Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    At launch, when I played on Mal'Ganis, we would kill low level players just because they were there. Horde vs Alliance. Red = Dead, all that stuff. Sometimes we would lock down an area (like Duskwood) or sometimes we would ride the boats and kill anyone who got on.

There wasn't any real charm in it. You just happened to be there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only gank lowbies acting like idiots; i.e, attacking flagged NPCs, killing other lowbies... There's no real "charm" for me in one-shotting someone 20 levels beneath you unless they learn something along with it.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I play on Sargeras (Alliance). I view this with three rules:

1. If you are +/- 5 levels of my active character, you're free game.
    2. I won't ever camp someone, but if you continue to compete for resources that I desire, you're free game.
    3. I won't kill someone less than five levels of me, unless you're from Illidan. Illidan characters don't get the benefit of the previous two rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    The question is why do you not like being ganked? It's all part of the fun!

If you get angry or pissed off being ganked you're doing it all wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    The question is why do you not like being ganked?
    Because PvP is a minigame, it is horribly designed, and is completely irrelevant in a PvE realm outside of instances like Arenas and BGs.

In my opinion, people gank lowbies because they're either to afraid to go after people of their own level, and they lack the skill/fortitude, or they're bored and just happened to gank. Does that make it right? Probably not. But in this game, right is a very subjective thing. If you dislike it so much that it causes you to post on MMO champ about it, you should either transfer to a PvE realm, or do something else in game so you can give yourself a break. No fun getting stressed out at a game meant to de-stress you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Because PvP is a minigame, it is horribly designed, and is completely irrelevant in a PvE realm outside of instances like Arenas and BGs.
    But it's not though, PvP is the game, it personalizes the whole experience. When Blizzard put in guards at quest hubs and flight points to instances it removed all the fun. Basically it became World of Warcraft minus the fun.

Deleted
    Levelled on a PvP server was so annoying getting camped off 90's. I was quite pissed off but realised i'd probably do the same if I was passing by a low level lol.

Red = Dead has always been a silly concept.

I've never seen a ganker attack someone with better gear than them, or an arena master, or attack a raid group by themselves. Hell I seldom see them attack players even on an equal footing.

I believe the more appropriate term is Red = Dead if an only if I can kill my opponent with zero chance of failure and no chance of reprisal from anyone that can harm me, else I blow 50 defensive cool downs, glider, and rocket boots to flee to safety.

Not that this directly concerns me, I never seem to encounter gankers when leveling and I fear nothing on my 576ilvl godlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazmina View Post
    Red = Dead has always been a silly concept.

I've never seen a ganker attack someone with better gear than them, or an arena master, or attack a raid group by themselves. Hell I seldom see them attack players even on an equal footing.

I believe the more appropriate term is Red = Dead if an only if I can kill my opponent with zero chance of failure and no chance of reprisal from anyone that can harm me, else I blow 50 defensive cool downs, glider, and rocket boots to flee to safety.

Not that this directly concerns me, I never seem to encounter gankers when leveling and I fear nothing on my 576ilvl godlock.
    Red=dead as long as it's not to dangerous.

Well when I gank people, it's usually for one of the following reasons:
    -Bored
    -Revenge for getting ganked on my alt.
    -I had a bad day and I'm being a douche and taking it out on lower levels.
    -Spark wpvp by making the lower levels go get 90s.
    -Stroke my epeen by making myself feel god-like.

I never camp anyone though. Just a fly by and kill them once. Being camped is super annoying, but being ganked is expected on a pvp server.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    So play a PvE realm then....

The charm is that they're not on my pve server. ^_^

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I only gank lowbies acting like idiots; i.e, attacking flagged NPCs, killing other lowbies...
    What's wrong with lowbies attacking lowbies? I figured that's exactly what pvp realms are for.

Didn't realize being a dick had any charm to it.

Because they get turned on by the sight of dead lowbies

If they are a nelf male, gnome, death knight, hunter or a druid I'll kill them on sight. If they are a panda or a monk I'll corpsecamp them at least 3 times while using derogatory emotes and if I can I'll eat their corpse hopefully before they release spirit.
    Last edited by Shiny212; 2014-02-14 at 11:45 PM.

I kill rogues of any level on sight, but I won't go out of my way to camp them, just trounce them if they happen to pass by. This is because throughout my WoW life, the most vile despicable pieces of trash I knew (there have been 4) all played rogues.

I will kill/attempt to kill anyone. Just cause that's why I play on a PvP server..

But I only do it once.. If it was an easy kill and/or they are much lower level I will usually bow and then wave afterwards to try and let them know I am not going after then again..

I don't believe in camping whatsoever. That is complete douchebaggery.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Booty View Post
    The Alliance is my enemy. If they are dead, they are not progressing. If they are dead, that means they aren't harming other Horde members. If they flip to a geared 90, that's fine, but either way, i'm preventing my enemy from getting stronger. That's really all there is to it.
    Though different factions, this is the reason I have done it and will continue to do so. In game, horde is my enemy, simple as that. Believe me, after years of playing, I've taken my share of being brutalized by my enemy. It's a war, I get that. It's also the premise of the game, not a love fest.