Deleted
    Godzilla 2014

7/10

It was entertaining to say the least. Ok the story was a bit silly but considering that it was made after a Japanese movie, I guess you can't complain much. They love their giant monsters and robots. Still, Godzilla as a "good guy" came as a positive surprise since I was kinda expecting him(?) to smash up the city and eat people till the heroes come and kill him to save the day.

12 Year A Slave 9/10

I regret not having watched it earlier, it is great.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    What didn't you like about it? While I don't think it's as great as others seem to make it out, I rather enjoyed the movie -- in large part because of the editing, but...
    The reason I find it so forgettable, is that the plot was basically pointless. I really don't get what message they were trying to send. Summer wasn't even bad, the show would be better if the was really mean, or evil, but she wasn't. So I just don't understand why this show was made,since it's seemingly based on a true story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Animal Kingdom - 8/10

Good film with some great tension and unexpected moments. Really enjoyed it.

I re-watched Cap 2 and...I think I have to take back my earlier declaration that Guardians was Marvel's best. Cap 2 had the better plot, antagonists, and Cap and Winter Soldier's dynamic punched me in the gut Both movies are so different, and so good, but I think Cap 2 edges Guardians out for me. These two films and Days of Future Past has made this a stellar year for Marvel properties. Good times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazerhawk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    Sharknado 2/10
    So horrible that it's hillarious.
    That's the whole point of the movie...
    Yea I know. That's why it got 2/10 instead of 1/10.

OT:
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
    Actually really good IMO. 8/10

True Grit (2010) - 8/10

Real solid movie, acting is great all-around (especially Jeff Bridges) and the cinematography is very fitting for the western theme.

Bit slow-paced.

Guardians of the Galaxy

In terms of a Saturday matinee movie, its 9/10, right up there with the feelings I got going to see the old Indiana Jones movies as a kid.
    just as a movie, 8/10

I paid to see this twice in the theater, and I rarely ever do that. last time I did, was Avengers

10+ Year Old Account
    Spider Man 2. Or I guess it's The Amazing Spider Man 2? The newest one.

I'd give it a 7/10. I enjoyed the acting and the casting choices, but the overall style of the movie (the way its directed and shot) doesn't sit well with me. I much prefer the style of the older Spidey flicks, although I hated their casting choices. Meh.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    Definitely not just sitting in my garrison...
    Fight Club (...again) 8.5/10

Avid fan of the author Chuck, and I still believe that the movie cannot compare to the book. But despite these facts the movie was still intense and still had enough of a punch packed in it. Dark and scattered, just like Robert Paulson's brains but that's just how I like it... the movie, not splattered brains.

Saw 7 (lol ik I waited awhile)

3/10

I'd prolly give it a 5 or 6 if the ending wasn't so abrupt, but overall it did have its flaws. It did seem like they tried too hard (or in some ways too little), and they really rushed the story. Still a Saw fan, but it could have been better.

Deleted
    The Prince 5/10
    Struggling to find any sort of redeeming features for this film.

Generic, predictable, one man army goes on a rampage killing everyone that gets between him and rescuing his strung out junkie daughter. For an action movie, it's shit, Willis and Cusack get maybe 10 mins of screen time, and handful of lines and obviously used to entice people to watching, Clichéd straight to video crap. I actually laughed at one point when the bad guys were wearing sunglasses, baseball caps and waterproof jackets. INDOORS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sin City: A Dame to Kill For: 6 ~ 10 It was OK. I wanted to like it more than I did. There were some good performances by Joseph Love Hewitt, Josh Groban, Mickey Rooney, and a delightfully slutty Eva Gabor, but there were a few too many cameos that came off as, "Look at me! I'm in a Sin City movie! OK, I love you, buh-bye!". If it wasn't for boobs being flashed onto the screen every other minute, I'd probably have been bored out of my skull. Boobs. Flashed. Ha.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Godzilla(2014) - 6,5
    Way better than Emmerich version, much closer to japanese version.

