Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Disconnects are getting a bit annoying now, first i got disconnected on floor 3 of Solaris Temple before finding a waypoint, now I don't even get that far without a disconnect
    IMO, don't bother playing 4pm-9pm EST. Too many disconnects, it's peak hour and GGG is still working out how to deal with the peak loads. I noticed after that time, I'm playing with no disconnects and 20-30ms. Of course, I'm not sure about your schedule so after 9 may not be optimal for you =(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Not just Whirling blades but any fast moving attack...even to an extent just running through packs of mobs at normal speeds causes problems for some.
    Jonathan (the guy who programed the lot) was on earlier today and i asked...he says they are always looking for ways to improve the desyncs but after they get the servers sorted they'll have a go at sorting the desyncs.
    good to know.. ive started a witch on hardcore while that (i hope) gets sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjarn View Post
    I thought this was pretty funny
    http://i.imgur.com/zeWqtSI.jpg
    Haha. YES.

Also, I just DC'd in Chamber of Sins and lost a chaos orb in the rollback. Really not enjoying the noobs. Like at all.

Furthermore, you guys are crazy if you are fighting through the pyramid. Nobody does that, takes too long! You run pass every zone except the ones for farming: Ledge, Fellshrine, Western Forest, Docks, Sarn-C. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Furthermore, you guys are crazy if you are fighting through the pyramid. Nobody does that, takes too long! You run pass every zone except the ones for farming: Ledge, Fellshrine, Western Forest, Docks, Sarn-C. :P
    Shit, it was my first time in there, I just had to, even so, I didn't really clean everything, I kinda skipped the last two floors....

And I also dc'ed, and can't log in again. >.<

Wait, I can now but got a queue of 9k people. D:

Deleted
    Haha. YES.

Also, I just DC'd in Chamber of Sins and lost a chaos orb in the rollback. Really not enjoying the noobs. Like at all.

Maybe once I played all zones at least once (:
    Just tried a bit of multiplayer for the first time...the time you have to pick up items is waaaaaaaaay too short imho, should be at least 7s or so.

Deleted
    Getting D/C's like every 10 mins now. I'll have to put the game on hold untill tomorrow.

Deleted
    Also, I just did pvp for the first time.

Lmao, first match was against a Maurauder that was jumping on me all day long. I couldn't hit a single arrow on him, I mean, I could, but it wasn't enough, and having a crappy lap doesn't help either.

Second match though, I won, it was so fun LOL! It was a draw in every match until the last one where I won. Managed to hit a few fire arrows and I just camped and started shooting, dude couldn't do anything.

Deleted
    Maybe I will play just a little more!

10+ Year Old Account
    I completed normal and moved on to Cruel. Geez i took a beating from the boss associated with the medicine box quest, be it from cold dmg arrows or his melee dmg.

Not to mention those big groups of wretches on the beach are certain death. Who knew little beach pebbles would be enough to go through your shield and a bit of hp

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Also, I just did pvp for the first time.

Lmao, first match was against a Maurauder that was jumping on me all day long. I couldn't hit a single arrow on him, I mean, I could, but it wasn't enough, and having a crappy lap doesn't help either.

Second match though, I won, it was so fun LOL! It was a draw in every match until the last one where I won. Managed to hit a few fire arrows and I just camped and started shooting, dude couldn't do anything.
    If PVPing as a ranged build, having Knockback support gem or Point Blank support gem/passives is super useful.

Get 'em out of your face or shotgun effect.

I use both w/ Ethereal Knives all the time. Since its a spell (can't miss/can't evade) which is also a projectile. 9 Projectiles to the face!

Deleted
    I still don't have Ethereal Knives but I have Split Arrow. Even so, I just got to level 19 on my Ranger and I can finally put the Lesser Projectile gem with my Lightning Arrow, but that shit costs 18 mana. T.T

It's probably not as effective or good as Ethereal Knives because of the mana but I don't know, atleast in pvp.

