10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if anyone saw or noticed, but bank slots , basically you had a plain old bank tab(expandable by adding more bags), then much to my amazement, i clicked on another tab and ta da, slots for all common crafting items, slots for all cooking items and slots for all mini pets... i thought this was pretty cool, but then i do have OCD when it comes to organising stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    Not sure if anyone saw or noticed, but bank slots , basically you had a plain old bank tab(expandable by adding more bags), then much to my amazement, i clicked on another tab and ta da, slots for all common crafting items, slots for all cooking items and slots for all mini pets... i thought this was pretty cool, but then i do have OCD when it comes to organising stuff
    You'll also be able to expand the normal bank with extra slots (and extra inventory bag slots) through the gem store! I expanded mine quite a bit on the beta by converting all of my gold into gems... though I, erm, may have spent a portion of it on fancy town clothes...

The best part of that was the fact that you could right click on crafting materials and send them to the crafting bank while you're out exploring.
    Makes inventory management cake, not sure how many actually noticed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    The best part of that was the fact that you could right click on crafting materials and send them to the crafting bank while you're out exploring.
    If I knew that I probably wouldn't have vendored everything lol

I'll probably take some time to play with the crafting in the next event, but I was more focused on just leveling through DEs and hearts, and seeing as much pve content as I could.

That's a great expansion on what you could do in gw1...awesomness. That makes me rly rly scrreeee happy lol.
    /faint.

Indeed. A+ feature, major kudos to the designers for it.

Deleted
    :O
    No i feel silly. I kept selling them because my bags had no space.

Deleted
    I was so happy with the inventory thingy. It was such a good idea. I saw it and my reaction was 'woah, they have it all thought out!'. Then when I went to the bank to pick stuff up and I saw that little tab with everything organized... mind = blown. I love very organized stuff in the bank!
    Another thing - although it's in GW1 I really like - ACCOUNT BANK!!!!!!!!!

I really liked that I NEEDED (instead of just should) to move. Not stand on stuff, not stand in front of the giant hammer coming down on my head. The animations felt more meaningful, and I got to move around a bit more. Also, I think I'm in love with the downed state. It reminds me so much of L4D and I love it. 'You didn't do very well... FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE!'.
    I'm in love with this game.

So... something I realized almost nobody has mentioned.

This game has the most awesome auction system I've ever seen in an MMO. For starters, you can list an item (or buy an item) from absolutely anywhere.
    When you list an item, you can choose to either list it for a price of your choosing, list it automatically to match the current lowest price, or perhaps most awesomely, sell it instantly to the first buyer listing (which is naturally going to be beneath the lowest listed price, since a buyer set that waiting price with the intent of having the item sold to them).
    If you're looking to buy something that isn't on the trading post, you can simply list that item using the item search in the UI and list your offer price for it. A seller can choose to then sell it directly to you, or get in direct contact with you to negotiate you up in price. You can also do it for huge amounts of goods, like say I wanted to list that I was buying 5000 leather scraps for 5 copper a piece. People could sell me whatever they happened to have until my full order was completed, so I'd be getting those items from numerous sellers.

You can't pick up your gold and items anywhere in the world, but rather have to go to a Trading Post to pick up your deliveries, which was something I rather liked, instead of being an inconvenience, as I like having excuses to go out to random places in the world, and trading posts are scattered around the zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post

This game has the most awesome auction system I've ever seen in an MMO. For starters, you can list an item (or buy an item) from absolutely anywhere.
    When you list an item, you can choose to either list it for a price of your choosing, list it automatically to match the current lowest price, or perhaps most awesomely, sell it instantly to the first buyer listing (which is naturally going to be beneath the lowest listed price, since a buyer set that waiting price with the intent of having the item sold to them).
    If you're looking to buy something that isn't on the trading post, you can simply list that item using the item search in the UI and list your offer price for it. A seller can choose to then sell it directly to you, or get in direct contact with you to negotiate you up in price. You can also do it for huge amounts of goods, like say I wanted to list that I was buying 5000 leather scraps for 5 copper a piece. People could sell me whatever they happened to have until my full order was completed, so I'd be getting those items from numerous sellers.

