Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    with the demonic theme that will be the next xpac or the next one after, it is the most plausible/logical class to be next. way more than the tinkerer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So do you admit that you are wrong about Rogues having NO Shadow abilities?

Soooo the question is; If Rogues have stealth melee covered, what space is there to create a similar mechanic for a proposed Demon Hunter class? I mean, we sort of have to because Illidan had stealth in the Well of Eternity. Unfortunately, (gameplay-wise) a stealth that only works against demons is highly situational, and can be used very rarely in the game, because you rarely fight demons in WoW. Further, why would we give Demon Hunters stealth when Rogues have the superior version?

These are all questions you need to answer. Especially when you consider that Rogues will more than likely getting an overhaul in the next expansion, and Blizzard will be incorporating MORE shadow abilities into their class to make them more appealing to players.

How exactly would a melee class based on Shadow magic operate differently than Rogues? I look forward to your answer.

You do understand that a melee class based on shadow magic would be utilizing evasion, stealth, vanishing, and hit and run tactics right?

Here is the problem; In order to implement a Demon Hunter, we need to expand what it does because there is no established RPG archetype for it. If we expand in shadow-based melee, we start slamming into Rogues. If we start expanding it into Demonic magic we start slamming into Warlocks.

So where do we go? You can certainly say that Rogues don't technically use shadow-magic, but their abilities are heavily shadow-based. In other words, if someone suddenly said that Rogues were a shadow-based melee class (and honestly that's probably where Blizzard is taking them), no one would bat an eyelash.
    The thing is though, rogues are not shadow based damage. They rely heavily on their poison, bleeds, and armor penetrating attacks (combat). They could weave the occasional shadow like spells here and there, but that never really stepped on anyone's soil to begin with. Even if a shadowbased melee class came into existence (technically dk with unholy), it would not impede on rogues. What they want to do with rogues, is not overhaul them, but make the specs play differently between each other. They play some what identical, but there are still differences, as Assassination is about the Poisons, Combat is about the cooldowns and Armor Penetration of Revealing strike, Subtly is about the bleeds, the combo point generation, and Shadow dance (going back into the shadows and using stealth abilities) on cool down, but they all use Eviscerate. They all use Slice and Dice. Two use Rupture (not sure about combat, havent played it in a while). They play similar, just leaving cooldowns the difference. They want to change this up, not overhaul them like warlocks.

You have to take what you need to understand. I highly doubt they would add a stealth mechanic to demon hunters, even if it was based around shadow magic, unless it was simply for demons, as that was what the spell was for, For demons. Rather, I see them giving them a sort of charge in those mechanic wise.

But a shadow based damage class is already in the form of the unholy dk. If you are talking about, literally in the shadows, then like I just said, I highly doubt it. Demon Hunters, Since wc3, have always been about in your face, even to now. The main reason they added that part in Well is lore reasons. Their were so many demons that someone couldnt get by, then they simply gave him the ability to get by, that would make sense, specially if he was in a hurry, and once Night Elves showed, Illidan was long gone. So my doubts for a "real" stealth are close to zero, so I believe stealth and vanishing are off the table, i hope you can see that?

As to hit and run tactics, none of the demon hunters showed running, rather they ran to it. While evasion maybe a significant thing for both rogues and demon hunters, the demon hunters did it passively. This could still be implemented this way as well, which would not hit the niche of Rogue's version of the tool kit. For demon Hunters, the passive would help them stay in combat against players and such, while also being a boost of survivability to the "tank" set. But would demon hunters honestly care if they get a renamed version of the spell? No.

But as for the Shadow and Demonic, you do remember that Demon hunters have a diverse set of magic, as they are also very forminable in the arcane, and using it for sight (post sargaras illidan), and tattoo themselves in arcane runes. While warlocks use Fel and Shadow mainly, we can see far diverse set through Demon Hunters. Unlike locks though, demon hunters tend to use the fel for their weapons (imbuing them). They do use fel to alight themselves, and the very powerful demon hunters are able to metamorph.

But how would I expand it so you do not impede on warlocks? Simple. Keep it simple, with the main use of Fel, outside of the "meta" spec, is simply the infusion of the weapons, while using shadow magic and arcane magic as the main damage not impeding everyone territory, as shadow in melee is use by unholy, but a dh would not use plagues. The arcane would not impede in the mage area, as it would not be about arcane blast or bolt, or even time for that matter, but something new and unique. They could bring back mana burn, not as a true mana burn, but as an interrupt that would not give you back your mana, like every other interrupt. But, a rogue is about using poisons bleeds and armor exploit, while dhs would be about shadow and arcane with fel.