I still don't have Ethereal Knives but I have Split Arrow. Even so, I just got to level 19 on my Ranger and I can finally put the Lesser Projectile gem with my Lightning Arrow, but that shit costs 18 mana. T.T
    That's why you don't generally level gems willy nilly. :>

Most of a skill's true power come from the supports. Like Freeze Pulse on it's own is pretty garbage. Link FP with LMP and its devastating. Sweep + Increased Radius + Stun. Split Arrow + LMP + Chain, Skeletons + Totem. Double Strike + Culling + Life on Hit, etc.

All the skills are meant to function with supports-- which multiplies the mana cost in most cases.

It's probably not as effective or good as Ethereal Knives because of the mana but I don't know, atleast in pvp.
    It works pretty okay if you have Point Blank. Its hard to stay at max range as a ranged build in PVP.

Lightning Arrow can be good in PVP for getting shock stacks on them. But too costly with LMP. Probably try LA + Faster Attacks + Mana Leech.

Deleted
    Yeah, I learned that the hard way, that I can't level gems. I now understand better to why I shouldn't level up some gems.

And a lot of people bring fire traps to pvp... >.<

Some times it's annoying 'cause that's all they cast around the map and I stump on 5 in the same place, it's so bad. xd
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-01-29 at 11:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mana cost of gems isn't that bad. They changed it from the high cost in CB, to where it is now in OB. It probably gets better in 20s+ when you either get good gear, or some life/mana leech items. The only item I'm not leveling is my Hate aura.

http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Skill_Gems

Good source for gems mana cost & etc.

Also, the main forum site is really good info for class builds. There is all sort of fun theory crafting going on. helped me on both my witch and ranger.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Deleted
    Left-clicking it will level up the gem, right-clicking the icon will hide it on the side of the screen
    I didn't know that, I had like 4 gems with the "plus" thing in there, glowing all the time, and I just had to right click on it to disappear. xd

I just love grouping in PoE it's so much more effective then going solo, and about 95% of the people you meet are actually nice, which is a huge surprice coming from a game like wow or d3.
    So if anyone want to try grouping I highly recommend it, I assume you'd want quality players once you reach higher levels and difficult content but from like lvl 1-60 you should be fine in randoms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    I just love grouping in PoE it's so much more effective then going solo, and about 95% of the people you meet are actually nice, which is a huge surprice coming from a game like wow or d3.
    So if anyone want to try grouping I highly recommend it, I assume you'd want quality players once you reach higher levels and difficult content but from like lvl 1-60 you should be fine in randoms.
    Except targeting is annoying

10+ Year Old Account
    How are the acts separated? I don't think I've gotten past act 1 yet, since the only "town" I've been to is the first one.

Yeah, I learned that the hard way, that I can't level gems. I now understand better to why I shouldn't level up some gems.

And a lot of people bring fire traps to pvp... >.<

Some times it's annoying 'cause that's all they cast around the map and I stump on 5 in the same place, it's so bad. xd
    Counter with Bear Traps! They root whoever steps on them like Caitlyn's traps.

Remote Mine is also nice too. Set up Remote Mines with like Firestorm or a Cold Snap. If you can maneuver some one toward them Increase Area of Effect or Con Effect the burst damage can give you an opportunity or kill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    How are the acts separated? I don't think I've gotten past act 1 yet, since the only "town" I've been to is the first one.
    When you open the map, by clicking U, it says on top "Act 1", when you go to Act 2 and open the map again by clicking U, you'll see Act 1 and Act 2 up in there, if you click in one of them it will show the Act's 1 or 2 map.

--

Is Frenzy Gem any good? It gives a lot of AS it seems but I still don't know if it's worth it or not.

Counter with Bear Traps! They root whoever steps on them like Caitlyn's traps.

Remote Mine is also nice too. Set up Remote Mines with like Firestorm or a Cold Snap. If you can maneuver some one toward them Increase Area of Effect or Con Effect the burst damage can give you an opportunity or kill.
    Hm, never thought of bear trap tbh lol, and yeah, like Cait's. I don't know if I got Bear Trap or not but I'll give it a try next time I pvp.