Does anyone have any suggestions on how to see the silly holes in Beth'ilac's web? Some posts here mention being able to stay up indefinitely, but even if I run like a rabbit I eventually fall through.
    I'm guessing this can be fixed with different visual settings, what do you guys suggest?

You're right @Raikh.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    Does anyone have any suggestions on how to see the silly holes in Beth'ilac's web? Some posts here mention being able to stay up indefinitely, but even if I run like a rabbit I eventually fall through.
    I'm guessing this can be fixed with different visual settings, what do you guys suggest?

You're right @Raikh.
    Positioning is key. When you hop up, take Beth'tilac as close to the edge of her web as you can. When a meteor graphic appears at your feet (very visible at even the lowest settings), strafe a few yards left or right- enough to avoid the meteor and hole it makes, but not to move the boss significantly.
    Your goal is to get as many of the holes in her web positioned towards the outer edges. That way, you're able to gradually inch further inwards without worry about falling through older holes.

Remember that she will head down either upon reaching 10% health, or after her third Smouldering Devastation. Your goal, therefore, is to get her to 10% as fast as possible.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?
    <Mionepony> Especially not if it's you...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    What gear level would you guys recommend to do the hardest WotLK bosses in a DPS specialization?

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    What gear level would you guys recommend to do the hardest WotLK bosses in a DPS specialization?
    It really depends on what you'd define as "hardest", I suppose.
    Back during Tier 14, I wasn't able to outdamage the enormous amounts of healing that Halion 25 HM was able to put out. I haven't gone back to try as DPS, so that's definitely something I'll look into.

I began doing my weekly LK 25H runs as DW Frost at around 570 ilvl, though I'm sure it could be done at 560 or even lower. I know Yogg-Saron is also currently done by many as DPS at around the same gear level, though I find the debuff/stun RNG to be annoying enough that I prefer the consistency of Blood.

The most important thing, in my opinion is knowing when to get strategic uses of Death Siphon off as DPS. It's an incredibly powerful heal that scales with both DPS spec's masteries and can Crit; using it at opportune times can mean the difference between a wipe and living. In a similar vein, I've found that I prefer Remorseless Winter on any fight with adds (Lich King) or Desecrated Ground when loss of control is likely (Yogg-Saron), given that you're not actively gaming Vengeance as DPS, and losing control at the wrong time can be disastrous.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?

Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena View Post
    Positioning is key. When you hop up, take Beth'tilac as close to the edge of her web as you can. When a meteor graphic appears at your feet (very visible at even the lowest settings), strafe a few yards left or right- enough to avoid the meteor and hole it makes, but not to move the boss significantly.
    Your goal is to get as many of the holes in her web positioned towards the outer edges. That way, you're able to gradually inch further inwards without worry about falling through older holes.

Remember that she will head down either upon reaching 10% health, or after her third Smouldering Devastation. Your goal, therefore, is to get her to 10% as fast as possible.
    Someone's really helpful - this worked perfectly! Thank you!

Is anyone else eager to see how well we can survive enrages and the like in the 6.0 patch? Rune Tap will be a godsend.

Someone's really helpful - this worked perfectly! Thank you!

Is anyone else eager to see how well we can survive enrages and the like in the 6.0 patch? Rune Tap will be a godsend.
    Glad to have been of help, congrats on the kill.
    In concept, the new Rune Tap sounds incredibly powerful when soloing. The fact that all forms of gearing (even Armour rating jewellery) now have offensive as well as defensive components for Tank specs will probably encourage a lot more players who do not currently have easy access to DPS gear, to try out soloing.

I think Mione and I have two similar worries at the moment:

1. Bosses that incorporate a silencing mechanic, thus rendering Pestilence and Death Coil unusable.
    2. No more ghoul from Raise Dead. As Elegon and Ragnaros both demonstrated, the ability to have a minion temporarily tank a boss so that you can reset stacks is invaluable.

I'm also not a huge fan of the new Rune Tap for other reasons, but in the context of soloing I think that the above two points are what require the most pressing attention.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

And on that note, how will stat modifiers work for MoP raid bosses? If I understand the squish correctly, everything is being reduced using logarithmic scaling, so a tight DPS check like Feng or Jin'rokh will be scaled down less than we are (relatively), since they aren't tuned for people in 580 gear. While we may be getting a buff in older content that compensates for this, does this include older MoP bosses as well?