As for the Meta Spec, I hope you know by now that the Metamorphosis that you see warlocks doing is based on the Metamophosis of Illidan with the consumption of the skull of guldan. When he truly metamorphs in Black temple raid, he simply goes darker and his runes glow fel green, rather than morphing into a taller disembodied demonoid we saw from Wc3. While we can say that wc3 one was illidan at the bt, it still furthers the point that the Warlock Metamorph is simply based on the Demon Illidan, causing their spells to increase, yet the warlocks did not steal the Real metamorphosis, the one where illidan went black. What if they make this the Meta, slightly growing your body taller, enveloping you in the dark energies, fel green runes, and demonic features based on your race, not another illidan Model, but its own, different for each race. This to separate the difference between the metas. While this would be a tank spec, separating the range. Active defense is played around with your offhand, with the passives being the runes. But with this being a tank spec, not much fel spells is needed from threat generation to defense spells to active mitigation, all coming from dealing with the combat with the weapons, rather than curses or summoning demons or imps, and can diverse the magic used in the spec. You dont slam a Warlock with that at all, Rather, you encourage growth with more range demonic spells and summons.

But with your last statement, its true, they are not the shadow-magic class, and probably never will be, this is mainly thanks due to Unholy Dks. But if they do give more "Shadow" spells to rogues, they are already pretty bloated with buttons already, from cooldowns to keeping up buffs and debuffs, a tad less with assassination, but that deals with poison mainly, but if they do, what are they going to add besides another "cd." If after they change the specs up a bit, and their is less to keep track of, as Subtly is by far a hard spec, keeping up slice n dice and rupture, all while trying to eviscerate every so often, and keeping your hemorrhage up, before even dancing. But, will they change a spec from being poison based or bleed n buffn cd based, or armor penn and cd based? No. People like that. They may add a flavor spell here or their, but they will never be that shadow damage class. They may make Subt easier, giving making it bleed n dance spec, but will they change the basis? no. Mainly because of this, they can add a "technical" shadow damage melee class, to be with Un Dk.

But what Niche could they be? There could multiple things. From a second shadow melee, like the two ranged shadow. A sellpoint of an expansion, as many old school vets that quit will come back to at least try it, increase sub count for a little bit. They could do what ever roll need, as lorewise, its not off limits. Armor roll? Doesnt matter. They could even be made into a ranged 3rd spec, to help with the ranged weapons.

But what can they bring that no other class can? Well besides a slight swell from all the fans that have quit, they could bring whatever utility is needed of them into the raid. For example, 30% crit that currently warriors bring with banner. My raid doesnt have that. It could bring a defensive cooldown for the raid, it wouldnt matter. No real class has a niche anymore, as multiple classes have the "needed" buffs. What I am trying to say is, with the lore currently for Demon Hunters, they could be given quite a few niches to fill. Even a blend of magic damage (arcane, shadow, fire) and weapon damage would be beneficial for niche, as hybridizing damage out puts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    But with your last statement, its true, they are not the shadow-magic class, and probably never will be, this is mainly thanks due to Unholy Dks. But if they do give more "Shadow" spells to rogues, they are already pretty bloated with buttons already, from cooldowns to keeping up buffs and debuffs, a tad less with assassination, but that deals with poison mainly, but if they do, what are they going to add besides another "cd." If after they change the specs up a bit, and their is less to keep track of, as Subtly is by far a hard spec, keeping up slice n dice and rupture, all while trying to eviscerate every so often, and keeping your hemorrhage up, before even dancing. But, will they change a spec from being poison based or bleed n buffn cd based, or armor penn and cd based? No. People like that. They may add a flavor spell here or their, but they will never be that shadow damage class. They may make Subt easier, giving making it bleed n dance spec, but will they change the basis? no. Mainly because of this, they can add a "technical" shadow damage melee class, to be with Un Dk.
    Unholy DKs use a different type of shadow magic. DKs use Shadow magic more associated with Necromancers and Aff. Warlocks (another problem for Demon Hunters btw). The type of shadow melee I'm talking about is more based on illusion, assassination, trickery, and movement through the shadows. Its a common archetype in Assassination/Ninja classes in other RPGs.

