Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Ehh... Blastoise and Charizard but no Venusaur? I'm fine with that, I'd rather they not mess up my favorite Pokémon. I'm not too happy about Aggron, Tyranitar, Latias and Latios, they're already powerful enough and look great too, but doesn't seem far fetched with Blaziken and Mewtwo already being confirmed. Definitely not a fan of Pinsir being on that list, I love the guy, there's no way they can actually improve upon such great design, in that case I don't care about stats. If he is to get a Mega evo though I'd rather it be Bug/Dark instead of rehashing the overused Bug/Steel combo. Also, fuck no to Blastoise being Water/Steel, Empoleon was already the worst starter in 4th Gen thanks to losing resistance to Fire and being weak against Earthquake, not to mention it was very slow, just like Blastoise is.

The rest of them seem fine, I'd actually be genuinly excited about a Mega Abomasnow, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Heracross and Scizor.
    like i said the site i saw this info on said it was about toys. so that would mean if blastoise and charizard get one venusaur will likely get one too. he just might not get a toy (for now)

we shouldnt take this as a list of all the megas, just some of them. remember some of the ones confirmed arent even on that list so we know 100% for sure there are more than on that list
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    like i said the site i saw this info on said it was about toys. so that would mean if blastoise and charizard get one venusaur will likely get one too. he just might not get a toy (for now)

we shouldnt take this as a list of all the megas, just some of them. remember some of the ones confirmed arent even on that list so we know 100% for sure there are more than on that list
    Yeah, that's probably true. Damn, and now I thought I was in the safe zone. Still betting on Sceptile and Swampert Megas too.

Happiness is real.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post

Happiness is real.
    please tell me this is real O_O
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Red and Blue show up in X/Y? That gives me a special kind of joy erection as well. Would be cool to have them be recurring trainers to battle through out the game.

IT IS REAL! @_@ although serebii says they dont know whether its gonna be a full series or a spin off. either way WOO HOO @_@ OLD SCHOOL FLAVA!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Red and Blue show up in X/Y? That gives me a special kind of joy erection as well. Would be cool to have them be recurring trainers to battle through out the game.
    no its a seperate show cazlled pokemon: origins based off the games

- - - Updated - - -

SO BEAUTIFULZ @_@

10+ Year Old Account
    Poop. Was hoping they would actually be recurring trainers/characters in the new games.

During the Pokémon Game Show, it was shown thanks to a picture from a Twitter user, that the method of Mega Evolution is through a simple button in the attack interface when your Pokémon has the Mega Stone attached to it. In the demo, you also ride on a Skiddo in a route and seen riding a Rhyhorn. In it, you also battle Professor Sycamore, where you use Mega Evolution, and battle Shauna & the other playable character. Fennekin has the moves Psybeam, Flame Charge, Fire Spin and Tail Whip. The Mega Evolution battle has you face off against Chandelure, Dragonite and Crobat with Mega Mewtwo. Helioptile has Tail Whip, Thundershock, Quick Attack & Parabolic Charge
    In the demo, you start off with Alexa telling you to go see Professor Sycamore. On your way there, you battle the rival, with a time limit. Once you get to Professor Sycamore, he will give you Mewtwo and teach you about Mega Evolution, which is just done by a tap of a button with a move the same turn, and he'll then battle you. After the battle, a video runs of the game. It is also said that running is default due to the analogue stick, with you having to press the B Button to walk We're still getting more information so keep your eyes peeled on the site. Image thanks to raim2005

MEGA EVOLUTION DOESNT EVEN TAKE A TURN @_@ AWESOMES! you can use it right away, or wait till your opponent least expects it and go BLAMO

this is the mega button

- - - Updated - - -

Poop. Was hoping they would actually be recurring trainers/characters in the new games.
    thats still possible. still a new anime would be awesome. and even if its just a one off special people have wanted to see red and green for a really long time in some form

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, wait, wait. Did I read it wrong or did you say the new professor has a captured Mewtwo which he then loans you for a tutorial? That will make me very sad to see if its true, like a famous celebrity forced to do late night infomercials. I hope for right now that's just a placeholder thing for the demo.

Wait, wait, wait. Did I read it wrong or did you say the new professor has a captured Mewtwo which he then loans you for a tutorial? That will make me very sad to see if its true, like a famous celebrity forced to do late night infomercials. I hope for right now that's just a placeholder thing for the demo.
    well it may or may not be placeholder. im leaning towards placeholder though since i doubt they are going to just give someone the most powerful non event pokemon in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post

Happiness is real.
    Oh...oh my.

Let's hope this "Pokemon: Origins" can show us what a good protaganist could be like in a pokemon series.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    Oh...oh my.

Let's hope this "Pokemon: Origins" can show us what a good protaganist could be like in a pokemon series.
    I dunno, I hope they stay true to the whole "Red the Silent Badass" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    Oh...oh my.

hey now ash was an alright protaganist. they just kept reseting him and making him look like a doofus and never giving him any character development

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    I dunno, I hope they stay true to the whole "Red the Silent Badass" thing.
    Yes, he certainly has an expectation to live up to.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

They better not give mewtwo away that easily

Talk about anti fucking climactic if they do.

im pretty sure its placeholder. from what i can tell the demo goes like this.

get your starter, battle your rival with a time limit. if you beat your rival go over to the professor he gives you a mewtwo. you have a battle with just mewtwo versus those pokemon, you battle the professor. if you beat the professor you get a video showing lots of things about the game like riding a skiddo and a ryhorn

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    They better not give mewtwo away that easily

Talk about anti fucking climactic if they do.
    Isn't that on the demo?

Don't you think it's likely they're just doing it for testing/demo purposes? Especially since Mewtwo's was the first revealed?

Isn't that on the demo?
    You mean a demo of the actual game?

Don't you think it's likely they're just doing it for testing/demo purposes? Especially since Mewtwo's was the first revealed?
    It's also likely god will rip a whole into the earth and reset everything :/

I'm going by what they are giving not what "we think" they are giving.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really do hope however that Mewtwo does return somehow in the new games besides being just some event Pokemon to capture. I would really love to see one day a game where Mewtwo actually gets to be a real threat to the world instead of just Team <Thing> again, and no Pokemon Puzzle League and the Stadium games dont count. As far as I am aware he is still one of the only Pokemon to be officially declared evil and I would go as far as to say the most iconic legendary, would be a real shame to waste the potential he has.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You mean a demo of the actual game?

It's also likely god will rip a whole into the earth and reset everything :/

I'm going by what they are giving not what "we think" they are giving.
    yes all this information is coming from the demo at pokemon game show

- - - Updated - - -

I really do hope however that Mewtwo does return somehow in the new games besides being just some event Pokemon to capture. I would really love to see one day a game where Mewtwo actually gets to be a real threat to the world instead of just Team <Thing> again, and no Pokemon Puzzle League and the Stadium games dont count. As far as I am aware he is still one of the only Pokemon to be officially declared evil and I would go as far as to say the most iconic legendary, would be a real shame to waste the potential he has.
    hes not evil. hes just brutal and angry about them experimenting on his mother