Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Correct.

Wow peaked in subs at over 12million during Wrath. Basically speaking Wow was at its peak during Wrath and the game has bled subs ever since.
    Exactly, and how the IGN makes it sound that WOW lost from 12M to 8,3M only during Mists of Pandaria, Which is just not correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    You seriously think it will never be free to play? How delusional are you?

Obviously it won't be any time soon, but to state NEVER? Lol.
    They can close it down before going f2p.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eventually the game will go F2P, most MMOs do, it's a long way off however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulus View Post
    They can close it down before going f2p.
    And then every gamer is like, Where did WoW GO!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Thoughts on this video from IGN:

http://ca.ign.com/videos/2013/05/09/...o-free-to-play

They are predicting free to play and talk about the loss of subscriptions and how fast it is falling (numbers)

I am not saying they are right, but if it happens....that would be the date Wow officially died.
    So, on one hand, they say Wow should go F2P, player buy the contents they want and play what they bought. On the other hand, they comment about people no longer buy music but subscribe to services where they listen to as many music as much as they like. And also mention how EA is also looking at a subscription service.

So they say subscription is good but Wow should not be subscription? Did I miss anything?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    And then every gamer is like, Where did WoW GO!?
    If there will be better alternatives, then I really doubt that will happen. Or they can close it to benefit something else, like their project titan when it hits, motivating people by something like this:"Guys, this is the new BLIZZARD product, next "WoW", subscribe there"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    So, on one hand, they say Wow should go F2P, player buy the contents they want and play what they bought. On the other hand, they comment about people no longer buy music but subscribe to services where they listen to as many music as much as they like. And also mention how EA is also looking at a subscription service.

So they say subscription is good but Wow should not be subscription? Did I miss anything?
    That does lead me to an interesting question of would people buy "BlizzPass"

Access to all Blizzard games for lets say $20 a month. (SCII, WoW, D3, Titan).

No box prices nothing at all (you don't own anything ofc though).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    I would play WoW if it was f2p, as I currently don't feel like it's worth the fee every month. Content and community has gone downhill since TBC.
    *shrugs* If WoW went f2p, I would quit.

Go look at the f2p games. Do any of them have legit raiding? Wait, no? That's why I won't stay if WoW goes f2p.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Exactly, and how the IGN makes it sound that WOW lost from 12M to 8,3M only during Mists of Pandaria, Which is just not correct.
    But the worrying thing for this large drop is subs is that it comes less than 6months into an expansion... thats totally unheard of before.

All this stupid talk about when players 'take a break' is a new phenomena created during Cata to explain the drops in subs. Every Wow player i know never took a break, when they stopped was when they quit. Basically speaking the 1.3mill that left Wow are more than likely players who dont intend to come back.

10+ Year Old Account
    But the worrying thing for this large drop is subs is that it comes less than 6months into an expansion... thats totally unheard of before.

All this stupid talk about when players 'take a break' is a new phenomena created during Cata to explain the drops in subs. Every Wow player i know never took a break, when they stopped was when they quit. Basically speaking the 1.3mill that left Wow are more than likely players who dont intend to come back.
    Hi! I took a break at the start of Cata for three months. I came back. I took another break towards the end of Cata. I came back again.

MoP has actually held my attention much better than Cata did, despite my disdain for dailies.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted
    Sorry this is utter total Hyperbole.

Load of people I know have "taken a break" and come back.

One of my closest friends resubs every content patch till he is bored than unsubs and comes back again next content patch, in my guild I can think of 6 people that do something similar.

Just because you (one person) does not see it, does not mean it does not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Merp View Post
    that's quite absurd and unjustified in 2013, when lots of other games offer more frequent content updates for free.
    We're at 3 content patches, to be accurate. Even if one of them was little more than a new daily hub and NPC to upgrade gear. (I guess scenarios too)

10+ Year Old Account

I have taken multiple breaks from wow, about 3-6 months on average.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thoughts on this video from IGN:

http://ca.ign.com/videos/2013/05/09/...o-free-to-play

They are predicting free to play and talk about the loss of subscriptions and how fast it is falling (numbers)

I am not saying they are right, but if it happens....that would be the date Wow officially died.
    I'm not wasting 11 minutes of my life to watch that to find out they are trolling me... the title is enough to tell me that... one simple question for YOU, if you were in charge of WOW... would YOU throw away 1.4 BILLION dollars a year to switch from a highly profitable subscription model (which they have) to a F2P model? All you need to do is answer that question... then you have your answer whether Wow is going to be going F2P any time soon.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    World of Warcraft will NEVER BE free to play.
    WoW is free to play, to an extend, level 20, can't do this, can't do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    Joystiq is asking the same question.
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/05...-free-to-play/

It's not an unreasonable question when you are losing 400k players a month.
    Ask the question all you like... look at their income stream... 124M a month, 1.494 BILLION a year... yea.. they are gonna just throw that away.. THAT is why they aren't goign F2P anytime soon...

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Sub fee games aren't totally dead.

More people are playing Blade and Soul than LoL in Korea at $20 per month although it will launch in China this year as F2P since that's what the market demands there. No word on what the pay model will look like for the western launch yet.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I'm not wasting 11 minutes of my life to watch that to find out they are trolling me... the title is enough to tell me that... one simple question for YOU, if you were in charge of WOW... would YOU throw away 1.4 BILLION dollars a year to switch from a highly profitable subscription model (which they have) to a F2P model? All you need to do is answer that question... then you have your answer whether Wow is going to be going F2P any time soon.
    To play devils advocate a bit.

If I was pretty sure I could make 1.6 BILLION dollars a year from a F2P model then yes I would

Can you make 1.6 BILLION dollars a year from F2P though, I find this very unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    IGN also posted saying that they copywrited the name "Redguard" and most likely would be the next Skyrim expansion.

2 months later, Bethesda announces that there are no more Skyrim expansions being made.

What you learn here is that IGN is simply creating a story out of nothing. WoW subs are in the news, and they're "creating" a speculation JUST to get traffic hits...

...and to get people like the OP to link them to other forum websites in order to get MORE traffic hits. :P
    Again, you find something I agree with... its all about getting the website traffic and trying to get folks on the F2P bandwagon.

I will agree with this:

1. Will go f2p when ttitan is released

2. Titan news will finally be released at Blizzcon
    BS.
    The first footage of Titan will be at blizzcon, release date for Titan will atleast be Q2 2014 more likely 2015-16 though

OT: WoW won't go F2P anytime soon