Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post

OK, now show me something similar in Dark Souls at close range.
    It's not released yet so I can't, but dude that looks absolutely hideous.

well this port appears to be absolutely horrendous and definitely isn't worth 40$( I think this is the price i've seen somewhere). No, that isn't very much money but in concept i am opposed. Hell if it was 10$ i'd consider it but can't say i'd bring myself to really play.

It's a shame too because I was looking forward to Dark Souls on PC. So much missed potiential.

Deleted
    I don't care too much about graphics, heck I still play on my good ol' Gamecube... But it's GFWL that bothers me. I understand why they chose it, it is more easily compatible with network structure that they already now, but it still sucks, it causes all kinds of problems for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it hilarious that bad sales always point to pirates and not the crappy job with market release such as including GFWL as a req or steam or origin, and the fact they are not going to update the graphics whatsoever? I mean really...the majority of pc gamers are paying players who are willing to support the companies who make decent games, and unless I'm missing something, many many game companies who have made good offline games make plenty of money and continue to create games and game content.

Just really sucks, I'm in the boat with people who just do not like GFWL and honestly, if they are not going to make it so the gamer enthusiasts that most pc gamers are can enjoy the game with high resolution textures and better shader models that the pc can support, then why make a port at all?

Idk, maybe its just my wishful thinking... sad face

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    It's not released yet so I can't, but dude that looks absolutely hideous.
    Just out of curiosity, explain what exactly is hideous?

Then, explain why this looks so good:

Already preordered it. Also, we did have this topic some time ago.

Personally, I'd be really sad if I HAVE to plug in some console controller in my computer to not die of bad controls, and I hope the graphics ain't TOO terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    here is something interesting that was linked in the steam forums:

http://www.bluh.org/?p=263
    Loved the read and the final paragraph specifically.

I think that at the end of the day, if you are willing to write off a game of this sheer quality, then you should be ashamed to call yourself a gamer. If you’ve already played it on console and are going to skip the pc version because of this? I don’t blame you. Certainly there’s no reason to believe that the PC version will be any better at this point. But again, remember that it’s a version that wouldn’t even have existed at all if From Software didn’t care about gamers.

So please, try not to give them reason to ignore us in the future.
    Everyone just writes it off and think it's going to be unplayable which is sad and honestly I love how truthful they actually are.

Really liked this game on the ps3, only rented it though been meaning to buy it forever. I don't think it will be ground breaking on pc but just another option if people don't own a ps3. The sequel looks nice as well.

Bashing on skyrim graphics seems silly too, it's a very good looking game and you just said you've seen worse in skyrim but then said you can't compare because it's not released...

Just try to be logical before bashing randomly.
    Ricotta,Corleggy Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Already preordered it. Also, we did have this topic some time ago.

Personally, I'd be really sad if I HAVE to plug in some console controller in my computer to not die of bad controls, and I hope the graphics ain't TOO terrible.
    fact is a gamepad controller is better than mouse and keyboard for these kind of games. why? because a keyboard can only move in 8 directions while a gamepad's analog stick is not limited to only 8 directions. so if you want more precise controls a gamepad will always be the better choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Loved the read and the final paragraph specifically.

Everyone just writes it off and think it's going to be unplayable which is sad and honestly I love how truthful they actually are.
    Exactly the reason I'm supporting them.

---------- Post added 2012-08-12 at 09:36 PM ----------

Doesn't look much worse than the skyrim shot.

fact is a gamepad controller is better than mouse and keyboard for these kind of games. why? because a keyboard can only move in 8 directions while a gamepad's analog stick is not limited to only 8 directions. so if you want more precise controls a gamepad will always be the better choice.
    Fact is, I HATE to use controlpad. So I WILL use my keyboard and mouse, and if it's too horrible, I will stop playing and hope there will be some place where I can ask them to at least do a little work on patching in a better system in the near future. No rush, I probably won't be playing the game before October maybe, with Guild Wars 2 coming out 25. August for pre-purchase-people like me, and MoP a month after.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Fact is, I HATE to use controlpad. So I WILL use my keyboard and mouse, and if it's too horrible, I will stop playing and hope there will be some place where I can ask them to at least do a little work on patching in a better system in the near future. No rush, I probably won't be playing the game before October maybe, with Guild Wars 2 coming out 25. August for pre-purchase-people like me, and MoP a month after.
    short of redesigning the keyboard what would you have them do? the game was designed with the precise controls of a gamepad in mind. in no universe can a keyboard = a gamepad.

short of redesigning the keyboard what would you have them do? the game was designed with the precise controls of a gamepad in mind. in no universe can a keyboard = a gamepad.
    Agreed it's a game specifically made for console that is being brought over. Some games CAN be used on a keyboard but most of the time a contol or gamepad enhances the gameplay.

