Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Opinions, opinions, opinions.

Considering the amount of dickheads he has to listen to on a daily basis, I'd probably answer somewhat similar.
    Pretty much. He's tried to be nice before and it didn't work out any better. One can only take so much before they become irritated/annoyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only one of those that could be construed as a little arrogant is the one about Combustion and really, he's right. The rest are laughable. Build a bridge, dude.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

Nope. His arrogance, when applied in certain situations (not all those in the OP are arrogant), is justified. Most of the people he replies to are pretentious assholes who think they could direct a better WoW experience and have no idea regarding the rest of the process other than "I have a great idea!". The last Q&A listed in the OP is exactly right.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    True, which is why one appears more professional than the other.
    You clearly haven't been reading the news about netflix have you?

Quote Originally Posted by omni View Post
    Nope. His arrogance, when applied in certain situations (not all those in the OP are arrogant), is justified. Most of the people he replies to are pretentious assholes who think they could direct a better WoW experience and have no idea regarding the rest of the process other than "I have a great idea!"
    What then, is the point of dignifying their questions with an undignified response? What is achieved in addressing silly questions?

10+ Year Old Account
    What then, is the point of dignifying their questions with an undignified response? What is achieved in addressing silly questions?

Cause they're easier to answer then say the tricky questions which may require answers over the character limit?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong. It's true that someone has to be at the end of the ranking gap between #1 and #26 dps at the moment? 25229 DPS, hardly a good balance, and so I simply question why the gap must be so big. As to Plenty of raid/party utility spells? Very few for themselves, and their self-healing is worse than ever.
    Stop quoting simcraft numbers as the end all be all of dps before you make yourself look like a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    You clearly haven't been reading the news about netflix have you?
    I'll stick to reviews which is usually where it counts.

---------- Post added 2012-12-26 at 07:43 PM ----------

Stop quoting simcraft numbers as the end all be all of dps before you make yourself look like a fool.
    They're pretty dependably figures for standard, patchwork/ideal fights; and have even taken into account 'realistic'/unideal situations now in another tier of ranking.

They're not the be all and end all, but nor can they be dismissed, and are generally one of the more dependably sources/gauges of DPS as per the aforementioned advances/updates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anecdotal evidence isn't fine, the numbers/facts are. As it stands, Paladins are #20 out of #26 specs with an approximate ~25k DPS gap between the first and the last. Either GC is going to nerf around 20 specs to be where Paladins are who are, after all, roughly in the right spot according to GC, or else a hefty number are going to be buffed to compete with the likes of Mage who lay claim to first and second place.

Then of course there's option #3; disregard balancing the numbers in favour of maintaining the belief, in the face of reason, that Paladins are fine.

You are quoting simcraft numbers based on BiS heroic gear with no mistakes and no movement and you want to talk anecdotal?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll stick to reviews which is usually where it counts.

Reviews aren't always the best, that's for sure.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

You are quoting simcraft numbers based on BiS heroic gear with no mistakes and no movement and you want to talk anecdotal?
    http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic-dps

Go nuts.

These DPS estimates are based on a modified single target (no cleave) fight with regular movement, raid-wide stuns, and player distraction. This is a more realistic fight that highlights each specs maximum DPS under typical raid conditions. The Realistic DPS simulation is run across 10000 iterations with a variable fight length of 360 - 540 sec and a non-optimal use of raid buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Adding in

/cast Combustion

That's so hard.
    That's not hard, but getting it to avoid printing (and emoting) error messages is a bit trickier.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Reviews aren't always the best, that's for sure.
    True, but the first and foremost purpose of news is to attract attention, or else papers wouldn't sell and news programmes wouldn't be watched. Drama, scandal and exaggeration are tools of the trade.

By and large, the primary purpose of a review is to review and critique.

Arrogant? No. Ignorant? Rarely but for certain. But not in these recent blue posts. The incoming 5.2 changes are at times CONTRARY to things GC had been saying earlier about things such as CC and burst. Hell, he flat out said things like "warrior burst is fine". Going on to state later that "burst across the board is overtuned" pretty much shows that he WASN'T aware of the community concern and just kept reading numbers on a paper instead of actually playing the game.

I'd say that is his only problem. And Blizzard's as a whole. That they continue to ignore PLAYER facts and data for a long time until finally listening 6 months later. I mean, I understand that most players don't listen to Blizzard facts either but we're a conglomeration of stupidity while they're a pretty huge company with all of the means by which to address issues properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    In Germany we have a saying: "Stupid question - stupid answer." This totally applies here. Not only is GC human too, but catering to the community with all its angry children and unfunny trolls is something he chooses to do despite his obligations with the game not including this responsibility. Everything he says are valid aswers to questions I wouldn't even bother trying to respond to.
    Look at his job description: Lead systems designer. What he would normally do is lock himself and his staff in a room, order pizza and decide on how to make the game better. Him exchanging information with the players himself is very unusual, as he doesn't merely rely on being fed information by the community people. He's one of the people that make Wow better and more special than other MMOs. He's even received as much as death threats and he's still at it doing an awesome job.
    Keep at it Greg, show thse qq'ers !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Anecdotal evidence isn't fine, the numbers/facts are. As it stands, Paladins are #20 out of #26 specs with an approximate ~25k DPS gap between the first and the last. Either GC is going to nerf around 20 specs to be where Paladins are who are, after all, roughly in the right spot according to GC, or else a hefty number are going to be buffed to compete with the likes of Mage who lay claim to first and second place.

Then of course there's option #3; disregard balancing the numbers in favour of maintaining the belief, in the face of reason, that Paladins are fine.

According to the second link they are 16th with a gap of 13k. middle of the pack. So whats wrong with them?

Also I would like to point out this on top of their page.

These DPS estimates are based on a modified single target (no cleave) fight with regular movement, raid-wide stuns, and player distraction.

Yea these are far from accurate as well.

Sims are really bad this tier.

He can be sometimes yes, but the last tweet that one made me laugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Arrogant? No. Ignorant? Rarely but for certain. But not in these recent blue posts. The incoming 5.2 changes are at times CONTRARY to things GC had been saying earlier about things such as CC and burst. Hell, he flat out said things like "warrior burst is fine". Going on to state later that "burst across the board is overtuned" pretty much shows that he WASN'T aware of the community concern and just kept reading numbers on a paper instead of actually playing the game.
    To me this is a bit damned if you do, damned if you don't. I mean, if you think or have some data that something should be fine. Then start getting data, a lot of it, as people get gear that isn't not fine. What do you do? Fix it. That's a bit of what is happening.
    Now granted, some of the fixes are a bit overboard, or undertuned. But it's something happening.

Personally, I would never want their job with the masses "listening" in on their conversations.

Edit: Ya not liking the sims either. Going more with trends and actual data points this tier.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

10+ Year Old Account
    True, but the first and foremost purpose of news is to attract attention, or else papers wouldn't sell and news programmes wouldn't be watched. Drama, scandal and exaggeration are tools of the trade.

By and large, the primary purpose of a review is to review and critique.
    Yeah but Reviews even can be flawed and if I may be so bold full of....hyperbole, context twisting....lies and very bitter jaded statements etc etc. While I'm sure Netflix doesn't have that...I hope reviews are still prone to....bad reviews..as in it's not a fair review.

Warrior-Magi