Deleted
    Godzilla 2014 7/10

the film looks really nice, the monsters are cool, even though they remind me a bit of the cloverfield monster and pacific rim monsters, but what ever. also godzilla decapitates a monster by atomic vomiting down its throat, if you didn't enjoy that i don't know what to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Great Gatsby

7/10

decent story, for me anyways. but the feelz it gave for me cos it brought up the past.. not sure if good or bad..hmm
    Dear frozen yogurt, you are the celery of desserts. Be ice cream or be nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    R.I.P.D - 8/10: Watched this when it came out last year, decided to watch it again, it is a pretty fun movie, not sure why it did so horrible in theaters? Costing an estimated $130,000,000.00 but only bringing in $33,592,415 according to IMDB! Jeff Bridges' character was a hoot, where as Ryan Reynolds and Kevin Bacon coulda been played by anyone and the movie would have felt the same. To me it brought back the feeling i got when I watched Men In Black for the first time. Funny, serious and action packed all in the same movie, you dont get that done right very often.

Mama - 5/10: I watched this movie for 2 reasons; 1) there was some gif's taken from the movie on the Funny Pictures Mega Thread of the 'creature' that caught my attention and 2) Jaimie Fucking Lannister! Though it turns out not even the Kingslayer could save this pile of shit. The children where bad actors, the girlfriend was overly dumb and oblivious to what was happening, and Ser Jaimie was in the hospital for half the movie. The creature effects where few and far between and seemed like it was the same scene replayed from different angles. Also, the ending was just stupid.

X-Men: Days of Futures Past - 10/10:
    I loved the original X-men movies, but the third one kinda killed the franchise. Not sure why they went the way they did with it, but still, my favorite saturday morning cartoon in live action on the big screen was great in the early 2000s. When they came up with the First Class idea, i was ok with it, but wasnt sure what direction they would go with it. I am glad they went with it. It was great to see the Prof and Magneto in their primes. Having Hugh Jackman play his role (perfectly) across 7 (if you count his cameo in First Class) movies is the glue that made DoFP possible and I can't wait to see how they do
    En Sabah Nur. Young Magneto & Wolverine tearing it up on screen together? More please! I just hope the rumors of DoFP being Jackman's last outting as Wolverine aren't true!!!
    Last edited by Septik; 2014-08-26 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    R.I.P.D - 8/10: Watched this when it came out last year, decided to watch it again, it is a pretty fun movie, not sure why it did so horrible in theaters? Costing an estimated $130,000,000.00 but only bringing in [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]$33,592,415 according to IMDB! Jeff Bridges' character was a hoot, where as Ryan Reynolds and Kevin Bacon coulda been played by anyone and the movie would have felt the same. To me it brought back the feeling i got when I watched Men In Black for the first time. Funny, serious and action packed all in the same movie, you dont get that done right very often.
    R.I.P.D was an abomination, it did bad because the movie was without a doubt one of the worst movies of the year. It was sceduled to be shown at the local theatre of my city but then they pulled it as they realized noone would watch it (true story).

It's a complete ripoff from Men in Black, except the characters are no fun (Bridges is annoying as hell) and the effects are complete crap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sharlez View Post
    R.I.P.D was an abomination, it did bad because the movie was without a doubt one of the worst movies of the year. It was sceduled to be shown at the local theatre of my city but then they pulled it as they realized noone would watch it (true story).

It's a complete ripoff from Men in Black, except the characters are no fun (Bridges is annoying as hell) and the effects are complete crap!
    I caught it on Pay TV. It sucked so bad I instantly turned off the TV.

Deleted
    Lucy from Luc Besson, with Scarlett Johansson
    7 out of 10.

A woman, accidentally caught in a dark deal, turns the tables on her captors and transforms into a merciless warrior evolved beyond human logic.

One has to be willing to turn a blind eye on the story, which has many holes in my opinion.
    It's 90 minutes of nice Entertainment, action, and Scarlett.

Min-sik Choi, of Old Boy fame, is as great as ever.

Maleficent (2014)
    8/10
    It was a pretty good movie all in all, but not really that interesting. Quite predictable, like most fairy tales.