to face Roho.

" Bal'a dash, malanore . Greetings, traveler. My name is Thalarian Suntreader. What brings you to the rainy south? "

"Fighting sadly. But the spirits called me to de old Zul. Their priests need to stop. That is why I am here. But at the moment I need quiet. Sorry my orcish is not good. I'm Roho."

The troll was not opposed to a nice chat, if it distracted him from the spirits that haunted him since he fought near Zul'Gurub.

" Oh, I see. But we must all someday put the bad memories behind us, and enjoy our lives: not too many years ago, I felt into a deep sorrow, but I began traveling the world . In the end, I managed to put my heart to rest . Look around you, it is a beautiful world. The charm of the sunrise can heal even the most damaged mind. I hope you find your peace ".

" Here's to you Roho" and Thalarian lifted his drink with a bow of his head and sipped from his wine.

"Oh t'is not that easy. Friend dies, friend is buried, friend is mourned. Time passes, you feel better. But for me t'is not over. I leave spirits, but they no leave me. I can hear spirits and see them, Tauren told me I'm spirit talker. I hear what dey say, and feel. Tauren told me to talk, calm dem. But many spirits angered now. World of the living is restless, so is world of spirits. I feel sorry for both. T'is okay, but if spirits are too loud, I must go. Not many understand. Not many know, how this is."

Roho tried to better convey the meaning of his words with gestures. Sometimes he regretted that his Taurahe was better than his orcish. But it were talks like this that helped him improve it and the elf seemed like an interesting partner for a conversation so he tried. Roho was always so worried about people thinking he was possessed or crazy, that he completely overlooked to ask the elf about his travels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Darieu quietly walked up to the bar. The steady clomp of his plate boots like drums in his mind. The smell of old blood drying on his skin and his sweat against his own form. He slipped a hand down to the coin purse at his hip. He withdrew a few gold coins and stacked them in a neat pillar as he pushed them to the bar keep. He glanced at the two that were watching him. Not much would have been said if at all. He looks to the blood elf, the orc had ears and knew how to listen. "Bal'a dash, malanore... Sindorei.." He pronounced with near perfect annunciation. He closed his eyes and rest speaks to the barkeep "I need a bath, please.. and if I can find some incense.. I wish to make offering to those I've brought to their gods.. " He adds a second stack of gold coins. "Thank you.." he looks to the troll There wasn't much one could say but he would try "Those who I could talk out of becoming Atal'Hakkar or followers of Jin'doh the god breaker... had left... others were far to gone to persuade. I wish to mourn the misguided"
    "You might as well stand and fight because if you run, you will only die tired" - Vern Jocque - Sei Shin Kan.

Darieu Rp Profile

Thalarian was surprised to hear Thalassian words coming from an orc's mouth. And what an orc he was! He would have never thought the bloody, sweaty creature would have known his ancient, beloved language.

"Sinu a'manore ((Well met.)) warrior. I am gently surprised that you speak Thalassian, even if it is just a bit, or moreso if you speak it fluently.
    My name is Thalarian Suntreader, and next to me is Roho. Feel free to join us, if you would like to."

And then turning to the troll: " I am a mage, a scholar of the arcane. I do not directly commune with the spirits and the elements, so I cannot fully imagine how you feel. But when my loved ones were murdered, I used to dream about them asking me to avenge them. When I took part in The War against the Lich King, I felt like I fought for something, like I had a reason to live. Vengeance was the only thing I hoped for. When the betrayer fell, although I wasn't there to deliver the killing blow I dreamt so many times I would, I found myself at peace and the dreams stopped. You musn't let your inner demons overpower you, or you will reach madness ".

Then, with a long sigh: "But let us forget the problems of the world outside this tavern for a moment. Let us drink for the beauty of the world and for the cozy, warm feeling that friendship gives to you. ", he said, lifting his glass and bowing his head.

Although he lived for three hundred years, Thalarian wasn't much of a speaker. But he hoped his honest words were enough to gather a few friends and comfort the Troll in his fight with his inner demons.

Last edited by pateuvasiliu; 2011-07-12 at 01:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Darieu shook his head softly as he continued to speak in Thalassian "I am honored to be allowed to sit with you both and join in drink. I cannot. The blood of his kin may be macbre for him, but to me.. They were honorable, they fought for what they believed in, no matter the cause. I am personally saddened that these lives I've taken.. could not have been saved.. so I have lost my battles as well, in a sense.." He bowed his head and took the keys for his room and a bucket of his needed things for incense and cleaning up. "Al diel shala, to the both of you." He cleared his throat and spoke in orcish "I found these.." Darieu rested a few small keystones and bijou onto the bar counter and pushed them towards the troll "I hope they are of some help to you.." Darieu pressed away from the bar, the lumbering frame and stature showing signs of fatigue and his wounds screaming at him. His own blood seeping through the embersilk bandages. The warrior quietly walks his way up the steps towards his room, unsure whether he'd come back down after a hot bath and some time to plea for safe travels for the departed.
    Last edited by Darieu; 2011-07-12 at 09:53 PM. Reason: fixed coloring issue

Darieu Rp Profile