As for them never being a shadow damage class, how do you figure? Rouges are already using shadow magic for damage. They have numerous skills based in shadow magic (shadow porting, stealth, vanishing, etc.). Just read off some of their abilities;

Shadow Blades
    Shadowstep
    Shadow Dance
    Shadow Focus
    Shadow Walk
    Cloak of Shadows
    Shroud of Concealment
    Stealth
    Vanish

Are you seriously arguing that Rogues are not shadow melee?

Additionally, there's a good chance that Blizzard will begin to incorporate the Warden into the Rogue class. Shadow Strike and Spirit of Vengeance fit right in with the Rogue class.

Where does that leave a Demon Hunter class? DKs control the melee version of Warlock shadow magic, Rogues control the other melee version of shadow magic. What other type of "shadow melee" is there?

But what Niche could they be? There could multiple things. From a second shadow melee, like the two ranged shadow.
    Too late. DKs already have that niche. A DH doing that would be redundant.

A sellpoint of an expansion, as many old school vets that quit will come back to at least try it, increase sub count for a little bit. They could do what ever roll need, as lorewise, its not off limits. Armor roll? Doesnt matter. They could even be made into a ranged 3rd spec, to help with the ranged weapons.
    Possible appeal to long lost WoW fans isn't a niche, and there is no basis in WoW lore of Demon Hunters having any similarity to D3's Demon Hunter class.

But what can they bring that no other class can? Well besides a slight swell from all the fans that have quit, they could bring whatever utility is needed of them into the raid. For example, 30% crit that currently warriors bring with banner. My raid doesnt have that. It could bring a defensive cooldown for the raid, it wouldnt matter. No real class has a niche anymore, as multiple classes have the "needed" buffs. What I am trying to say is, with the lore currently for Demon Hunters, they could be given quite a few niches to fill. Even a blend of magic damage (arcane, shadow, fire) and weapon damage would be beneficial for niche, as hybridizing damage out puts.
    Again, possibly appealing to long lost fanboys isn't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about what do they bring to class balance? Is there a missing niche that only a Demon Hunter class can fill? I'm not seeing one, and your inability to produce one kind of confirms my beliefs.

Just think about it; Death Knights filled both the Necromancer and the Evil Knight niche (providing an excellent counter to Paladins). Monks filled the Martial arts niche, and provided interesting methods of healing and tanking that no other class could. What niche would the Demon Hunter fill that other classes in the game aren't filling right now? We already have magic melee (Enh Shaman). We already have dark magic melee (DKs). We already have melee that can heal and DW tank (Monks). We even have shadow/assassin melee (Rogues). Oh and did I mention that they can all dual wield?

So what melee niche can the DH provide that we don't already have?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beefchorizo View Post
    with the demonic theme that will be the next xpac or the next one after, it is the most plausible/logical class to be next. way more than the tinkerer.
    FYI: The Legion use a lot of machines and technology.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-07-25 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrael the Impatient View Post
    I will prove by logic that there are no good arguments against the Demon Hunter as class, for a new expansion.

Let's start with one very popular.
    "Demon Hunter and Warlock can't coexist because Warlock already have Metamorphosis."

Tyrael strikes back!
    • Before the pinnacle of evolution, Demon Hunters could not unleash the demon in them and turn themselves (temporarily) into something more, called Metamorphosis.
    • Demon Hunters have been purged off their demonic being, they are now Demon Hunters without the demon in them.
    • Demon Hunter class is about the hunt for demons, not to become a demon. Diablo 3, Demon Hunter does not become a demon.
    These are all examples of why there is reasonable doubt that the class can't exist.

What I am saying is not unreasonable, it is imagination, anything can happen with magical powers in a world as big as World of Warcraft.
    So feel free to give you're good arguments and if they are good, I'll strike back at you with mighty force of logic to prove you wrong.

