Thread: Cheer me up.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cheer me up.

I lost my wallet today, that has a Social Security card, Credit card, Drivers license, bank card, cash, and school ID in it at a wallmart parking lot. Im 19 and will be moving out into my own apartment this Saturday, but after this, I feel despair.

Can anyone make me feel better?

15+ Year Old Account
    108 people die worldwide each minute. Consider yourself lucky by comparison.

While I feel bad for you up coming time loss of having to deal with canceling accounts, getting new ID's and the general paranoia of future identity theft, I will make you feel better by giving you some good advice.

Don't carry your SSID card with you. Memorize the number, and keep it some place safe. While your DL number, name and address is prolly enough to get your screwed over, having your SSN right there with all of that is just asking for a world of hurt.

Here's a cat in a shark suit riding a roomba, with a duck.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey P View Post
    Don't carry your SSID card with you. Memorize the number, and keep it some place safe. While your DL number, name and address is prolly enough to get your screwed over, having your SSN right there with all of that is just asking for a world of hurt.
    What's so bad about losing the SSID card ? How exactly does that work in the US ?

Quote Originally Posted by Aelayah View Post
    What's so bad about losing the SSID card ? How exactly does that work in the US ?
    Most utilities and services I have dealt with ask for the last four of your SSN when calling to make changes. Those digits are never included on your statements. Basically, if you mail were to get ripped off, or your wallet, most security questions with private accounts involve the SSN. It is one more layer of protection so to speak.

Hopefully this guy didn't have his mother's maiden name written on the back of any of the shit in his wallet.

Well no worries, just call all the card companies block everything and get new ones printed

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Quote Originally Posted by Aelayah View Post
    It's basically a terrible replacement for a national ID. Employers ask for it. More importantly in this circumstance, banks and credit card companies ask for it (the number, not the card... the card is just a thick piece of paper) before issuing loans or credit. As someone else mentioned, memorize that thing. The card itself should never be carried unless you're getting hired and the employer needs to make a photocopy for their records.
    Last edited by belfpala; 2013-04-29 at 06:55 AM.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    Im 19 and will be moving out into my own apartment this Saturday
    That should be enough. I envy you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    It's basically a terrible replacement for a national ID. Employers ask for it. More importantly in this circumstance, banks and credit card companies ask for it (the number, not the card... the card is just a thick piece of paper) before issuing loans or credit. As someone else mentioned, memorize that thing. The card itself should never be carried unless you're getting hired and the employer needs to make a photocopy for their records.
    Sounds complicated.

When I lost my wallet last year I put up a few posters in the park where I lost it. 5 days later I got a call that someone found my documents around one of the posters. I didn't get back the money, but It saved me a lot of trouble. I gave the lady that called me a little reward as well. You can give that a try.

Or this:

Last edited by Cybran; 2013-04-29 at 08:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you feel bad about yourself, just remember that Ryan Seacrest tried high fiving a blind guy and you feel AWESOME about yourself, instantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    When you feel bad about yourself, just remember that Ryan Seacrest tried high fiving a blind guy and you feel AWESOME about yourself, instantly.
    Oh man thats awkward

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    Oh wow, I feel awkward just watching that xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I hate this.

Under your logic, no one ever has the right to feel down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    No reason to be a jerk about it.

To the OP, if you are 19 and moving into an apartment by yourself, you are already doing pretty good compared to most in your group.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

10+ Year Old Account
    It's hard to consider 'despair' when you seem to have it better than many people your age. A credit rating, a place of your own? That's a lot more than I had at that age.

Also, look on the bright side. This will be a lesson learned. Keep track of your wallet better. I lost my wallet once when I was young, too. And I've made a point never to carry anything I can't replace easily in it since then, and keep much better track of it.

Also, also... uh. Why is your SS card in your wallet? It says "Keep in a SAFE place" on the card for a reason. On your person is not safe.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Zildjian View Post
    I hate this.

Under your logic, no one ever has the right to feel down.
    108 a minute is quite a lot of people...thats more then 1 a second, so yes one should feel happy atleast that you are alive, and have managed to make it through life this long without being crushed by some random object.i believe thats all he is saying. OT your 19 and moving out on your own, mistakes and accidents like this happen, how you deal with them will determine your success. if you just want to get sad and have someone pinch your cheek and wipe your bum and tell you its going to be ok, well then i would say hope is dwindling :P everything you lost is easily replaced and all accounts can be changed.

You could have ended up dead or maimed.