Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They should let people cast while moving baseline, except healing maybe? Could make PvP more intense.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    They should let people cast while moving baseline, except healing maybe? Could make PvP more intense.
    Then they would probably need to reduce interrupt CD's to compensate. Casters being able to dps freely while moving is a big issue in both PvE and PvP. In PvP in means they suffer very little when having to run away. In PvE it's the same deal which is also one of the biggest reasons why the past 2 expansions, casters have been heavily favored over melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone needs to stop screaming that the sky is falling every time some change gets posted, particularly a datamined early-PTR change like this. Since GC has confirmed, here, that the cast-while-moving is going baseline.

posting about how you're quitting and the spec is ruined when you do not know the full changes and have not made any effort to find/wait for them to be revealed is not constructive or helpful posting, and it won't be tolerated. It does nothing but make everyone else unhappy, either by convincing people that you know something they don't (and you don't), or by making people upset that you're overreacting.

I'm giving people a pass, this time around, but be warned that this kind of behaviour is actionable. There's ways to be critical without shouting that the sky is falling.

To the people that regard this as a nerf instead of a buff..you might want to consider rerolling

Quote Originally Posted by EruptorNZ View Post
    It's just a possible change, considering the lead systems designer tweeted that he doesn't like how much movement dps there is. I can definitely see it happening, considering how much movement dps plays in current encounters and theres some classes that can't do anything during movement dps phases, might as well make everyone equal.
    The obvious change then would be to give every body movement, not renig how it is now.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    From GC's twitter: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...94055281020929
    Old Unleashed Lightning glyph benefit is baked in for Elemental. Cast time penalty just goes away. (Anything can change before 5.3 launch.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muezick View Post
    The obvious change then would be to give every body movement, not renig how it is now.
    Which again, would further the gap between melee and casters. Casters need a drawback like melees inability to dps while not in range and having to standstill to cast makes a perfect fit. If they reduce the number abilities that can be cast while moving then they can also reduce the number of interrupts around, the number of gap closers around and balance both PvE and PvP better.

I'm pretty sure there was only a single person in this thread who said they were going to quit, assuming it was going to happen. Everyone else stayed skeptical but voiced their opinions on if it actually went through.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falisa View Post
    I'm pretty sure there was only a single person in this thread who said they were going to quit, assuming it was going to happen. Everyone else stayed skeptical but voiced their opinions on if it actually went through.
    They didn't remain skeptical at all. Some of the posts seemed pretty absolute that they elemental was going to be broken and that they knew the UL effect had been scrapped, which is the issue. They had no way of knowing if it was gone or not but they posted as if it definitely was.

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    Which again, would further the gap between melee and casters. Casters need a drawback like melees inability to dps while not in range and having to standstill to cast makes a perfect fit. If they reduce the number abilities that can be cast while moving then they can also reduce the number of interrupts around, the number of gap closers around and balance both PvE and PvP better.
    A baseline buff which everybody gets called "Battle fatigue" or something that prevents all movement while casting in battlegrounds/Arena's would be really nice. I don't even pvp that much, but I love being able to move and cast in PVE, especially this expansion, which is filled up to the brim with movement heavy fights.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

So that's a straight up buff to LB and a new mandatory 10% damage reduction ? Looks like odds are in our favor !

10+ Year Old Account
    With this change (both the 5% cast slow gone and the 10% dmg reduction) ele is gonna be in a very strong spot in 5.3. It's already fairly decent in 3s, and obviously depending on what they do with other classes it will only get better. 10% might seem to be not enough at first sight, but over the course of a fight it's a big buff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muezick View Post
    A baseline buff which everybody gets called "Battle fatigue" or something that prevents all movement while casting in battlegrounds/Arena's would be really nice. I don't even pvp that much, but I love being able to move and cast in PVE, especially this expansion, which is filled up to the brim with movement heavy fights.
    The ranged vs melee debacle is even more evident in PvE than it is in PvP. Remember that buff to Might/TSA etc from 10-20% melee attack power in DS because melee were simply falling too far behind casters, mostly because being a caster had almost no drawbacks whatsoever. Most casters are approaching being able to do 90%+ of their dps while moving which just isn't acceptable at all. Casters need that drawback and having to stand still to cast is a pretty effective one in all areas of content.

Is casting while moving great? Of course it is. I love it more than anything. But it needs to go, for the sake of balance in the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    yeh i doubt ele will be unable to cast lightning bolt while moving, it'd make no sense, warlocks able to cast their entire rotation while moving, baseline. so im 99% sure it's going to be baseline and just a pure buff to elemental so don't worry guys.
    Warlocks don't get it baseline. It's one of their 90 talents.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    Warlocks don't get it baseline. It's one of their 90 talents.
    yeh i got that confused with the changes to it how its permanently on with the talent no longer requiring activation.

