Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I believe that the forsaken genuinely think that what they are doing is for the betterment of their own people and even the Horde as a whole; i.e. they don't think they're doing anything evil.

Too bad their morals, as dead folks, are far FAR different than those of the living. And so everyone looks with disgust at their actions and thinks them to be evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Kill any random human in Lordaeron and you will propably get rewarded. I dont think King Terenas Menethil rewarded anyone for slaughtering population of a local farm.
    What are you talking about?

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 06:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post

Indeed that is my point, they can defend what they believe belongs to them, but it is just a piece of soil and will most likely change hands many times in the future. They are just people who rent the place if you will ;P
    But it is the Forsaken that claim that this land belongs to them by right, because they owned it when they were alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    But it is the Forsaken that claim that this land belongs to them by right, because they owned it when they were alive.
    They can spout that as much as they want, the humans can say the same in the end it matters not, since neither has the ultimate claim to a piece of soil.

What are you talking about?
    You can say whatever you want about "right of ownership", but the fact is that human laws dont apply to current Lordaeron.

Deleted
    People forget that Gilneans turned the living population in Hillsbrad in Worgen also..

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    People forget that Gilneans turned the living population in Hillsbrad in Worgen also..
    Apparently its ok to be cursed as long as you live.

Deleted
    I miss the old Forsaken quests like http://www.wowhead.com/quest=1383 .

Keever is still the best npc ever.

Deleted
    You can say whatever you want about "right of ownership", but the fact is that human laws dont apply to current Lordaeron.
    Why? The Forsaken don't hold all of Lordaeron. Why wouldn't human laws apply to land that is held by the humans?

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 06:39 PM ----------

They did it to protect them from the Scourge. And the humans drank the blood willingly.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    It was stated that holy and discipline trees are avalaible to them purely because of gameplay reasons.
    Nope, they can be as Holy and Disciplined all they want - it just hurts the poor little guys.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

They did it to protect them from the Scourge. And the humans drank the blood willingly.
    But they were hardly happy regardless.

Magistrate Henry Maleb says: We would rather die than be turned into worgen, but seeing as how even death provides no relief from the atrocities of this war...
    Magistrate Henry Maleb says: We choose vengeance!

Deleted
    But they were hardly happy regardless.

Magistrate Henry Maleb says: We would rather die than be turned into worgen, but seeing as how even death provides no relief from the atrocities of this war...
    Magistrate Henry Maleb says: We choose vengeance!
    Oh totally true, but they'd rather be Worgen than Forsaken. And that was the alternative.

Oh totally true, but they'd rather be Worgen than Forsaken. And that was the alternative.
    Still it more less puts the Worgen into a similar situation, they are the Alliance pendant to the forsaken, the beasts that can barely control themselves, who are mistrusted by most.

Both are cursed beings and both are disturbing in their own rights.

Deleted
    Still it more less puts the Worgen into a similar situation, they are the Alliance pendant to the forsaken, the beasts that can barely control themselves, who are mistrusted by most.

Both are cursed beings and both are disturbing in their own rights.
    They are the pendant to the forsaken in a certain sense. But they would never have done what the forsaken did. While they are both cursed the Worgen don't go around and force the curse onto other people. And they can control themselves, that's what the ritual was for.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I don't think anyone cares about the soil, it's mostly about the big city called Lordaeron
    I wouldn't say that, the forsaken evidently don't care for the city, otherwise they wouldn't let it fall to ruin, they are just interested in the land itself, to do with it as they see fit.

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 06:59 PM ----------

They are the pendant to the forsaken in a certain sense. But they would never have done what the forsaken did. While they are both cursed the Worgen don't go around and force the curse onto other people. And they can control themselves, that's what the ritual was for.
    Well they did in the past and have quite the toll of blood on their hands, indeed they can their control their emotions better now, but Genn himself said they are still a double edged sword, worgen can still loose themselves to their new instincts, though it is evidently not as bad as it used to be.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2012-12-30 at 05:59 PM.

I feel like the Forsaken as an idea and an entity wants to have a more noble existence. They didn't choose to be slaughtered and they certainly didn't choose to be reanimated, but given the hand that they were dealt, they want to make the most of it.

But I genuinely believe that the Forsaken are ignorant of the more sinister doings of their Queen. I don't think the entire Undercity is in on the whole "kill everyone and make them like us" deal. I've never actually played Forsaken, but the NPCs I come across and few quests I did involving them don't give me this picture.

That being said, it makes sense since these were originally the people of Lordaeron. And with the actions of this Banshee Queen being what they are, I would very much support an uprising in the Undercity and the potential return of the royal line ala Calia Menethil (assuming she is among them).

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    potential return of the royal line ala Calia Menethil (assuming she is among them).
    What is it with people that want useless leaders. First Voss, then Koltira, now some spoiled brat that was supposed to be used only for diplomatic wedding?

Deleted
    Well they did in the past and have quite the toll of blood on their hands, indeed they can their control their emotions better now, but Genn himself said they are still a double edged sword, worgen can still loose themselves to their new instincts, though it is evidently not as bad as it used to be.
    Where have they done it in the past?

Deleted
    Dunno, probably the whole Worgen starting area revolved around this scenario to the point where night elves came and brought their druidism magic with them.

Dunno, probably the whole Worgen starting area revolved around this scenario to the point where night elves came and brought their druidism magic with them.
    That is what I was referring to.

Deleted
    Yeah they couldn't control themselves and involuntarily attacked other Gilneans. But they didn't go out their and deliberately turned people into Worgen. Like the Forsaken are turning people into undead.