Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hello fellow Gladigators, a curious question has come up to me that perhaps maybe some of u might have missed but then i might be wrong so correct me if i am

Is using the Draenic armor potion a dps increase over the draenic strength potion?
    Since the armor pot gives 1500 armor, and for gladigator that should be 1500 x 0.9 AP = 1350AP when compared to the strength potion which gives 1000str = 1000ap

Quote Originally Posted by Nautyless View Post
    Hello fellow Gladigators, a curious question has come up to me that perhaps maybe some of u might have missed but then i might be wrong so correct me if i am

Is using the Draenic armor potion a dps increase over the draenic strength potion?
    Since the armor pot gives 1500 armor, and for gladigator that should be 1500 x 0.9 AP = 1350AP when compared to the strength potion which gives 1000str = 1000ap
    You answered yourself, but for clarity, yes. Armor pot is correct.

Having fun with my Gladiator, since I play prot in dungeons/raids usually, the occasional switch and soloing capability is good to have (as I love sword and board).

And since I'm "lazy" to manage everything to pin point "manual" perfection..

I run Glad with "Unyielding Strikes"

And two macros

/cast Devastate
    /cast Heroic Strike
    -------------------------------
    /cast Shield Charge
    /cast Shield Slam

The HS macro is simply saving my fingers, HS is still available as standalone keybind of course (mainly for Ultimatum proc). This is by no means lazy in terms of furious clicking.

All you need to care with the Deva macro is to ensure sufficient rage for Shield Charge.
    Mystery Goo, Magtheridon EU
    http://mystery-goo.eu/

Quote Originally Posted by Improstor View Post
    This is by no means lazy in terms of furious clicking.
    It is lazy. That doesn't mean its wrong, your free to play however you want, but in terms of playing efficiently it is. I wouldn't raid or do CM's like that but it'd work just fine for lesser content.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It is lazy. That doesn't mean its wrong, your free to play however you want, but in terms of playing efficiently it is. I wouldn't raid or do CM's like that but it'd work just fine for lesser content.
    You misunderstood (or more likely, my bad english did the work).

I know it is lazy in terms of perfect rotation, I'm in prot for the harder content anyway. I do mean it is not as lazy when it comes to clicking like madman

Also I believe some people can use it and put the marginal % lost away trying the glad spec..

Each to his own!
    Mystery Goo, Magtheridon EU
    http://mystery-goo.eu/

15+ Year Old Account
    Your main problem is either:

(a) You'll bleed your rage through auto-HS's and not have enough to cast Shield Charge
    or
    (b) You need to save your rage for Shield Charge, so you don't cast Dev

It's not a case of min-maxing, you lose a tremendous amount of DPS with a HS/Dev macro even with US.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Improstor View Post
    You misunderstood (or more likely, my bad english did the work).

I know it is lazy in terms of perfect rotation, I'm in prot for the harder content anyway. I do mean it is not as lazy when it comes to clicking like madman

Also I believe some people can use it and put the marginal % lost away trying the glad spec..

Each to his own!
    You got the wrong idea.. There is no need to click as a madman. Take it chill, no benefit from MASHING your keys without thinking about every keystroke. Only time you want to mash a button is when US is at 6stacks, and i got HS on a mouse button so it's easy to just click and click..

Deleted
    Are we aiming to use the 2/4 set, presuming it changes Shield Block for Shield Charge and does the same as Prot or am I super out of date?

Deleted
    Last simc shows me that i must execute < 20%. Is that correct? - i remember Archi and some1 else says oposite - just to follow our normal rotation .

2+4set is BiS once we can acquire it, but that's a few months away.

The only place where Execute is useful that I have found is when you have 6 stacks of US, Shield Charge is not up and you're rage caped / close to rage cap, but I've yet to sim it to see if it's the actual best way to handle it.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    but i am HR specced

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    You answered yourself, but for clarity, yes. Armor pot is correct.
    Last time I heard, the Armor Potion is just Armor, not Bonus Armor, and it doesnt increase Glad AP.
    Can someone else confirm it, pls?
    Don't make funny of me, If you don't understand what I said.
    I'm just a guy with poor studies, that don't have english as first language

Quote Originally Posted by SeaStone View Post
    You got the wrong idea.. There is no need to click as a madman. Take it chill, no benefit from MASHING your keys without thinking about every keystroke. Only time you want to mash a button is when US is at 6stacks, and i got HS on a mouse button so it's easy to just click and click..
    Eh, he's got it right IMO. For lesser content (or if you just don't care about performance) it is much easier his way, and he understands it isn't optimal, which is all that really matters. With US you absolutely mash HS. I spam it almost without thought until my rage dips low and I'm low on stacks.

I've read some guides about the Gladiator rotation and it seems people are suggesting using Dragons Roar+HS inside SC. I'm confused. Surely using another Devastate+HS instead increasing the chance of getting a SS proc would be better considering Dragons Roar (afaik) doesn't benefit from the SC damage increase.

Or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Diograo View Post
    Last time I heard, the Armor Potion is just Armor, not Bonus Armor, and it doesnt increase Glad AP.
    Can someone else confirm it, pls?
    It's Bonus Armor. It even says so in the tooltip.

My AP, completely unbuffed (no BShout): 4317
    My AP, completely unbuffed (no BShout) + Armor Pot: 5992

Should I use execute or not as a non SD glad?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick question, what should I be enchanting for, both gear and weapon-wise? Can't find a conclusive answer anywhere. On the blog I see crit, but then I see we value haste more...and no one mentions weapon enchants at all.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Someone should really just do a guide for Gladiator Stance *cough*

Enchant Crit on everything, best bang for your buck.

The latest SimC results are showing execute being used sub-20% for Gladiators. I've been simming with and without execute in the rotation and it's a loss to NOT execute with the current SimCraft version so I'd love to hear from Collision on this one as it's always possible the sim results for glad were skewed somehow.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus-WOW View Post

The latest SimC results are showing execute being used sub-20% for Gladiators. I've been simming with and without execute in the rotation and it's a loss to NOT execute with the current SimCraft version so I'd love to hear from Collision on this one as it's always possible the sim results for glad were skewed somehow.
    Thanks!

A comprehensive Collision-style guide covering the other info about Gladiator would be great.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Keeyla View Post
    I've read some guides about the Gladiator rotation and it seems people are suggesting using Dragons Roar+HS inside SC. I'm confused. Surely using another Devastate+HS instead increasing the chance of getting a SS proc would be better considering Dragons Roar (afaik) doesn't benefit from the SC damage increase.

Or am I missing something?
    Most guides not written by Archimtiros are horribly misinformed.

Seriously though, the wowhead guides are written by the worst player to ever choosing the class, Noxxic has and likely always will be a joke website, and icy-veins simply plagiarizes the hell out of whatever we say here.

Dragon Roar should never be used during Shield Charge. Why? Because the tooltip clearly states the few abilities it affects and Dragon Roar is not one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    Should I use execute or not as a non SD glad?
    No. Excepting a few very specific situations which are not practical to watch for, nor enough of a DPS increase to be worth the extra key bind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus-WOW View Post

SimC's profile is using Execute sparingly. It is a DPS increase if used under specific circumstances (GCD before SSlam, US at 6 stacks for free HS). In realistic play though, you aren't going to watch for it, and it isn't worth the bind. I'd liken it to ICC Rend dancing. Sure it could be an increase, but it could just as easily be more of a decrease and only gives you something else to keep track of (and an extra key bind) for an extraordinarily marginal DPS increase.