You can't pick up your gold and items anywhere in the world, but rather have to go to a Trading Post to pick up your deliveries, which was something I rather liked, instead of being an inconvenience, as I like having excuses to go out to random places in the world, and trading posts are scattered around the zones.
    I didn't realise it was quite that versatile, with the access from anywhere and the bulk orders from multiple sellers. That's brilliant. I spent days and days on wow's auction house with a dedicated banker with a full guild bank and I know I'm going to spend a ton of time on this. Fabtabulous.
    I love how they've publicly said they admire Eve's system and have used it, but actively gone about improving it as well. These features are awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    ^ Yeah it's pretty awesome, I don't really get those people that whine over there is no person to person trade option, it's really a non issue.
    Well, it was an issue, when I was playing with my roommate (most of the time), got a good item for him, but wasn't able to give it. I tried mailing it, but the mail always arrived much later, mostly when we had already switched to different characters. Could have been just a problem with busy servers though, will see in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I didn't realise it was quite that versatile, with the access from anywhere and the bulk orders from multiple sellers. That's brilliant. I spent days and days on wow's auction house with a dedicated banker with a full guild bank and I know I'm going to spend a ton of time on this. Fabtabulous.
    I love how they've publicly said they admire Eve's system and have used it, but actively gone about improving it as well. These features are awesome.
    They definitely took some pointers from EvE on making a full fledged economy. The commerce UI even has market tracking and price fluctuation data in it.

---------- Post added 2012-04-30 at 05:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chroniko View Post
    Well, it was an issue, when I was playing with my roommate (most of the time), got a good item for him, but wasn't able to give it. I tried mailing it, but the mail always arrived much later, mostly when we had already switched to different characters. Could have been just a problem with busy servers though, will see in the future.
    Probably a busy server issue... I was sent mail from a friend who had found an awesome rifle, and I got it basically instantly.

I try not to reply to 'these posts', but this made me fall out of my chair laughing.
    Quote Originally Posted by hotshot25120 View Post
    Boring combat system.

Hopefully Tera online is here.
    Nothing against Tera, as the game is fine for what it is, but if you're expecting amazing combat going in you will not be the happiest of people. Not being able to move while doing anything (even auto attacking) is a step back as far as MMO combat goes, and they are claiming it has a step up.
    If some of your complaints are 'combat, pvp, story, quests', you probably shouldn't be hailing Tera as the savior of MMOs.

Anyways, the people who actually made informed purchases instead of blindly buying because someone said it was good are happy, it is a shame you are not.
    I wish you luck in your quest for the perfect MMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hotshot25120 View Post
    same here

This game is the biggest disappointment i have ever had in my gaming-life.

Boring combat system.
    Boring pvp.
    Boring story.
    Boring quests.
    Boring skills.
    But great Auction house system.

Hopefully Tera online is here.
    well i doubt anything can satisfy you if u think gw2 is boring. Either you have too high expectations for the mmorpg genre or simple you are tired of this genre.
    The scale of gw2 in terms of zones and cities is just pure epic, i had so much fun exploring during this beta.
    Ofc there are issues and i hope they are improved, but saying skills are boring. i wonder how you can even play wow.
    I loved the story as a charr so ye, i guess its a matter of taste.
    Ddidnt do pvp so cant comment.
    I like alot the dynamic system, even if it has scaling issues atm.
    Anyways just my opinion. this game can only get better.

Go fore tera then, then you will complain its a korean grind fest or something else that doesnt suit your playstyle ;D
    One thing im sure, i never had so much fun since wow the burning crusade. People actualy help each other in gw2

Deleted
    I loved how friendly everyone was, and the pvp was so much fun!! Im totally gonna go for guardian now :3

Deleted

I wish it was working for me. It just kept going... 'Error'. But I'm so happy that's so good! I bought stuff and that was neat. I thought the whole trading post pick up was quite neat too. Mainly because... bags can be dumped into the bank, stuff can be picked up from the trading post.

EvE has always used this Auction System and it's about DAMN TIME, that another MMO has decided to use a version of it (BECAUSE IT IS FANTASTIC)

It's a pretty good game, it definitely did not feel like a finished product but certainly a fantastic base product and likely amazing with the next few months polish it is going to receive.
    Last edited by Fawxey; 2012-04-30 at 12:28 PM.

Deleted
    Probably a busy server issue... I was sent mail from a friend who had found an awesome rifle, and I got it basically instantly.
    Ah, that's good then, giving items should be easy enough then. You don't even have to be near whoever you're giving stuff to this way.

Deleted
    I build trading systems in real life...the whole "buy order", "sell order", "partial fill" malarky is actually how it's done. All we need is order types (fill or kill, stop, limit and so on) and it'll be a decent trading sim. It's excellent to see this kinda thing in the game.

Where could you access the trading post when on the road? I know you could list it by right clicking, but what about buying?