Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereaperszone View Post
    The perks are passive to spells you have so doesn't bloat your bars
    I talked about spell books not bars 8P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    You realise you spend a global for a total of 3000 damage (total images duration, damage not dps) right? An instant spell + NG uptime can offer you x100 the damage.

I will miss symb for the AMS and CoS mechanics cheezing. Immuning fear on Sha of Fear or the debuff on Jin'rokh HC where invaluable.

I will miss my Ghetto Thorns and Boner Shield

Thank god /10 char
    Right...wrong...The universe doesn't care
    Driefal,Etrith(Retired)

Quote Originally Posted by Phan View Post
    Then what are we getting in its place? nothing?

I remember it being a lvl 78 or something spell?

(Looking to main a druid in WOD thats all)
    A lot of classes aren't being compensated for scrapped abilities, so don't expect anything outside of talents/perks.

You could be like Mage and lose an amazing talent (Temporal Shield) as well as two baseline spells becoming talents (Mirror Image and Alter Time), on top of having all sense of PvP and survivability abolished (Deep Freeze nerfed to shit, Combustion nerfed beyond its already shit state, all self-healing pretty much gone)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    With a resource cost and requires a talent. 20 energy + gcd + talent for 65% ae damage reduction or 30% if it is single target versus no resource cost + no talent cost + 2 min 2 charges for 70% to everything. Honestly, as a pve rogue, I think I'd trade you. If you're just needing it occasionally SI is clearly better. You can just spam feint every 7 seconds to keep it up which might sound really nice, but it is incredibly unfun.
    Sure. I will trade you SI + Barkskin + Ursoc + Symbiosis (Oops no longer have those) for Feint + Elusiveness + Cloak of Shadows + Vanish + Smokebomb + Cheat Death + Evasion

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    Sure. I will trade you SI + Barkskin + Ursoc + Symbiosis (Oops no longer have those) for Feint + Elusiveness + Cloak of Shadows + Vanish + Smokebomb + Cheat Death + Evasion
    QFT

also SI is only 50% now

10+ Year Old Account
    You realise you spend a global for a total of 3000 damage (total images duration, damage not dps) right? An instant spell + NG uptime can offer you x100 the damage.

I will miss symb for the AMS and CoS mechanics cheezing. Immuning fear on Sha of Fear or the debuff on Jin'rokh HC were invaluable.
    Mirrors could be slightly usefull (at best) on fights like Horridon, where it could easily take the tank 10-15 seconds to position the boss.
    With Mirror Image on pull, you could go full out nuke while blowing CDs, for a nice damage boost, without thinking of aggro, and your CDs would be up when you would need them again..

But apart from that..... Not much usage for MI...

Orc, if you had a hunter in the raid, you could just (double) MD the tank instead, and then use MD to help tanks round up adds..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2014-08-29 at 07:14 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Screw symbiosis. It had some useful raid utility, but they gutted and neutered everyone's raid utility anyway.

To compensate they buffed survival insticts to an INSANE 70% damage reduction on a TWO MINUTE cooldown that has TWO charges. Like wtf? That is ridiculously powerful right there. Much better than symbiosis could ever hope to be.

I will miss life gripping people and tranqing while running though, but those were only as a healer.
    SI is back to 50%, still 2 charges.

Personally I would take my current defensive CDs (SI, Barkskin & Dispersion/DS) over the new ones (Just 2 charges of SI).

Quote Originally Posted by Maekito View Post
    SI is back to 50%, still 2 charges.

Personally I would take my current defensive CDs (SI, Barkskin & Dispersion/DS) over the new ones (Just 2 charges of SI).
    Did they remove glyph of ninth life for ferals? 10% permanent damage reduction is pretty decent. Goes against the whole no required glyphs mantra as I don't know anyone in pve or pvp would would run without that.

Symbiosis gave you pretty decent utility that you could customize to the fight you were doing. Not sure if they properly compensated that removal even on a damage reduction front let alone on the utility side of things. As an individual spell its button bloat was ridiculous and I understand cutting it but its utility was not properly compensated by an extra charge of survival instincts(while cutting barkskin and removing last stand) or a 30 second barkskin. Only spec maybe coming out ahead would be guardian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will this affect the Lilypad trinket from timeless isle as it is just a Symbiosis part 2?

I'm still upset about losing this :/ I'm really not convinced all of this pruning they are doing is for the best.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sayne9 View Post
    Did they remove glyph of ninth life for ferals? 10% permanent damage reduction is pretty decent. Goes against the whole no required glyphs mantra as I don't know anyone in pve or pvp would would run without that.
    Still in. I agree, seems pretty mandatory. Some may prefer the 20% extra healing but its seems to me a permanent 10% DR is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    Will this affect the Lilypad trinket from timeless isle as it is just a Symbiosis part 2?
    Still work afaik

In general, from what I could tell, there was always that ONE class that you really wanted to cast it on every raid for the added utility. Maybe two, and that doesn't count the raid's needs, like a Guardian druid (as the only Brez) casting it on a Holy pally to help with in-combat rez.

Seemed like a huge restriction to me. Why would you want to keep a spell that can do so much but offers so little?
    Signature and Avatar by maybenotquiteasheavy!

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    QFT

also SI is only 50% now
    Morons.

We already know from experience that 50% is not enough to survive without either Barkskin or Ursoc.

Hopefully they remember to buff it back when healing ramps up again in later tiers and it is CD or die mechanics again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    Still works. One more item in the "druids got shafted" list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still works. One more item in the "druids got shafted" list.
    It doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    It doesn't.

Oh, must be a recent change then, thanks.

Can you check if it's removed from the Timeless Isle achiev as well?

Wowhead still has it but it's greyed out and when you hover over it it has a different name -Wilted Lilypad.

Quote Originally Posted by Maekito View Post
    Still in. I agree, seems pretty mandatory. Some may prefer the 20% extra healing but its seems to me a permanent 10% DR is better.
    Is it one or the other? I thought we could have both which would make both pretty mandatory as both are pretty major survival boosts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, must be a recent change then, thanks.

Can you check if it's removed from the Timeless Isle achiev as well?

Wowhead still has it but it's greyed out and when you hover over it it has a different name -Wilted Lilypad.
    Hm, it's possible that we'll still have to obtain this grey version for the achievement. I'll check it if I can.

Edit: took a while to find the achievement, didn't know there was a Collections category now... it still requires the Overgrown Lilypad, but I'm sure it'll either be removed or replaced with this unusable version.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2014-08-29 at 07:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Screw symbiosis. It had some useful raid utility, but they gutted and neutered everyone's raid utility anyway.

To compensate they buffed survival insticts to an INSANE 70% damage reduction on a TWO MINUTE cooldown that has TWO charges. Like wtf? That is ridiculously powerful right there. Much better than symbiosis could ever hope to be.

I will miss life gripping people and tranqing while running though, but those were only as a healer.
    Too bad I can't use Survival Instincs as a Resto/Balance....

Oh, also, it's 50%, 70% reduction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sayne9 View Post
    Is it one or the other? I thought we could have both which would make both pretty mandatory as both are pretty major survival boosts.
    Yes, you can only have one of them active at a time.