Page 10 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    And again... show me another way to get exalted with the factions. Still waiting.
    Show me another way of obtaining Epic PvP gear without PvP'ing. Show me a way to obtain heroic raiding gear without raiding and without having luck on the BMAH.

The thing with "still waiting", is that you use it in a vocal conversation when the other party isn't responding... Writing it in the same original post is just weird...

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I'll stop "hating people that hate dailies" when people stop making whiny threads about it.
    I don't think that is what the thread is about. It is about the fact that dailies are the only option to get rep We need other options to acquire rep like dungeon grinds etc. Not just dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    You get them from another player who put in the effort for the privilege to sell it to you for expensive prices. Key difference here is, that you can obtain the enchants without doing the dailies, but the head enchant you love to refer to was BoP, personal, and not sell-able.
    So what you are telling me is that I leveled my enchanting for nothing?
    That can't be a good way to design this prof? I leveled it to make use of it.... for myself and also to sell the enchants.
    This goes for all my profs now.

And you are also telling me that in order to use my prof, i have to do dailies?

Lets say i log on and do nothing, just buy my crafted gear from someone else, buy my enchants from someone else.....
    Where do I get that kind of gold? dailies?
    cause I can't sell anything, I don't have the recipes..... You see my point?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greendog View Post
    I don't think that is what the thread is about. It is about the fact that dailies are the only option to get rep We need other options to acquire rep like dungeon grinds etc. Not just dailies.
    Heroic raids are the only way to get heroic raid gear!
    Rated BGs are the only way to get Rated BG titles!
    Arenas are the only way to get Arena mounts!
    Fishing is the only way to get fish!

This system needs to change because I don't like doing that, but still want to reap the rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Lets say i log on and do nothing, just buy my crafted gear from someone else, buy my enchants from someone else.....
    If you log in and do nothing, I'd argue you don't need it, but I'll ignore that bit.

Pick up a gathering profession and / or farm the materials.

Deleted
    I think you missed the point I was trying to make.
    Blizzard stated they didn't want players to be forced to rep-grind for this.

So what do we have to now for almost everything in game? rep-grind.
    If everything is locked behind rep, and we even have to rep-grind for get started on a new rep-grind, why now leave the head-enchant?
    I don't see any consistency in their reasoning.
    This is simple. The head-enchant was a soulbound / account-bound item that was required throughout the life of the expansion. If you wanted a head enchant, your only solution was to grind rep. It was not optional.

The Valor Point gear is also soulbound, but it has a short lifetime. You can raid without VP gear and you can replace VP gear by raiding. It is optional to rep-grind this.

If you want to enchant your gear, you can approach a guildmate or buy the enchant on the AH. It is optional to rep-grind this.

Given the claim the 'almost everything in game' is hidden behind a rep-grind, what mandatory items can only be obtained via a rep-grind?

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Good job this is a Massively Multiplayer Online Game then, you can get them from people who did the dailies.

Show me another way to get the RBG gear / mount / titles etc.

Sometimes you have to work for something. That doesn't mean the system is broken.
    And dailies are the ONLY work I can do?

Deleted
    To all those saying people who don't want to do dalies are lazy let me ask you;
    1. How many alts do you have?
    2. How many professions do you have?

My answer to these is that I have 11 toons (3 90's) with almost every profession (-BS & LW) and I'm not prepared to sit there for 10-20 hours a day doing dalies (lazy content) to unlock gear and recipies, you pay for a game to enjoy it not for it to become a 2nd job.

The tabard system would have no effect on those people who like doing dalies so why would you complain about it being boring? You wouldn't have to wear a tabard if you don't want to but the option would be there for us who do not appreciate having to do dalies over and over and over to progress.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hunteromg View Post
    this is not true. firelands dailes were optional content. mop dailes are not. or maybe you think of everything as optional content. bgs are then optional as well as raids.
    I think you are starting to understand.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    Anything you've said here has already been debunked or addressed. Come back when you've actually read the thread.
    Because reading 10 pages in the bit of spare time I have is a great thing to do. I'm just stating my opinion in a thread that I've read the title about. The threads are to contribute with our opinions, if my opinion is similar to someone else then so be it.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    And again... show me another way to get exalted with the factions. Still waiting.

Maybe I'm biased, well probably am, but what I see most is people asking for alternatives, not just free rep.
    Avoid the pettiness of the first statement, it doesn't help you. Especially since I've already told you the alternative that vanilla had for rep. And trust me, you do NOT want it.