All that I am proving is that, as long as there is reasonable doubt that the class must have Metamorphosis to exist, it's fair to believe that the class can exist in World of Warcraft without a demon form, when game developers create lore for it.
    No, if a Demon Hunter class in WoW ends up being anything like Demon hunters in diablo then blizzard is pretty much deleting the entirety of demon hunter lore in warcraft.... They aren't the same at all!
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Man, I wonder how long this age old argument will go if demon hunters will be playable. Till the end of WoW years and years from now? Or the end of days?
    The argument will end when the Level 100 expansion is revealed.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    No, if a Demon Hunter class in WoW ends up being anything like Demon hunters in diablo then blizzard is pretty much deleting the entirety of demon hunter lore in warcraft.... They aren't the same at all!
    Which is why you'll never see them implemented as a class. There is little room to expand their concept without completely negating their identity. Heck, you can't even change their name. The archetype is far too narrow.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Which is why you'll never see them implemented as a class. There is little room to expand their concept without completely negating their identity. Heck, you can't even change their name. The archetype is far too narrow.
    There was little room to expand on the Brewmaster or DK, they still became classes.

Blizz's game, Blizz's rules. They can in fact have a D3-esque spec for the DH if they want to.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    There was little room to expand on the Brewmaster or DK, they still became classes.

Blizz's game, Blizz's rules. They can in fact have a D3-esque spec for the DH if they want to.
    Incorrect.

Brewmasters had the entire Monk archetype (which is why the class is called Monks instead of Brewmasters) to expand into.

Death Knights had the entire Scourge faction for expansion material, since the master of said faction was a Death Knight.

Please explain how the Demon Hunter can expand given the presence of Warlocks and Rogues.

No they don't.

Rogues use energy. Enh Shaman use mana. Rogues build up combo points to do finishing moves. Monks use energy to build chi. Enhance attacks and builds malestrom procs to cast instant spells. Rogues use stealth and sprint. Monks fly around the screen, teleport, or roll. Shaman turn into spirit wolves. In short, none of that is remotely alike. The ONLY thing you could say is the same is that Monks and Rogues use energy and wear leather armor. The similarities stop there.

It isn't a theory. Blizzard purposely divided the Demon Hunter hero concept between Rogues and Warlocks, with Warlocks getting the majority of the flashy Demon Hunter spells. As I posted in another thread, DH NPCs are made up entirely of Warlock and Rogue abilities. That's what they are. That's what they're supposed to be. They were never intended to be a stand alone class because there's not enough material to make them into a stand alone class. Blizzard knew that from the get go. It's also why most people can't figure out 3 Demon Hunter specs without running to a completely different game to pull material from. There simply isn't enough there.

Narrow archetypes FTL.

The first expansion was about the Legion, It had Illidan in it, it was before Monks and DKs, it was before Warlocks got Metamorphosis, and it was full of Demon Hunter NPCs.

No Demon Hunter class.

6 years later, WoW is still alive and well.
    As with every other topic that you post in, and you feel like you NEED to CONVINCE people that YOU are RIGHT, here you have it: YES BRO, you are RIGHT. Forgive me and all others that share a different view.

You make every discussion about yourself and what you think, basically ruining the fun for everyone else, because we are tired of arguing with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    As with every other topic that you post in, and you feel like you NEED to CONVINCE people that YOU are RIGHT, here you have it: YES BRO, you are RIGHT. Forgive me and all others that share a different view.

You make every discussion about yourself and what you think, basically ruining the fun for everyone else, because we are tired of arguing with you.
    You view spreading BS and misinformation as having "fun"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem is most of their iconic ablties have already been given to Warlock. Demon form? Immolation Aura?

10+ Year Old Account
    Unholy DKs use a different type of shadow magic. DKs use Shadow magic more associated with Necromancers and Aff. Warlocks (another problem for Demon Hunters btw). The type of shadow melee I'm talking about is more based on illusion, assassination, trickery, and movement through the shadows. Its a common archetype in Assassination/Ninja classes in other RPGs.

As for them never being a shadow damage class, how do you figure? Rouges are already using shadow magic for damage. They have numerous skills based in shadow magic (shadow porting, stealth, vanishing, etc.). Just read off some of their abilities;

Shadow Blades
    Shadowstep
    Shadow Dance
    Shadow Focus
    Shadow Walk
    Cloak of Shadows
    Shroud of Concealment
    Stealth
    Vanish

Are you seriously arguing that Rogues are not shadow melee?

Additionally, there's a good chance that Blizzard will begin to incorporate the Warden into the Rogue class. Shadow Strike and Spirit of Vengeance fit right in with the Rogue class.

Where does that leave a Demon Hunter class? DKs control the melee version of Warlock shadow magic, Rogues control the other melee version of shadow magic. What other type of "shadow melee" is there?

