Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frantik View Post
    i.imgur.com/TtbL1sj.png i.imgur.com/TtbL1sjm.png

Some slight changes (again) from my previous UI. At this point I'm basically only moving things slightly x/y and screwing around with WeakAuras, I'm really enjoying the layout though and will probably stick with it. I realise my debuffs are ever so slightly larger than my buffs and my boss frames could do with a bit of tweaking. I might change the way my buffs are layed out as well. In fact that whole upper right corner is a cluster**** and I should get it fixed <_<. Pretty happy with it so far, I've been getting quite a bit of interest from people about my UI through PMs but it's kind of hard to release something publicly as it's always changing on my end. Maybe one day when I've finally settled on something and it's "perfect" I could release it officially.
    In case you hadn't noticed, it looks to me like your chat frame background is more transparent than your target castbar background, for example. I would go over all the backgrounds and make sure they all have the same alpha value for visual consistency.

Had a huge update to my UI.
    Moved my unit frames back to default position and added in an addon called
    Galvin's Unit frames.

About 20 seconds in is my UI in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytemoss View Post
    Still very WIP but getting some progress ^^

i really really like that but there is one thing that really annoys me... those weakauras under the raidframes: 50x30 ?!? xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Galvin's Unit frames.

youtube.com/watch?v=M-PquZgPAZE

About 20 seconds in is my UI in action.
    At this point, do you still need to have the default unit frames shown at all? (Also I believe the addon is called "Galvin's UnitBars".)

Quote Originally Posted by yoshioo View Post
    i really really like that but there is one thing that really annoys me... those weakauras under the raidframes: 50x30 ?!? xD
    I think those might be action buttons - either way, though, I agree; I think squares would look better. Also, the icons appear to be stretched rather than cropped, which to me kind of ruins the intended effect somewhat.

I also think the horizontal divider between the cast bar and raid frames should either be both above and below the raid frames or not be there at all.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Galvin's Unit frames.
    Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    At this point, do you still need to have the default unit frames shown at all? (Also I believe the addon is called "Galvin's UnitBars".)
    Pretty much have to agree with Constie here. You're playing with two sets of unit frames which to me seems useless. I have my player frame directly underneath my character and if I re-enabled the default unit-frames it would just sit in the top corner like yours and just be there for no reason at all!

Just adding an update to show what I've done. Few code adjustments and have the UI somewhere near what it used to be. Not sure what I want to do with the unit-frames yet.

Deleted
    Now that I'm allowed to post links, here are some of the better old UIs from my blog:

I think the Warrior one is the best one; if I were to remake it today I would move the aura frames and target text to where they are in the Shadow one, but otherwise it's pretty much optimal (for dungeon tanking, that is). Also, I don't actually think the last one is very good, myself, but it is the most viewed post on the blog, so I guess others like it.

Deleted
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/TtbL1sjm.png[/IMG ]

Some slight changes (again) from my previous UI. At this point I'm basically only moving things slightly x/y and screwing around with WeakAuras, I'm really enjoying the layout though and will probably stick with it. I realise my debuffs are ever so slightly larger than my buffs and my boss frames could do with a bit of tweaking. I might change the way my buffs are layed out as well. In fact that whole upper right corner is a cluster**** and I should get it fixed <_<. Pretty happy with it so far, I've been getting quite a bit of interest from people about my UI through PMs but it's kind of hard to release something publicly as it's always changing on my end. Maybe one day when I've finally settled on something and it's "perfect" I could release it officially.
    What font is is you're using?

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Pretty much have to agree with Constie here. You're playing with two sets of unit frames which to me seems useless. I have my player frame directly underneath my character and if I re-enabled the default unit-frames it would just sit in the top corner like yours and just be there for no reason at all!
    Okay, great suggestion.
    But I'm not sure how to go about the target frame then.. I need a target frame so if I hid my player frame completely it would look incredibly weird rolling with the target frame up in the corner.

Any suggestions? Cheers for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Not sure what I want to do with the unit-frames yet.
    Do sliders! They're awesome.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    In case you hadn't noticed, it looks to me like your chat frame background is more transparent than your target castbar background, for example. I would go over all the backgrounds and make sure they all have the same alpha value for visual consistency.
    The chat background is the same as every other background across the full UI (0.15,0.15,0.15,0.8).
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    What font is is you're using?
    Gotham Narrow Black, it's a commercial font I found out about from Kait. The nearest "free" alternative you could get would be Arial Narrow Black, I guess.

