Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    If anything you want more haste, not more mastery. (Lose the stam trinket!)

Dark shaman: The biggest thing that stood out at me was the fact that in an 8 min fight you used DP (30 second CD) only 4 times. You could have used it 17 times. You also got hit by the ashen wall which helped lead up to your death. Just before your death your EF ticked for less than 40k which implies you refreshed it with less than 5 stacks of BOG, I may be wrong here though.
    actually its right about WoG i refreshed it with 3 stacks before i die i think!

and about the ashen wall, i was so angry with my guild saying every wipe was my fault all the night long that on our last attempt i just played really really bad, wasn't paying attention to anything and just waiting one more wipe to get some sleep

ill use more DP now!

about the trinket, im using the stam trinket because healers was saying that my healtpool was too little! which one would you recommend me to use? is the jikun trinket still viable until i get a new one from SoO ?

Quote Originally Posted by trystero View Post
    I'm running out the door so I don't have time to look at everything you posted, but the majority of wipes on Nazgrim absolutely aren't your fault. It's a big mess in there. On 3 of the attempts, your group began dying to Ravagers - I didn't even know what those looked like until I joined a flex pug last week. Players being gibbed by assassins...standing in shockwaves and bladestorms....I mean the hunter seems to die every single attempt to an assassin.
    yes, the hunters was having some latency issues !

i think the only wipe were my fault on Nazgrim was that one i got killed without a properly use of Shield of the Righteous, i got hit by 900k on less than 2 seconds i think (melee swing, war song, melee swing), but i'm not so sure if it was my only fault there

Quote Originally Posted by kloek View Post
    i think the only wipe were my fault on Nazgrim was that one i got killed without a properly use of Shield of the Righteous, i got hit by 900k on less than 2 seconds i think (melee swing, war song, melee swing), but i'm not so sure if it was my only fault there
    Technically I don't think that war song has to go out (as in it is avoidable), just honestly didn't pay attention at how avoidable is it. If anything the rest of the fight doesn't have that many dangerous spots so should save 1 or 2 cooldowns for stuff like this.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Technically I don't think that war song has to go out (as in it is avoidable), just honestly didn't pay attention at how avoidable is it. If anything the rest of the fight doesn't have that many dangerous spots so should save 1 or 2 cooldowns for stuff like this.
    While the war song is avoidable, it's expected that you will get at least some (the achievement is basically to do it with no more than 1-2 war songs).
    Last edited by Seahenar; 2013-10-01 at 07:43 PM.

Been looking over a guildie's Prot logs and noticed that GoaK never shows up. After a little research I found some older posts talking about how since it doesn't apply an aura WoL can't recognize it. However a couple people also mentioned that the cast can be found using the expression editor. Using either spellid = 86659 or spell = "Guardian of Ancient Kings" I can't find the spell ever being used. Is there another way to find out when or how many times GoaK is used by Prot?

Also our Pally got wrecked by the boss in the second tower of Galakras. Do other Pallies use GoaK there or just good SotR uptime?

Quote Originally Posted by Slatch View Post
    Been looking over a guildie's Prot logs and noticed that GoaK never shows up. After a little research I found some older posts talking about how since it doesn't apply an aura WoL can't recognize it. However a couple people also mentioned that the cast can be found using the expression editor. Using either spellid = 86659 or spell = "Guardian of Ancient Kings" I can't find the spell ever being used. Is there another way to find out when or how many times GoaK is used by Prot?

Also our Pally got wrecked by the boss in the second tower of Galakras. Do other Pallies use GoaK there or just good SotR uptime?
    On that tower I usually make sure I have 5 HP when I hit the top and just ride out some SoTR timing and then use DP. If shit gets crazy the healer will give me an external but it was really only done on week1 progression.
    That being said Galk tank dmg isn't that bad and I am sure you could get away with good timing of SOTR/DP/AD her so blowing shield wall in the tower isn't a big deal.

So whats the general consensus with the rather large stamina socket bonuses on our teir and other siegie piecies, still gem straight haste and reforge your hit/exp caps or is it worth it to gem hybrids instead? I'm curious as i've seen people going in both directions.
    Amazing Signature by Yoni

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekun View Post
    So whats the general consensus with the rather large stamina socket bonuses on our teir and other siegie piecies, still gem straight haste and reforge your hit/exp caps or is it worth it to gem hybrids instead? I'm curious as i've seen people going in both directions.
    Imo depends on the socket bonus in question. With 545 ilvl my health pool is fine for heroic modes so I do not really feel like we need the stamina. The head socket I could consider, but no other socket imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekun View Post
    Large stamina bonus? They have always been and will always be 90 stam/slot with meta counting as 2 slots.
    => head slot is always worth using, the rest only if at least 1/2 gems are yellow or you really really need that stamina.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Large stamina bonus? They have always been and will always be 90 stam/slot with meta counting as 2 slots.
    => head slot is always worth using, the rest only if at least 1/2 gems are yellow or you really really need that stamina.
    I am not even sure I would gem a 1/2 yellow slot for stamina bonus. A 2/3 I probably would.

