10+ Year Old Account
    I can understand the frustration but really its free so a few days wait isnt so bad, think of it like waiting for a game to get delivered. Better than everyone trying to play at once and then the servers breaking and no one playing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    It was fine until you said they were selling stuff.
    They're not.
    It's equivalent to a store giving out stuff for free.
    I understand dota 2 cash shop will sell skins, some small animals with some use, bunch of other stuff... or am I mistaken? Is the cash shop on their website something they havent updated and taken away either?
    Because right now I understand it that they got a game, a place with a shop and they are leaving people in a now 32h + queue outside on day 5, people that cant buy a single thing even if the game announced people could. It's even stated on massive joystick that the game would have option for people to play single player version of the game and that was false marketing that didnt happen either. What really is true with this game? Silence and no information and no updates on status. When all other companies work their butts off after launched this one just relaxed and are taking a weekend of summer barbecue instead and I dont think that's a well treated launch tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07/10/dota-2-no-longer-in-beta-valve-implements-new-player-queue/ Just 4 days ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know im nitpicking here but technically the game is "launching" still. Not yet fully launched.
    Not to mention that Valve explained that it would exactly be this way weeks ago in the blog post Manni linked.
    Let me just quote the relevant part:
    "We’ll be controlling the launch by granting large numbers of people access to the game in batches, so we can ensure our infrastructure is holding up"

So yea, you could have known what you were getting in to.

On another note, hello thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I understand dota 2 cash shop will sell skins, some small animals with some use, bunch of other stuff... or am I mistaken? Is the cash shop on their website something they havent updated and taken away either?
    Yes, they will sell useless crap that nobody should ever pay for. Very few items even necessitate paying, if any, if you consider trading.

It's even stated on massive joystick that the game would have option for people to play single player version of the game and that was false marketing that didnt happen either.
    Link please. Also, did someone from Valve write this or were they interviewing someone from Valve?
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07/10/dota-2-no-longer-in-beta-valve-implements-new-player-queue/ Just 4 days ago.
    Good one, go blame Massively for that one.
    What really is true with this game? Silence and no information and no updates on status. When all other companies work their butts off after launched this one just relaxed and are taking a weekend of summer barbecue instead and I dont think that's a well treated launch tbh.
    You're in a queue, what's there to say?
    "Hi there, you're in a queue, once you get to the front of the queue, you're done."

Deleted
    Steam also says "here may be a short wait for you to download the game", which is incorrect as well. 32h+ on day 5 is not short wait, not in anybodies sense of understanding

Deleted
    Steam also says "here may be a short wait for you to download the game", which is incorrect as well. 32h+ on day 5 is not short wait, not in anybodies sense of understanding
    In the beginning I thought you were a sort of reasonable, just misinformed person.
    Now I know you just have no clue whatsoever as to what's going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    Hello Nelavar.

Deleted
    I know im nitpicking here but technically the game is "launching" still. Not yet fully launched.
    Not to mention that Valve explained that it would exactly be this way weeks ago in the blog post Manni linked.
    Let me just quote the relevant part:
    "We’ll be controlling the launch by granting large numbers of people access to the game in batches, so we can ensure our infrastructure is holding up"

So yea, you could have known what you were getting in to.

"here may be a short wait for you to download the game" They seem to be quite heavily mistaken.
    So thats their first fault.
    And the massively article said game would be available single player
    Not true either.
    So far lots of misinformation, and just that added to the horrible service with longer wait than any other game out there is just silly.

Im sure everybody understand they want to handle launch day smooth, but after 5 day they should have gotten it together. Also, it cant be that many more players to handle. There simply is no excuses for how the service is atm.

Deleted
    And the massively article said game would be available single player
    Not true either.
    Did Valve write this article, did Valve officially approve of this article in any way, did Valve even so much as look at this article while sipping their morning coffee and go 'Good job'?

Until you can answer yes to any of these questions, kindly answer me why this is Valve's fault.

Deleted
    Yes, they will sell useless crap that nobody should ever pay for. Very few items even necessitate paying, if any, if you consider trading.

Link please. Also, did someone from Valve write this or were they interviewing someone from Valve?

Good one, go blame Massively for that one.

You're in a queue, what's there to say?
    "Hi there, you're in a queue, once you get to the front of the queue, you're done."
    They could update the queue and give some estimated waiting time. After 5 days they should know how long average waiting time is, there is no excuse for other behaviour. 5 days is enough to get that information. Easy and a way to communicate to the players, which they just avoid doing and it's bad service.
    Also calling a queue short when it's far from not is misinformation.

