Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It will only get worse as more locks/mages/rogues get closer to BiS, considering they scale better than us anyway.

Post 5.3 ive been getting beat by ferals and hunters. Just that DKs spot seem to get replaced by feral. Monks dps got boosted significantly.

Warlocks totally dominate.

I'm just looking forward to 5.4 now.

You guys really should find yourselves worse guilds where you can carry the DPS and feel like a superhero every day. Who needs progress when you can have endless positive reinforcement about your own superiority?

What's the point getting top dps when everyone sucks. Just go LFR then.

But in LFR you still have a small chance of getting queued with a competent and well geared lock/rogue/whatever who will swiftly and mecilessly shatter your delusions of grandeur into a thousand tears.

Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post
    Post 5.3 ive been getting beat by ferals and hunters. Just that DKs spot seem to get replaced by feral. Monks dps got boosted significantly.

Warlocks totally dominate.

I'm just looking forward to 5.4 now.
    Don't worry... they will make bloodthirst look more dangerous and that's the only buff we will receive. The other classes will laugh at us and increase the gap even more once they get some new gear.

I usually inspect the warlocks and quit if they are less than 10 Ilevels below me. Otherwise, flask and 2x pot we still can have a chance...

Quote Originally Posted by Mataru View Post
    But in LFR you still have a small chance of getting queued with a competent and well geared lock/rogue/whatever who will swiftly and mecilessly shatter your delusions of grandeur into a thousand tears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Senturion, if you are getting beat on non cheese encounters that badly, just use weak auras:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Warrior-Fury-!

It won't max your output, but the way you are describing yourself getting beat, it can't hurt you. Will get you within 5% dps of your optimal dps. To get the remaining 5, you can figure out on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Mataru View Post
    You guys really should find yourselves worse guilds where you can carry the DPS and feel like a superhero every day. Who needs progress when you can have endless positive reinforcement about your own superiority?
    lol that's what I did when I played.
    No world! You put YOUR hands up!

So I just follow boss and they will do the rotation for me? Or do I still need to press my keyboard?

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    Senturion, if you are getting beat on non cheese encounters that badly, just use weak auras:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Warrior-Fury-!

It won't max your output, but the way you are describing yourself getting beat, it can't hurt you. Will get you within 5% dps of your optimal dps. To get the remaining 5, you can figure out on your own.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I just follow boss and they will do the rotation for me? Or do I still need to press my keyboard?
    You still press your buttons. It just shows you what to press. The only reason I am showing you this is because you make it seem like you are getting beat badly and you shouldn't be. That leads me to believe that you are either poorly geared (compared to your raid), or have a flaw(s) in your rotation.

---------- Post added 2013-06-08 at 07:35 PM ----------

stephen ‏@sjsctt 22h
    @Ghostcrawler @Holsety_ @Yeindou Why would any group bring an arms warrior that is struggling with a boss?
    Expand
    Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler 2h
    @sjsctt Because for nearly every guild, your group comp isn't what's holding you back. It's not meeting the encounter mechanics.

---------- Post added 2013-06-08 at 07:36 PM ----------

@sjsctt Fury is plenty strong in PvE. Arms is probably a little behind, but not so far that you can't play it.
    Last edited by sjsctt; 2013-06-08 at 05:27 PM.

ghostcrawler is a monumental idiot, arms is unplayable and fury is bad, it was good in 5.2 but if you buff all its competitors by 8-12% then you doom it to the garbage, ww and feral were already beating fury the second they got rune so their buff was nothing short of retarded

@sjsctt Fury is plenty strong in PvE. Arms is probably a little behind, but not so far that you can't play it.
    Had a good hard laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Damosapien View Post
    ghostcrawler is a monumental idiot
    And this is stating it nice. If this is supposedly plenty good I'd really be interested what would be considered bad.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-06-08 at 10:27 PM.

Cool. Will try it. I don't really use keyboard much . Prefer using mouse to click. Feels much more fluid.

You still press your buttons. It just shows you what to press. The only reason I am showing you this is because you make it seem like you are getting beat badly and you shouldn't be. That leads me to believe that you are either poorly geared (compared to your raid), or have a flaw(s) in your rotation.

---------- Post added 2013-06-08 at 07:35 PM ----------

stephen ‏@sjsctt 22h
    @Ghostcrawler @Holsety_ @Yeindou Why would any group bring an arms warrior that is struggling with a boss?
    Expand
    @sjsctt Because for nearly every guild, your group comp isn't what's holding you back. It's not meeting the encounter mechanics.

