Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    You do realize that they market this game to China right? So, given that the entire expansion is based in chinese culture, most if not all, of the cliches and stuff are authentic and needed to be handled in such a way to make China happy. Therefore, they were handled the "asian stuff" as well as they could have been.
    You mean apart from they seem to have annoyed many Chinese players with the Hollywood stereotype of Chinese culture?

10+ Year Old Account
    I dislike how people run around with 400k health and some classes can hit for 250k or whatever. It made PvP feel really unbalanced, Some classes felt very overpowered than certain others.
    I miss how people would have 17-20k health and crit for a max of like 7k, 1v1'ing people was alot more fun and just general pvp felt better.
    I dislike MoP pvp alot, it feels broken to me.

I've not played for 5 or so months now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    The blizz shop. We've had to pay for the game, all the expansions, a subscription fee per month and theres STILL items in the game you can't have without throwing more money at blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by billielecter View Post
    Blizzard nowadays pay much more attention to prolong the life of WOW at the expense of destroying its fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Pandas. Still find them disgusting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    The constant simplification of everything
    To me, the dev's have the complete wrong philosophy about game design (blizzard as a whole now a days). This idea of "accessibility" is fine, but blizzard has devolved into "accessibility at the cost of anything". They are working to make the game so damn easy they forgot they gotta have some depth in there to keep anyone really interested. (besides the loyalist who will play no matter what).
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    daily grinds, and just not being that into Pandaria or Pandaren in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    So much potential the son of hellscream could have had if not handled awfully by Blizzards lore wrecking team. Killing him off is a mercy tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    class homogenization
    Quote Originally Posted by coolbaluk1 View Post
    financial situation
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Guild stopped playing. Some of us migrated to other games, like GW2,
    Pretty much all of these together, that said I would maybe still log on once in a while if only to check out the new patches if it was F2P or preferably B2P like GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR, dailies, expensive prices, and the community hasn't gotten any better either. Blizzard fails to deliver epic content, ever since 4.2 the game went downhill. Seriously this game has been dumbed down so bad it's just pathetic. Don't give me the "I'm a casual player and only play 5 hours a week" crap. Cause we all know that ain't true, all I've seen is greedy fucks that want everything handed to them with as little effort as possible. If you want to be a good player, get 1337 gear etc etc. You need to put effort into a game, blood sweat an tears. You can be the worst player ever, begin at level 1 and within a week you're level 90 and got full epic 522+ ilvl with no effort at all. And that's exactly what's wrong with this game.

Besides, the whole Pandaria thing doesn't interest me at all. Too much Asian stuff.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Deleted
    Many things -- gear progress and super rare items mostly. I had to be in a very good guild, I had to be active, I had to do dailies, farm for consumables, do same raid for months if I wanted to just have MOSTLY bis gear and to have even a CHANCE to get some super rare mount. It's not what I imagine under the word "fun".
    But last drop was entire Cataclysm with remaking of my very favorite, very loved old world. They hit EVERY location I loved and they hit them hard. Needless to say pandas didn't add to my desire to be back at all, in fact they only cemented my ever-growing hatred towards modern WoW.

I have had a constant Sub for wow since 6 months after release. I have never cancelled it, but have quit for a few months at a time here and there. Basically now I just want to kill Garrosh and hope that 6.0 Brings something worth while. I also only play the game to raid, that's right im a raid logger. And our guild of 5 excellent players and 5 shit players couldn't get through Horridon 10N so we fell apart, and I couldn't be arsed to find another guild. I would prolly still be playing if LFR had dependable drop rates not 2 weeks in a row where I get nothing on 3 different characters.

I still play, but if my handful of friends quit I most likely would too. There are so many other games out there which are free or pay-as-you-will that I enjoy and it's tough to justify the monthly payment for WoW when I have as much fun in those. And as a primarily Alliance player, the lack of story/polish is really starting to wear on me. Say it's whiny or immature or whatever, but I'm tired of getting less content just because I happened to choose the "wrong" faction.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

I still browse Warcraft news occasionally even though I haven't played since 2010 or so at the end of Wrath. I spent almost 6 years playing the game and since the game has so much of an impact on gaming in general and dominates discussion in the MMO sphere, I like to see what it is up to.

I had quite a few reasons for actually leaving, some mundane such as wanting to focus more of my free time on other hobbies and social life, but the major thing that drove me away from Warcraft was that I personally felt like my journey had ended when I had defeated Hard Mode Arthas.

I could complain about a lot of the systems changing to things that i didn't like as much as the older systems, but some newer systems were better for me so I think all that actually balanced itself out. The big thing was that I had nothing tying me down and making me want to play anymore after killing the Lich King. I really didn't care for the idea of fighting Deathwing just b/c he was there, and with the world changing due to Cataclysm, it just seemed like the perfect bookend to the whole journey from Vanilla to Wrath. With many of my guildmates moving on as well for various reasons, that pretty much just sealed the deal. It was a good run while it lasted though, and I had tons of fun with it.

Quite a few reasons.

1. Class uniqueness mostly killed. I'm all for "bring the player, not the class" philosophy, but only when it comes to the roles. All tanks should be viable, as should DPS be middle of the pack, and all healers should be viable in any style encounter. The other stuff such as interrupts, slows, CC, etc being passed off to every class/spec combo in the game kills it for me, and ruins the idea that each class/spec could be themed or unique in it's own way instead of everyone having everything everybody else has.