I think those might be action buttons - either way, though, I agree; I think squares would look better. Also, the icons appear to be stretched rather than cropped, which to me kind of ruins the intended effect somewhat.

I also think the horizontal divider between the cast bar and raid frames should either be both above and below the raid frames or not be there at all.
    Those are actually weakauras but I agree Changed that back to squares

I like the divider though, gives the impression that the raid frames are hung up to the cast bar, instead of everything just being on top of each other

My take on Pixil's UI

C&C Me Please Pixil
    Pixel Font

Non Pixel Font

Can't decide between Pixel font or non pixel font, changing it back and forward atm and they both look good ><
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-11-18 at 05:00 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, great suggestion.
    But I'm not sure how to go about the target frame then.. I need a target frame so if I hid my player frame completely it would look incredibly weird rolling with the target frame up in the corner.

Any suggestions? Cheers for your input.
    Thing is, do you really need a target frame? I've asked myself the same question plenty of times. In the current age, nameplates are able to do as much as a normal target unit-frame except the right-click menu function.

I'm not quite sure how it could be done but if there were a way to enable the right click menu on a targeted nameplate I think it would work out quite well if you were to alpha out other plates to about 0.2 and leave your target plate at 1.0 alpha. It's something I've wanted to have a go at for a while and I have tested it, but I miss the right click menu too much.

As for other suggestions. There's plenty of ways you could work the UI around a center player unit-frame and I guess that's what your going for with the UI?

Here's a bunch of UIs I have had in the past that focus on the player frame being in the middle.

slightly to the side, bunched up straight, target frame slightly above.

Just have a play around. Put your player frame in the middle of the screen where it feels comfortable and then try different placements of the other frames to see where it suits you. I think the third image I listed above works really well with the shape of the default frames if they're placed well with each other and you still want to keep that style of frame.

I personally think that having the player frame in the middle is the best way to have a UI setup as you can focus everything around the center and see other parts of the UI in your peripheral vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    My take on Pixil's UI

C&C Me Please Pixil
    Well, you asked! http://screencast.com/t/JmE4jJbr
    Critiquing the pixel font one (T'is my favourite)

As for the improvements to chat and chat bubbles;
    ElvUI -> modules -> chat
    Paste this at the bottom
    for i = 1, NUM_CHAT_WINDOWS do
    local cf = _G[("ChatFrame%d"):format(i)]
    cf:SetFont("Fonts\\hooge.ttf", 8, "MONOCHROME OUTLINE")
    cf:SetSpacing(3)
    cf:SetShadowOffset(0, 0)
    end

ElvUI -> modules -> misc -> chatBubbles
    Go to this file and find where it says this (there should be 2)
    Change both numbers to 6 (I think they're originally set to 14)
    frame.text:FontTemplate(nil, 6)

Finally got some spare time to actually use the sliders/scrollframes concept to put up a layout. Very very basic atm and most of the things need to be redone.

full health/power

health/power lost

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Finally got some spare time to actually use the sliders/scrollframes concept to put up a layout. Very very basic atm and most of the things need to be redone.

full health/power

health/power lost
    Looks pretty good but don't you think that having at the same time your health/power numbers, the color they're filled with and the "slider" changing is too much?
    I would try the same with a display of max health / max power only so that at least the numbers stay the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytemoss View Post
    Looks pretty good but don't you think that having at the same time your health/power numbers, the color they're filled with and the "slider" changing is too much?
    I would try the same with a display of max health / max power only so that at least the numbers stay the same.
    So numbers don't change but the look like bars? Worth a try but i don't think having costantly out max values would be useful. Agree anyway that my way can be a little overkill. Maybe using fixed color like class color for hp and power color for power should look better.

EDIT: this font is pretty cool, but pixel fonts look way better because they have much better contrast; also given the fact they cannot be more than size 32, crispness is really valuable if i plan to go ahead and use text only. Will for sure make some concept with that "rune/tribal font" i posted in a previous page.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-11-18 at 05:43 PM.

Made some changes as per Pixil's advice

Fixt.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-11-18 at 10:42 PM.

Deleted
    Gotham Narrow Black, it's a commercial font I found out about from Kait. The nearest "free" alternative you could get would be Arial Narrow Black, I guess.
    Ahh, okay, and how did you get a border around (what I assume is) Bigwigs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Ahh, okay, and how did you get a border around (what I assume is) Bigwigs?
    ElvUI AddonSkins.