If you think cash shop is bad it's your opinion. But it's there and I might want to buy something from it, my mom might want to buy something from it, prime minister Reinfeldt might want to buy something from it. It's not your opinion to decide what people want to buy, you must understand that?

Massively is often quoted in all kinds of forum on mmo champion, seems like they get information quite fast about things... but I gave you link so see for yourself. The information however is wrong and shouldn't be that hard to know if it wasnt an intended service that they just failed like their entire launch it seems.

- - - Updated - - -

Did Valve write this article, did Valve officially approve of this article in any way, did Valve even so much as look at this article while sipping their morning coffee and go 'Good job'?

Until you can answer yes to any of these questions, kindly answer me why this is Valve's fault.
    It says down in the article:
    Source: Valve Announcement
    More coverage: Official Site

- - - Updated - - -

so they got the information from valve, in your face bro! It's an epic fail launch, I dont understand why you have to be so blind about it?

Deleted
    I am the son of God and in my veins runs the blood of King Midas. I am capable of telepathy, feats of great strength and my shower-singing abilities are unrivalled.

Source: Blizzard Announcement

See what I did there?

Deleted
    In the beginning I thought you were a sort of reasonable, just misinformed person.
    Now I know you just have no clue whatsoever as to what's going on.

Hello Nelavar.
    Yes Im misinformed, because none of the information is correct, right? They fail to update me on information, I get no estimated queue times... it just says short which both you and I can agree it isnt, right?

- - - Updated - - -

I am the son of God and in my veins runs the blood of King Midas. I am capable of telepathy, feats of great strength and my shower-singing abilities are unrivalled.

Source: Blizzard Announcement

See what I did there?
    Yes, you used your blindness to make yourself seem funny instead of facing facts. I have presented all the facts, which is a terrible launch. You guys point at a game that was one year ago and fail to see how things are today.

Deleted
    Yes Im misinformed, because none of the information is correct, right? They fail to update me on information, I get no estimated queue times... it just says short which both you and I can agree it isnt, right?
    It certainly isn't "short" but whining more than a single post about how Valve is the worst company in the world for not giving you free stuff right now is worse than all bad launches put together.

Yes, you used your blindness to make yourself seem funny instead of facing facts. I have presented all the facts, which is a terrible launch. You guys point at a game that was one year ago and fail to see how things are today.
    What facts have you posted besides that Massively article?
    Which, by the way, is incorrect if you look at the actual source.

Deleted
    So to sum it up, all I got is bad service, unplayable game, and old information that is incorrect and I call it a bad launch.
    You are looking at a game that worked fine one year ago and think that I should teleport back in time and play it then, which is impossible, which is irrelevant to the current state of the game, and you are trying to sound smart about it but I got an experience that no other sane person would call a good one. There are simply too many good ones or even better ones to compare and say that nothing can make any excuses to why this launch is such a terrible one.

Deleted
    There are simply too many good ones or even better ones to compare and say that nothing can make any excuses to why this launch is such a terrible one.
    I'm beginning to seriously wonder if you actually played GW2 on launch.

You sir dont understand business.
    That may very well be entirely true, but you're missing the point. Valve's plan isn't to make a profit out of the Dota community. They want more people on Steam. DotA is absolutely massive in China, where Steam has no users. Steam is where Valve makes a profit. Dota 2 is a game they develop. That's why you'll never see Valve sell anything in the store that gives you an advantage over anyone else.

There's a different if you want to make a game public, free for everyone to try... you must provide quality and launches are important.
    It's not that black and white. A big announcement with a launch party where you let everyone on at the same time is not the only way to launch a game.

I still dont know what T13 is
    The third International is a LAN tournament where the top sixteen teams from all over the world compete for what currently is over 2.5 million USD. It is by far the biggest prize-pool in e-sport history. It starts in three weeks time.

Valve is also releasing a documentary called Free to Play. As far as I am aware, they're planning to release this together with (or just before/after) TI3 takes place. You can watch the trailer here:

Im going to nerdrage about how bad they are handling the service ofc, and hope more people tag along =)
    I follow most of the popular dota-related communities and resources fairly closely. You are thus far the second person to complain about the way they're transitioning into launch mode. I don't know if that tells you anything.

Imagine you walk pass your favourite store downtown and you look and it says "special offer, everything 50% off starting tomorrow" and you wait 5 days and there is a queue outside where you have to stand for 30h and might as well be 30 more and even more than that before you could enter the store. How would you compare that service to all the other stores that manage to handle their sale just fine... sure it was a bit crowdy on day one but on day 2 everyone could shop without any problem.
    It actually does make a difference if you could have accessed this "special offer" continually every day for two years. They didn't change anything except for how you get access to the game. Literally nothing else changed.