Too late. DKs already have that niche. A DH doing that would be redundant.

Possible appeal to long lost WoW fans isn't a niche, and there is no basis in WoW lore of Demon Hunters having any similarity to D3's Demon Hunter class.

Again, possibly appealing to long lost fanboys isn't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about what do they bring to class balance? Is there a missing niche that only a Demon Hunter class can fill? I'm not seeing one, and your inability to produce one kind of confirms my beliefs.

Just think about it; Death Knights filled both the Necromancer and the Evil Knight niche (providing an excellent counter to Paladins). Monks filled the Martial arts niche, and provided interesting methods of healing and tanking that no other class could. What niche would the Demon Hunter fill that other classes in the game aren't filling right now? We already have magic melee (Enh Shaman). We already have dark magic melee (DKs). We already have melee that can heal and DW tank (Monks). We even have shadow/assassin melee (Rogues). Oh and did I mention that they can all dual wield?

So what melee niche can the DH provide that we don't already have?
    yes, I am. As they only have one spell dealing with close to true magic damage, or even mentioning it. That is shadow blades.

1 Shadow focus has no lore, nor any magic to it. it is simply one of the talent choices to decrease energy cost.
    2 Shadow walk simply increases your sneakiness by 6 seconds.
    3 Shadow Dance is an ability to simply begin using your stealth spells again, no text indicating shadow magic
    4 Shadow Step leap through the shadows behind them... through the shadows
    5 Cloak of Shadows no text indicating shadow magic, and purely speculation

Those spells simply have shadow In name, with nothing to do with shadow magic one bit. They are all dealing with stealth. but they do not use shadow magic. Stealth and shroud are again sneaking. Its not shadow magic. Its Like the Dovakiin's crouch. Vanish is simply a vanishing dust (a regent used to be used) like ninjas.

They are ninjas, not Shadow magic users. A demon hunter would be a Magic USER. Not tricks. You really do not get it do you? It is not about the name of the ability that is used, it is the way someone uses magic that Discerns what they are. Rogues... Are not magic users. They use only one candidate for shadow magic, and even then, they simply are drawing in shadows from around them, all the others are simple names, with no magic use, as it tends to be tricks. Read the abilities and what they do. I did. Dont just list Shadow____ and say they wield shadow magic. Rogues do not use shadow magic.

You serious? There are more than curses and plagues as shadow damage. And Rogues carry no shadow damage (outside of the minuscule amount Shadowblades gives) Illidan wields quite a bit in bt, most instant damage. Your lack of imagination just rots. Of course a Demon Hunter wouldnt take plagues or curses. They are not about such things. They are not about the undeath, so anything Death Knight related is gone. But saying that a Death knight is a shadow knight is just completely negates the existence of death knights then. Death Knights are about Death. What is the best for of "damage" blizzard can give them based on plagues and death coil? Not nature, not arcane, not fire, not holy, not frost, Oh shadow. By law of simple common sense, and the lack of other magics, Shadow was chosen. Are they a melee lock? No, not in a million years. They have 2 plagues, something that Locks have no claim over. Locks cannot raise the dead. But saying that all shadow melee is taken up by dks? Seriously? There are plenty of ways to have another shadow melee, one that is not about the dead, or using tricks with the word "shadow" in there. A demon hunter could be a real treat to it.

Saying its dk's niche means you do not play any classes. Do you? Fire mage V Destro lock. Shadow Priest V Affiction. Ele Sham V Boomkin. Holy Priest V Holy Pally. Or how about this. Enhanc Sham (nature and melee damage ) V Assassination Rogue (nature and melee damage). Do you seriously think that Dks have claim to shadow magic as its own for melee? Are you seriously going to tell me that? If you are just s.u. and leave.

Oww.. The stupid level has gone up. Saying that a Very Popular class that would bring in tons of old subscribers back, is not a niche in itself, giving Blizzard Millions... I seriously dont know what a niche is then... Since I know Blizzard is also about the money... and here... I thought that was Niche =.= People who dont know what sells, it hurts.

Like I said, before about using ranged weapons, its blizzard's game, they can make up lore on the spot, to say that they can. Of course it would not be like D3's demon hunter, as that demon hunter was based off the Amazon of D2, or the Rogue of D1. It would fill its own spot, to how ever blizzard wishes. I said this. I said it could, I never said it would. But, then you didnt listen to much.