Again, for tanking Garrosh, I have a few trinkets that I can choose from at the moment. I decided to go with double stamina trinkets last week since I was falling over in such a short period of time. I just got Vial of Living Corruption tonight which I'm planning on using. I'm deciding between Rook's and Thok's at the moment and both seem like pretty decent options. I also have a non-heroic Soul Barrier and a Heroic Spark but those both seem to be the lesser of the options. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Josher View Post
    Again, for tanking Garrosh, I have a few trinkets that I can choose from at the moment. I decided to go with double stamina trinkets last week since I was falling over in such a short period of time. I just got Vial of Living Corruption tonight which I'm planning on using. I'm deciding between Rook's and Thok's at the moment and both seem like pretty decent options. I also have a non-heroic Soul Barrier and a Heroic Spark but those both seem to be the lesser of the options. Thoughts?
    I'd say thok or heroic spark.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    I am not even sure I would gem a 1/2 yellow slot for stamina bonus. A 2/3 I probably would.
    Well I'd probably take a yellow + red for 180 stam. Yellow + Blue idk.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slatch View Post

For your question about GoAK and WoL, it doesn't show up in the combatlog.txt at all which is why it never shows up on WoL. There is literally no string in the combatlog (no spell_cast_success, no spell_aura_applied etc) for GoAK, and it's been like this for quite a while. The only GoAK you'll find using the expression editor is the Ret/Holy guardian.

Deleted
    Hello guys i used to play prot pala during cataclysm but then i rerolled to boomkin, but now my guild need's me to go back to my prot pala, so.. if you could just check my armory in the bottom (i gemmed sta and expertise and hit/haste for the caps and also because i lack a lot HP). Also i'm not quite sure about my talent's and glyphs for this patch i just picked them up because they seemed nice, you probably have to change them depending on figths but if you guys could just tell me what's best for each figth and give me some tips how prot pala is now, i would appreciate

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...irthz/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Rebirthz View Post
    Hello guys i used to play prot pala during cataclysm but then i rerolled to boomkin, but now my guild need's me to go back to my prot pala, so.. if you could just check my armory in the bottom (i gemmed sta and expertise and hit/haste for the caps and also because i lack a lot HP). Also i'm not quite sure about my talent's and glyphs for this patch i just picked them up because they seemed nice, you probably have to change them depending on figths but if you guys could just tell me what's best for each figth and give me some tips how prot pala is now, i would appreciate
    Every thing looks pretty good considering. I would chance your lvl 90 talent though. Execution sentence is pretty worthless for tank utility. You might be a little squishy, Depending on what kind of raiding you are stepping into right away. Once you get some more gear with sockets should help tremendously.

Deleted
    i'm jumping on Siege Normal as soon as possible since my guild really needs a tank, about the lvl 90 talent what should i take then?

Deleted
    i'm jumping on Siege Normal as soon as possible since my guild really needs a tank, about the lvl 90 talent what should i take then?
    You should change it depending on fight. Holy Prism is probably the cookie cutter but several fights were lights hammer is good. Execution Sentence is very rarely used. Only a few fights that I found it optimal for, and by a few fights I mean 1 with reservation of maybe changing my mind to 2.

Deleted
    I've gotten used to Holy Prism, after Nairobi's recommendation here. It seems to fill the odd gap in my rotation and I like the extra healing, AOE (I tend to glyph AS to be single target so a bit more AOE is nice) and ranged pickup.

Light's hammer seems the most popular tankadin pick - I think it would be very good for raid healing if you know the fights and when it's best to use it, but as I'm learning SoO, not having it is one less thing to worry about.

ES is the best for single target dps and most fights do seem to be single target, but at your gear level, I would focus on survival.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of Nairobi - what has happened to him? He hasn't done any raiding since week 1 :-(
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

IMO use it depending on fights. I like to use Prism for Immerseus (helps with healing the little guys), LH for Protectors (use on Sun's special phase if you're inside the bubble; I go inside since I tank He Softfoot), LH for Norushen (drop it on the small adds to help DPS, LH for Sha of Pride (use on add duty to pick up the Reflection guys), I'd probably use LH for Galakras if on adds or Prism if on towers, then probably Prism for Juggernaut, LH for Shamans (for Oozes), and probably Prism for Nazgrim, and that's as far as I've seen on any difficulty right now

The one thing I personally cannot shake is the feeling of lack of health. In my gear I barely clear 700k buffed without a stam flask, and yet I see loads of tanks with 750k+ buffed and of course heroic tanks can have like 900k or more, but I don't want to gem Stamina or anything because I don't really feel squishy. My main problem is too many red sockets, and I'm swimming in hit and expertise; like I got an LFR T16 chest and ignored the socket bonus even though it was like +270 Stam because getting +360 Expertise when I can't reforge it away doesn't seem like it's worth getting the extra Haste.