---------- Post added 2013-06-08 at 07:36 PM ----------

Last edited by senturion; 2013-06-09 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Damosapien View Post
    ghostcrawler is a monumental idiot, arms is unplayable and fury is bad, it was good in 5.2 but if you buff all its competitors by 8-12% then you doom it to the garbage, ww and feral were already beating fury the second they got rune so their buff was nothing short of retarded
    If anything is monumentally idiotic, then it's your post. Fury isn't anywhere close to being garbage, it's just not a top spec currently. It's nowhere near bad enough that a decent guild won't give a spot to a skilled player that happens to be a fury warrior.

On the "bright" side, now that more and more BiS and near BiS warriors are falling further and further behind the competition in dps numbers, Blizz might finally get the hint that warrior super-scaling is, finally, a thing of the past.

The higher ilvl gets the larger the gap grows to mages/roges/locks (you can test this out yourself by taking BiS simcraft profiles of a warrior and another dps spec, then increasing the quality of each of their items evenly. funny thing I noticed, even if we were to magically get our hands on weapons from an imaginary next tier ( about +27% more weapon dps and stats), we still wouldn't beat assassination rogues with BiS from this tier single target, that's just plain wrong.

This makes me kinda wish they will perhaps finally tackle the age old haste scaling topic, remove the +50% passive haste band-aid, and replace it with an actual proper haste scaling mechanic (something like Sanctity of Battle that ret paladins have would be incredible). Warrior dps scaling is just not good enough atm, and making haste scale in a different way for us seems like a natural approach to fill in the missing piece.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    On the "bright" side, now that more and more BiS and near BiS warriors are falling further and further behind the competition in dps numbers, Blizz might finally get the hint that warrior super-scaling is, finally, a thing of the past.

The higher ilvl gets the larger the gap grows to mages/roges/locks (you can test this out yourself by taking BiS simcraft profiles of a warrior and another dps spec, then increasing the quality of each of their items evenly. funny thing I noticed, even if we were to magically get our hands on weapons from an imaginary next tier ( about +27% more weapon dps and stats), we still wouldn't beat assassination rogues with BiS from this tier single target, that's just plain wrong.

This makes me kinda wish they will perhaps finally tackle the age old haste scaling topic, remove the +50% passive haste band-aid, and replace it with an actual proper haste scaling mechanic (something like Sanctity of Battle that ret paladins have would be incredible). Warrior dps scaling is just not good enough atm, and making haste scale in a different way for us seems like a natural approach to fill in the missing piece.
    Why would you want to scale with haste? We have next to no haste on our ideal gear, I'm not sure why haste scaling would fix anything.

If anything, the problem is the addition of a mechanic that scales well with haste in the form of rppm effects. I don't understand why they thought it would be a good idea to make proc effects scale in the first place, and scale with one stat only.

I'm going to use H Jin'rokh as a comparison considering:

1. Most decent players / guilds have been farming H Jin'rokh long enough
    2. No adds and No cheese.
    3. Not a fight that depends on strat (e.g. Tortos)
    4. Was a fight where warriors used to rank highly on

All parses:
    http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Jin'r...14/60/default/

Top 100 parses:

Whether you look at top 100 or the median of all parses.. we have clearly fallen back this tier. Not forgetting that since H Jinrokh and H Tortos drop our H weapons, FURY should be one of the first to grab these weapons.

As a class, we are at the bottom. The other classes have at least one spec which rank higher than us. I think we are going to get buffed soon.. FINALLY !

p.s: I thought it was really funny that the median top 100 parse of Rogue is more than double that of the top 100 parse of Arms warriors. Mega buffffff coming.
    Last edited by senturion; 2013-06-09 at 12:54 PM.

I'm going to use H Jin'rokh as a comparison considering:

1. Most decent players / guilds have been farming H Jin'rokh long enough
    2. No adds and No cheese.
    3. Not a fight that depends on strat (e.g. Tortos)
    4. Was a fight where warriors used to rank highly on

All parses:

Top 100 parses:

Whether you look at top 100 or the median of all parses.. we have clearly fallen back this tier. Not forgetting that since H Jinrokh and H Tortos drop our H weapons, FURY should be one of the first to grab these weapons.

As a class, we are at the bottom. The other classes have at least one spec which rank higher than us. I think we are going to get buffed soon.. FINALLY !

p.s: I thought it was really funny that the median top 100 parse of Rogue is more than double that of the top 100 parse of Arms warriors. Mega buffffff coming.
    It's a gimmick fight, you cant really compare there. It's all about RNG when in the pool
    Peaked 1342521 dps on that fight, dont think that was due to my non TF weapons + agility offhand
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Nope, but there is a tendency for the echochamber of whining to spiral out of control, and so everyone involved thinks this is the worst thing ever.

That's why we use raidofbots because it uses the median of all parses (or TOP 100 if you prefer it that way)

RNG in pool impacts everyone. Get a large enough sample size and it will be a fair comparison.

Which other fight do you suggest we compare this tier?