Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Let's just ignore the fact that the alleged "faction war" in pandaria was almost as big of a joke as the entire "faction war" that hasn't been really taking place since warcraft 2.

I mean they go out of their way to make the races work together in every expansion. Let's stop fooling ourselves by thinking the races are at war. They're not. And they haven't been for a long time.
    There was not a fully fledged faction war since WC2, it began against in Cataclysm, prior to that it was an uneasy ceasefire with random skirmishes and conflicts.

The main storyline of Pandaria was the faction war post 5.0 and it's a massive part of the Wrathion storyline (uniting Azeroth under 1 banner), so to say it's not a faction war just because you don't like the way it's written/played out is just childish.

Deleted
    People tend to twist the truth when they start a thread to whine themselves to sympathy, I doubt sigils took 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    There was not a fully fledged faction war since WC2, it began against in Cataclysm, prior to that it was an uneasy ceasefire with random skirmishes and conflicts.

The main storyline of Pandaria was the faction war post 5.0 and it's a massive part of the Wrathion storyline (uniting Azeroth under 1 banner), so to say it's not a faction war just because you don't like the way it's written/played out is just childish.
    It's not a faction war in the slightest.

If you look at the writing the 2 sides generally agree on everything, they just don't like how the other looks for the most part. Furthermore the pandaria esque faction war, was Everybody vs Garrosh. Which doesn't explain in the slightest why any blood elf / undead / tauren / goblin would need to take part in this farce of a pvp quest.

It's not childish, it's bad misleading writing. They're telling players it's a faction war, and doing something entirely different.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Geez, that's some really, really horrible RNG for the Sigils. I recently got 2 characters to 90, and on both of them I got all 20 Sigils in the first week of clearing every LFR available. At least they made the final part(Runestones) much less RNG heavy by giving you 2 guaranteed Runestones per week, limiting it to AT MOST 6 weeks to do the quest.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Leveled my monk to 90 on friday afternoon completed the sigil quest on friday afternoon.

BG's arent too bad either. Solo carried both temple and silvershard on my lock with 40+ KB & over 70m damage in each BG.

I'm going to assume that you're simply not pulling your weight.
    Last edited by mmoc9cb242d19c; 2013-10-27 at 01:35 PM.

It's not a faction war in the slightest.

If you look at the writing the 2 sides generally agree on everything, they just don't like how the other looks for the most part. Furthermore the pandaria esque faction war, was Everybody vs Garrosh. Which doesn't explain in the slightest why any blood elf / undead / tauren / goblin would need to take part in this farce of a pvp quest.

It's not childish, it's bad misleading writing. They're telling players it's a faction war, and doing something entirely different.
    The PvP section of the legendary was added in 5.1

In 5.1 the main storyline was alliance vs horde, not everybody vs garrosh. At this point garrosh had full support of the horde and the players

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    The PvP section of the legendary was added in 5.1

In 5.1 the main storyline was alliance vs horde, not everybody vs garrosh. At this point garrosh had full support of the horde and the players
    I doubt he had the full support of the players at any point since cataclysm. He certainly didn't carry player favor after they announced we'd get to take his ass down at the end of pandaria. It was completely forced on the writers part no setup at all. We're fighting simply because they said we should.

I'm all for it if they want to have a war, but they need to write it better, the damn thing has been a joke since day one.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Are you an EU player? I could help you out there.

I doubt he had the full support of the players at any point since cataclysm. He certainly didn't carry player favor after they announced we'd get to take his ass down at the end of pandaria. It was completely forced on the writers part no setup at all. We're fighting simply because they said we should.

I'm all for it if they want to have a war, but they need to write it better, the damn thing has been a joke since day one.
    I agree completely, the war sucked and I said it would from the start, I'm glad it's over. However my point is the PvP part is from 5.1 where the patch was focused on the domination storyline which was horde vs alliance so it makes sense

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Win/loss ratio for random BGs definitely depends on your location, time, faction, et cetera.

It's not impossible that he could be losing all of his BGs. Unusual and odd but not impossible.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see after posting my Win/Loss Statistics people have left alone the "omg he's a liar about the losses!" and are now on the "omg hes lying about 3 months to get sigils."

I also found an old screenshot I took of just how long it was taking to get my Sigils back just before 5.4

Notice the over 16 days played at level 90 itself. Notice also the low number of Sigils.

Considering I work full-time and put roughly at most 3 hrs a day into WoW at night through the weeks, and not often on Weekends due to a Partner and such. You can see that 16 days took a long while spread over a fair few months, that was on a PvE character, you can see just how long Sigils took.

I must just be the king of badluck streaks of WoW haha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Win/loss ratio for random BGs definitely depends on your location, time, faction, et cetera.

It's not impossible that he could be losing all of his BGs. Unusual and odd but not impossible.
    This.

And the fact that you do not win 50% of the time if you're queueing random. Shows how ignorant people are, because this is assumed all the time to perform some meaningless calculations in order to prove it's impossible.

