Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

How do you leave your guild in a good fashion?

I'm on an 8/14hc guild atm and I really like my guild. However, some people are just terrible and are stalling our progress but since they've been part of the core team for several years, the guild leader isn't going to replace them. I've applied to a new and more suitable guild and been accepted as a trial. Unfortunately, this guild is on the same realm and my current one so I can't do the immature "just say goodbye and transfer" move that I've relied on earlier. So how do I leave my current guid without coming off as a douche? Do I tell them the truth? I've only been a part of the guild for 3 months, so do I owe them a reason for leaving? I'm really anxious about this situation and would appreciate you sharing your experiences with people leaving your guild and vice-versa.

Explain the situation as it is, say good bye and leave. Mail the guild master or someone in the guild you are good sport with.

Well it's only been 3 months, in my opinion it's quite a short time for you or the other members to get to know each other very well. Just tell them you don't feel comfortable in the current atmosphere and you took a decision to move to a different guild. No harm done.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just tell the truth. Just be sure to give them a week maybe 2 advance notice so they can prepare.
    Its pretty dam annoying when people gquit without a note or notice.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Tell them to "git gud nubs" and then /gquit

Deleted
    "So long,mothe***ckers!" /gquit

Anyways...
    Explain the situation,and mail the GM if you wish. You don't owe them anything,so the best thing to do is to simply explain the situation (preferably someone you're good with) and leave. Nothing else,nothing more.
    Last edited by mmocb3bae280f1; 2014-07-10 at 09:12 PM.

I wouldnt mention the issues in the guild personally, its up to them to address that..

Something like..

I have enjoyed my stay in the guild and made some really good friends, but my needs have changed and they do not match the guilds, so its a fond farewell.. etc etc etc..

No need to be rude or anything.

Job done.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just whisper to the GM that you no longer wish to be part of the guild. If he questions your decision or you feel like it, just tell him that you thought you were joining a more "competitive" guild and that you feel that people are not pulling their own weight. The GM might appreciate the feedback.

Say goodbye in /gchat and thank them for everything (if you feel like it) before /gquit.

Unless you top DPS or have a few friends there, nobody will really care.

tell the GM and gquit in the middle of the night if anyone whispers you later just say "sorry the patch has been out for a year i'm tired of it and just want to beat the damn game and be done till wod". they'll get the hint.

theres like an 85% chance that you leaving will create a domino effect and the other good players will bail too. grats, you just killed your first guild <3

Login at 6am in the middle of the week with no one else on-line, leave the guild, change realm, change faction, change name... then keep playing as if nothing never happened.

No, seriously, simply tell the truth and give them one or two weeks so they can prepare. As long as you do the right thing, being in good or bad fashion will be entirely in their hands, some people have good reactions and will wish you good luck and others will even kick you from the guild right away with all your alts... just remember that this is a game and is meant to be fun, don't let others ruin your fun because of 'politics' in a videogame guild.

Dear guildies,

For the time I've been here, I've had a great time being in this guild. Sadly the past few weeks I've came to a conclusion that I want more than our current progress yields. I therefor decided to apply to another guild, where I have been accepted. I will be leaving the guild shortly. All the best to each and every one of you and hope WoD will rock for all of us.

/cousin

You're welcome .
    ~ stuff, the best thing ~

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, would explain to them what the deal is about, then say my farewells and maybe even if I had a good time with them or not. Then /gquit.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

take all of the expensive items you can out of the guild bank, kick as many people as you can/if you can and /gquit.

then blame it on your Norwegian cousin if they ask. nobody questions the Norwegian cousin
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Why do u have to explain u r leaving a guild? o.O to enter u need an invite but to leave u don't need an explanation.

There's no good way to do it, but the best time to it was last month. Failing that, the current least bad way do it is to do it now.

Regardless of how you say it, what it boils down to is that your (former) guild will have to plan around you not being there. That may not be a big deal depending on your class/the roster, but in any event, the earlier that happens, the more chance they have to try to replace you or set up the raid without you.

Quote Originally Posted by cousin View Post
    I'm on an 8/14hc guild atm and I really like my guild. However, some people are just terrible and are stalling our progress but since they've been part of the core team for several years, the guild leader isn't going to replace them. I've applied to a new and more suitable guild and been accepted as a trial.
    And you think the same kind of crap doesn't happen in every guild? Yeah, good luck with that. Anyway, you've done transfers before, and are planning to leave your current one after 3 months? You're a guild hopper, and nobody cares whether you stay or leave. You know why those people you think are holding up your progress are there? Because they're reliable. Reliability is more important than skill. With a reliable team I can practice and make progress, even if it's slow. With guild hoppers unwilling to put in the effort when everything is not perfect, I can't make progress. In all likelihood it's people like you who are holding that guild back, not the core members that have been there for years. You're essentially just hopping around and getting carried.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anjan011 View Post
    Why do u have to explain u r leaving a guild? o.O to enter u need an invite but to leave u don't need an explanation.
    Leaving without saying anything is pretty rude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

So long losers! /gquit...but after raiding the guild bank of course! Duh!
    Last edited by CandyFresh; 2014-07-10 at 12:20 PM.
    CPU: Ivy Bridge i5-3570K OC @ 4.2 GHz, Cooler: ARTIC Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2
    MB: ASUS P8Z77-V LE, RAM: 2x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM
    GPU: MSI R9-280X, Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE
    SSD: 120GB SanDisk SSD, HDD: 2x 1TB Seagate HDD in RAID 0
    PSU: OCZ 700W (multi-rail) PSU, Case: Cooler Master Elite 334U case
    Monitors: ASUS VE247H & ASUS VE228H Cooling: Totes cute Akasa 120mm Rainbow LED fans

Will tell it the way i'd see it as an officer in my guild. We are extremely casual. Just last week we hit 8/14 hc. Always been a struggle to have a proper raid night with all members showing up. A portion of the raiders are very good players, capable of much higher progress. We, however, seem to be okay with the slow progress, cuz we like all the raiders, maximizers or not.

In the past few months, we recruited a couple of players. Extremely good players with similar mentalities to some of our skilled members. As an officer, I feel some of those players feel stuck. They probably wanted proper raiding schedules (more than once/twice a week), faster progression, less AFK, etc... They don't wanna bail on the guild cuz they like us. Personally, i'd be totally fine if any of them whispered me n explained the situation, "I like you guys but I need something more hardcore," or anything similar.

If you leave on good terms you can also leave your alts in that guild, if you really like them. Give em a 1 week notice or something, especially if you're a tank/healer they rely on.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

Tell them you are too good for their guild and leave. Its what you think after all.