Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    "I'd rather not be forced to read a book to get a story from a game...
    Totally agree, that's why we pushed to get Theramore in-game as a playable event. But to get really inside a character's head - emotions, motivations, love story - well, that's good territory for novels to explore!"

Inb4 she's a trophy wife to Varian.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do like how the use of "mana bombs" (of a sort) by ill-willing blood elves is history repeating itself.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Correction, they joined the Alliance of Lordaeron.

Again, the Grand Alliance is akin to the United Nations and the Alliance of Lordaeron is akin to the League of Nations. Both follow-up organizations.[COLOR="red"]

When was this introduced? As I said, I did a wowpedia and google search for it and nothing came up other than an assortment of wow-related links. I don't doubt it, I'm just curious ;p

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I do like how the use of "mana bombs" (of a sort) by ill-willing blood elves is history repeating itself.
    That's what happens when you keep Kael's closest ally in power (Rommath).
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Why waste your people in Garrosh's war, when you can give him a bomb to shut him up, until the Theramore incident the blood elves were barely involved in the conflict.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Why waste your people in Garrosh's war, when you can give him a bomb to shut him up, until the Theramore incident the blood elves were barely involved in the conflict.
    Well, they apparently have mastered the art of making an (re)entrance. Maybe Theramore is in retaliation for all those "Lor'the-Who?" jokes.

*Pictures Lor'themar with a 45 and an afro*
    "SAY WHO AGAIN MOTHER$@#^ER! I DARE YOU!"
    Last edited by Urti; 2012-07-18 at 05:57 PM.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Well, they apparently have mastered the art of making an (re)entrance. Maybe Theramore is in retaliation for all those "Lor'the-Who?" jokes.

*Pictures Lor'themar with a 45 and an afro*
    "SAY WHO AGAIN MOTHER$@#^ER! I DARE YOU!"
    Getting shafted in the racial leader short stories might have sent the BElfs over the edge at last.

Clearly, being stuck in Burning Crusade in terms of lore was merely a setback.

(It had to be done.)

Another thought. Ok, so the Forsaken fighting Dalaran mages in the Silverpine quest line is a 'lore hiccup.' What about the Blasted Lands? Isn't Nethergarde run by Dalaran still? I think they have dalaran tabards etc, I'll need to look into that. I think the new Blasted Lands quests have them fighting with the orcs nearby.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    Clearly, being stuck in Burning Crusade in terms of lore was merely a setback.

(It had to be done.)
    No, they're still stuck in BC. That's why they don't remember their Sunwell is powered by the light and decide to nuke a town.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by CHALET View Post
    "I'd rather not be forced to read a book to get a story from a game...
    Totally agree, that's why we pushed to get Theramore in-game as a playable event. But to get really inside a character's head - emotions, motivations, love story - well, that's good territory for novels to explore!"

Inb4 she's a trophy wife to Varian.
    Actually it's looking like she'll be getting together with Kalecgos. A bit of an unorthodox choice, but given the events of the Dragon Soul (Dragons are now mortal and there are no more aspects), not completely inconceivable. It's basically an inter-species relationship, which are well established in Warcraft, rather then her getting together with what would of amounted to a minor deity.

Now the question is, can Blizzard keep Jaina going as a character in her own right instead of basically being an extension of Kalecgos. Since Tides of War is being billed as Jaina's story and she's becoming the Archmage of the Kirin Tor, there are some positive signs for at least the near future. But on the other hand Blizzard's track record has been less-then-stellar with these types of stories, so we'll just have to wait and see.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Actually it's looking like she'll be getting together with Kalecgos. A bit of an unorthodox choice, but given the events of the Dragon Soul (Dragons are now mortal and there are no more aspects), not completely inconceivable. It's basically an inter-species relationship, which are well established in Warcraft, rather then her getting together with what would of amounted to a minor deity.

Now the question is, can Blizzard keep Jaina going as a character in her own right instead of basically being an extension of Kalecgos. Since Tides of War is being billed as Jaina's story and she's becoming the Archmage of the Kirin Tor, there are some positive signs for at least the near future. But on the other hand Blizzard's track record has been less-then-stellar with these types of stories, so we'll just have to wait and see.
    On the bright side, Kalecgos might be powerful but he's no Malfurion in terms of story focus, so there's a good chance he'll become secondary to Jaina instead. Given he seems to be the moderating agent in the relationship (at least while Jaina is feeling like killing all orcs) and that Jaina has been slated to take on a more active stance in Mists, I'm looking forward to seeing where their possible relationship goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    The UN also borne out of convenience to fight the Axis at first.