I haven't done pvp in a while, so things might have changed. But in my experience random pvp wins about 30% of the time.
    The main reason (at least back in the day): your opponents could either be randoms or guild teams, while your allies will be pure random 99% of the time. So you will lose some games by guarantee. True, with realm pools that evens out a little bit, but it amazes me how quickly people forget that on some servers it was virtually impossible for either faction to win any game in weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    I must just be the king of badluck streaks of WoW haha
    Well, I sure think you are over-exaggerating a bit, but let me tell you this:

I know someone, who tried to farm the old ZG raptor mount every single ID for years until it was removed and hasn't found it once.
    Since it was added in Sept 05, removed in Nov. 10, and had a raid lockout of just 3 days, one had roughly 600 ids to find either one mount. True, nobody can get in every ID, and the drop chance hasn't always been at 1%, but even if you assume you went in 300 times with your main, plus several times with alts it is extremely unlucky not to get it after 350 runs or so.

So shit happens.

Deleted
    The odds of losing 60 battlegrounds in a row are something like 0.000000000004%. That's literally less likely than being hit by lightning the same day you win the lottery. I'm sorry, but I am never going to believe this, your shitty little JPG be damned. Even if you link your armory, the odds of the stat page being bugged are infinitely greater than the odds that you actually lost 60 in a row.

Someone could roll onto this forum and claim they banged Katy Perry in the ass and it would genuinely, sincerely, truly be a more realistic and believable claim.

How long have you played WoW?
    And you can't PvP even a little?
    Okay.

I had no problem with that portion of my chain. Try queueing with people.
    Last edited by Instructor Soki; 2013-10-27 at 03:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP is not lying, since i had similar luck with the PvP part of the legendary quest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    OP is not lying, since i had similar luck with the PvP part of the legendary quest.
    I dont buy it. I couldnt lose 60 games in a row even if i actively tried to sabotage for my team. It just wont happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Instructor Soki View Post
    It's a game - and if you're not good at a part of it, wouldn't you want to get better?
    If the question is abstract: it depends.
    - In chess I wouldn't desperately try to be good at closed positional play, if open positional play suits my style better. The reason is because in most cases I can at least influence which one situation I will be up against.
    - In billiards I have no choice: if my long pot game sucks, I need to improve on it, because I cannot choose the position I am getting when I come to the table.

In WoW: Blizzard decided to separate PVP and PVE by force at the time they admitted they did not want to balance PvP and PvE with the same mechanics and instead introduced PvP gear, talents and mechanics.

So my answer would be no. Since that point I see PvP as a different game and have no interest whatsoever in getting better at it. And because the cloak is needed for PvE play I was offended too, that it required PvP.
    That said I got it fairly quickly, but I couldn't be bothered to even try it for a month or so.
    Last edited by mmoc1848483d5d; 2013-10-27 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by captmcneil View Post
    If the question is abstract: it depends.
    - In chess I wouldn't desperately try to be good at closed positional play, if open positional play suits my style better. The reason is because in most cases I can at least influence which one situation I will be up against.
    - In billiards I have no choice: if my long pot game sucks, I need to improve on it, because I cannot choose the position I am getting when I come to the table.

In WoW: Blizzard decided to separate PVP and PVE by force at the time they admitted they did not want to balance PvP and PvE with the same mechanics and instead introduced PvP gear, talents and mechanics.

So my answer would be no. Since that point I see PvP as a different game and have no interest whatsoever in getting better at it. And because the cloak is needed for PvE play I was offended too, that it required PvP.
    That said I got it fairly quickly, but I couldn't be bothered to even try it for a month or so.
    The Chess analogy isn't really relevant--But I get what you're going for.

I guess I just can't understand why someone would want to limit the amount of potential content available to them.
    People I know who don't like PvP tend to dislike it because they feel intimidated by it. I think people take PvP "too personally".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    not at all. PvP is part of every MMO. the story of WoW is BASED on a conflict between the alliance and the horde (~PvP). get over it.
    Lore fighting of Horde vs Alliance != PvP, the actual battles between the factions takes place mostly in quests, in PvE. The rated portion of the PvP combat even sets you up against your own faction.

As for whether or not the legendary quest should involve PvP elements, I'm fine with it. It's supposed to be legendary, meaning you should go through hell and beyond to complete it. Random battleground is as close as you can get to hell in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Instructor Soki View Post
    The Chess analogy isn't really relevant--But I get what you're going for.

I guess I just can't understand why someone would want to limit the amount of potential content available to them.
    People I know who don't like PvP tend to dislike it because they feel intimidated by it. I think people take PvP "too personally".
    The chess analogy is relevant in the sense that PvP would be the one and PvE the other style of play. The question is, can I do the one without requiring skills from the other, and with PvP that's the case. You could be a genius at PvP and still suck at PvE (and the other way round).

The reason, why people would want to limit it? Easy: because if you have a job and family, you don't have the time. A grown up person with job and friends can't possibly play more than 10-20 hours a week, of which at least 7-10 will be raiding (assuming 2-3 days including preparation), and that does not include capping your valor, farming, etcetra. So I can understand very well that those people want to focus on the one part they're good at and ignore the other parts.