5 days is enough to get that information. Easy and a way to communicate to the players, which they just avoid doing and it's bad service.
    Wait, have you been in the queue for five days? No? Then how is that relevant, at all?

Except for the part where the announcement didn't contain that information. How's that Valve's "epic fail"? You're struggling to make sense. Why are you even posting this on a WoW fansite? Their official forum is here. The developers read this. You can communicate with them here. Your "nerdrage" as you so eloquently put it is not going to be read by anyone who can actually make any type of difference.

what up son

Deleted
    It certainly isn't "short" but whining more than a single post about how Valve is the worst company in the world for not giving you free stuff right now is worse than all bad launches put together.

What facts have you posted besides that Massively article?
    Which, by the way, is incorrect if you look at the actual source.
    You dont know if I wont pay for it. You hate the cash shop and dont want to buy from it. I might love it and want to spend all my savings in the bank on it. You dont know about that so please dont make that assumption. Also it's a game they are launching, and they want people to play it... otherwise they would have kept it for people in beta only. I explained this earlier, you cant have forgotten about that? If I make a game for me and my mom noone can come and ask us to give them our game for free. But if I announce that I will give my game to everyone for free and then provide worse service than any other gaming company, and there are many of them, that decide to give their game for free you as a customer can say that: hey this service is the worst ever.
    Also good to other people to know about their bad service today, not the good service you experienced when you played game in beta one year ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post

carry

not good

she has the lowest starting health of all heroes in the pool and it takes a long ass time for her to be able to carry
    yea her low base hp is fucking annoying not to mention not that good unless farmed. which is like almost any other hero.

also i play necro so randomly, 0 loss on necro so far haha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    That may very well be entirely true, but you're missing the point. Valve's plan isn't to make a profit out of the Dota community. They want more people on Steam. DotA is absolutely massive in China, where Steam has no users. Steam is where Valve makes a profit. Dota 2 is a game they develop. That's why you'll never see Valve sell anything in the store that gives you an advantage over anyone else.

It's not that black and white. A big announcement with a launch party where you let everyone on at the same time is not the only way to launch a game.

The third International is a LAN tournament where the top sixteen teams from all over the world compete for what currently is over 2.5 million USD. It is by far the biggest prize-pool in e-sport history. It starts in three weeks time.

Valve is also releasing a documentary called Free to Play. As far as I am aware, they're planning to release this together with (or just before/after) TI3 takes place. You can watch the trailer here:

I follow most of the popular dota-related communities and resources fairly closely. You are thus far the second person to complain about the way they're transitioning into launch mode. I don't know if that tells you anything.

It actually does make a difference if you could have accessed this "special offer" continually every day for two years. They didn't change anything except for how you get access to the game. Literally nothing else changed.

Wait, have you been in the queue for five days? No? Then how is that relevant, at all?

Except for the part where the announcement didn't contain that information. How's that Valve's "epic fail"? You're struggling to make sense. Why are you even posting this on a WoW fansite? Their official forum is here. The developers read this. You can communicate with them here. Your "nerdrage" as you so eloquently put it is not going to be read by anyone who can actually make any type of difference.

what up son
    Why wouldnt a company be interested in profit?
    Why do they have a cash shop at all?

Sure not everyone needs to play on day one. Most people dont get a perfect gametime on day one of launch either. But most people can play perfectly fine after 5 days. Have yet to see any other game that work this bad after 5 days.

I dont know if I can post of forum when I cant download the game.

Also, you dont have any experiences of this launch. You got pass it because you had beta. So how can you say it works perfectly fine then?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    also i play necro so randomly, 0 loss on necro so far haha
    You should try playing Necro Abaddon lane.
    It's seriously unstoppable.

Why wouldnt a company be interested in profit?
    Why do they have a cash shop at all?
    They are interested in profit, but they are not willing to fuck people over to get it. Their main source of profit is not Dota 2, will never be Dota 2 and that's not their plan either. It's Steam. It will remain Steam.

Sure not everyone needs to play on day one. Most people dont get a perfect gametime on day one of launch either. But most people can play perfectly fine after 5 days. Have yet to see any other game that work this bad after 5 days.
    The game works fantastic. The game will continue to work great. Literally nothing changed except for the way new players get access. Right now Mousesports are playing versus Evil Geniuses in ESL for $12,000. Dota 2 had over 347,000 concurrent users today. The game continues to flourish and grow every single day. It has for quite some time now.

I dont know if I can post of forum when I cant download the game.
    You can.

Also, you dont have any experiences of this launch. You got pass it because you had beta. So how can you say it works perfectly fine then?
    I didn't. Anywhere.