A niche is a niche, either being in game or out. If Blizzard makes millions, I am sure as hell they will say it was success. But an ingame niche like that? basically titles? Well, then. Shadowy Warrior and the Selfless Maligned Outcast both fit. By shadowy, its doesnt mean shadow magic or anything similar. It simply describes the misunderstood and relatively unknown, with warrior at the end mean prowess in combat, but not a knight. Selfless and maligned by his means of warfare in that of taking fire and using it against fire in the act of saving others, knowing the power corrupts. The outcast because he is shunned by the greater society because of his dark choice, but call upon him if their great need.

By that definition, Shadowy Warrior and Selfless Maligned Outcast, he fills his own niche. Not one comes close to it. Who doesn't want to be that lonely Antihero, that does what he does for the greater good even if society looks down on it? A Fel-tank with Arcane Runes, while dw, as there is no fel-tank in game(Blizzard does not see Warlocks as tanks). An Arcane-Shadow-Fel damge Dw dps that is not good or evil. While Enhc shamans should be nature or elemental melee dps, they are considered good. Dks are Frost-shadow melee dps dw/2h, and considered evil. We dont have a neutral that wields arcane or fel in melee, with shadow to top it off. So that Is NICHE. By definition, Demon Hunters are niche and fill 2 spec voids by those two alone. Demon hunters are not Evil, and are not seen as good by their allies. So they fit 2 niches.

And Time Sage, the meta that warlocks are using are based off the corrupted form of the Demon Illidan (lock lore, black harvest) so it wouldnt be the same. Immolation Aura is simply hellfire, even looks the same, not the same as demon hunters Immolation, where they set themselves on fire.
    Last edited by Skayth; 2013-07-25 at 03:54 AM. Reason: time sage post

You view spreading BS and misinformation as having "fun"?
    You don't even serve a purpose for these forums. Go away. I'm beyond tired of you ruining others peoples hopes and forcing yours on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    Problem is most of their iconic ablties have already been given to Warlock. Demon form? Immolation Aura?
    Evasion and Mana burn too. That's all of their iconic abilities. From a gameplay perspective, I'm just not seeing the difference between a Rogue swinging around two swords with Crimson Tempest around them, and a Demon Hunter swinging two swords with Immolation around them. Sure, its different types of magic, but its doing the exact same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Evasion and Mana burn too. That's all of their iconic abilities. From a gameplay perspective, I'm just not seeing the difference between a Rogue swinging around two swords with Crimson Tempest around them, and a Demon Hunter swinging two swords with Immolation around them. Sure, its different types of magic, but its doing the exact same thing.
    well, one, rogues dont use 2 swords. they use 1 and a dagger or straight 2 daggers. Crimson tempest is a bleed effect, combo point finisher. Your "visions" is like me seeing a warrior carrying two swords swinging them around in whirlwind. Damn they must be the same. Hard to tell the difference between A demon Hunter Swinging 2 sword, while on fire... =.=

Quote Originally Posted by Perpetuus View Post
    /threads/1266745-My-New-Hero-Class-idea-Demon-Hunters-(Long)

There is the thread. Author: Teriz
    Wait, so the guy that spent the time coming up with a DH class concept that would fit in the game, is actually saying it's not possible? Mind blown.

Good argument coming up...

There won't be any demon hunter or any other class, because there are too many already. The game is a clusterfuck. Every new patch they change something and reverse some changes they did the last patch. It's just fucking retarded. I hope they'll overhaul the existing classes, cut the retarded number of spells dramatically, and balance the one that remain once and for all. Meaning at least for an expansion. Reading all day patch changes just to know what the fuck your class of choice does today, INSTEAD OF PLAYING AND ENJOYING THE GAME, is stupid.

Yeah sure, only this isn't the Demon Hunter from Warcraft III, which is what people want to play. This is a completely different class with the name Demon Hunter.

And D3's Demon Hunters are nothing remotely like the WC3 ones either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure the greatest argument against any new class in the next expansion is how weary the devs are of even considering it. I don't think they're eager at all to tackle a new class again so soon after monks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe if it were a Demonic/Demon Tinkerer type class, I'd be more sold on Tinkerer, Tinkerer by itself is just bland. Think of the tinkerers and engineers you'd see on the Demon Forges in Outlands.