But that's not the point I was trying to pass. It was about being an organization that picked up from the remains of other.
    No. The Axis was already down when the United Nations was created. It was made in 1945 to provide a ground of discussion to prevent future wars.

But you're right that UN was created to replace the League of Nations.

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post

Kalec is pretty much going to end up with Tyrigosa (http://www.wowpedia.org/Tyrigosa). Kalec was the Aspect of Magic, it's only natural that he still retains some responsibility for the magic of Azeroth. While the Manabomb wiped out a city, Jaina could have leveled dozens in her rage. In order to prevent such massive bloodshed, Kalec intervenes and helps calm her by, presumably, removing the arcane taint from the bomb.

I highly doubt Jaina will end up with Kalec, purely because there's such a massive difference between a Mortal-Guise Dragon and the current inter-species relations we have. If anyone ends up with her, it'll be some powerful Archamge who'll rule Dalaran with her or she'll end up being a lone leader. Dalaran doesn't need a direct heir as it chooses it's leader from it's Council.

On a side note, Tyrigosa appears in the Dragon Soul raid and tells players to get on the drakes to attack the Faceless Generals. It's possible that with Mists she actually makes an appearance outside of Outland. This is also a possibly that the Netherwing Flight may be seen in Azeroth (In regards to her research), but this is going slightly OT.
    Last edited by Matt0193; 2012-07-18 at 08:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "WTF THE HORDE SHOULDN'T GET KICKED OUT OF DALARAN!"

"Oh, the Forsaken constantly attacking members of the Kirin Tor for the past 7 years? That's nothing!"

Honestly, Dalaran has a shitton of reasons not to allow the Horde in. I do hope they finally take their side.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    They could always move the class trainers and portals to the little outposts in Crystalsong if they wanted to move Dalaran out of Northrend.
    That's too logical, man. Blizzard doesn't do logic. Also, that would actually give those 2 outposts a reason to exist (refer to logic.)

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    No, they're still stuck in BC. That's why they don't remember their Sunwell is powered by the light and decide to nuke a town.
    Using the light does not make you the epitome of good though, the Scarlet crusade would be a prime example.

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    "WTF THE HORDE SHOULDN'T GET KICKED OUT OF DALARAN!"

"Oh, the Forsaken constantly attacking members of the Kirin Tor for the past 7 years? That's nothing!"

Honestly, Dalaran has a shitton of reasons not to allow the Horde in. I do hope they finally take their side.
    Supposedly the Silverpone quests involving the Dalaran mages are considered a 'lore hiccup' and not canon. But that does still leave Netherguard, which is an alliance fort that clashes with the nearby orcs in the Blasted Lands and is supposedly run by Dalaran. (They even have dalaran tabards.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Correction, they joined the Alliance of Lordaeron.

Again, the Grand Alliance is akin to the United Nations and the Alliance of Lordaeron is akin to the League of Nations. Both follow-up organizations.

---------- Post added 2012-07-18 at 01:59 PM ----------

Everything is recent on Azeroth, to be true.

A new organization remained, yes, but Dalaran fallen with the old one and focused afterwards to isolation (like Gilneas) to rebuilt itself. When reapeared, 3 years ago lorewise, it proclaimed neutrality.

But, anyway, my point is Dalaran, right now, is not Alliance, they declined the invitation.
    A "new" organization remained? I thought the verb "to remain" implied the continuation of a pre-existing subject. The current Alliance is the Alliance of Lordaeron, but with some different members in it. The alliance between human nations, Khaz Modan and the gnomes did not stop because Lordaeron fell. Stormwind simply took the leadership and the Night Elves replaced Quel'thalas. The Draenei and Worgen followed. Dalaran was unnaccessible during Vanilla and TBC, but it was pretty much part of the Alliance. They only declared neutrality during WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Supposedly the Silverpone quests involving the Dalaran mages are considered a 'lore hiccup' and not canon. But that does still leave Netherguard, which is an alliance fort that clashes with the nearby orcs in the Blasted Lands and is supposedly run by Dalaran. (They even have dalaran tabards.)
    I think the quest designer for those Silverpine quests was rumoured to have not known or forgotten that Dalaran became neutral. Must've been a new kid.