How do you guys manage to kill H Beth'tilac by going upstairs with her? I did that once, and when she went back down she ate a few spiderlings, healed to ~30%, then the spinners that were down there perma-stunned me and killed me, even after I popped IBF. Acknowledging this, I just stay down below and tank out the entire fight and then kill her 100-0 when she comes downstairs after her third Smoldering Devastation.

Also, does H LK 25 do enough damage to a DW frost DK (566 ilvl) to be a relevant threat? I've been doing it as tank in tank gear and it takes several centuries (17 minutes, RP included).
    Last edited by SirHandMan; 2014-06-06 at 05:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And on that note, how will stat modifiers work for MoP raid bosses? If I understand the squish correctly, everything is being reduced using logarithmic scaling, so a tight DPS check like Feng or Jin'rokh will be scaled down less than we are (relatively), since they aren't tuned for people in 580 gear. While we may be getting a buff in older content that compensates for this, does this include older MoP bosses as well?
    Thats only from either 60-85, or 60-90. At 90, the gear curve becomes exponential once again, so you should see a similar boost in power going from 450-580 as you do now. According to blizz anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirHandMan View Post
    How do you guys manage to kill H Beth'tilac by going upstairs with her? I did that once, and when she went back down she ate a few spiderlings, healed to ~30%, then the spinners that were down there perma-stunned me and killed me, even after I popped IBF. Acknowledging this, I just stay down below and tank out the entire fight and then kill her 100-0 when she comes downstairs after her third Smoldering Devastation.

Also, does H LK 25 do enough damage to a DW frost DK (566 ilvl) to be a relevant threat? I've been doing it as tank in tank gear and it takes several centuries (17 minutes, RP included).
    H LK 25 does a pretty good amount of damage, you'll need about, 32k sustained hps as a dps? in addition to having to top yourself off whenever he casts infest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Blood + DPS gear takes a few centuries less You should however be fine with 566 as frost.
    Nomi Solo - 70 DK soloing

Quote Originally Posted by Nomisno View Post
    Blood + DPS gear takes a few centuries less You should however be fine with 566 as frost.
    actauly tank gear does about the same dmg as dps gear

haste is capped for both, since both are GCD locked completely, and full dps gear people who are BiS 585 have about 19k crit, while my DK alt whos 574 has 19k crit as well in tank gear

Still, you have the DPS metagem + Flurry of Xuen in DPS gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    566 is just fine for frost, although I you have a decent 2h I'd strongly recommend UH. Most of the damage come from Shambler(s) in P1, Remorseless Winter + Pain and Suffering during transitions and Soul Reaper haste buff that LK gets in P2 (in P3 it seems to be timed so he'll channel the ghosts while the buff is active.) Death Siphon is mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    H LK 25 does a pretty good amount of damage, you'll need about, 32k sustained hps as a dps? in addition to having to top yourself off whenever he casts infest.
    1)ams infest
    2) ???
    3) profit

just pick up death siphon because the fight still does do a good amount of damage and lasts quite a while

Would it be worth using Iron Jugg's trinket then for the 3% LL?

It will def not make or break the fight - I'd rather go for more DPS
    Nomi Solo - 70 DK soloing

10+ Year Old Account
    Would it be worth using Iron Jugg's trinket then for the 3% LL?
    Yes, the Jugg's trinket is absolutely worht using when soloing fights as a dps. If you can do 300k dps, you basically will only need to use the occasional Death Siphon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Yes, the Jugg's trinket is absolutely worht using when soloing fights as a dps. If you can do 300k dps, you basically will only need to use the occasional Death Siphon.
    Jugg trinket is absolutely *not* worth using. The dps loss combined with DS-heal loss (depending on replacement) isn't just worth it. Heck, I'd go as far as to say Jugg trinket is the worst trinket ingame, at least for it's ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraeth View Post
    Jugg trinket is absolutely *not* worth using. The dps loss combined with DS-heal loss (depending on replacement) isn't just worth it. Heck, I'd go as far as to say Jugg trinket is the worst trinket ingame, at least for it's ilvl.
    Okay, sounds good. I would be replacing TTT, since I'm rather fond of H Evil Eye, so it would be a DS-heal loss.

jugg trinket gives something like 2k crit, not that much of a dps loss

Still, you have the DPS metagem + Flurry of Xuen in DPS gear.
    you know you can just put on your dps cloak while wearing tank gear too, some people only have tank gear because they raid MS tank but the dps cape and dps meta gem you just walk up to a vendor and buy, doesnt require having a dps set at all to use dps cap + dps meta and use your tank gear with 20k+ riposte crit + avoidance gcd cap