The ranged vs melee debacle is even more evident in PvE than it is in PvP. Remember that buff to Might/TSA etc from 10-20% melee attack power in DS because melee were simply falling too far behind casters, mostly because being a caster had almost no drawbacks whatsoever. Most casters are approaching being able to do 90%+ of their dps while moving which just isn't acceptable at all. Casters need that drawback and having to stand still to cast is a pretty effective one in all areas of content.

Is casting while moving great? Of course it is. I love it more than anything. But it needs to go, for the sake of balance in the game.

They need to pick a direction and go with it. Right now Locks/Hunters can do 100% of their rotation on the move, Mages (depending on the spec) can do most of their rotation on the move, Ele is decent while moving and Shadow/Moonkin are just awful at movement. I think everyone being able to cast their filler spells while moving would be fine and everything else you would have to stand in one spot for. Also lets not act like Melee is being forced to stand away from bosses for 20 seconds at a time ( on most fights anyways). A good handful of the melee specs have insane mobility and can jump from target to target quite easily. The disparity between ranged and melee has more to do with multi dotting than it does ranged being able to cast while moving. Hunters are around mid pack yet they can DPS while moving with 0 drawback.

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    They need to pick a direction and go with it. Right now Locks/Hunters can do 100% of their rotation on the move, Mages (depending on the spec) can do most of their rotation on the move, Ele is decent while moving and Shadow/Moonkin are just awful at movement. I think everyone being able to cast their filler spells while moving would be fine and everything else you would have to stand in one spot for. Also lets not act like Melee is being forced to stand away from bosses for 20 seconds at a time ( on most fights anyways). A good handful of the melee specs have insane mobility and can jump from target to target quite easily. The disparity between ranged and melee has more to do with multi dotting than it does ranged being able to cast while moving. Hunters are around mid pack yet they can DPS while moving with 0 drawback.
    idd does anyone do pvp? try getting away from a rogue with cooldowns or a warrior, or a windwalker or feral, they have no mobility issues and can change target in the blink of an eye no problem and get straight back to their original target just as fast, only dks lack crazy mobility but they have the most ranged attacks with howling blast and death coils doing really good damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Which is why GC is waiting until a new expansion to introduce a huge change to the game such as removing the ability to cast while moving from most classes. It's easier to remove mechanics and rebuild a class during a new expansion period than it is mid-expansion.
    you are right, the problem is that you have to strugle for 2 years with class that get a bit les atention at begining of expac and thats seriously really frustrating, expecially when it somehow hapens every expansion over and over again and there is not even one person in blizz staff that could see that one class is just facerol kiled in pvp

today i made cap of conquest on 2vs2 with frost mage who got maybe 1 pvp item, no glyphs or talents for pvp (i have full pvp epic gear and ~8 years of experience) gues what i was been primary target in 90% of maches, i died most of the time in 3-4 globals while he could sucesfull stay alive for 30-40sec while fully focused, tell me thats alright god damn

its like paying full price for half of the product
    Last edited by kosajk; 2013-04-02 at 02:39 AM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    you are right, the problem is that you have to strugle for 2 years with clases that get some more atention at begining of expac in every aspect of the game and that seriously really frustrating
    so true, start of cata elemental is so shit it needs GoUL to make it not a joke spec in pve, start of mop elemental is shit and needs huge buffs going into 5.2.

so if casting while moving is removed for the next x-pac why should i believe blizz won't fuck my spec yet again at the start of an x-pac?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    Most of what you said I agree with but I think I need to point out I never once said that the ability to move and dps freely was the only thing that attributes to the melee/caster difference.

Multi-dotting definitely is a big thing as well but the moving while casting still has a noticeable impact. Not only does it allow you to continue dps while moving but it does that on top of a casters already existing ability to dps from 40 yards away, which can make a huge difference on fights like Ji'kun, where you need to spread out to avoid chaining Caw damage or Iron Qon's, or more specifically Ro'shak's Unleashed flame. You might prefer more ranged on that fight as they can group up safely away from the boss while still maintaining 100% of their dps.

There are already too many advantages to being a ranged in raiding and they really need an drawback like melee have, in which having to stop to cast makes sense. Melee only have to stop dps when they have to move to a new target or move away from something. Why not casters too?
    Last edited by mmoce5ee2a432e; 2013-04-02 at 02:21 AM.