Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Demon Soul farming. 7-9 months

What do you guys think? Will this raid hold you till MoP hits in june, july, or august?

Is it worth $90-120?

10+ Year Old Account
    absolutely not... we one shot 2 out of the 4 bosses we did last night. 3-4 shot the other 2 (8/10 of us were there without seeing the fights before or watching vids)

the instance so far has been a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Dashield28 View Post
    absolutely not... we one shot 2 out of the 4 bosses we did last night. 3-4 shot the other 2 (8/10 of us were there without seeing the fights before or watching vids)

Hey remember what you tell us Rift guys....Quality of quantity. I am sure it will get harder. It can't be that bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbully View Post
    What do you guys think? Will this raid hold you till MoP hits in june, july, or august?

Is it worth $90-120?
    No, I saw this lack of content before the patch hit and I'm a subscriber no more =)

we started raiding 9 eastern, ended 11 eastern with a 30 min break in between. we one shot first 5 and killed 6th on 3rd attempt.

this place is a joke of an instance, maybe heroic will be a challenge. this place is on the level of naxx
    ''If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.'' Quoted from-

It's pretty hard to say how long it will last without seeing how hard HMs are.
    Not really fair to judge how hard or easy something is by looking only at how quickly advanced players blow through the first fights of the normal modes...

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentsatellite View Post
    Not really fair to judge how hard or easy something is by looking only at how quickly advanced players blow through the first fights of the normal modes...
    Isn't normal supposed to be normal? Isn't LFR for easy mode? If the place is like Naxx, Blizz already said that was too easy..

15+ Year Old Account
    Have fun!

Honestly, people enjoying the game won't mind it from my experience.

In fact, If I still played I would probably not care(I'd rather have instances relevant throughout the entire expansion), aslong as they didn't keep doing those "Everyone has to see the content" -nerfs. That they will continue though, so yeah... Have fun!

its possible to clear Dragon Soul in 1 day... so I probably wont be around for long

Normal mode gets cleared first day? no way, that has never happend before :O

/sarcasm.

There is a harder difficulty for a reason.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentsatellite View Post
    Hardmodes should not be the default mode for a raid instance, especially since it is the last one of the expansion. Normal modes are pretty much a joke anymore and offer little in terms of a meaningful challenge.

wowprogress.

Full clear in around 2h30m in both /10 or /25.

Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Fmp View Post
    Normal mode gets cleared first day? no way, that has never happend before :O

/sarcasm.

There is a harder difficulty for a reason.
    This isn't at all like 13/13 T11 guilds clearing FL reg on launch day back in August. Guilds that were 1/7H post-nerf fully cleared DS yesterday.

DS is on Naxx-80 level of easy. Actually, it's probably easier, since Naxx at least had the dancemaster to block progression for a few wipes.

Normal modes are meant to keep people farming it for months.

Owait.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashield28 View Post

Normal modes have been a joke since the start of Cataclysm -- why should this be any different? Heroic mode is for people that want a challenge.

On-topic: No, it won't last me 7-9 months. It probably won't last me more than a few weeks, since I stopped playing on a regular basis prior to 4.3. It is, however, fun for now and I will enjoy it as long as I want. I'm not going to burn myself out on it.

Also, it probably won't need to last 7-9 months, since we have a new expansion coming soon.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Hello there Mr. Elitist, "things aren't hard enough". Perhaps you missed the patch note, while pouring over strategies online so that you wouldn't have to think for yourself, but since you're obviously so much better than the content, did you know you can turn on heroic mode without having to first clear the instance?!
    I think you were to angry while typing that you missed my post where I said that 8 out of 10 of the people in raid had no idea what the bosses did (including myself... i was MT) the other 2 only knew because they jumped into a LFR before our raid started.

But go ahead and call me an Elitist because I enjoy tough fights and challenging content. It makes the kill that much more enjoyable. I still remember the first yogg kill i ever tanked, after 4 weeks of wiping 2 nights a week. Or LK, or even figuring out Rag on normal for the first week since we cleared to him during the first lockout.

Sorry for wanting to have fun.

Lol ,gotta love people who havent even hit heroics yet complaining about how easy the new raids are ,(while using the new super easy LFR option).
    And we will be seeing the same people talking about heroics being Bugged(wink,wink..too hard) And screaming that blizz nerf them.

Sorry but atm,its almost impossible for people to stay in a raid after one wipe..the majority of players now have no patience.to learn..if it cant be steamrolled then its too hard for them...and then they complain its too easy,We want a challange..Offer a challenge..omg ..nerf nerf nerf.

/chuckle at people defending it so fiercely.

I think it's far too easy, but to each their own, some people like easy. Some people need easy, they can't do more difficult things, and that's fine the game has been headed in that direction for a couple years now, IN MY OPINION.

Good luck to the people who stick it out, I'm sure we'll have HMs cleared in a couple more weeks, and I think that will be good for me on this content, expansion and game. They rushed content out, they should have made it to withstand the test of time, I fear the only people they'll really have left raiding it in another 4+ months will be the ones who signed on for a year to get D3 and a mount.

This is all just my feelings, argue, flame or what have you, I don't really care, just tossing some thoughts out there. Matter of fact, flaming/trolling/trashing my post would go back to the first sentence: /chuckle at people defending it so fiercely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

Even so, alot of the guilds going into it & saying it's too easy are over-geared for the NMs considering the community-wide accessibility level that was 6/7HM T12. Aren't the NMs 'balanced' around a FL NM ilvl (~378) & not FL HM (~389-391+)? Not to mention (from what I've read/seen from people who did the HM testing) some of the DS HM bosses are beyond current ilvls/ability to 'muscle' through... I think Ultraxion HM has a DPS requirement of ~43-45k from each DPS and some of the guilds testing only got to about 40% pre-enrage. This might just mean the old addage of, "Bring less healers", but still.
    Last edited by WaddlezSparx; 2011-11-30 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    This isn't at all like 13/13 T11 guilds clearing FL reg on launch day back in August. Guilds that were 1/7H post-nerf fully cleared DS yesterday.

DS is on Naxx-80 level of easy. Actually, it's probably easier, since Naxx at least had the dancemaster to block progression for a few wipes.
    Some nubsauce guild took 6h clearing DS/10 normal yesterday on my dad's realm.

Was giggling when he told me that.