After playing PC games for years I love the graphics and all compared to console but after owning this game for 360 and finding more enjoyment in it than any other game released in the past decade I'm going to have to say if you don't buy based on how it looks then you're only hurting yourself and you should probably go watch movies with awesome effects or something instead of buying games. My opinion of course but gameplay should render graphics entirely irrelevant and how it looks is only an added bonus. Then again I still play A link to the past etc when everyone else is complaining about whatever recent purchase they made on an awesome looking game that plays like crap
    Last edited by Erolian; 2012-08-12 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    I am dissapoint From Soft if the port is that horrible I probably wont buy it. When they asked the community if they wanted a game like this they put up a vote if people would buy it and I voted yes but of course if they cant do a decent port that yes will turn into a no. I cant wait to hear the opinion of EpicNameBro on this subject.
    they are doing a decent port.
    and they didn't ask the PC "community" anything, the "community" started a petition to get the game ported to the PC.
    and now it is and people are bitching that a relatively small company which has no faculties for this is giving what people what they asked for, a working port.

if graphics-whores have a problem that they can't go and redo an already made game, that is already targeting a niche audience, to make it LOOK better then they really have no reason to be playing games on any platform.

---------- Post added 2012-08-12 at 10:33 PM ----------

in skyrim everything looks like polygons.
    with dark souls they actually look like plants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I'm missing something, but how in hell is a keyboard AND mouse limited to 8 directions? last time I checked my mouse can spin the viewing angle in a game around about 10x as fast as an analog stick and have WAY higher precision in doing so. I mean, in direct comparison to a console controller, you have the left analog stick which = keyboard movement keys, which is your basic forward, backwards, side to side, and diagonal movements (which is 2 keys pressed at once) and then we have the right analog stick which = mouse, which controls camera angle movement which then affects the direction in which the movement keys move you.

Now maybe I'm completely making all this up, BUT if you have the right kind of keyboard and mouse, meaning full multi key/multi press/multi function keyboard AND a Mouse with dpi control/programmable buttons/report rate control, I am certain that you can have better control over what happens in a game/program/software WHATEVER your using it for vs a console controller or pc controller that can only adjust the analog stick sensitivity and MAYBE a couple other functions.

If I'm wrong I surely hope someone can post something to counter my flawed logic...

BTW I use a corded xbox 360 controller on my pc and have the above said keyboard and mouse combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ofire View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something, but how in hell is a keyboard AND mouse limited to 8 directions? last time I checked my mouse can spin the viewing angle in a game around about 10x as fast as an analog stick and have WAY higher precision in doing so. I mean, in direct comparison to a console controller, you have the left analog stick which = keyboard movement keys, which is your basic forward, backwards, side to side, and diagonal movements (which is 2 keys pressed at once) and then we have the right analog stick which = mouse, which controls camera angle movement which then affects the direction in which the movement keys move you.

Now maybe I'm completely making all this up, BUT if you have the right kind of keyboard and mouse, meaning full multi key/multi press/multi function keyboard AND a Mouse with dpi control/programmable buttons/report rate control, I am certain that you can have better control over what happens in a game/program/software WHATEVER your using it for vs a console controller or pc controller that can only adjust the analog stick sensitivity and MAYBE a couple other functions.

If I'm wrong I surely hope someone can post something to counter my flawed logic...
    left control stick vs. wasd keyboard. 360x4>8x1 range of movement,3>1:fingers used. stick wins.
    right controls tick vs. mouse. both useless during combat due to lock-on, irrelevant outside of combat due to no need.
    controller buttons vs. mouse keys/keyboard preference when it comes to mouse vs. controller, but the keyboard will detract from movement control thus loses to both.

movement is the biggest part in this game.
    avoiding instant-kill hits, getting into position to safely land a blow or two, slowly sneaking upto an unaware enemy to deliver a fatal backstab, avoiding being heard by a monster, and going from a jog to a mad-dash sprint for your life after the hellkite dragon notices you.
    Last edited by mordale; 2012-08-12 at 11:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

This Dark Souls shot definitely looks better than that Skyrim ground shot, as for the other Skyrim shot, that doesn't even look like an in game shot.

As for the the gamepad vs mouse/keyboard debate. Are you really trying to say that you have faster control with of the camera with a gamepad? That's just insane.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    As for the the gamepad vs mouse/keyboard debate. Are you really trying to say that you have faster control with of the camera with a gamepad? That's just insane.
    I have to agree with it all gamepad > Mouse + keyboard in every way besides camera and even at that neither makes a game breaking difference.

Im going to play with a gamepad because I simply kind of miss playing on a gamepad for games like this, PoP and GoW felt amazing on a gamepad.

I've had a change of heart regarding this port. I was originally not planning to touch it because of how terrible it initially sounded, but after watching some leaked footage, it doesn't look nearly as bad as I expected it to. I'm actually really hyped for the DLC, and the Artorias fight looks amazing (you can try to hunt around for a video, but most of the ones that I had seen earlier have since been taken down. I imagine that there's still some floating around, and I know you can download it on one of the Dark Souls wikis.), so now I'm kind of excited for it, and I don't think I'd be able to wait for the PS3 DLC to come out. :P GFWL is lame, but I can deal with not having HD graphics. I suppose that it would be nice to support the devs anyway, since they really only did the PC version because the fans wanted it so badly. It's the least I could do.