Anyone asking for tabard rep is asking for rep for free. There is effectively no difference in practice. Rather than whining, they should be the ones trying to come up with alternatives to dailies that require about the same investment of time and effort, but in a different manner.

Deleted
    Dailies are NOT optional. You have no other way to get some mounts/recipes or valor point rewards, period. Something is optional when you can achieve the same goal in a different way.

Questioning this fact is just stubornness

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Show me another way of obtaining Epic PvP gear without PvP'ing. Show me a way to obtain heroic raiding gear without raiding and without having luck on the BMAH.

The thing with "still waiting", is that you use it in a vocal conversation when the other party isn't responding... Writing it in the same original post is just weird...
    Epic PVP gear: Arena, BG. That's two ways actually.
    Heroic Raiding gear also has two ways of obtaining as you already said.
    Give rep one alternative and it's even.

Deleted
    So what you are telling me is that I leveled my enchanting for nothing?
    That can't be a good way to design this prof? I leveled it to make use of it.... for myself and also to sell the enchants.
    This goes for all my profs now.

And you are also telling me that in order to use my prof, i have to do dailies?

You want the best form of enchants, that you don't really need for anything else but to earn gold, then yes you have to do more than just skill it up to 600 and sit in Orgrimmar. Be it through raiding or Daily quests, I don't care, it would be wrong if it was handed to you for zero effort. As to how to make gold, it's fully doable through gathering professions, there, you now have an excellent way of earning gold without needing any recipes, daily quests, or raiding required.

I earn gold all the time by simply mining on my alt, sending the bars over and using my alchemy to transmute it. You knew damn well when you picked up enchanting that their recipes usually are harder to obtain.

Deleted
    The problem here is, that when Blizzard changes something, it goes horribly wrong.
    Just a stupid analogy I came up with:
    -"Hey, could you get me a coke?"
    "Sure, do want it frozen or boiling?"

The tabard system was a bit too fast, I admit that, but it was a working thing.
    Solution: Return the reputation tabards, make the reputation gain slower (like 1/3 of what they've been).

In wotlk we had reputation tokens (+ tabards), now what was a very fast way to gain reputation. Also we have nothing useful to buy with justice points at the moment. And no, trading them to honor is useless if you don't pvp.
    Solution: Bring back reputation tokens and harshly reduce the amount of reputation they give. I don't care if they would cost 500 JP and give 150.

With these additions we would have 2 new/remade ways to gain reputation and another reason to run heroics after we have geared up.

Yes I suck at writing, deal with it.

The problem with the dailies is simply that it's terrible terrible game design. There is no fun element to them what so ever. Going on about how optional they are doesn't make them any better.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    Because reading 10 pages in the bit of spare time I have is a great thing to do. I'm just stating my opinion in a thread that I've read the title about. The threads are to contribute with our opinions, if my opinion is similar to someone else then so be it.
    The problem isn't your opinion, it's that you've contributed nothing to a thread when your statements have already been answered. In short, taking the time to read, INSTEAD of posting, would have served the community better. Otherwise threads devolve into saying the same things over and over again.

The reason to avoid this is because if we can actually move forward, we might actually be able to propose solutions, rather than just yelling at each other.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cascarrabias View Post
    Dailies are NOT optional. You have no other way to get some mounts/recipes or valor point rewards, period. Something is optional when you can achieve the same goal in a different way.

No, something is optional when it's not mandatory, not when there's two ways to do it.

You are not required to grind the exalted mount. You want to grind the exalted mount, but you don't want it enough to do the dailies.

Deleted
    Epic PVP gear: Arena, BG. That's two ways actually.
    Heroic Raiding gear also has two ways of obtaining as you already said.
    Give rep one alternative and it's even.
    Arena and RBG are both PvP and basically the same thing but with different goals, just as different daily quests are different.
    BMAH doesn't really count as you need a ton of gold and luck to obtain anything from it. Would you be happy if the BMAH had items that could pop up and give you rep, but the start bid would be on 20k and they would give like 5k each?

Quote Originally Posted by cascarrabias View Post

If u want your special snowflake mounts and recipes you gonna have to put in some damn effort, but for VP and gear it's optional plain and simple. If you don't like it quit the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Or how about the people who hate dailys stop spamming it on this forum letting us know about it everyday, you do realise these aren't the offical wow forums right?