I really want to get into the game but these client crashs are getting old and each time it happens I get a different error. Also I do feel that at this time its poorly optimized and some basic graphic settings that should be there isn't like turning off shadows.

I hope after the maintenance in a few they fix some of these problems. I know the game is new and all but so far I can't enjoy myself due to these bugs. I do kinda wish I got it for Ps3 so I lease I could rule out my computer being the problem when it comes to graphics/frames but I didn't want to pay 10$ more.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    After 7 failed groups in a row, I finally got Garuda's book on the only win of the day.

GOODBYE GARUDA, I'M ONLY COMING ONCE AGAIN FOR RELIC THEN FUCK YOU FOREVER

Quote Originally Posted by Sandwrong View Post
    I find it funny that this person's character is the absolute default. Nameday: First day of the first month. Guardian: Halone. Starting class: Archer. Hyur Midlander male. I'm willing to bet my 750k gill that this character was created solely to test the response of SE to xp exploits

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...acter/5175984/

Notice though, that they have the CE mount and pet... I am interested in how they achieved that level of powerleveling... Rather... i thought XP was calculated server side... it's bad enough that apperently location is calculated client side... =\
    So tell me is it not possible to gather the materials to go from 20-50? Either from gathering or market?

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I really want to get into the game but these client crashs are getting old and each time it happens I get a different error. Also I do feel that at this time its poorly optimized and some basic graphic settings that should be there isn't like turning off shadows.

I hope after the maintenance in a few they fix some of these problems. I know the game is new and all but so far I can't enjoy myself due to these bugs. I do kinda wish I got it for Ps3 so I lease I could rule out my computer being the problem when it comes to graphics/frames but I didn't want to pay 10$ more.
    I'm playing on PC and i've gotten no graphics glitches or crashes at all. Given the lack of others posting of similar errors (here at mmo champ) methinks it might be your PC
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

I get the dreaded nvlddmkm.sys blue screen of death when playing FF:XIV. This week I've been in TSW instead and not had a single crash which isn't really saying much because the error does seem to pop up in numerous games for other people.

Got this as a birthday present 2 weeks ago after not being sure if it was worth getting for a long time.
    Played the beta before and had very mixed feelings.

The dialogue can be way too long at times, even for Final Fantasy.
    It's not innovating in any shape, way or form.
    Sporadic voice acting that with the poor quality should've been left out completely.
    The cities are confusing and a lot of quests are simply talk to person A, now to person B across the globe and now go back.
    Worst of all: Goldspammers in shout, yell and whispers spamming you to death.

And yet.. I'm enjoying the hell out of the game.

It has a very Vanilla WoW feeling to it, the world feels alive and interesting.
    People are grouping up all the time, making friends left and right.
    The classes all have an older WoW difficulty, you won't find a 3 button rotation for anyone here.
    Which brings me to the best part, the PvE challenges.

Where now in WoW you get a year to move out of the fire your reaction times are being challenged in this game and mistakes get punished hard, even in normal modes.
    As stated before rotations/priority systems are quite complex and force you to dance around the boss between flank and back whilst keeping an eye out on many boss abilities at the same time.

Most of the game is pretty standard, not outshining but not doing worse than other triple A MMOs when it comes to levelling, graphics, story, music or general playing style.
    But this game really shines in PvE encounters and just for that it's worth the (pretty cheap) box price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    After 7 failed groups in a row, I finally got Garuda's book on the only win of the day.

GOODBYE GARUDA, I'M ONLY COMING ONCE AGAIN FOR RELIC THEN FUCK YOU FOREVER
    Gz, but you will be going back to her, when you level a second class and need another weapon, relic, then second relic, and possibly farming her, you will be seeing her loads :P

You will hate Titan much more and by then you will think Garuda is nothing ^^;

Deleted
    Yes. And the Dragoons backflipping off the platform.

And everyone panicking as soon as the first bombs and landslide hit after Earthen Fury. <_<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Gz, but you will be going back to her, when you level a second class and need another weapon, relic, then second relic, and possibly farming her, you will be seeing her loads :P

I really don't think Garuda is anything, really, it's the people I get paired up in DF that are the problem.

But yes I can already foretell I'm going to cry once again about her when I'm done gearing this one up. Unless I get a nice FC by that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    I'm playing on PC and i've gotten no graphics glitches or crashes at all. Given the lack of others posting of similar errors (here at mmo champ) methinks it might be your PC
    Could be with graphics but I dought it with client crashing.

Kinda why i wanted it on ps3 first but I don't like the idea of paying 10$ more for the same game...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

You definitely don't want this game on Ps3, its awful. I actually bought the PC version after getting it for PS3 because PS3 is so much worse during high population events like Behemoth or Odin.

I can't imagine doing Garuda with duty finder (because im a DPS and the que is insane, and also people suck) but farming garuda is the most efficient way to cap tomes for me, as my FC group can kill her in about 4-5 minutes tops and can spam instaque's, meaning we can do about 6-7 (conservative) runs in the time it takes to do one AK. If you guys are on Siren and need her weapon, PM me and I'll get you it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whelp, my guild broke up in Turn 5. I'm all for difficulty, but difficulty based purely on RNG that cannot be avoided is just cruel.

LFG FC on Behemoth

Deleted
    Didn't you have another FC that broke up over Bahamut's Coil earlier? Oo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raminax View Post
    Didn't you have another FC that broke up over Bahamut's Coil earlier? Oo
    We had some people leave, so we got replacements, but this time the FC leader left and pretty much everyone with him. ><

Deleted
    Yeesh, talk about bad luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    AFAIK there hasn't been a legitimate Turn 5 kill so I'm trying not to get too beat up over it. It's just ridiculously hard/random.

Also, technically we're all undergeared for the fight. The Crystal Tower was intended to be in at release, with progression going HM Primals > Crystal Tower > Binding Coil. With better gear and a higher health pool we can more easily survive the mechanics.

Damn Aiko, that's like your second guild that has broken up lol(I remember you posting your guild broke up awhile ago). There must be some serious nerd rage going on in coil

10+ Year Old Account
    I do find it weird that they released Coil with the expectation that you will have gear from Crystal by the time you do Turn 5, so, why not just release up to Turn 3 and release Turn 4 and 5 with Crystal instead?

ok veterans. last night i finally hit 50 (still obviously need to get lnc to 34/36?), but as far as being level cap, what exactly do i do now?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ateista View Post
    ok veterans. last night i finally hit 50 (still obviously need to get lnc to 34/36?), but as far as being level cap, what exactly do i do now?
    Finish story quest so you can farm CM and Prae. Unlock AK, and Ifrit HM. Farm them for tomes to get Darklight gear. Start on your relic weapon.