2. Stat scaling is just getting ridiculous. People often argue that "it's just a number", and they're right, but since that's the case, then numbers don't mean anything if they're big or small. I dislike seeing K and more prominent in the future, M in combat text. I feel like reminds players that it doesn't matter what the numbers are or how ridiculously big they are, just as long as they match the current expansion/patch content. If it's going 565k 313k 1M 735k, then it might as well be any number to me.

3. Gear, items, and professions. I feel like crafting professions could be a lot more useful and overall getting one item from crafting up to par with Ilvl of the current content isn't too much to ask for. It's cool to feel like your crafting is actually attractive as a gearing option for a specific slot, and it means professions aren't just there to give you a stat boost, it's also there to help you throughout the whole expansion, not just the beginning.

Gear itself is just boring to me, you simply pick your specs best stats, reforge into them and gem your best stats and that's it. It would be cool if certain pieces of gear had something unique on them more often, or maybe some more class specific items rather than just "stam, primary, 2-3 secondaries".

Interesting items have become a bit more prominent in Mists, but I think there's just too many of them at the moment. (such as the glider or the amber CC item).

4. I feel like zones in general could be more useful rather than just a place to go when you're farming up a new character. It's cool that they revamp certain content to make the old world actually seem like it goes through changes every so often, but other than that one patch per expansion, it just feels like being anywhere else is always a waste of time. The whole "we're going to make players want to go out into the world" thing needs some better implementation.

5. This is my biggest one: Classes have TOO many skills and players should feel more encouraged to use their entire toolkit and not just their 5-8 DPS buttons. I feel like some class/spec combos could lose some of the bulk in their spellbooks, and some others need a bit of consolidation, and maybe some just need their skills revamped or re-looked into. They could probably reinforce some better spec uniqueness by doing this as well.

6. Mists in particular didn't interest me that much. I was more intrigued with what Wrathion is planning to do and why demons are still hanging around outland even though Illidan (their master) is dead than I was with Pandaren or the Sha or what have you. The Garrosh dictatorship plot is a first for WoW lore in terms of faction clashing goes, but the Alliance STILL aren't interesting and STILL feel like their left behind in the coolness factor again, and I played Horde.

7. Choice of content. Scenarios bored me to tears, and are just very cheap overall to design. Devs aren't supporting dungeons past X.0 patches anymore because it's easier to make scenarios and players just jump right into LFR's.

There's probably a few more reasons but this is just my personal list and I should probably end it here.
    Last edited by LTCrystallite; 2013-06-25 at 11:12 PM.
    Do not underestimate us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Well yeah I mean shits 8 years old what do you expect lol however it still remains king why is that? Because It's still good despite It's outdated as fuck
    Hes telling u why he unsubbed... thats his perogative. Just cos u dont agree with him is very irrelevant.

Mostly the pure homogenization of everything in the game. Just isn't worth my time to grind for anything anymore.

Why would you be on these forums if you quit wow ?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not the same game. You can say it is but for me it's not and that's why I quit, the game was good up until ToC and that's where the downhill started for me.

---------- Post added 2013-06-25 at 07:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Adieu View Post
    Because over here on mmoc we can talk about it (in a proper way) without the battle.net forum mods banning us. We aren't restricted here as long as we act appropriately.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Looking for raid...or rather the sense of gear feeling like a reward. Doesn't really feel rewarding when theres 3 different types of armor of the same thing of which one every retard and their mothers has one as well.

I should feel awesome when I get that new piece of gear, but I don't as if I don't get it in normal today I'l get it in lfr tommorow with no sense of effort put in.

Same godamn reason you are in a thread about people who quit WoW when you haven't. Theres more to talk about then WoW on this forum.

Deleted
    People who left Wow are not Wow haters... thats a misconception.

Most still love Wow... they just dont like it enough right now to sub to the game.

You are on the world of Warcraft forum. So actually there's nothing else to talk about but wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    CRZ, the extremely limited options for gearing up if you prefer to play alts rather than be a "progressive" raider. the distinct feeling that they are trying to force you to stay subscribed as long as possible rather than appreciating that some of us would just stay subscribed and find stuff to do if we weren't forced to rage quit. i've quit countless times since I started in B.C. anywhere from a couple of months to probably somewhere around 6 or 7. since I'm not drinking anymore I don't think i'l ever have a re-subscribe in the middle of the night moment of weakness again so...unless it goes free to play I probably wont be back. oh and of course the fact that so so many people you run into in the game have zero problem being rude.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuna View Post
    What can make me come back: Make LFR only available for previous raids and not current content. That will motivate me better to actually look for a guild. LFR should be a preview of what raiding actually is with a team of 25 players rather than making it a loot pinata.
    This. Everything getting casual is sickening.

Deleted
    You are on the world of Warcraft forum. So actually there's nothing else to talk about but wow.
    It's a gaming forum, most of it just happens to cover World of Warcraft. If you don't like talking about different things then take it up with moderators to change the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    People who left Wow are not Wow haters... thats a misconception.

Most still love Wow... they just dont like it enough right now to sub to the game.
    Pretty much, still playing...just not retail.

I quit the game because it sucks but i still look at the forums because I have a hard time letting go. I know it's just a game but the forums.... I can't get enough