Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I don't really understand tiny dogs like chihuahuas. They lack all the advantages of a cat (cats wash themselves, they use a litterbox so you don't have to rush home to poop them, they don't tend to want to destroy things as much as dogs, they're incredibly intelligent) without having the advantages of a full sized dog (they aren't going to be pulling a sled anytime soon, you can't roughhouse with them, they can't scare off intruders, they're generally dumb, and not as loyal as big dogs, etc.). Why in the world would you get a Chihuahua or a Pug instead of a cat?
    Haa, lapdogs, they had its uses btw, they are called Lapdogs because that was their function, to sit on the laps of owners and since dogs have higher body heat, attract all the fleas, they are easier to wash as well, so there you go, their function, flea magnets.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 09:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    Might be, I never met a dog that didn't leave this gross crust on my hand after their saliva dried up and every dog I have met in my life has this disgusting oily substance all over their fur and smell like bad dairy products.
    That is a really unwashed dog btw... also what you are talking about is called "sebum", the same thing you have in your hair, skin and so forth
    Last edited by Kurioxan; 2013-01-14 at 09:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like to let dogs lick my face, because I don't really like dogs in the first place.

On the other hand, a cat that licks my face is just aww-inducing. :3
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    That is a really unwashed dog btw
    Yeah I don't know what it is. Only one I know for sure is my friends dog (golden retriever), he claims to be bathing this dog at least once a week and it's always greasy and smells like shit to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I don't know what it is. Only one I know for sure is my friends dog (golden retriever), he claims to be bathing this dog at least once a week and it's always greasy and smells like shit to me.
    Then he is doing something wrong. I guess I should amend my statement then. A properly maintained dog should be able to lick your face no problem. My dog has fresher breath than most people I meet on the subway lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    "a dog's mouth is cleaner than a human's" has been proven wrong. they even did it on mythbusters for what it's worth. i do NOT let animals lick me. dogs, cats, whatever, i just find it nasty. i don't like how it feels, i just don't like it. it's nasty imo.
    Im pretty sure they discovered the dog had a cleaner mouth than Adam...

Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    I don't like to let dogs lick my face, because I don't really like dogs in the first place.

On the other hand, a cat that licks my face is just aww-inducing. :3
    Yeah, after the tears of pain mix with tears of joy :P very good exfoliant however!
    Love to mess with cats when they are washing themselves though, its awesome :P

"cat washing him/herself, pokes random spot and twirls a bit, cat furiously licks that part, repeat about 3 more times till cat starts licking your hand as well"
    *evul laughter*

10+ Year Old Account
    ewww grosss

dogs have weird bacterias. bacterias in human mouth meant to be there mostly

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Then he is doing something wrong. I guess I should amend my statement then. A properly maintained dog should be able to lick your face no problem. My dog has fresher breath than most people I meet on the subway lol
    That is entirely possible. I keep kicking his ass over this constantly, either wash your freaking dog or teach him to keep away from me. He says he washes it often so I don't know. Fact is though that dogs produce odor "on purpose", while cats on the other hand remove odor. It might just be that I'm so used to cats who don't smell at all that even a clean dog smells bad to me.

Yeah, after the tears of pain mix with tears of joy :P very good exfoliant however!
    Love to mess with cats when they are washing themselves though, its awesome :P

"cat washing him/herself, pokes random spot and twirls a bit, cat furiously licks that part, repeat about 3 more times till cat starts licking your hand as well"
    *evul laughter*
    The reason cats do that is because they don't want to stink like a human. It's fine every other time except when they are trying to wash themselves. I do that to my cats as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    ewww grosss

dogs have weird bacterias. bacterias in human mouth meant to be there mostly
    Did you know, that there is this thing called a fecal implant? Where they will grab poop from someone healthier than you, extract the bacterias and put them inside you?
    Or a poop tea, used by veterinarians quite a lot to heal a lot of problems, all due to gut and oral bacteria, also the reason why its thought that many animals eat poop, they are sharing immunities, also why a baby born naturally has a better immunity as it is exposed to the mothers gut bacteria during delivery.

And you are concerned about "weird bacterias" in a dogs mouth? unless the dog is stray i see no reason to be concerned, if anything might give you an immune boost :P

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 09:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    The reason cats do that is because they don't want to stink like a human. It's fine every other time except when they are trying to wash themselves. I do that to my cats as well.
    Its fun as hell :P guess that makes me a bully uh? :P

yeah its scent but also think its because somehow cats are wired to clean themselves and it disrupts their fur, so they feel the need to clean it again?

yeah its scent but also think its because somehow cats are wired to clean themselves and it disrupts their fur, so they feel the need to clean it again?
    It's mostly about their fur not being aligned properly. Try stroking your hand against the fur across the back of your cat and they'll go bonkers.

It's mostly about their fur not being aligned properly. Try stroking your hand against the fur across the back of your cat and they'll go bonkers.
    hahhaa yeah did that, and bite like hell, then prance off with dignity heh, darn cats <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    I'm not convincing you to find it not disgusting. I am merely saying that to say a dog licking your face is disgusting but not finding a human kissing your mouth to be disgusting is hypocritical because a human mouth is infinitely times worse, hyperbole for funsies!
    It's "infinitely times worse" from the perspective of bacteria, which, as I have already told you, is not AT ALL what I'm talking about when I say I find the thought of a dog licking me disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do this all the time. My cat loves it. Can't get enough of it.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Because human saliva can kill you.
    Since when is what we find disgusting decided by its killing potential or bacteria it contains?

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 11:10 PM ----------

Does it have to be dangerous to be disgusting? Human saliva is cool, and I have a lot of it in my mouth already so some more from a pretty girl is totally fine with me. Dog saliva is something completely different, I would find it disgusting even if it tasted like cookies and clouds and was completely sterile. It's the consistency and smell of dog saliva that is disgusting.
    Let alone the fact that it's from a dog, which simply isn't a human. That's all I need to know to not want its saliva anywhere on me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Since when is what we find disgusting decided by its killing potential or bacteria it contains?
    It should...

10+ Year Old Account
    It should...
    People are squeamish about what they're squeamish about. It almost never has anything to do with rationality.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    i feel sorry for people that have never had a dog lick their face these people need to feel the same love we do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    People are squeamish about what they're squeamish about. It almost never has anything to do with rationality.
    I guess that's how my mind works ... logically lol

Deleted
    i actually do understand why people would find it disgusting, i use to think it was until i got a dog. and it made him so happy to give me a big slobbery kiss on the cheek i felt bad saying he couldnt do it.